Super Surfer Vaporizer

Breathemetal

Wait a second..........I started this thread with the specific intent to question the use of LED's which to me seems a bit gimmicky, especially from a company like 7th Floor. Are you suggesting that I leave my own thread simply because I don't like a specific feature of a yet to be released vaporizer which is kinda the reason I started this thread in the first place?

Hey, I gotta suggestion. If you really don't want to hear about opinionated negatives on a new vape, than maybe it is you that should either persue another thread or start your own thread stating that it should only contain positive opinions about the vaporizer in question.

Cranky cranky....
I "apologize" if i upset you which o obviously did according to your lengthy "rebuttal".

Moving on now from that....

I wonder where the fan is going to be?

Breathemetal,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Are you suggesting that I leave my own thread...

Just so everyone is clear, starting a thread does not equate to ownership, or any other special privileges. FC owns it.

Cranky cranky....
I "apologize" if i upset you which o obviously did according to your lengthy "rebuttal".

Moving on now from that....

I wonder where the fan is going to be?

Before you move on, your "apology" (your quotes) does not excuse you from our Be Nice rule. If you want to exchange sarcastic remarks, take it to PMs.

lwien

Just so everyone is clear, starting a thread does not equate to ownership, or any other special privileges. FC owns it.

Ya, I know. In retrospect, I should have said, "Are you suggesting that I leave the thread that I started....".
Didn't mean to intimate that I owned it. My bad.............

lwien,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I don't understand the hate. We all love the DBV and SSV. This is a SSV with some more bells and whistles. They aren't making the other options go away.

Flashy lights not for you, then grab the trusty SSV. Even more barebones go DBV. I always like options.

As far as why not use the other bag vapes out well there are things I dislike about them all.

Volcano: bags only, pricey, LOUD, bud hog.
Herbalaire: I didn't hate it at all, but bags only IMO since the whip experience was always poor for me. Not crazy about the materials even though everyone says its safe. Just never felt great to me.
Herbalizer: Really want it, really can't afford it.
Extreme: I'll never own anything from arizer ever again in my life even for free + melting heater support and general material/design fundemental issues with arizer. Their stuff is not for me.

DBV was one of the most reliable vapes I've owned. If this lets me customize the experience I'd be interested, assuming that both the whip AND bag modes were enjoyable to me. If there is a loud pump like the cano I'd no longer be interested etc etc.

But I'm really into custom things be it computers, cars, and now vapes when possible. I can't say "omg I'll definitely buy it" but I'm definitely interested. Add some features to old faithful and let us customize the hell out of it...you've got my interest. Lets see how the price and function are when its ready.

exit

@darkrom I hear you re: Arizer however while I would never touch a EQ and convinced it sucks, the solo is one of the finest vapes ever IMO, but this is the SSSV thread ;)

I'm hoping it ends up being a SSV on steroids, I will never use the function but anything that makes it easier to use with glass might be very welchome.

lwien

I don't understand the hate. We all love the DBV and SSV. This is a SSV with some more bells and whistles. They aren't making the other options go away.

For the record. I'm not hating on the new SSV. I'm as curious and anxiously awaiting what the new one has in store as the rest of you guys. LOVE to see some new innovation ans improvements from 7th Floor.
But the use of LED's to glitz up a vape just seems a bit gimmicky to me, especially from a company like 7th Floor. But other than that, I'm really looking forward to any added functions and/or improvements to what is already a great vaporizer.

Breathemetal

I think the LEDS are a fun idea.
It can still look classy. Shit, look at the VB2! The use of lighting on that beast really makes it stand out.

Plus, lights are trippy :)

Breathemetal,

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
As this thread is about lights...lets break this video down a bit. In the video...there was light projected on to the vape. That light did not come from the SSV or we would see the LED? As it is shown, you can see no LED.

Possible LED scenarios (excluding the second shooter from the grassy knoll):

A) An articulated arm that reaches out and away from the vape, then shines colorful light back on to it(this is actually BEST case scenario...if you are thinking the vape will look like this in your home. Or...

B) the LED is mounted directly to the vape (most likely) in which case it could only shine outward. Right? Who would want that?

C) The interior of the vape is illuminated; meaning the area where the HC normally resides would be lit. Okay fine.

D) Running lights. My hope is that this isn't the case. I think another vape is already doing this.

I am tying to think of any other scenario the LED could reside in. If A-D are my options, I will choose E - None of the above.

In any case, and as this thread is dealing with the LED's...it seems a bit dishonest to market that LED's, and then in the video use colorful light that is clearly not coming from anything remotely connected to the SSSV. And to flog a horse that if not yet dead, is in mortal danger of expiring, ... all of this extra stuff only brings it up to equal feature footing with other vapes.

Anyone ever use and LED of any color in a room with the lights on? Meh. So in order to even get the benefit here, which is highly debatable, you have to turn the lights off.

You know what needed to be improved on the SSV? Nothing. Well...okay ...Knobs that don't break, switches that don't fail, screens that prevent blowback fires. It seems like every feature they added...will fail. All electronics do.

Eventually.

What we could be discussing is the "precise temperature control' that comes from a knob with no indicators or temp readout. No matter the precision that a knob brings, at no point would you ever know what the temps are. How is that precise?

MikeInMiami

I sure wish someone from 7th Floor would come to FC and shed some light on the details, the wait is slowly killing me ;(

*plainlazy*

nothing new/more about this vape? last post on here was sept. I would love to see a proper vid showing this sssv off.

not in the dark with a fog machine etc...
some proper details
- price
- functions (lights on and off for e.g)
- see it actually inflate a bag of vapor
- noise of the pump
- connections like heater covers how the bag connects
- release date
the list goes on

someone must know something lol this could be my vape of 2015

grokit

well-worn member
I would too, but they're probably just going to release a finished product. In-house r&d/testing seems to be the model for more established vape companies, as we have seen in the recent releases from arizer and storz & bickel. It's the newer vape manufacturers that seem to send the early review models out.

Last edited:

photobooth

Yeah I was kind of confused why an established company with 3 successful vaporizers on the market would need to crowd fund to raise money for a slightly upgraded version of the SSV?

photobooth,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

MikeInMiami

Yeah I'm not sure what to think, but after getting the Herbie im content to wait and see what happens. Hopefully it's at least as good as the SSV was/is. If it's cheap I might scoop one up to be a backup desktop unit

Yadavaperizer

I really only want to buy the SSSV because of the bags. I would buy a volcano but i really like the ceramic heating element that the SSV and DBV have, the vapor is more pure than the volcano. I like all the other options that come with the SSSV too. The lights i could care less about. Cant wait for this to come out. Hopefully its the same price as the SSV. Plus whats cool with the variable fan speed is i can determine how dense the vapor being produced can be.

*plainlazy*

ive sent an email to 7th floor to register for the pre order Price. im gonna get one either way but be cool to be part of the first 50. the new pics look wicked lights or no lights.

air pump in the base, sure ive read it has a filter in it for cleaner air bit like the vapir rise.

*plainlazy*,
Reactions: grokit
Top Bottom