1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Sublimator XLR

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by PlanetVape, Feb 13, 2014.

1. RandomHero

RandomHero Currently Sublimated

That better be a huge battery pack, seeing as it really takes a half hour to get going. That would be pretty awesome though as long as it wasn't more than 100 bucks or so.

2. grokit

grokit well-worn member

[​IMG]
    3-pin xlr!

MileHighLife and NinjaMindTriks like this.
  3. PlanetVape

PlanetVape Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself Retailer

Sublimator XLR 2.0 Party
    Wednesday February 26, 2014.......8pm-10pm

[​IMG]

We get a lot of requests to be able to try out the Sublimator. Here is your chance, try out the new Sublimator XLR 2.0 Apollo, DabMaster, E-Nail and the new V4 E-Nail. Also in attendance will be Enrico, King from the vaporreviewblog.com and some special FC members. See and try out the new Sublimator Medical FatBoy and Titanium models of the Apollo and DabMaster.

BYOM (Bring Your Own Medicine) and let Enrico himself get you Sublimated. Vape On The Lake is fully accessible, lots of transit and parking, big screens and lots of munchies of course.
    Located at:
    2985 Lake Shore Boulevard West
    Etobicoke, ON M8V 1J5
    (647) 349-0214
    vapeonthelake.com

PV

Rover, chimpybits, King and 6 others like this.
  4. CG420

CG420 Visionary Vaporist

Does anyone know that the new dabmaster kit has a power supply included? I want to know if this is a standalone battery pack. I didn't realize the Sub 2.0 had a power supply in the works.

5. CentiZen

CentiZen Evil Genius in Training Accessory Maker

Had a chance to meet the man himself last night - what a character! He was a blast to hang out with. And these new Sublimators are really cool! The new control box and heat cage solve the only issues I've ever had with my Sublimator. Enrico may not post here much, but believe me he is watching and reading and listening to everyone.

6. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v4.0a (unstable) Staff Member

I think you might be the new Sub XLR video star.

King and poonman like this.
  7. poonman

poonman Well-Known Member

+ 1 , had a good time .
    It was really nice matching a face to the other FC members
    that I've enjoyed corresponding/sharing with these past years .
    Got to meet the wonderful folks behind Planetvape , and have
    gained better reassurance with the fine people I do biz. with .
    Enrico was ..well , Enrico ...hehe

The Sub V2 has improved with the upgrades already mentioned .
    It was the 1st time , I tried it with water gear . Wow ...
    Even tho , Enrico's was generous with his share the dab .
    I had to only limit myself to cannabis hits . Mainly because that's what I usually get .

I love the fact that I can take 1 or 2 hits , and have it last
    an hour . I find myself ' Chain Vaping ' with my Solo on my
    leisure times . There's no way , I can chain vape with the
    Sub !

8. CG420

CG420 Visionary Vaporist

What is this chain vaping you speak of? :suspicious:

9. poonman

poonman Well-Known Member

As in ' Chain Smoking '
    Lighting one up after another .
    I just do it with fresh stems .
    I've been known to do that watching TV .

Roger D, CentiZen and CG420 like this.
  10. RandomHero

RandomHero Currently Sublimated

I might have missed this in the last thread but how are you all cleaning your devices?

I tried to do it like I do my pax, q-tips, pipe cleaners and iso but it wasn't easy. All the cotton shit from the q tips kept getting stuck to the sides of the atomizer, no matter how much alcohol I used. Can I just soak my atomizer in iso? Is there anything wrong with that?

Also, for the screens, even after a day or two soak in iso, they are still a bitch to scrape clean, I thought about trying to torch it clean but didn't want to ruin it. Anybody done this?

This thing certainly performs the best if I clean it at least once a week. Taste especially starts to diminish after a few days heavy use.

11. derrickmayer

derrickmayer Yum

Everyone should get a long ss pick for constant scrapage .... Keep a close eye on screen (s) and I just boil my atomizer and ss base launcher etc until it's clean ... ISO my glass.

12. DeltaNine

DeltaNine Member

Hi, I have noticed the sublimator is breaking my low profile reducers (to let me use 14mm teflon sublimator in 18mm pipe) when it heats up. Does anyone have any suggestions/solutions to avoid this?
    I thought it would make sense that it heat up separate from glass so it can expand a bit before going in my glass. That's why I originally suggested the stand months ago when I was looking into the sub, although I've found the supplied stand utterly useless (maybe I am using it wrong but it seems terrible..)

13. jambandphan03

jambandphan03 in flavor country

CG420 likes this.
  14. DeltaNine

DeltaNine Member

16$ shipping to Canada lol darn..

But anyways thanks for the feedback.. First one was definitely questionable quality so I wasn't too surprised when it broke, Second one was brand new but made by Gear and they are pretty crappy too I guess.
    I'll try a new one.. in the meantime my Hoss adapter seems to be working good, but its not low profile it adds 2 inches to the height.

15. jambandphan03

jambandphan03 in flavor country

:argh: damn that overpriced cross border shipping, sorry bout that. Hope you find a better one locally.

16. Detonator

Detonator Well-Known Member

not sure about you 14 to 18 adaptor problem I use and 18, but as for the stand I bent mine slightly and I use it two ways....

I like it but like I said I had to fix it slightly from the start, don't remember what I did but it looks like this now.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Monsoon

Monsoon Well-Known Member

Check my post history for cleaning it with PBW. A few 5 minute soaks and some mild scrapping and it's good as new. Soaking in ISO works too but may require more scraping.

I don't think torching it to clean is a good idea, you'll end up carbon in the centre that you can't remove easily.

18. tokeandstagger

tokeandstagger Sublimated

Instead of using a glass reducer, would this work?

Sublimator 18mm Teflon Fitting

19. mind7

mind7 New Member

Hello.

I wonder when it will come out Stainless Steel and Glass kits based launcher??

Thank you.

20. Monsoon

Monsoon Well-Known Member

Some headshops are apparently selling the base but I haven't seen anything online yet.

21. grokit

grokit well-worn member

Did the glass replacement tubes go away?

IIIQBIII likes this.
  22. Dr. Plutonious

Dr. Plutonious Well-Known Member

I saw one at Ignite smokeshop in Downtown Vancouver last night.

23. IIIQBIII

IIIQBIII Vape Obsessed

I was also wondering this.

grokit likes this.
  24. Haricot Vert

Haricot Vert Member

This is my second post RE the XLR. I've had mine for about 2 months.

I have a love hate relationship with the design.

I've already burnt myself enough to leave a scar. No big deal. Pain is a great teacher!

I am still experimenting with the ideal temps for flowers. Right now I am around 29-30Watts. Which is fine if the unit is properly warmed up. I think my temperature search is due to not having the flavors anymore. I have soaked the base unit, screens, and the atomizer in iso overnight with very little change in the non-explosion of flavors. I remember it being more pronounced in the very beginning so its obviously user error. I am going to boil the items and see if there is an improvement. I haven't really seen any stuff that would warrant scraping -as in scraping hard burned-on coating of whatever- anything in the atomizer appears to be that oily runoff that goes away with the iso soak. Yes some of my strains are tastier than others, but there is an overall big decrease in taste. The high is as good, with the hit being cleared with ease. I took the cap/whip off the top of the plastic tube and hit it straight from there. Still dealing with the jagged edges of the tube.

I am looking around for the appropriate glass piece to replace everything but the atomizer and apollo unit. Wish I knew then what I am learning now. Could have put my $$ toward a better all around set-up.
    And I have to guess that Sublimator cringes when they read a buyer of their expensive SLR is taking hits from the jagged plastic tube!
    So is the conventional wisdom that I should get a 90degree downstem style tube, or are people successful with it being at an angle? Any brand recommendations?

My biggest complaint will always be the unit shuts off in 1 short hour. With the unit taking about 15-20 minutes to get up to speed (thats 10 min on max and the remainder of the time bringing the unit to the appropriate wattage/temp). I use a kitchen timer set on 55 min to remind me to turn it back on. A remote control would be the next evolution if you decide to continue making the units with the auto off.

So respectively I say that this is a great concept but the execution has been compromised. There will be competitors that will take the initial good idea and make it better. I will be waiting to see the next generation of vaporizers that Sublimator has inadvertently created.

Peace,
    Haricot Vert

SublimatedJ and Been Vapin like this.
  25. Detonator

Detonator Well-Known Member

for 200$ I'll cut that timer off and solder in a real dimmer switch that will stay on forever.... And I will put a specialized watt meter inline so you will know exactly what to vape you flowers, hash or wax at.... pm me for my address.......

also you pay shipping, hey that is cheaper than converting to an xlr.......

Check the OG Sublimator thread for the real Sublimation 24 / 7 way beyond 1 hour of Vaporization... lol woot

Haricot Vert and Been Vapin like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors