The Plug-In Supreme Vaporizer

CheeseSandwich

...one would assume that would be a given (the heatblock being HOT after heating)...

...however, my buddy went to remove a ti nail to clear the pipe first time he did a dab :ko:

I grabbed my Sublimator atomizer like that on day one. It's shaped like a bong slide...damn that hurt.:lol:
Luckily I haven't branded myself with the supreme...yet.

szai

I grabbed my Sublimator atomizer like that on day one. It's shaped like a bong slide...damn that hurt.:lol:
Luckily I haven't branded myself with the supreme...yet.

Avoid cars with cup holders that are too close to the arm rests.

Also luckily the Burns seem not too bad. I'll update you guys with how they heal but I'm pretty sure they're superficial Burns.

Dubmonkey

Update...

Got a email from Ed and he was checking in on how I was liking the sv4. He gave me some tips and how he uses it. I thought hmmm since I still have it let’s give her a rip.

Got the sv4 all wired up and plugged in. Set the PID to 800. Waited 5 mins and turned the PID down to 740. Inserted some torn up material into the pipe bowl and waited 90 seconds. PT the bowl into the sv4 and waited another 30-45 seconds. Placed the sv4 on the roor and instant MILK came rushing down the 10” stem. Filled the chamber and uncapped to clear. Flavor town cloud city mash up. Got two of those. Then third got whisky. Thought try for one more and got it nearly to combust I think. Real dark brown.

Still not a fan of the bowl system when removing after use.

biohacker

Still not a fan of the bowl system when removing after use.

Same here with the SV4. It's a non issue with the SV3 since it has the handle! Massive difference, because wiggling that silicone out of an 18mm female is a challenge with that coil handle. The coil wiggles inside the cavity, and makes it quite difficult to remove. Zero issues wiggling out the SV3 because it has an actual handle (with a flexi-neck). Just a small oversight like this makes it so much more difficult to actually use.

And WOW talk about PID numbers outside of the safety parameters! Did Ed really say to go over 490f on the PID? The instructions are quite clear not to exceed 490 with what was provided with my SV4. Sounds to me like there wasn't as much testing as I initially thought.

Have you seen your coil glow bright red at all?

If there ever was a good time for Ed to join FC to be present and transparent - this is the time!!! :2c:

Dubmonkey

Ed said he made a mistake in the instructions.

Didn’tt see the coil glow red.

I think there may be differences in the PIDs. Thus differences in PID numbers which to get end result correctly. Basically think everyone will need to tune their PID to the desired vapor level. Like driving a manual car for the first time. After a few miles it becomes second nature.

Please pardon the last three posts or so the sv4 meds are kicking

szai

I think there may be differences in the PIDs. Thus differences in PID numbers which to get end result correctly. Basically think everyone will need to tune their PID to the desired vapor level. Like driving a manual car for the first time. After a few miles it becomes second nature.

Mind? We're all a bunch of crazy people that use the most rediculous looking vape after the vapor snake. We're going to celebrate your last few posts not deride them!

JCat

Accessory Maker

I think it has to do with how tight the coil is against the block in the cavity.

With my SV3 mod I’ve settled on 480 on the PID to get stable at 365.

With the earlier prototype, without it tight, I was up at 750 to get an unstable 350

Alexis

Thanks for your informative post....the best yet in this thread.

Can you do a massive milk shot for the crowd? Can the S4 produce massive vapor or is this device an edsel?

I need to see the S4 actually perform before I could ever buy.

:peace:
I would just watch and wait for now, too early to call anything right now with the unusual launch. We really need someone already experienced with V3 to have a properly working V4, together with all feedback that comes from Ed on this and some questions should start being answered hooefully.
Although it is possible we could still be sat round :hmm: with yet MORE questions in weeks to come. I really hope not however and all kinks can be fully worked out eventually.

szai

I would just watch and wait for now, too early to call anything right now with the unusual launch. We really need someone already experienced with V3 to have a properly working V4, together with all feedback that comes from Ed on this and some questions should start being answered hooefully.
Although it is possible we could still be sat round :hmm: with yet MORE questions in weeks to come. I really hope not however and all kinks can be fully worked out eventually.
Yeah I think @Dubmonkey is under her thrall! He might find himself with significantly more abv then before!

And I pray he is much more discriminating in his choice of sv4 accessories then I was with my sv3.

Dubmonkey

Ok coming back to reality. Lol.

Just fired off a email to Ed thanking him for the instructions and shared some of my thoughts.

I am more excited now to move my sv4 and pick up a sv3 and a set of @JCat plates. The stand and theroprobe digital thermometer is what makes it the one for me I think.

Checking out flat coils now....

szai

Ok coming back to reality. Lol.

Just fired off a email to Ed thanking him for the instructions and shared some of my thoughts.

I am more excited now to move my sv4 and pick up a sv3 and a set of @JCat plates. The stand and theroprobe digital thermometer is what makes it the one for me I think.

Checking out flat coils now....

The prodigal son hath returned to us!

lazylathe

Almost there...
Let's hope mine gets shipped on the 27th!
I will take some pictures and of course videos of it in action.

I also agree with @JCat and the whole fitment issue and temp ranges...
If it is not an intimate fit, there is too much heat loss to the air...
Wonder if it could be opened up carefully and place some SS shims in there to make it snug.

Also need to think about a stand...

@Dubmonkey Good luck finding a used S3!
Once people find out about the mod they are going to be scarce!
Unless you get the Dually...

biohacker

X10000000!!!!

Wonder if it could be opened up carefully and place some SS shims in there to make it snug.

I think so...it's only tamped down a bit to keep the coil in there. My coil moved around a bit but wouldn't fall out.

@Dubmonkey Good luck finding a used S3!
Once people find out about the mod they are going to be scarce!
Unless you get the Dually...

EVen without knowing about the mod they are scarce as it is! I can't believe at one time I had a stockpile of 4 of them and now I have none! Still waiting to hear back if an sv3 singular is even possible anymore. Hope so!

Is this thing beyond beta or is it actually a work in progress? Is there only one S4 in the wild?

Less Elev8tr! More reading! ;)

lazylathe

Almost there...
I think so...it's only tamped down a bit to keep the coil in there. My coil moved around a bit but wouldn't fall out.

If it moved around that is bad news... Then the two tamp marks are strictly to hold the coil in place.
It should be a uniform tight, push fit for the coil and it should not be able to move at all once inserted.

With bad QC, there will be no consistency between units and temps will fluctuate wildly...
Looks like i may have some work to do before using it...

biohacker

If it moved around that is bad news... Then the two tamp marks are strictly to hold the coil in place.
It should be a uniform tight, push fit for the coil and it should not be able to move at all once inserted.

The two tamp marks are indeed strictly to hold the coil in place. It moves, but not a lot... maybe just an 1/8th of an inch. The design is flawed because of using the handle. The SV4 when used in an 18mm female joint will stick, and using the coil handle just doesn't feel right because it's causing strain in that coil compartment so it moves. I agree it should be a completely tight snug fit.

If Ed actually used the handles from the SV3 it wouldn't an issue whatsoever because you wouldn't be using the coil handle to remove the SV4. I realize that the handle has a cost associated with it, and more likely time of labour, but I just can't understand this oversight in the design.

:lol: It's "Elev8r" bro- no T. ( @Morty asked 7th Floor if he could borrow it for a break! )

Holy fuck you are on a roll today brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl::rockon::tup:

biohacker

It's been 3 days now and still waiting on a return shipping address. You would think he would prioritize one of his only two SV4 customers? :shrug:

I decided to take the risk and plugged in the PID to do some more careful testing. With the coil connected, regardless of what I set the temp to, it would reach for the stars and hit 999 until the coil glowed red. Nothing else to test, and i'm not feeling opening up the PID. Ed confirmed he ran into the same issue which is the temp control chip/processor blown and irreversibly damaged. He said he switched to another brand PID and it worked perfectly like nothing ever happened (good taste even though the vape looks burnt!).

Interesting, as he told me 490 was the max safe limit as well. The PID should be discontinued completely IMO. I mean, what the hell, he puts a sticker on the back of it saying that it must be used with a GFCI, otherwise fire, damage, and death can result? Why not just use a proper controller like an Auberins to start with? And then goes on to state that it offers the highest level of electronic protection that no other vaporizer offers? :rolleyes:

Dubmonkey

Friend and I did two bowls each back to back with the SV4. We were both medicated. Can say repacking the hot bowl between each of our bowls felt like a scene from Hurt Locker. You got mins before meds kick to repack a hot bowl while using needle nose pliers.

Was using the settings of 720 to 750. 750 offered a little to much heat extraction. Didn’t combust but could tell got dark dark brown quick.

The coil moves when either removing or adding the bowl. I would say about 1/4” of movement.

Considering if this SV4 was going to be in possession for a long time I would consider the following:

-changing out the coil to a standard xlr wiring (std=Dnail wiring) so I can use a PID I am comfortable with

-changing of the coil, grinding off the welded on sleeve and mount up @JCat plates.

Overall great session last night but to end the night did some SH bowls.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Since the S4 debacle on FC i have emailed Ed 4 times and have had no replies...
Customer service?? Must be only when he feels a reply is required!

I have asked him about the issues discovered on FC and the almost Chernobyl experience of @biohacker !
Asked about how to ensure the controller is set up to function before plugging the S4 in and many other questions.
I started 11 days ago and TOTAL RADIO SILENCE.

Today i sent him another email requesting a refund due to everything above, lets hope he replies...

I totally agree with @Dubmonkey with regards to removing the plate and using the @JCat mod.
However this defies the total object of the S4.
If it cannot be correctly manufactured to accept a tightly fitting coil, Ed should just resume with the S3 and offer a kit to turn it into a digital unit or work with @JCat and get a winning combo for less $$$.

Suddenly this years long project seems super rushed out of the door...

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
According to an old German saying the SV4 "ist mit der heißen Nadel gestrickt" (it's knitted with a hot (knitting) needle), means something didn't have had the time for being developed or produced as needed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom