Discontinued Supreme Vaporizer

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
@WakeAndVape was that a hideaway bag?! bruh your just down the street
good eye! we need to have a session sometime then...maybe make a video

i love the hideaway..it used to be my go to LHS...until FC, now i just go for instant gratification items :rockon:

I have a feeling @Morty has a dually coming his way! I have a feeling that I do too!
:brow: yes...more dually brothers coming! are you on reddit by chance?

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
Got home about 40 minutes ago, walk in the door and the power goes out. Fall is near, days getting shorter, it's starting to get dark out.

Thankfully my precious Supreme uses a different kind of juice than electricity and makes staring into the darkness a bit more palatable.

I insert after heating, it's just my way.

How'd you like to be the air and cannabinoid molecules that have to navigate this superheated maze?

he1.jpg

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
So I accidentally dropped the SV3 off the table and after it hit the ground, I notice the inernals underneath the shroud now clink around inside. Is it possible the internal maze collapsed on themselves?

seaofgreens,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
So I accidentally dropped the SV3 off the table and after it hit the ground, I notice the inernals underneath the shroud now clink around inside. Is it possible the internal maze collapsed on themselves?
I have opened my SV2 heater and it was just 10 separate metal sheets with little "legs", stacked upon each other(,it only looks complicated on photos,actually nothing else holds them together rather than the frame of the heater),maybe they have moved a bit and started to rattle, AFAIR my also began rattling with use,it is not an issue..
I actually was surprised how easy was to open the heater , sadly i didnt watch out for blowback from bongs all the time and even when used dry sometimes i was seeing vapor coming out from the heater top,and as expected there was a lot of residue,and burnt matter stuck to those metal pieces,so be careful with that and always have a screen between the on top of the herb to avoid abv going in. :))
he1.jpg

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Thanks. Right on. It still seems to work about the same.

I find pulling the sv3 off before you are done pulling through a rig helps eliminate any blowback from occuring. Give it a shot!

Abysmal Vapor

Thanks. Right on. It still seems to work about the same.

I find pulling the sv3 off before you are done pulling through a rig helps eliminate any blowback from occuring. Give it a shot!
I have retired my supreme long time ago, i actually was getting headaches from using it from the very begging which made me consider using it regularly ,guess i am very sensitive this particular type of metal.
I think that blow back from vapor was inevitable with the SV2 ,i dont know how is it with the SV3 model but the SV2 had the temp probe inserted right in the herb,so the temp of the heater i guess is higher since,there is where the power goes and i had nice vapor even at 140 C. So in that moment before inhalation the herb sits in a conduction area,and it for sure releases some vapor which goes right trough the top you can check that with a flashlight during heating process. Also if you heat it when it is not on your wp,some light blowback happens the moment you put in your WP.
Another reason for vapor going out the wrong way is when it is used outdoors even indoors with abreeze/wind passing on top kind of sucks air out of the chamber,i dont know if i am making any sense with that..
I babied my supreme in first few months of use ,but i just got careless with it because it wasnt just my cup of coffee due to the mentioned headache issues,i would have sold it if it wasnt for the crappy char on the wood i made almost out of the box,it would have made someone a happy user for sure.
All in all SV is a great vape in performance,but i can for sure tell the huge difference in the cleanness of the experience compared to all glass vapes like the Gn0mes.

Last edited:

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Makes sense. I'll have to pay better attention to the top with a light. The flavor hasn't changed much over time as if buildup was occurring though, so I just roll with what my senses tell me.

Still my favorite hard hitting vape. But it puts me down pretty quick so I have to be careful.... the POWER!

biohacker

sadly i didnt watch out for blowback from bongs all the time and even when used dry sometimes i was seeing vapor coming out from the heater top,and as expected there was a lot of residue,and burnt matter stuck to those metal pieces,so be careful with that and always have a screen between the on top of the herb to avoid abv going in. :))

Very interesting, as @lazylathe previously was experiencing poor taste which vanished after a proper deep clean of the heat exchanger. I'm considering doing one of these deep cleans myself since I don't pay any special attention to blowback etc, because I could never understand how abv and vapour would survive in there, but I suppose with lower temps things could condense. Wouldn't a re-heat up to high temp obliterate it all though? Perhaps for my first hit today i'll heat up to 190c and take a nice slow hit empty and see what vapes up!

All in all SV is a great vape in performance,but i can for sure tell the huge difference in the cleanness of the experience compared to all glass vapes like the Gn0mes.

How was the airflow on your sv2 when you hit it? Other than @Alexis, AFAIK you are the only other anomaly on this forum when it comes to reacting to the aluminum metal.

How exactly is a Gnome (all glass/ discontinued) more clean in the experience? Can you actually taste a difference? The sv3 is one of the best tasting vapes i've ever experienced, especially when I don't grind and stick to low-moderate temps. Use it in convection mode with a glass reducer and screen, and it rivals the Vriptech IMO.

Email sent for the dually yesterday...getting stoked! Thinking some extra silicone plugs may be a good idea..

Abysmal Vapor

I think that somewhere along the run ,when rattling began, i noticed that there is more space between the bottom metal piece of the heater and the tube, maybe i got it bent from poking ,trying to remove the screens for cleaning wasnt very easy,also AL been softer than steel makes it easier to get it scratched . I think that i have reheated mine too much few times i went to 220 C and maybe that is the reason why things got stuck on the plates,just like things stick on baking dishes. Also i think other users have reported that after some time a black residue starts to build up in the herb chamber and on the bottom plate,i had those especially when used with abv oil sandwiches or hash ,and i can always feel them in the bowl when they are not cleaned..which resulted in causing numerous scratches on mine.
.The Gnomes are probably the only vape other than the vapocane that involves only glass in the construction, I think that Vriptech also had a silicon seal for bowl,but that might have been on the older models. Gnome is actually similar to the SV and Glass Symphony,cause it has a much larger heater ID than the bowl ID .. Which is the recipe for massive hits.
I guess my thoughts got a bit scattered.. So to you second question i would say:
1 I can always taste difference between the all glass(sadly most fragile of all) and other materials ,there is also a noticeable difference in smoothness.. Even though it a jedi learning curve to it ,when things are done right ,nothing beats that.. Of course i would want from my daily driver consistent results, and that's where the Supreme beats the Gn0me,making the probability of user error far smaller.. For example if i rate the ultimate Gn0me session at 10/10 i would say that out of 10 sessions i would get like 6-7 x 9/10-10/10 and 2-3 x 7/10-8/10 1-2 x 5/10-6/10 , With the supreme if you are careful you could recreate same experience almost every time.
2. I can always tell the difference between in taste ,between pure convection and hybrid . What is that convection mod are you talking about ? Do you still load the herb in tube that is attached to the heater like on the SV2 or is a separate bowl ? As already said herb gets cooked with the SV2 before you take the hit,that impairs taste a bit IMO.
3. What's the dually ? ::))

Morty

@KidFated. Congrats on getting the SV3. A few things I wanted to point out if you didn't already know. Ed says not to go over 400°F & I personally don't like to go over 380°F. The Vapo2 glass stem can be loaded at either end. The included 14mm M-F adapter I prefer to use w/ the 18/14mm reducer & through a j-hook or dry WT. YMMV. B/C of the thickness of the Vapo2 bent stem, a VC mouth pull technique works well here. If you end up enjoying direct draw & don't have a j-hook, I'd recommend the Vapo2 All-In-Wonder bowl. You can use the silicone MP for direct draw but I never bothered. Can't wait to hear your impressions. Especially the alu stem vs the glass. Some prefer the stock, some the glass. I feel like the stock stem provides a little bit bigger clouds, while the glass stem gives a bit of an uptick in flavor. Oh, and I prefer to use a nug plug when using ground bud over screens, but I need to experiment more here still. Again, YMMV. When you get it, you should do a back to back sesh w/ your LSV to compare the two. I've never owned an LSV (others here have), but I think your gonna be pleasantly surprised. Have fun @KidFated.

[USER=6543]@Abysmal Vapor
I appreciate you sharing your experiences. Seriously. If any vape I got caused me headaches, that things getting shelved, regardless of cost. Health first. I know you have the SV2, but my experience w/ the SV3 was a little different. The 1st time I tried it, I used a Vapolution 2.0 glass stem & after exhale it smacked me upside the head how much it tasted like (almost to a tee) my 1st vape, the all glass Vapolution Pocket Vape. No BS.

I'd love to hear how the SV3 stacks up flavor wise w/ a Vapo2 Stem compared to say, an EVO. I'm not saying it would taste as good, but I don't think it would be a huge gap either. Maybe I'm wrong. @shaolinmilk or @WakeAndVape You need to get a Vapolution 2.0 9mm straight stem & let us know. @vapirtoo You have a Vapo2. How different is the taste between it & using a glass stem w/ the SV3 ? Again, I'm not saying the SV3 is going to taste better, but I'd be hard pressed to believe the gap is that wide after my experiences using the VPV & the SV3 w/ glass stems. The taste is very very similar IMO.

All this talk of shit getting in the heat exchanger has got my OCD Spidey senses tingling! I always use it upright & if I'm using a fine grind or concentrates, I always add a nug plug on top of the load. When I'm not using it I usually store it w/ all my glass in a clean cooler or if left out I put something over it to cover the Sup. I don't want anything getting in there & messing w/ the flavor! Didn't the SV2 come w/ a heat block cover ? Or was that the OG ? Or both ? IIRC, in the early portion of the SV3 thread, someone posted pictures of a DIY cover for the heat block. I need to try & find that.

