Sublimator

Status
Not open for further replies.

fake name

:shrug:

So you heat up the material through conduction heating before heating through convection heating? I don't think that's sublimation. Nor is it particularly different than a lot of other vapes. You need to have either low the atmospheric pressure to below the substances triple point and that requires a powerful vacuum. So is this really sublimating or is it using normal vaporization? What is the element like?

hey CentiZen,
I don't think it would be sublimation even if it was reduced pressure, because thc and thca are liquid (I believe). So there is no phase shift to pass, it's going from liquid to a gas.

DARRYLJ, I'm not knocking the process, i would love a radical new tech. If you could expand on details, or better yet have the inventor join the conversation, it would be greatly appreciated.

fake name,
Reactions: JCat

DARRYLJ

Ill ask if is willing to join the conversation but it might be a while. I have the inventor travelling vancouver right now promoting his invention. If i can get him to take a couple mins to answer questions i will. Or, if you would like to ask a few questions, ill get the answers and post them all here for you guys

DARRYLJ,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
. . . which explains the marketing and misuse of common scientific terms to sound technical. . . I don't want to sound like I'm just shitting on this for shit's sake - hell, I'd love for this vape to be the next Cloud and succeed and raise the bar for vaping in general. But things just don't line up here, and I find it hard to stand aside and watch a savvy marketer come around and lie to the collective faces of the vaporizing public by pretending that this is some new ground shaking technology that merits such ridiculous prices. We have been given exactly zero proof of these massive claims, and I don't think we ever will see it.
So you heat up the material through conduction heating before heating through convection heating? I don't think that's sublimation. Nor is it particularly different than a lot of other vapes. You need to have either low the atmospheric pressure to below the substances triple point and that requires a powerful vacuum. So is this really sublimating or is it using normal vaporization? What is the element like? Please forgive my skepticism. I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm just genuinely confused as to how this could be possible because right now I count like... two... three broken laws of physics. As well I'm a little scared by the idea of a vape that the Cloud cannot even be compared to. I don't think I'd even be able to take half a hit off it before falling asleep.
These are excellent thoughts that mirror mine. I don't think we will ever see it either. This so called wholesale "expert" may be a vape wholesaler but they obviously do not have a technical backround, and when trying to sell on that basis, you have to be more knowledgeable (or at least on par) with the person you are trying to close the deal with. I have seen sales campaigns like this before . . . :disgust:

snake_oil_ad_by_emptysamurai-d4sm7bi.png

darkrom

Great Scott!
The price point is jarring to say the least.

Last time I felt that way was with my beloved cloud...and here I am enjoying it.

I will say this guys, hate all you want, either this is some fancy new KICKASS tech, or their price will put them out of business. For that price they need to bring something new to the game, as they claim they are.

I for one want to see it succeed somehow and revolutionize shit. If not then so be it, but lets give it a chance since it is clearly not in the "budget crap" category.

something

It's nearly offensive what wet rags some people can be in the face of blatant connery.

"I want to belieeeeeve..... I want to beeeeeeeeeeeliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeve!!"

Let's arrest all reason, ignore all evidence, so painfully obvious, to be painfully oblivious, and allow you your fairy tale, while this thing electrocutes people and robs them blind. At least then we're fair .... balanced..... objective? Because tolerant to a fault is .. objective and .... reasonable?

I mean we know it burns.....yes, it's just as likely to be smoke you're looking at. What do you expect with a remote heat source that's unregulated because they've yet to design the temperature controlling "computer" (that they already know the price of??) ?? Come on now. Are ya that thirsty for discussion? Whew! Get a teddy bear!

He's told us they've spent years perfecting this very simple thing that they still can't speak of at all intelligently, yet that doesn't stop them trying to at least pretend to.

They're still working very hard to ensure that what they've been telling you is true? So mostly they've just been telling you? lol It's okay that they don't know, these experts who've worked so hard, because they have a team who do ..a team to ensure that one day science catches up with their reasons.

