Supplements

Longbones

I've heard that omega-3 is important for keeping your cannabinoid receptors healthy. What other supplements will help improve your high?

Thanks all. Looking for natural, healthy options here.

Longbones,
dont count on a mega difference but yes,

for example: while taking fish oil pills with omega-3 fatty acid ive noticed increased energy levels, and more clear headiness the day of and day after i smoke. you can most certainly think easier if that makes sense, you wont feel ' shot '. the reason you feel good though i think is because omega 3 decreases anxiety and ups your mood. also it provides lubrication to your joints, health benefits to the heart, and cardio health benefits too.

so while the difference isnt something super like you would see in a movie, there is a noticable difference and there is no reason to not consume fish oil and reap the benefits if its only making you feel healthier and feel good whilst being sober and not sober.

go to your local cvs or walgreens, pick up nature bounty fish oil. take from 1-6 capsules a day is average. its been proven that high amounts are not bad for you at all, but rather good or the same. it really depends on you. and you will learn this.

itchmynipple,

Longbones

Yeah, I have a bottle of good omega-3 pills. Like 3:2 ratio of omega-3 to omega-6 I guess? Got them from TJ's.

Thanks for the personal input :) Any other supplements that people think are good?

Longbones,

SD_haze

I used to take fish oil...but stopped as I was getting sick of fishy burps.

And in fact, my nutrition professor in lecture yesterday really drove the point that omega fatty acids are NONessential in that our body will produce exactly how much it needs and therefore does not need supplementation.

So if we aren't getting enough, the body responds by increasing absorption of it to maintain homeostasis.

So take from that what you will.
Just remember its always healthier and more effective to get nutrients from whole food sources and not pill supplements.

SD_haze,

lepstadder

take liquide fish oil, more soluble, and you can get it flavored@!!!!

also look into taking mushroom extracts like hericium

lepstadder,

sublimationpurist

formerly stephenking

And in fact, my nutrition professor in lecture yesterday really drove the point that omega fatty acids are NONessential in that our body will produce exactly how much it needs and therefore does not need supplementation.
That's partially true, but quite misleading.
Omega-3 fats including DHA and EPA are preferentially selected by the human body to form the critical cellular membrane boundary separating the cell nucleus and DNA with the surrounding extracellular environment. The precise fatty acid composition of the membrane determines permeability properties for the passage of essential materials such as oxygen, micronutrients and glucose required for proper cell function.
Low circulating omega-3 fatty acids lead to accelerated brain aging and dementia http://www.naturalnews.com/035263_omega-3s_dementia_aging.html
If you don't consume Omega 3's, your brain uses the wrong kind of fat, which is now linked to accelerated brain aging and dementia. Plus it helps keep your tolerance to cannabis low. The SAD (Standard American Diet) includes 0 omega-3 and an extreme excess of omega-6. This has health implications that I could go on and on about.

Just remember its always healthier and more effective to get nutrients from whole food sources and not pill supplements.
I completely agree. I take 1-2TBS of ground flax or chia seed daily, this provides all the omega-3 you need for a day. I don't care to dig up all the research now, but there's something unhealthy in fish oil, plus Fukushima radiation. For these reasons I believe plant sources are superior to animal for omega-3.

sublimationpurist,

mephisto

Hemp oil is another plant source for omega 3's and 6's. No fishy burps either...
Manitoba Harvest is the brand I have found. Also, coconut oil is a great source of
omegas. It can be taken w/ just about any food. I eat mine straight from the jar.
A couple tablespoons is a daily dose. Cordyceps and reishi mushrooms are good
as well for overall cognitive function.

mephisto,

vorrange

Vapor.wise

So if we aren't getting enough, the body responds by increasing absorption of it to maintain homeostasis.

So take from that what you will.

That might be true but there is an important part that is supplemented in food rich in omega 3, think salmon and seafood in general. Nowadays, with all the bad meat and eggs, and a bad choice of cooking fats, people tend to have a much higher intake of omega 6 when it should be a 1:1 ratio.

So, i think your professor is right if we had food from good sources. Given the state of the agriculture worldwide, and of the health consensus regarding nutrition.. i would supplement with omega 3s more often than not.

And don't forget your tuna, shrimp and salmon. If you are a vegan or a vegetarian, then make it a priority to supplement omega 3.

vorrange,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
+1 for the Astaxanthin. I use Neptune Krill Oil (NKO) right now, lots of Astaxanthin. It makes a dent in my arthritis, about as much as an NSAID does. A nice tool to have in the box. I have been looking at some of these new Salmon oil extracts, I hear good things about them but don't know a lot yet. Click the pic for more info on NOW Foods NKO.

t-dub,

Nycdeisel

You can also get just an astaxanthin supplement by itself, which is MUCH more potent and has much much more then krill oil, though krill oil is another really great supplement too!

a lot of salmon will contain dangerous chemicals and heavy metals(this is true of many fish nowadays as we know) and those fish oils just seem inferior to a quality krill oil , imho. However I have not extensively researched salmon oil myself so I can not say much about it.

I know that NOW foods brand, currently I am just using some of their essential oils for aromatherapy ;)

Nycdeisel,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Yeah I like the NOW Foods stuff for quality/price. I use their non gmo lecithin granules when I make hash caps :) Looks like the Krill oil is superior to salmon upon further study, even Dr. Oz did a video blurb on how krill oil was better than fish oil. Going to look into the pure astaxanthin though, sounds interesting, thanks Nyc!

t-dub,

Nycdeisel

No problem! Thanks for your posts I quite enjoy seeing you and your comments around the site! :)

Oh thats cool about the lecithin since I always avoid it in foods because thats the crappy cheap stuff but I did not know they make lecithin thats good quality(no GMO's) thanks for that! I might just consider using it in edibles now since previously i was very against it but i really just didnt know of a good source for a quality kind.

HAH if Dr oz says it then it must be pretty widespread! for real though its becoming the general consensus- krill oil over fish oil.
Dr oz though. take what he says with a grain of salt(im sure you know this though!) he pushes a lot of big pharma products and even tells everyone to get vaccinated BUT he admits he does not vaccinate his own children. so he knows whats up deep down but he does certain things to keep his television spot.

Oh yes, I was just watching Dr Mercola as a guest speaker on Dr Ozs show, very cool stuff. They are on like total opposite sides almost yet he likes when he comes on BECAUSE of all of the controversy!
if you google mercola on dr oz you can find all the clips(usually separated by ads for Allegra....)

Nycdeisel,
Top Bottom