@biohacker I'll probably be ordering a Dually soon, but I doubt I'll have it for long. @lazylathe Wants to trade me his NVFP, GS & Herbo Ti for it. Not good enough I told him, so I'm waiting to see if he's gonna throw in a Mighty to sweeten the deal. Oh, & BH, I think you meant @alex, not @Alexis. Hey @alex, I saw a picture of one of your buds the other day. Nice trichs dude![/USER]

@scion34 What Underdog screens are you using ? The small or large ? I want to get some & try 'em out. Thanks!

Last edited:

vapirtoo

Yo Morty
For the longest time my Vapolution 2 was the cats meow in taste. After joining the cloud chasers and getting the Supreme, I was amazed at the taste of the Supreme which was right up there with the vapo 2.
Sadly my Vapolution has been gathering dust.
I would give it to one of my combuster friends,but they would never clean it or take loving care of it, so fuck em .

scion34

@scion34 What Underdog screens are you using ? The small or large ? I want to get some & try 'em out. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Hey @Morty , it would be their smallest size screens, the ones that fit inside their nylon stems. I placed them in from the bottom of the bowl, with the basket flipped around so the herb sits on top of the basket screen, don't see myself going back either to the stock screen, love using only coarse/fine grind in this beast

biohacker

Wouldn't a re-heat up to high temp obliterate it all though? Perhaps for my first hit today i'll heat up to 190c and take a nice slow hit empty and see what vapes up!

So I did just this, except went up to 200c, and received absolutely zero vapour, but pretty sure I did get some taste, and know for a fact that I did receive some level of medication! :lol:

few times i went to 220 C and maybe that is the reason why things got stuck on the plates,just like things stick on baking dishes.

I'm ashamed to admit that my record is 250c! :whoa: Oops!:doh:

What is that convection mod are you talking about ?

@Morty just explained it again within the past page or so.

What's the dually ? ::))

My friend, you really have some reading to do! :razz:

@Morty :rofl::lmao:

Abysmal Vapor

@Morty Yes it was the SV2 i was using,and for the record i was the only one that had headaches from it, and a lot of people tried it. For the record i consider my self to be the Princess and the Pea kind of guy :D.. ,i often sense thing who other people swear that dont exist and often get pissy about my complains about stuff.. I also got it half price for about 80$ which was a steal.. some kind of clearance sale was going on. For sure i can say the SV3 has addressed a lot of the issues of the SV2 . The wood was very fragile and sensitive to overheating. I got chars in no time and with use the herb chamber began to rattle cause the hole holding it got bigger.
@biohacker just checked,the dually looks :freak:. 250 C would have made the SV2 smoke like a camp fire for sure.

biohacker

@Abysmal Vapor - Man! You need to try the sv3! Give it another chance?

When it was at 250c, there was no bowl inserted! I also use a technique where I blow into the intake to cool the heat exchanger down until my desired temp, since I seem to overshoot much more than under.

Been enjoying some incredibly grown sun kissed strains in the sv3 over the past few days! I've never felt anything smoother than an organically grown properly sun dried strain in the supreme! It feels like breathing in fresh fruity air!

Alexis

Oh, & BH, I think you meant @alex, not @Alexis. Hey @alex, I saw a picture of one of your buds the other day. Nice trichs dude!
Thanks man. Yes it turned out very nice indeed, somehow! We had the worst summer for years (5), and the second worse one in maybe 10-15 years. Barely any sun from early July.

Yet we still got stellar bud?! Woulda been SO much better though with proper weather.

By the way, I didnt get an alert to your playful tag ;), I also got tagged by another member in another thread earlier, but no alert!

I saw both tags by chance. I have experienced this a number of times on fc, not getting an alert to a tag.

There is clearly some website flaw. If it happens to me, it must happen to others. So we could all be reaching out to members with a tag, or vice versa, and noone ever gets the alert.

I hope some of the web scientists and architects can pick up on this someday.

Bottom line- if it is important, don't rely on a tag.

Last edited:

Alexis

@Alexis you got all your alert preferences set correctly?

Still loving my supreme :tup:
I think so. I got this one anyway, no reason why some should randomly not come through when the vast majority do.

Really glad you are still happy with the Supreme, and thanks again for being easy as pie to deal with. I have zero regrets buying it, got to wear the T shirt and all!:tup:

Last edited:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
By the way, I didnt get an alert to your playful tag ;), I also got tagged by another member in another thread earlier, but no alert!

I saw both tags by chance. I have experienced this a number of times on fc, not getting an alert to a tag.

There is clearly some website flaw. If it happens to me, it must happen to others. So we could all be reaching out to members with a tag, or vice versa, and noone ever gets the alert.

I hope some of the web scientists and architects can pick up on this someday.

Bottom line- if it is important, don't rely on a tag.
When a tag is placed during a post edit it will not alert the member. Xenforo only checks for tags on original posts. I'll bet that is what happened in your case. It's quite common, actually and has happened to me on several occasions.
1BwwURY.gif

Edit: I just checked morty's post above and your tag was not in the original post. Case solved.:sherlock:

:peace:

Top Bottom