Supportive SO's?

GenYHippie

Anyone else here have a significant other/someone(s) in their life who approve of or support your MJ use? Especially curious of anyone who lives with their family.

Due to my disabilities ive always lived at home. Well the this MMJ process ive had a good number of laughs. I don't drive so my mom took me to get my card, drove me to the dispensary, and even went to get a caregiver card. My dad doesn't oppose it he is actually pretty mute about it other than occasional curiosity. Though I count him as supportive :). Example being today that we went out to two different hardware stores to find me some screens to use in my solo.

MMj had been mentioned to me before but my aunt was the one who put enough info in front of me to get me to go for it. She asked friends, family, etc... about it. Did some research for me, gave me phone numbers of people who had their cards and were willing to talk to me. She even found a scientist who studied MM in California to ask him a bunch of questions. Thus far of the people who know only one isn't outright supportive. One of my uncles thinks its a bit of a joke but he hasn't seen my life. In the past ten years I may have seen him 3-4 times.

My brother in law gets a huge kick out of it, my sister is all for it (is even sending me a nebulizer she has in case vaping irritates my sensiotive lungs till they adjust to it. Granted many of those people have seen me struggle just to keep my heart beating for the last 7 years but I still find it surprising how supportive they have been thus far.

So any of you have supportive family/SO's in your life? How to they show their support of your usage?

djonkoman

I think my family would support me in almost anything. my parents have always condoned me smoking/vaping weed when I still lived with them, my father would probably rather have that I not smoke/vape, but on the very few ocassions he said anything about it, my mother replied that he also likes a drink in the evening, so that weed is the same for me(I have never seen my parents drunk btw, they only drink 1 glass/portion of liquor a night). my mother has always been clear that she rather has me smoking weed than drinking (a lot of) alcohol.
one part of my family, my father's family, is a bit more traditional, so they don't know I smoke/vape weed, they probably wouldn't aprove of it. I heard from my parents they(my father's family) also didn't like it when I decided I was an atheist(they are christian, and I was raised christian), but they never showed any of that to me.

to me the meaning of family is people who will always fully support you, you can't choose your family but that contributes to the closeness/deepness of the bond. so I count on all my family being supportive. (although also in my family there can be trouble, I never experienced it firsthand but for example at this moment there is a courtcase going on between some of my familymembers about the division of an inheritance)

GenYHippie

My parents are much the same. The only time ive ever seen my mom somewhat drunk was because she wasn't used to good tequila in her margarita and it snuck up on her. We like to tease her about it with a little song we made up. She is rather boring drunk as she falls asleep pretty quickly lol.

I have the religious debate with family too part roman catholic part Christians and me well I subscribe to more of the good karma theory. Put out good eventually you will get it back . Sorry to hear about the elgal debate hope they can settle it amicably

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
My mom is fine with it, talks to me about stuff sometimes, my dad hardly mentions it. She's examined my weed out of curiosity before, commented on the smell, told me to put everything away and open the window when I was done... and made a huge breakfast after :D I keep it on the down-low when I first meet people, it's not something that needs to be advertised IMO.

GenYHippie

My mom is fine with it, talks to me about stuff sometimes, my dad hardly mentions it. She's examined my weed out of curiosity before, commented on the smell, told me to put everything away and open the window when I was done... and made a huge breakfast after :D I keep it on the down-low when I first meet people, it's not something that needs to be advertised IMO.

Hahah your mom sounds like my aunt. She was the one who gave me the final push to get my card so when she came to visit she wanted to see and smell it lol. I lan to keep it pretty private to, granted more of my family knows than I would prefer but my aunts are chatty people it was inevitable but no biggie.

Havent even told my friends who have used MJ, its not something I want floating around out there.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
My parents did a complete 180. I'm pretty sure the only reason is because I have chronic (lol) pain, and all the meds I take wreck my appetite. It's not even the lesser of two evils anymore, just an understanding that it's the reason I'm not on anything stronger and feel okay at where I am right now.

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
I come from a Jamaican background (not to fuel any stereotypes but there is some truth to it :lol:) and many members of my family smoke regularly. My parents have been around it for years and they have no moral objections to medicinal or recreational use. However, they have never even tried it and they simply aren't big marijuana fans on the whole. My father drinks socially and the only drug my mom uses is caffeine.

I was caught smoking a blunt with my older cousin at the tender age of 14 and they were pissed but they grew to accept it over time. I don't bring it around them or vape in front of them out of sheer respect but it is pretty cool to talk about weed, vaporization, and legalization with them every now and then.

My significant other and I are going through a bit of rough patch. We have been together for 6.5 years but are on a hold due to some MAJOR issues that she needs to work on internally. She would smoke blunt after blunt with me in the good old days and she was the first person I vaped with. She partakes very rarely now but she fully accepts the fact I like to get super high 3 days out of the week.

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Intellectually I supported MMJ for many years, but I never used, and only knew a couple of people that were card-holders. I had a lot of misconceptions, myself.

When my husband reached the end of what "modern medicine" could do for him (ruptured L4-L5 disk), his doctor suggested that he seek out alternative pain relief. He did some research, and found a clinic for his recommendation. I went along, and listened, asked questions, and then launched into my own research. One week later, I was back to get my own MMJ card.

He and I support each other. Our pain is different, our needs are different, and even our preferred strains are different! However, we both love our vaporizers.

We (actually his) have one son that needs to get his recommendation. I have a daughter that I'd like to introduce MJ to, as she is as tightly wound as I used to be (and, metabolic syndrome is gonna bring her down hard). All our kids are grown, so interacting with them, as adults, and discussing our medication changes, is less awkward than one might think.

I have an added advantage of a couple of supportive co-workers. As an example, I called in sick to work, week before last, and my supervisor said, "can't you like, breathe some vapors or something, and feel well enough to make it to work?" Yeah, no. Sorry, it does not actually cure the common cold. No, I'm not stoned at work, I have a very fast-paced, highly technical job, and I have to be on my game. I can use a little, once or twice, to keep me sharp, and to slightly dull the pain, but that's part of the learning process.

Part of the supportive relationship includes monitoring other things, too. Like activity, exercise/therapy sessions, and nutrition. Hubby and I check in with each other on these. :)

Top Bottom