1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Super Surfer Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by lwien, Aug 18, 2014.

1. steama

steama slightly stoopid

I use basket screens in all my SSV type vapes. The Super Surfer has the spherical heater-cover and wand so I just remove the stock screen put a basket screen in the wand and it works exactly how I want, smaller loads and bigger hits. I also am finding I get superb vapor production with the Super at lower temps than with my Silvers. Maybe this has something to do with the air coming from the bottom instead of a hole in the heater cover? Either way I feel the Super gives a smoother hit than the Silvers. :2c:

grokit, Melting Pot, ataxian and 3 others like this.
  2. Tweak

Tweak T\/\/34|<

:drool: I overlooked this fact.

Go on, go on. You are making my VAS flair up.

3. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

Lighter work load on the lungs is perceived as smoother I believe, for reason of reduced draw load forced on pulmonary musculature.

Yoosh, DDave, Melting Pot and 7 others like this.
  4. steama

steama slightly stoopid

I never thought of it that way but your explanation is excellent. Not only enlightening to a specific vape and situation, but in a basic way alters the way one considers any vape. This is the kind of information a master vaporist shares. Thank you @Vitolo

DDave, Vitolo, Melting Pot and 2 others like this.
  5. Harmoniousliving

Harmoniousliving Well-Known Member

It's high (:D) time i posted in this thread. Will be ordering my super thanks to the big sale going on. Picked up some oils from 7th floor as well. Love that it comes with a aromatherapy diffuser
    Any tips or tricks ?I'm familiar with the ssv so I know this isn't too different. I'm actually excited to try the bags.
    I had an extra discount code so the total minus the oils just the super is 284!!isn't that as much as a new surfer ?see you all in a few :wave::)

steama, Vitolo and Melting Pot like this.
  6. Harmoniousliving

Do you mind posting a few pictures showing how you stick a basket screen in the spherical wand ? What kind of basket screens are we talkin...arizer eq baskets or ddave ssv baskets or..?
    I'm glad I found this post. I was worried I wouldn't be able to utilize the ddave mod. Ordering later today. Just notied on the website they are upgrading free shipping to 2 day !
    I can already tell this will be the vape I bring over to friends to demonstrate and show them how cool vaporizing is. The lights are just a bonus ;)

steama likes this.
  7. steama

steama slightly stoopid

I have pretty much quit with the baskets. I have found I can get any type of draw I want with the stock set-up, but the baskets do change things.

For a basket screen I just dome a 1 inch stainless steel screen and place it in the spherical wand just below the edge. This moves everything closer to the element so it packs a punch. You may need to adjust the heat down a bit.

This will help you get started: Super Surfer Manual

If you have any questions I would be happy to help out. :nod:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
    Harmoniousliving and KidFated. like this.
  8. Tweak

Tweak T\/\/34|<

IMO they all perform similar. The finer the mesh, the cleaner your wand stays of dust/debris. I prefer my baskets w/o a metal ring so they are adjustable up and down the wand.

A basket screen won't be as effective on the spherical, as the gap between the load the heating element isn't shortened as much as in the GG and standard.

My first venture with the SSV was with the SGG. IDK if it's just glass variance, but it has the widest chamber of all my 7th Floor wands, which gives you great flavor.

grokit, Harmoniousliving and steama like this.
  9. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

Have you tried Vapir NO2 Baskets?
    They open into a flat shape if you wish, and have a great flange to fit well.
    [​IMG]

See how easily they can be manipulated.....
    Click to play YouTube Video

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
    IAmKrazy2, ataxian, KidFated. and 2 others like this.
  10. Tweak

Tweak T\/\/34|<

Those look perfect Vitolo. :nod: Looks like a real fine mesh.

Double them up to keep your wand/tube extra clean.

Vitolo and steama like this.
  11. DDave

DDave Vape Wizard Accessory Maker

Absolutely agreed!

A few tips in this thread may help as well:
    http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/restrictive-draw-throat-lung-irritation.16874/

ataxian, Vitolo and steama like this.
  12. Harmoniousliving

Super has shipped......they better give me a good HC!!

steama likes this.
  13. steama

steama slightly stoopid

Congrats!

The Super's HC is completely different. It has no holes because the Super draws it's air from the bottom. All you need to do is make sure the HC is fully seated on the ground glass joint and that your element is properly aligned. I read of your struggles with the SSV HC and I can put you at ease that you will not have any of these issues with the Super.

ataxian, grokit and Harmoniousliving like this.
  14. Harmoniousliving

Thanks steama :)
    Your the only other person I know on here that has a super !
    I can swap heater covers out right ?I know the super works best with spherical. However I bought this @DDave ssv mod kit and still haven't used it !! Really hoping my current ground glass works on the super. I believe it may since you said the air comes from the bottom. Lol I just want a functioning ssv/sssv ! It'd like a tease having one but not being able to use it properly

DDave and steama like this.
  15. steama

steama slightly stoopid

Currently the spherical is the only type of HC that works with the Super. The Super has a quick change ground glass joint for the HC and is not compatible with the Silver Surfer HCs. The set-up is much nicer than the Silver Surfer's. The Super's spherical HC will scratch any vapor itch you have perfectly. I have found that there is little need to use mods of any type with the Super. I have retired all of my mods with the exception of a domed 1 inch basket screen that I use on rare occasion. Less clutter is a good thing. For me I would say no mods are needed with the Super.

16. DDave

Called 7th Floor. They informed the heater cover on the Super Surfer had a tension bar that held the heater cover in place and would accommodate the 18mm Ground Glass heater cover snugly. :rockon:

jim-bob, scottg402 and steama like this.
  17. Harmoniousliving

Dave.... I'm touched. Some people I know wouldn't go out of their way to make a phone call but a stranger ,past tense on that :), did !
    I feel so much understanding and friendliness on this forum. Thanks guys !

Correct me if I'm wrong...your saying you get the same efficiency with the ddave mod as you do by simply using the super with no mods or extras ?
    Even then...I still want to try this damn mod!dave seems like a super cool guy I feel obligated at this point :razz:

jim-bob, DDave, steama and 1 other person like this.
  18. DDave

:cheers: Glad to help!
    All respect to those involved, but in order to compare two things, one must have both of the things being compared. Testing must be done from the same unit as well, as even vaporizer units made during the same manufacturing runs vary in performance.

^^^^ This is by no means a chop at a very awesome vaporizer! I have no doubt that any 7th floor tower fails to perform.

Harmoniousliving and steama like this.
  19. steama

steama slightly stoopid

I know nothing of @DDave mods. I have never used his gear so I won't say anything either way except for the youtube videos of his shit is simply amazing. I only address my efforts.

When I first came to the SSV I came from the enano camp which gives very large hits from a small amount of material. I adopted several wand configurations like the Vapor Brothers standard wand with basket screens which pretty much made the SSV perform very much like the enano. I ended up with basket screens in all my wands and was using the standard HC with the SSV.

I recently picked up my Super Surfer Vape with the expectation I would still have a need for my mods but after using the Super I have decided mods were really just more clutter --- no more basket screens. From my perspective the Super's spherical HC was able to give great vapor without the mods. If I wanted a hot, fast extraction I just turn the heat up and draw more slowly. If I want a flavor hit I just turn down the heat and adjust my draw speed. The reason the spherical performs differently is in its design. It exposes a large surface area of herb to a lot of direct heat which can give massive thick hits.

Harmoniousliving, grokit and DDave like this.
  20. Harmoniousliving

It's just like the lsv. That WPA and heater cover both are spherical.
    Super is finally almost out for delivery. After going to three different destinations in Georgia :doh:
    Already decided first thing I'm doing is a big bag :D

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
    steama likes this.
  21. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

Looks like I blew it?

22. steama

steama slightly stoopid

Broke out my Silver Surfer to compare how I like the draws side by side to the Super. I gotta tell you that the Super Surfer kicked my good old Silver's ass. The Super in my opinion was surprisingly better. My test may not truly have been fair and may have more to do with the Super is a Spherical set-up and the Silver is standard. Still, big difference in favor of the Super (or is it the spherical set-up that's better?).

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
    grokit likes this.
  23. stickstones

stickstones Vapor concierge

We are still ironing out the wrinkles with a 7th Floor discount for you guys and here's where we are now...

-no more code at checkout.
    -click the link in my sig to get a 10% automatic discount without dealing with me.
    -private message me to put together something that gets you a better deal.

With the Super Surfer currently at $420 on their site, the discount brings this vape to $378!

Thanks and holler at me with any questions!

steama and KidFated. like this.
  24. stickstones

stickstones Vapor concierge

I'm getting my Super Surfer tomorrow...looking forward to it! I'll let you know how it compares to my original.

If you use the link in my sig to access the discount, the price is crazy right now...

[​IMG]

IAmKrazy2, steama and grokit like this.
  25. steama

steama slightly stoopid

So very exciting! That means there will be two of us using Supers. :rockon:

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors