Discontinued Supreme Vaporizer

lazylathe

Almost there...
I seem to be having an issue, somewhere i am not sure yet...
When i first received my Supreme 3 it was pure heaven!
Hit after tasty hit!
I noticed the herb tube was getting quite a nice build up in the end but decided to leave it alone since my herb tasted so good! Different strains had different tastes and flavors, all was good!

Then i decide to clean it up so that when my bro tested it out he would be getting that New experience!
So the tube was soaked in 99% ISO because the build up was like a shatter and very hard.
Herb tube cleaned up to sparkling new!

Then i turned my attention to the silicone bit.
It was starting to look a bit messy, appear to be metal filings and very dark silicone.
Cleaned up nicely with my ISO and q-tip, just slightly yellow from temps i would imagine.

Then i took a new q-tip and cleaned the heat tube.
Just a few flecks of herb stuck to the walls.
Turned out nice and clean!

Then i decided to blow into the heating block, from top to bottom as recommended.
A big puff of dust blew out of the heat port!
Did this a few times and soon there was no more left inside the block.
All good and clean and pristine!

Now to my problem!
it does not taste the same to me anymore.
Everything i put in it tastes the same, the clouds and effects are still there but no taste and flavor.
All my glass is clean and it tastes great to everyone else but me...

I am going to give it a break for a few days and then come back to it.
Has this ever happened to anyone else?

My Lotus and everything else still taste the same just the Supreme.

biohacker

@lazylathe - that is definitely odd, you would think that the deep clean would produce the cleanest tastiest vapour! You're using identical temps? Remember at first you were using lower temps so that became your benchmark for Supreme Flavour Country, and now creeping it up slightly for darker ABV, perhaps affected the taste not to your liking? Probably not, but just a dumb guess! lol

Metal filings? I definitely do not like the sound of that!!! How could that be? Just reading that has triggered a "deal breaker" alarm in my head!:o

biohacker,
Reactions: Alexis

hoyo77

I just got an email from @Ed's TnT about a stem he has built for my supreme3....he sent me a pic it looks amazing and i cannot wait to get it in my hands.

Here's the specs on that piece homie, has an 18mm male at the bottom end with a 7/16" ID x 1/2" bowl depth x 5/16" draw hole which allows it to seat and hold a 1/2" screen snug,

Last edited:

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
Wow nice Ed Supreme stem. :tup:

I just got back from a 3 day business trip and had my new Supreme waiting for me. Very excited, especially since this gives me a reason to break out my D020D that hasn't been used in almost a year. And my creme brulee kitchen torch since I don't get concentrates often.

More report later but just had my first Supreme bowl and.....

Holy Fuck! Uptown Supreme done Funked me up.

This could be the most powerful vaporizer I've yet encountered based on how silkily and effortlessly it filled the D up with thick vapor.

I loaded the stem up with ripped off pieces of a bigger cola and stuffed them down with a metal tamper tool, it was about an inch long pile loose in the tube. Heated the block up to 190C, then inserted the tube (goes against directions, but seems better to me?).

Slapped the ring into the D's 18mm joint and took about 4-5 draws, each with great smooth impressively dense clouds. When I decided it was done, the readout said 164C. Abv was a column of very evenly chocolate browned material.

My advice: use a mirror to watch your water tool fill.

Biggest surprise: it's much smaller than I thought. It's downright tiny.

I didn't like the fragile looking wires connecting to the thermometer, but after hitting this thing, I no longer care.

After an exhausting weekend, I really needed this. I took my Lilly with me, but last night the stock Power torch wouldn't ignite.

The supreme signature is alright with me and def gets added to the rotation to keep high tolerance guessing. Here's hoping after the break in period it stays a keeper with Daisy and my Infinity.

With Ed's deal for FC members, I think it's a pretty much a no-brainer unless you are torch-averse.

Big thumbs up. I can't wait to come down a little so I can hit this thing again. :mmmm:

biohacker

I loaded the stem up with ripped off pieces of a bigger cola and stuffed them down with a metal tamper tool,

Metal tamper tool? You mean the paperclip screen that is supposed to go in first before your herb? :p

I run a q-tip damp with ISO through my stem to keep things clean and I have not noticed a taste change.

I spoke to @lazylathe about this since any kind of metal dust (especially aluminum) concerns the heck out of me. He came to the conclusion that it's caused by the friction of the tube rubbing. I'm just not sure how concerned I should be about this, but i'm going to see for myself soon enough! Hoping for delivery before week's end! :rockon:

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
Metal tamper tool? You mean the paperclip screen that is supposed to go in first before your herb? :p

No, that was in place to hold the herb, but I found filling the tube not really feasible with just my fingers. I'm not using grounds. I don't think you are meant to use grounds because of this paperclip screen not being able to hold it in, but it holds in unground pieces just fine.

The tool I used was one of the many tampers I've collected from other devices, a little metal tool. I'm sure many of us here have all kinds of this stuff.

hoyo77

No, that was in place to hold the herb, but I found filling the tube not really feasible with just my fingers. I'm not using grounds. I don't think you are meant to use grounds because of this paperclip screen not being able to hold it in, but it holds in unground pieces just fine.

The tool I used was one of the many tampers I've collected from other devices, a little metal tool. I'm sure many of us here have all kinds of this stuff.
I made put a small screen in mine. i like using ground herb in the Supreme, to me it seems like with ground herbs u get a denser hit..i could be wrong or i could be medicated but these are my thoughts...lol

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
I made put a small screen in mine. i like using ground herb in the Supreme, to me it seems like with ground herbs u get a denser hit..i could be wrong or i could be medicated but these are my thoughts...lol

I have screens I could rig up if I wanted to use grounds, which I might try eventually, but I'm pretty satisfied the way it is. I've actually mostly gotten away from grinding for all of my vapes.

Edit:

After some more use, I am adjusting my temp. Although typically I like to skirt the higher temps of most vaporizers I've owned, I find I'm liking 160C to start on the Supreme v3. I get more draws, better taste, and the vapor quality seems just as thick.

I also noticed that as I drew faster, the temperature actually creeped upwards! That seems a testament to their unique heat exchanger design.

One drawback that must be mentioned is you will need to stock up on butane if you want to use this one often. (I am now more interested in the electric version posted a few pages back!)

So the process of using the Sv3 is similar to heating a nail. Could this be considered a flower dabber? :evil:

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
So after a very bad mishap with the Supreme 3, i now have it back up and running like a dream!

A guy from work came over to see what it was all about and to test it.
First thing he does is squeeze the handle, both sides and he severs the thermometer wires!!
Sliced cleanly in half...

PRO TIP: Only hold by the BACK handle and never squeeze both sides together!!

So following on from that, i remove the thermometer from the handle.
I then inspect the thermocouple as i did not want to damage it in any way!
It is just slid under the top bit of silicone, so very easy to remove.
I then discovered that the wire that is crimped on was very loose. It made contact but not a very solid connection. Grabbed a pair of pliers and crimped it nice and tight!

Soldered the wires back together with heat shrink tubing covering the joints.
Also added a heat shrink cover over the wires and under the thermometer.
Replaced the thermocouple and i was good for a test!

Thermometer works perfectly again!
Fired her up to 160 and settled at 172 and took a hit.
Oh Hello!!! There you are again flavor country!

The other item i did not mention previously was my inability to get dark ABV like i was in the beginning.
Even firing up to 195, the ABV was still green.
Should have mentioned that before!

My conclusion is that during me packing it and driving around with it in the car may have loosened the wires enough for an intermittent connection and false readings.

Back to hitting like a flavor train!

biohacker

OMG It's HERE! Everything looks great, just need to fill up the new Kochin brulee torch, and hello coarse grind! I need to find some screens that fit, been on the backburner for too long.

EDIT: OMG! First two bowls completed. Game changer. LOVE the speed of extraction!

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
OMG It's HERE! Everything looks great, just need to fill up the new Kochin brulee torch, and hello coarse grind! I need to find some screens that fit, been on the backburner for too long.

EDIT: OMG! First two bowls completed. Game changer. LOVE the speed of extraction!

Welcome to the Butane Club!!

lazylathe,
Reactions: biohacker

biohacker

I know it was said not too long ago, and i'm searching like crazy, but does anyone know off hand what size screen I need for the tube?

biohacker,

biohacker

I don't personally bother using a screen. Throw some chunks in there if you can. Extraction is excellent and no need for grinded up material IMO.

Agreed, however I just want the flexibility of having options so I can use my purchased "blends". These come preground and are a salad of different strains and are "designed" for vaporizers... the grind is very fine, and I can't use the paperclip screen unless I put something else in too.

So far i've been using a coarse shred and the results have been nothing but stunning. Maybe 4 bowls in, various sizes, every single one perfect, from 160-190c, bong like super THICK milky hits that are the SMOOTHEST i've ever experienced.

Now I understand @lazylathe craving for a 2nd Supreme! I need another and a case of butane and i'm good! My Mighty is going to see ALOT less usage now!

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
The worst thing for me is waiting for cool down to pack that next bowl.
Why wait? You can just remove the stem (it cools quickly once out of the core), dump the ABV and re-load while the block is still retaining heat.

:peace:

Stu,
Reactions: Alexis

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Why wait? You can just remove the stem (it cools quickly once out of the core), dump the ABV and re-load while the block is still retaining heat.

:peace:

Paperclip screen and tube were pretty hot the time i tried it but will attempt to take it out again and wait a minute or so before touching the screen again

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I remove the hot tube around 250 and set it in my abvtray. Then I restart my torch and reposition the Supreme and torch to start heating again...I try not to let it drop below 220F...now I turn the thermo off and back on and then back to F. By this time the heating tube is cool enough to unload and repack and I still have a minute to spare to type this up on my cell before I jump back in!

I also only use a 10mm coarse screen only. It works for chunks, coarse or powder. Later I will share a tip for keeping your screen clean!

Top Bottom