• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Plug-In Supreme Vaporizer

biohacker

Heard back from Ed, my unit was tested for 10 minutes and everything was good to go before it shipped. It sounds like it's the PID, not the coil. He mentioned he did test that model for several months before deciding to go with it, but it's still electronics and sounds like the temp control modulator chip blew and the pid went rogue. I suggested going with a different pid, like Auberins! Or even a cheap vapecode would be better than this light cheap plastic junk.

Ed's customer service has been stellar.... quick response back, and he will 100% take care of me so i'm happy regardless of which direction I go. My confidence in this controller (and coil) is obviously nil, however my confidence in Ed is up there!

@lazylathe has yours been shipped yet?

szai

I have faith that Ed will get the kinks worked out on the SV4. I will patiently wait and purchase another vape for now.

I don't doubt Ed at all. I just think that's a better option because of the heating source flexibility and also portability. Despite my Burns I remain commited to using my sv3 in cars. Will try to avoid using it in the despicably designed Bavarian Man Wroaster. It's the ultimate burning machine!

Last edited:

Dubmonkey

I personally would go Jcat plates on a sv3 if I was ok SV3/4 bowl system. That way coils are easy to replace as it would just unbolt. Versus sv4 you need to drill out the two bits holding the sv4 coil and pry open the sv4 sleeve. Plus the sv3 comes with stand and thermometer. Lastly, from a appearance stand point the SV4 looks raw and welds don’t look like laying dimes. While the SV3 looks polished.

szai

I personally would go Jcat plates on a sv3 if I was ok SV3/4 bowl system. That way coils are easy to replace as it would just unbolt. Versus sv4 you need to drill out the two bits holding the sv4 coil and pry open the sv4 sleeve. Plus the sv3 comes with stand and thermometer. Lastly, from a appearance stand point the SV4 looks raw and welds don’t look like laying dimes. While the SV3 looks polished.

The bowl isn't an issue if you use something like this. A little doob tube like in my pic below makes loading ground bud a cinch.

V1KUli0.jpg

Vitolo

Vaporist
Last edited:

szai

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
A little doob tube like in my pic below makes loading ground bud a cinch.

...imo sv3 does not need ground material, in fact it's my opinion (i believe many others too) that the sv3 works better with chunks of bud(un-ground, just shoved pieces of nugs in the tube)...

...i know it seems odd and probably goes against everything you know, but trust me when i say just toss nugs in the sv3...

...try this and report back :nod:

szai

...imo sv3 does not need ground material, in fact it's my opinion (i believe many others too) that the sv3 works better with chunks of bud(un-ground, just shoved pieces of nugs in the tube)...

...i know it seems odd and probably goes against everything you know, but trust me when i say just toss nugs in the sv3...

...try this and report back :nod:

I often vape whole bud in my sv3. The grinding is mainly for my omnivong. I had to daily the sv3 until today when I cut an SS screen down to size for the omnivong.

Ed may just be able to provide this for you.
But your Glass blower may be able to get you exactly what you are looking for to the "T".

Well I'm trying to meet my friend's friend who is a glass blower. Apparently he's working on an 18mm j hook for me? I dunno.

lazylathe

Almost there...
This thread quietened down very quickly!
How many people have actually ordered and paid for their S4?
It's been a while and the only two i know of have been on this forum.

I am still excited to receive mine and have some ideas before it's first use!

1- plug in PID into GFCI and see how it reacts and how to set it. Not liking hearing that it jumps to 999F.
2- depending on the outcome of 1 above, i may rewire it and use my RDK to control it.
3- i will be using the temp probe from my S3 to approximate the temp at stem position of S3.

Hopefully this will prevent me from burning the house down, branding myself and destroying a new vape!
Pity this has to be done because V1, V2 and V3 have been stellar!

szai

I am still excited to receive mine and have some ideas before it's first use!

1- plug in PID into GFCI and see how it reacts and how to set it. Not liking hearing that it jumps to 999F.
2- depending on the outcome of 1 above, i may rewire it and use my RDK to control it.
3- i will be using the temp probe from my S3 to approximate the temp at stem position of S3.

Hopefully this will prevent me from burning the house down, branding myself and destroying a new vape!
Pity this has to be done because V1, V2 and V3 have been stellar!

Don't forget to not burn yourself. I realize I'm probably the wrong person to advise caution but I noticed you left that out of your list.

Does anyone own all the previous supremes? I hope to get the lot, one day. Hard to source any of them unfortunately, glad I came across @biohacker 's ad when I did!

lazylathe

Almost there...
Don't forget to not burn yourself. I realize I'm probably the wrong person to advise caution but I noticed you left that out of your list.

Does anyone own all the previous supremes? I hope to get the lot, one day. Hard to source any of them unfortunately, glad I came across @biohacker 's ad when I did!

I have the S2, S3 and now the S4, or soon.
I have yet to burn myself!

hoyo77

I have S1, S2, S3, been sent a PO for the S4 but kinda on the fence about it at the moment.

biohacker

Yeah that was certainly not the way I was expecting things to go! Way too anticlimatic!

I think there might be a couple more fans here that have pulled the trigger?

I'm still just waiting for a return address to send mine back... been 2 days already.

lazylathe

Almost there...
You must have chosen better accessories then I.

Could you take a pic of the whole family awaiting their new sibling?

Here is the small family!
S2 has a wooden body that encloses the heat tube. Each hit has a slight woody taste which is quite nice.
COExflZ.jpg

S2 internals
OTp8w5d.jpg

S3 internals
vOaJWD6.jpg

Wish Ed would have continued to incorporate the "Caution HOT" on the heat exchanger...
oebs0fd.jpg

Nice built in temp readout!
RcsvgPD.jpg

Top Bottom