I mean come on, he could not tell you any more plainly what he's full of, and I suspect some would still be saying "but it might taste good"..... maybe they're in the MSG business?

For those so willing to "take one for the team".... by all means, go ahead and order one. Or did you mean you'd accept a free sample? Because I think they are taking orders.

For $1200 I want more than a fairy tale and a reach around. For $12 I want more than a fairy tale if I'm expecting a vaporizer. I don't want some piece of junk that blows smoke up both my ends, or sparks.

If the salesman du jour who backs this thing is such a big deal in industry, like he said he is, maybe he'd also like to divulge the name of his very large company, and really back it, rather than bank off the false authority of that aspect of this fairy tale.

If you believe in your own fairy tale, what are you hiding from? Is there really an investor, that's not your mom? Is there really a Darryll? Am I being too hostile or is truth not for sale around here? Is that not a good commercial atmosphere?

Humoring this any further becomes a travesty. Potential with a real human cost.

I mean there are vaporizers that can burn as we all know, and whether or not they mostly do becomes a matter of skilled use and learned technique.... so long as consumers understand these basic truths they are empowered to make an informed choice and their money is honestly spent/won.

But this? I want to believe in a "jobless recovery" too buddy but it doesn't put any food on my table, know what I mean?

So do we really need to keep beating this con job into submission.... must we see the blood? Or can this pathetic joke be shut down, and get back to discussing the bad vaporizers that are massively overpriced, but at least operate within this physical realm?

I mean con tried explaining the sublimation process by starting with the vapor. /nice vape bro

If you really want to see this thread continue, you must also be the sort that enjoys car accidents.

TheHerbalReview

@TheHerbalReview
It's nearly offensive what wet rags some people can be in the face of blatant connery.

Although I agree, I am going to have to see some answers to all of these questions, and an explanation for the steep price point, I don't think anyone is going to legitimately consider your rant due to the fact you currently have made an account to make ONE post, bashing an upcoming vape/company.

You sir, are a hater; and I'm really hoping this company can prove you wrong.

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
i'm not a physicist so maybe i'm off base on this... if it is sublimating does that mean the herb does not get brown, but stays green? (it i'm getting my endo- and exo- right)

dorkus_molorkus

I have no idea how to respond to this thread. Some of the attitudes expressed here make me a bit sad to be honest.

I understand questioning the science angle. Thats what happens here, i get it.

but words like scam, con, etc. wow guys thats fucking harsh.
How about some of the vitriol to take a back seat, and some optimism to get in and drive for a bit.

Maybe, just maybe, its a cool new vape and we get to converse with someone associated with it.
We have an opportunity to ask questions and possibly get them answered. Which is a hell of a lot better than the FAQ's on a webpage.

So lets give a brother a chance. I am interested in what he has to say, regardless.
Because if all the info available is disrespectful rubbish, well shit guys.
I can read that on GC, RIU, etc.

Fuck the science hype, but give me an awesome vape anyday.

Besides science has a lot to answer for. check it.

this post is not directed at any one member or post.

In summing up, it was the vibe man.

explained here............

BUT WHERE'S MY HOVERBOARD?

Luther Stickell

Here's what I would like to know:

1) Several portions of them website mention 'atomizers'. From Wikipedia, 'An atomizer or atomization may refer to : The making of an aerosol, which is a colloid suspension of fine solid particles or liquid particles in a gas.'

If it's a colloid, then it's not sublimation (unless someone can correct me here), you haven't changed the active ingredients from a solid to gaseous state, you've just moved them into a gaseous heterogenous mixture.

2) Regarding 'vapor' and 'gas' :

'A vapor is a substance in a gas phase at a lower temperature than it's critical point.'

A gas is, quite simply, one of the four fundamental states of matter.

Darryl states that:

'Yes. Because we are condensing and instantly expanding the vapor as well as raising the internal temperature of the product before pushing the air through it, we are achieving sublimation.'

When you condense something, it's a phase change from gas to liquid. So you can't be condensing and then expanding the vapor, because if you condense it first it turns back into liquid droplets, so there's no vapor to expand.

I assume there is some kind of 'pre-air' heating system then? That makes more sense, a way to pre-heat the herb before moving air across it.

However, sublimation is a direct phase change from solid to gasa so I don't think you've satisfied the criteria for that claim just yet.

'The Sublimator works by instantly seperating the molecule from the herb and running it through the bowl at a high velocity where it contracts and then instantly expands again into a gas'

When you say separating the molecule from the herb, do you mean the phase change directly to a gaseous state? Otherwise if you 'separate' a molecule and leave something behind, it isn't the same molecule anymore. If you mean separate the trichromes from the rest of the plant by a phase change, then yeah, that makes sense.

So, assuming we have the material in a gaseous state now, you're running it through the bowl presumably through a narrower opening, and according to the Venturi effect the speed should increase, but both the cross sectional area of traversal and static pressure will decrease. 'expands again into a gas' seems to imply it was somehow compressed to a different phase (liquid in this case) and then re-expanded. Even if that were the case, one could argue the final product has not undergone true sublimation since it was condensed and then vaporized.

'Because its a gas that is being inhaled, it is a lot easier absorbed into the body and because of this it last longer and cleaner !'

This doesn't really strike me as unique to your product, pretty much everything aside from edibles are consumed via inhalation.

Luther Stickell,
Reactions: t-dub

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Well I'm glad you all thought it was humorous. I didn't understand a word he said. :(
Stu . . . that was me, and I sold you your last car, remember? :uhh: btw . . . hows she runnin'? Did that weird smell, and associated stain, ever come out of the upholstery? The heel marks on the ceiling are permanent I'm afraid . . .

t-dub,
Reactions: Stu

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Stu . . . that was me, and I sold you your last car, remember? :uhh: btw . . . hows she runnin'? Did that weird smell, and associated stain, ever come out of the upholstery?
You know that fuckin' with a stoned guy is a misdemeanor in 26 states and Puerto Rico, right?

And no... the stain never came out. The smell I got used to.

:peace:

luchiano

The Vapexhale does not even compare to this. That vape works on a process of drawing hot air directly through the product and into your lungs. The Sublimator works by instantly seperating the molecule from the herb and running it through the bowl at a high velocity where it contracts and then instantly expands again into a gas. This gas coats your lungs and absorbs into your body very very easily giving a much better flavor as well we longevity !

Why do people say a vaporizer that can be at any temperature being that you have no idea what temperature you're using, always say that it's better then a vaporizer that gives you a good idea what temperature you're dealing with?. If the temperature is real high, of course it will be better than the other vaporizers where people tend to vape no higher then 410f due to quicker thc extraction. For all you know you can be vaping at 420f-430f, but you think it's way lower, and then tell others your vape is the best.

The fact that the vapor gets released fast with the sublimator, but the inhale is long with a continuous stream of vapor, tells me the heater is real hot, and the firm inhale cools the temperature down. This condenses the vapor, as well as add a shit load of air, which gives a lot of flavor, not necessarily a lot of thc release. This is why the vapor isn't finished fast. Like I stated earlier, they are experiencing an adrenaline rush from the low oxygen, high air which dry out the lungs, and are thinking it's more potent. Even though they are taking in a lot of air, the oils absorb a lot of that oxygen, and the air dries out the lungs making it harder to absorb oxygen, so the lungs think the oxygen in the environment is low so the body reacts a certain way.

What is getting them is how much little herb they are using, but you can do this with most vaporizers, especially the ones that don't require a firm inhale to keep an equilibrium, and get a better effect due to having very little air dilute the vapor. It just won't make you cough, and give a big cloud, if it gives one at all.

What needs to be done, is people need to learn how to inhale with vaporizers, load a bowl correctly, how much water to use if they use bongs, and what are good temperatures to use for whatever you are looking to extract. A slow, steady inhale is the best for a concentrated extraction. Even with smoking this is true, but it's harder to know when you're done, and to be accurate due to not being able to control the heat. That is what makes a vaporizer so special, YOU CAN CONTROL THE HEAT. This is such a big change to the smoking world, I think they don't see how big it is because they are still stuck in the old ways of doing things, but if they can just study vaporizing for what it is, their world will change. Once people realize this, the way a lot of people see vaporizers will change, and their use of it will change. Until then we will have so many people trying to use vaporizers like smoking devices, and not get the fullest potential they can get from it, that the wonders I speak about vaporizing, is only just words.

Off topic, but this is an article on scientist finding dry lungs being the cause of a few lung problems:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/04/080407101837.htm
Asthma And Smoker's Lung: Dry Airways Play A Key Role
"Dry airways lead to allergic inflammation, chronic bronchitis and emphysema
The research team from Heidelberg and the US has now for the first time studied the spontaneous course of lung disease caused by dehydration of airway surfaces in mice from birth to adulthood. “We found changes that are not only typical for cystic fibrosis, but also for other chronic obstructive lung diseases such as asthma, chronic bronchitis, and emphysema,” re-ports Dr. Mall, head of the Heidelberg Cystic Fibrosis Center and also head of a research program funded by a Marie Curie Excellence Grant from the European Union. "
"

something

No flaming. Please do not post any messages that harass, insult, belittle, threaten or flame another member.
Message Count:
Although I agree, I am going to have to see some answers to all of these questions, and an explanation for the steep price point, I don't think anyone is going to legitimately consider your rant due to the fact you currently have made an account to make ONE post, bashing an upcoming vape/company.

You sir, are a hater; and I'm really hoping this company can prove you wrong.

Well since a high post count is what constitutes as authority in your mind, then we can discard your desires for unicorns by your same logic.

There is plenty of evidence to portray this thing for what it is already. You admit just now to not wanting to see it, yet expect to be taken seriously? Your demands for answers lacks sincerity when they're obvious already and betrays a desire for fairy tales.

I'm a "hater" in the same respect that you scolded your parents for forcing you to turn off the cartoons and go to bed. Although, by the nature of your reply, I suspect that never once happened. I guess marginalizing the truth by calling me a hater doesn't make you a hypocrite either, message count 30.

We done?

something,

something

I have no idea how to respond to this thread. Some of the attitudes expressed here make me a bit sad to be honest.

I understand questioning the science angle. Thats what happens here, i get it.

but words like scam, con, etc. wow guys thats fucking harsh.
How about some of the vitriol to take a back seat, and some optimism to get in and drive for a bit.

Maybe, just maybe, its a cool new vape and we get to converse with someone associated with it.
We have an opportunity to ask questions and possibly get them answered. Which is a hell of a lot better than the FAQ's on a webpage.

So lets give a brother a chance. I am interested in what he has to say, regardless.
Because if all the info available is disrespectful rubbish, well shit guys.
I can read that on GC, RIU, etc.

Fuck the science hype, but give me an awesome vape anyday.

Besides science has a lot to answer for. check it.

this post is not directed at any one member or post.

In summing up, it was the vibe man.

explained here............

BUT WHERE'S MY HOVERBOARD?

Posts like yours are simply poison and lower the bar to the absurd. How about some "optimism"??? What, do you ask your rapist if he thinks there's a chance he'll love you later?

something,

dorkus_molorkus

Posts like yours are simply poison and lower the bar to the absurd. How about some "optimism"??? What, do you ask your rapist if he thinks there's a chance he'll love you later?

DO NOT LET THE DOOR HIT YOU IN THE FUCKING ASS ON THE WAY OUT.
Pls return to grasscity, you have to be an adult to post here.
or better yet, get off your mums computer and go to bed.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
You, sir have obviously not met Dorkus. The obsurd is his bar.
And we don't talke about "the R word" around Dorkus. He has a more traditional take on the subject.... circa 1600, IIRC. But I digress...

:peace:

edit: I see the Dorkster has already shown you the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom