Discontinued Supreme Vaporizer

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I've been using my V3 a lot more than I thought I would. The vapor is so damn smooth and I can't explain why. I'll keep trying to figure it out, though. The sacrifices that I make in the name of science are a burden that I've chosen to bear for the betterment of all humanity.:science: That's what I keep telling myself anyway.

For those of you using alternative screens, make sure you give them a good cleaning (I soak in iso) every once in a while as dirty screens can really begin to restrict airflow. :2c:

:peace:

subway13029

The supreme 3 is really un freaking believe able. It's my biggest hitter(and I've got the big boys ) and the best taste. So best taste and biggest hitter!! And all I need is 1 stem packed..takes like 2 minutes for whole session and I am set..I'm awaiting screens for my @mestizo mod which is so much easier to use with supreme and I will post pics and milk shots..

shaolinmilk

I have a question. In this instructions, it states not to turn the device upside down, however I see this
and he's vaping with his Supreme turned upside down. Would the herb fall into the heating chamber if you do this? How can you actually vaporizer using a mouthpiece without turning it upside down? I felt extremely awkward last night when I was trying to draw from it without turning the unit upside down. It was extremely uncomfortable because I literally had to go under the Supreme to get a draw. Am I reading the instructions incorrectly?

shaolinmilk,
Reactions: Alexis

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
If your using buds I doubt you have to worry about turning it upside down. I have knocked mine off the table (36" up) on to the concrete floor and watch it go flipping across into my motorcycle a time or two...she's fine. Ed's instructions were meant as guidelines for best experience. The vape itself seems highly indestructible (I have also heated it up to 250C several times unloaded when going for session 2 or 3 and not paying attention to the temp).

Now with ground bud, especially fine grind there could be concerns of material getting up into the heat exchanger and creating a block in the air passage. This could be a permanent problem possibly and could really hinder the flavor. The heat exchanger does get hotter than the shown temp so I believe if any material were to travel into it the material would be heated to a point much closer or even beyond combustion. All IMO of course. I didn't design the thing or write the manual so speculation and experience is all I got!

GTAVaper

Just got notice (call from lobby) that my new Supreme has arrived
...bad news is that I have to pay customs when I go to the post office to pick it up ☹

biohacker

That's too bad dude, I asked Ed to ship via USPS and didn't have to pay any duties/customs, but maybe I was just lucky? I'm glad because I know shipping was like $30 or so. Regardless, this vape is worth SO much more than he charges!

Still can't get over how well this bad boy extracts, the flavour, and the clouds. @lazylathe hooked me up with one of his custom screens and damn it's a game changer! Works so well with the grinds out of my new Kannastor GR8TR and keeps my glass staying clean! Huge props Lazy!

GTAVaper

That's too bad dude, I asked Ed to ship via USPS and didn't have to pay any duties/customs, but maybe I was just lucky? I'm glad because I know shipping was like $30 or so. Regardless, this vape is worth SO much more than he charges!

Still can't get over how well this bad boy extracts, the flavour, and the clouds. @lazylathe hooked me up with one of his custom screens and damn it's a game changer! Works so well with the grinds out of my new Kannastor GR8TR and keeps my glass staying clean! Huge props Lazy!

What are these custom screens you speak of? Have they been discussed or pics posted somewhere in the thread?

GTAVaper,

lazylathe

Almost there...

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
I'm just popping in here to say I love my Supreme. The leathery vapor it produces even barely seems limited by the quality of what you put in, I use plenty of sub grade material in it to equivalent effects as my top grade stuff. I no longer save ABV, I wasn't getting much out of it anyway and with the Supreme, its all spent waste material now with nothing left to give, the Supreme's uniquely dense heated airflow washes over, around and through even a tightly packed column of unground bud for the fullest spectrum extraction. It makes my high tolerance tolerable.

When I visualize it, I see those movie scenes where a nuclear blast wilts a dandelion.

Last edited:

GTAVaper

First evening with Supreme V3..... this is a very awesome vape!
It's probably the hardest hitting vape I have now.

As for vapor density; the Apollo can get equal it when modded out for maximum performance. But at that point it kind of becomes redundant with so much vapor production being pushed through the bubblers. You can basically milk the glass at will.

So it becomes more of an effort in achieving and keeping a nice tasting vapor profile while maximizing vapor density.

Although with the Supreme you need to use a torch.....it is pretty much idiot proof to get amazing performance.

The Apollo can get some incredible results as well but there is definitely a lot more attention required and a more active monitoring of the feedback loop in checking for impending combustion......at least when you are pushing for maximum vapour production over a sustained period.

The first rush is worry free......but when the taste starts changing you also have to remember that there is a bit of a delay through water and not let it get too "popcorny" in taste or you could end up with smoke on your hands because even though you stopped when the vapor turned to that raw crayfish smell/taste....... this vapor is a couple seconds away from combustion and by the time you taste it - combustion has already taken place a couple of seconds upstream to when you hit that warning taste.

This is also how you can avoid getting an avoidable lungful of smoke with any extreme vaporizer that flirts with combustion......just use a glass bubbler configuration with a couple of chambers.

But the Supreme is very easy to use. The easiest I've used to get such incredible results.

Just heat around all sides to 180 and draw.....then some amazingly tasting vapour!

The first few draws are also incredibly flavourful in a very intense way.

After that it is still nicely flavoured, but the intensity of flavour quickly drops - probably because it extracts so quickly in the first few hits.....which is why the initial flavour is so intense.

I usually brought it up to 180/185 deg C in my experiments tonight ......and it climbed to just a degree or two above 200 before starting to drop again. Then I reheated each load a second time and took draws again as the temperature descended.

0.16g of coarsely ground herb filled the chamber loosely.

This is definitely the fastest rate of extraction that I've experienced with any vape.

The most attractive thing about that was that it was worry free.....it didn't seem like there was ever any indication of combustion on the horizon..... even though the vapor production was so intense.

I think that smokers who enjoy their bongs are probably more likely to be converted to vaping with this device primarily because of the speed of extraction......and the intensity of the onset effect.

People new to vaping - especially with the low volume sipper vapes - can easily be dissuaded from pursuing vaping because it seems to take far too long with this kind of vape......even though effects can certainly creep up on you.

But this is a vape that can certainly give you that hard metaphorical "slap to the face"; combined with that suddenly intense lifted feeling that only comes with maximum extraction.

This is like a hard hitting bong hit that sets you on your ass hard.......but hits you even harder, and then sets you down far more gently with the extreme smoothness of the vapor....as well as that amazing taste.

This one's a keeper!

Last edited:

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Glad to hear you like it so much @GTAVaper. Try keeping the temp under 190c and you will notice the flavor blast lasts much much longer. I rode the higher side for quite some time but now I would rather ride the wave which is where I heat to 170c and keep reheating bewteen hits to keep between 150c and 170c. Great fun and a great way to surf in the garage!

mixchu69

I received my Supreme V3 today and I just took my first couple of hits. Took me a while to figure out how to use it since this is my first butane vaporizer.

First impression... Fucking amazing!!!
Yea, I wish it came with manual with pictures or video tutorial. I just received the supreme but don't know how all the parts are supposed to be used. I understand the bowl and pushing it into the supreme,but don't know what all the silicone parts are for. Also, what is the easiest way to fill the bowls?

Last edited:
mixchu69,

GTAVaper

I didn't really read the instructions all the way through. But there were some funny parts.....I liked the part about not hitting anyone too hard with it as that might be hazardous :)

But it was really very intuitive to used if you watch the videos - you know where all the parts fit together and it shouldn't be too hard to figure out after seeing it in action. There are some good videos on YouTube for this device. "IAMKrazy2" has a nice review of it.

Last edited:

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Yea, I wish it came with manual with pictures or video tutorial. I just received the supreme but don't know how all the parts are supposed to be used. I understand the bowl and pushing it into the supreme,but don't know what all the silicone parts are for. Also, what is the easiest way to fill the bowls?
There is a video I made a few monthes ago when I first got it. It explains the parts from what I understood them to be used for. Click on this link to go back to that post.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/supreme-vaporizer.317/page-67#post-923688

GTAVaper

Is there international shipping on the Supreme?

You lot have got my VAS raging!

I think that there is an OTC cream for that which should soothe things ; )

Edit: Sorry....vision blurred out for a sec when reading "VAS" :p

But I do know that there is Int shipping to Canada at least......just email Ed and ask him about your location

shaolinmilk

@GTAVaper Is it necessary to heat up the block on all sides? Everything you said about this vape is spot on. The speed of extraction is ridiculous. I always thought I couldn't get high instantly off vaping, but the Supreme V3 gets me blasted instantly! If I didn't know, I would think I'm combusting without the ash taste.

GTAVaper

I heat from both sides .....just switch the same torch to the other side. I believe that it heats the block more evenly that way but don't know for sure.

But heating both sides with two torches is going to definitely speed the heat up time.

I think that I've seen thermal imaging in @Stu YouTube page so maybe he has done some experiments to determine whether it makes any difference?

The one thing to watch out for is the silicone holding the sensor wires.

Aiming the torch up helps.....but this thing hits so hard that it's easy to forget your name at times
....let alone making sure that the torch is never directed onto the silicone by accident for a second.

Very happy with the performance.....the appearance of the cape sure isn't awe inspiring.....but the performance sure is!

The closest thing I would compare it to is using a Solo stem modded Apollo after a good 5 min warmup ....but I don't think that would even have quite the same flavor burst as the Supreme.....even though that is my most flavorful electrically powered vape.

But that could also be because I have only played with the Supreme for one evening and heated to 185 ....which then climbed to 204 as I began to hit it......so that probably strips all the flavor terpenes off all at once to provide an extra bit of ooomph to the flavour. After that they can both extract extremely quickly.....with the flavour lasting longer for the Apollo. But I still haven't hit it like @nosmoking has suggested. Maybe that might reduce the initial flavour burst and instead prolong the flavour for a more Apollo-like session.

But I do have to say again that it is way more idiot proof than the Apollo.....which has a longer learning curve but is still fairly intuitive.

If you want to get blitzed quick individually I would now choose the Supreme. If I wanted a longer session and wanted to get 2 to 4 people well medicated ......then I'd choose the Apollo. Also even though it also has some very hot parts......I think it would also be less of a burn hazard during operation then the Supreme.

I wouldn't want to be without either! But I really, really like the Supreme and would say that my initial use has definitely made me into a fan......and I look forward to experimenting with it in the future

Edit: Response to @shaolinmilk .....I hate mobile Windows phone 8.....first attempt put my reply as a quote but without the original post.....manual edit resulted in the above post

Last edited:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I heat from both sides .....just switch the same torch to the other side. I believe that it heats the block more evenly that way but don't know for sure.

But heating both sides with two torches is going to definitely speed the heat up time.

I think that I've seen thermal imaging in @Stu YouTube page so maybe he has done some experiments to determine whether it makes any difference?
I've done some experimenting using a thermocouple (IR camera doesn't tell a lot due to the nature of aluminum) and have come to the conclusion that it makes little (if any) difference if you heat up several parts or just one spot. That's why I just heat the one spot now and it works just fine. This is how I heat mine hands free. ;)

xuvZ3Px.jpg

:peace:

Top Bottom