1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Supreme Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by nysuperscum, Nov 30, 2008.

1. KidFated.

KidFated. We Don't Even Live Here..

Just picked up a ton of stuff for the daughter and my soon to be born son, all I need now is the double stroller that’s capable of the trails I like to hike. Crazy expensive day but it feels good to get it taken care of.. I also picked up a new torch today, so my sv3 is ready for me once I can tag in my girls mom for baby duty. Can’t wait. Cheers!

Other Side, JCat, Hogni and 3 others like this.
  2. Other Side

Other Side In the clouds

Fyi for those interested in upgrading your torch.

ShayWhiteGrow, highasakite and JCat like this.
  3. Abysmal Vapor

Abysmal Vapor Shaman of The Pyramid of Orlin'Malah

:)) There is one killer EU deal for SV3 in the classifieds,courtesy of @Vapodudule .Since there are very few left in the world , you may consider it a steal for the price :D

4. JCat

JCat Well-Known Member Accessory Maker

Yeah ... no worries ... that wasn't my concern ... I was just making sure you hadn't missed it! (as far as I'm concerned there's lots of room for everyone ... and if you come up with a better idea, than by all means it should get out there :) )

I'm doing this as much for the fun of it as anything else (it's going to fund my VAS some as opposed to my bank account, and fund my tinkering, but that's about it. I'd make more money @ my regular job, but this is just oh so much fun! :lol: )

Anxious to hear how it goes when you get around to it!

szai, Hogni, highasakite and 4 others like this.
  5. Phenix

Phenix Well-Known Member

indeed his VAS flush sale is interesting.
    Is the Sublimator XLR Apollo + UFO heating elements consdierable as a contentor (which might be supreme to the Supreme ;) )?? priced at 200€ I have to admit I am tempted..

on my tinkering with the thermostat:
    had some trouble during it. for some reason the wire brake right before the termo-sensor on the wire and during soldering a wire to it I likely touched it one time or so: it does not work now at all, displaying "HHHH".

where can I snag a replacement termo-sensor-thingy?
    a shop in Europe had be nice..

6. JCat

JCat Well-Known Member Accessory Maker

It looks like some sort of zener diode ... but I could be wrong ... however, one can measure temperature with zener diodes, so I might be right too.

Only way to identify it would be to apply a voltage (20v) in series w/ a resistor of 2k ohm and then measure the voltage across it. There are instructions online on how to accomplish this. Maybe someone on the forums w/ an SV3 has a zener diode tester already built and handy? :lol:

Alexis, lazylathe and Phenix like this.
  7. Phenix

Phenix Well-Known Member

thanks @JCat for the input.. no idea how to measure that tough :lol:

I somehow managed to create a solder joint which wont break off directly (was not easy) and for now it works: at times it is a little wonky but hey right now it works. once the HHHH error comes up again I just wiggle the wire around til it gives the temperature again..
    this is not optimal but it works so Im good to go.

messaged the supreme inventor tough: maybe he wants to share the part number..
    my lookaround online for external hightemperature measurers turned out I had to spend somewhat $30 and more.. Im glad it works like this!

8. Phenix

Phenix Well-Known Member

damn it.
    I had it soldered as good as possible and apparently mounted it to near to the heat block: quite some solder messed up the diode-thingy. Now it does not work for sure..

Which alternatives do I have? what are good search keywords to use for? something in the grilling / cooking area should be it for a thermostat lasting til 300 Celsius or so

9. szai

szai Well-Known Member

You could always diy a solution using a similar barbecue thermometer if you can't find the original one.

Phenix likes this.
  10. Morty

Morty Well-Zoned Member

11. Phenix

Phenix Well-Known Member

highasakite likes this.
  12. szai

szai Well-Known Member

That's not bad! Wonder if he still has parts for the V1& v2? I wanna try and get my hands on one of each.

KidFated. likes this.
  13. Hogni

Hogni Honi soit qui mal y pense

$30? For that cheap piece of chinese plastic?? :o I can understand that someone wants to make profit with replacement parts but THAT!?!?

14. biohacker

biohacker fully melted

+shipping :rolleyes:

highasakite, CheeseSandwich and szai like this.
  15. Hogni

Hogni Honi soit qui mal y pense

But that would be the same if the thermometer would just cost $3.

highasakite and CheeseSandwich like this.
  16. Abysmal Vapor

Abysmal Vapor Shaman of The Pyramid of Orlin'Malah

:D For 30$ one can get a wireless BBQ thermometer and monitor it trough an app of his phone ,lol :D.

17. szai

szai Well-Known Member

That is true but that wireless tech seems more beneficial to a future elev8r mod

highasakite and biohacker like this.
  18. dapperdopamine

dapperdopamine Active Member

been wanting to or
    der one of these for a while, just ordered a dually a few hours ago when I was drunk, im excited though maybe I can finally convert my smoking friends to vaping

19. Gray Area

Gray Area Well-Known Member

Or scare them off forever :evil:

20. splitz

splitz Well-Known Member

Dually cooked.

[​IMG]

szai, Buildozer, vapirtoo and 6 others like this.
  21. just_the_flu

just_the_flu they say im crazy but i have a have a good time

...inspired by @JCat , but not having a shop nor the proper tools or materials, i came up with my own 'temporary' coil mod....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

...22 gauge kanthal hand wrapped tight, used pliers to twist & tighten the ends... not too sure how comfortable i feel about leaving this unattended... but so far working as intended :D

natural farmer, duff, Alexis and 13 others like this.
  22. szai

szai Well-Known Member

Suitably insane! It does been the question why only now? Shouldn't someone here tried this year's ago?

duff, Gray Area, JCat and 5 others like this.
  23. biohacker

biohacker fully melted

A couple of members have... but as far as I recall, not successfully until @JCat and @just_the_flu ! Nice work!

Alexis, JCat, lazylathe and 2 others like this.
  24. dapperdopamine

dapperdopamine Active Member

just a question, when I was reading some reviews it mentioned having to email ed, if I purchased through the buy button directly on the site I don't have to do that right? just making sure

JCat and just_the_flu like this.
  25. splitz

splitz Well-Known Member

I purchased right off of Ed's site as well - he wasn't the best at communicating until I wanted to add something to my order... it took him about a week to touch base initially.

JCat, KidFated. and lazylathe like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors