• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Sublimator XLR

creationdivine

I just threw down for a 3.0 :D (no thanks to @Poostuff's post) :lol:

Now that we're at version 3.0, we're not going to label this thread as "discontinued" now too, are we? If anything, I think both sublimator threads should be merged since the unit hasn't changed much since the first version.

On a completely different note, I came across an article this morning about Brad Pitt chillin' and vaping after his divorce with Angelina. I normally won't give a shit about celebrity gossip but I couldn't help but wonder if Brad is ballin' out sublimating and sculpting like a G.

Last edited:

Justpassedu

I just threw down for a 3.0 :D (no thanks to @Poostuff's post) :lol:

Now that we're at version 3.0, we're not going to label this thread as "discontinued" now too, are we? If anything, I think both sublimator threads should be merged since the unit hasn't changed much since the first version.

On a completely different note, I came across an article this morning about Brad Pitt chillin' and vaping after his divorce with Angelina. I normally won't give a shit about celebrity gossip but I couldn't help but wonder if Brad is ballin' out sublimating and sculpting like a G.
Hey just wondering , what are the differences with all the versions as i may be looking to purchase soon and had seen a used one available for a great price but i believe it is the 1st version . Ty

creationdivine

Hey just wondering , what are the differences with all the versions as i may be looking to purchase soon and had seen a used one available for a great price but i believe it is the 1st version . Ty

As far as I can recall:

ver 1. Apollo w/ 30min timer box; brown cord
ver 1.5 Apollo or Ti Nail w/ 30min timer box; black cord
ver 2.0 Apollo, Nail, or Dabmaster w/ 1 hr timer controller + power supply; xlr cable, all available in Titanium
ver 3.0 Redesigned Apollo, Nail, or Dabmaster w/ 3hr timer controller + power supply (unsure which cable this one has)

Also, I'm pretty sure the earlier versions have a metal heating element and the newer ones are ceramic. Can anyone confirm this?

Home_piece

Chronoisseur
I have the Ti Apollo and a SS atomizer

Yeah that's the combo I'm hoping for, for cleaning purposes specifically. My V1 SS atomizer can be made as good as new with some PBW so want the same again...

That said PV has nothing for the new versions in stock and not responding to me emails with an ETA for more, and sublimator.ca must enjoy their product immensely - they cant even get back to me to tell me if it's possible to get that combo; their online shop is either SS or Ti for both heater/atomizer and no ability to change up in the online store.

Home_piece,

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Is there any advantage in mixing different materials of atomizer and heater aside of lower price?

@Stu, regarding the title XLR alone isn't correct anymore. New version is using a mini xlr

Hogni,

Home_piece

Chronoisseur
@Hogni for me it is just about cleaning. I want the ti surface for dabbing but not sure how a Ti atomizer would hold up to years of PBW whereas my SS atomizer has done just that and been fine.

Home_piece,

brucee10

Have no probs with PBW and Ti. Just avoid using PBW on anodized Ti.
And Aluminum. It will leave the anodized layer and eat all the aluminum underneath. My Ti got some plastic melted to it and I screwed up the finish sanding it off so I don't care about PBW on the finish.

brucee10,
Reactions: Hogni

Hogni

Good news from HexNail!

1) Optimizing of compatibilty HN - Sublimator 2.0 XLR is going to the end. HN will deliver an self produced adapter for connecting the heating element with the HN.

2) The next weeks they will do so with the new Sub 2.5/3.0 (whatever) mini XLR. They will deliver a ready assembled cable to connect the heating element of tjhe Sub with the HN.

Just plug'n play the Sub heaters.

3) BTW they will optimize compatibilty of the NewVape Flower Pot the next weeks too.

For me it would worth the wait before buying a new Monkey Controller with Power supply or controller and PS for the NV Flower Pot.

Hope they will do so with the Herb Ti, D-Nail Lotus Flower Adapter and the Errlectric Dry Herb Vape. But I'm pretty sure they will :)

biohacker

OH.....MY.....GOD....... are you SERIOUS??? HN for every single vape I have VAS for that you just listed????

WOOOOOOOAAAAAAAWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the hope bro!!!! This is a game changer if it all comes true...

biohacker,
Reactions: lazylathe

Hogni

Yeah, one controller fits it all and reduces total costs for all these unnessecary expensive controlling equipment.
If you have VAS for ALL devices (you are nutz, bro! :p) you will save A LOT of money by buying just the HN.

And ranking of your planned VAS purchases is cleared:

1) Sublimator (Apollo Ti + Atomizer Ti + cage) ~ $300 (w/15% discount)
2) NV Flower Pot - (Flower Pot+body+handle+tray) ~ $240 (w/o discount)

Rest will come....;)

biohacker

Actually first up is the Herbo Ti :D I can't even imagine how sick it would be with the HN! I'm like 95% flowers 5% extracts, so not too rushed for the oil rig setups.

biohacker,
Reactions: lazylathe

Farmergreg

I got an Apollo recently and I don't combust herb on 9 the first red setting for oil.i keep both pieces together for optimal thermal equilibrium and occasionally torch the atomizer but I feel ishoildnt have to do that.still no combustion.Any tips

Farmergreg,
Reactions: Poostuff

Poostuff

Please delete
I got an Apollo recently and I don't combust herb on 9 the first red setting for oil.i keep both pieces together for optimal thermal equilibrium and occasionally torch the atomizer but I feel ishoildnt have to do that.still no combustion.Any tips
I'm guessing you don't want to combust but you'd like to know how far you can go using flower without combusting?
If you're torching the atomiser to get vapour it sounds like you have an issue.
If you preheat for 40 min the Sub should get so hot that you could vaporise a rock in there.
Is this new or did you buy preowned?
I mostly use 8 for flower but that's dependent on ambient temperature, 7 if it's warm.
No combustion on 7 but on 8 the load can occasionally cherry in the ABV tin.
I can't give any advice other than to maybe check your connections.

Poostuff,
Reactions: biohacker

SoDelicious

Salted Caramel Ice Cream
I have finally received my Apollo heating head after a week of delay!

Weird thing is that when I received my Apollo heating head it had marks on it like someone had used pliers or tools on them.

Of course I sent sublimator support a email with a picture showing this (not even 1 hour after delivery of the product). A customer service support rep gave me a call within 30 minutes and told me that all units are hand assembled and that I should send it back to their warehouse for inspection.

Well, I sent it back and just received the SAME Apollo heating head back in my mail with a note stating that they could not swap me for a new unit because they said the marks were caused by someone using tools on them :hmm:

Well, that bummed me out pretty bad but there was nothing much I can do. What makes it even worse was that about 10 minutes later I fused the damn Apollo head to my atomizer!!!! :doh::doh:

I was using the sublimator e-nail then did a quick switch to the Apollo head. Me not thinking straight, I put the cold heater into a hot atomizer :wave: it wasnt until a split second later I relozed tgat the warranty stated exactly NOT to do this. My heart dropped LOL!

Anyways, I contacted their support and they had said they haven't had anyone have their atomizer + heating head fuse permanately together and that I should call enrico for help.

Before I do this does anyone know a way I can in stock these two? I think I read letting the atomizer head cool down and torch it to expand?

I am just glad that I still have me EVO as a backup, but it's just not the same as the sublimator!!:ugh:

creationdivine

@SoDelicious What you're going to have to do is smack the seam where the heating element and the atomizer meet, preferably on a piece of wood like the edge of a table (one you don't mind potentially denting, I know from experience :lol:). My sub occasionally fuses up seemingly randomly (my heating element is SS and my atomizer is Ti?) and I hit it with a drumstick to get it apart fairly easily. I know the sound of bashing your $500 vape on/with anything probably doesn't sound appealing but I can almost guarantee you that is what Enrico will advise you. I only know this because he said so once in a youtube video I wish I could find for you. Let me us know what you decide to do!

As for the tool marks on the sublimator, I would immediately get back in contact with them and give them the kindest 'wtf is this' possible. There is no excuse for that with a company with their reputation. That should definitely be amended!

I hope your day gets better, dude!

Hogni

Hmmmh, after all I've heard QC isn't just the thing what founded a GOOD reputation of Sublimator.

But indeed @SoDelicious I would try it again to change it at Sub. Do you have a witness for unpacking?

WTF "it can't be happened before sending cause it passed our QC"!?
Known for their really bad QC in the past Sub's QC has meanwhile changed to absolute perfection??
Ridiculous argument!

Hogni,

SoDelicious

Salted Caramel Ice Cream
Thanks everyone for you help! I really do appreciate it :)

I had tried banging the heating element + atomizer but that did not work. However, I was able to get them unstuck by just torching the outside of the atomizer which loosened up my apollo. :rockon:

Anyways, as for returning the apollo. I don't think I am going to do that. I really don't want to wait another 1 - 2 weeks for it to arrive. I live about a 20 minute drive from where they ship out their heating heads, so im not sure why sending it back for a replacements takes about 2x longer then when purchasing a new heating head:shrug:)

Plus, I already used my apollo head! I waited too long for this :rofl: I would like to say though, that it is SOOOOO much better for herbs the the sub e-nail! I'm really glad I made the purchase even after the qc issue.

I knew qc and customer support was going to be a hit or miss purchasing from the sub but I didn't mind. Maybe because this is the best desktop vape I have personally ever used so far (I only had the EVO before this but have been using it for the past 2 days and it just isn't the same for me).

For my next purchase I will get a Herborizer Ti and will run these two head to head to finally get a definite answer on which is better (well to me). I am starting to lean towards the Herborizer Ti due to the heating time (5 minutes if I am correct?). Maybe someone should start a thread comparing the best of the best desktop vapes on the market today :p

Last edited:

Carlos8400

Thanks everyone for you help! I really do appreciate it :)

I had tried banging the heating element + atomizer but that did not work. However, I was able to get them unstuck by just torching the outside of the atomizer which loosened up my apollo. :rockon:

Anyways, as for returning the apollo. I don't think I am going to do that. I really don't want to wait another 1 - 2 weeks for it to arrive. I live about a 20 minute drive from where they ship out their heating heads, so im not sure why sending it back for a replacements takes about 2x longer then when purchasing a new heating head:shrug:) Plus, I already used my apollo head! I waited too long for this :rofl: I would like to say though, that it is SOOOOO much better for herbs the the sub e-nail! I'm really glad I made the purchase even after the qc issue.

anyway, I knew qc and customer support was going to be a hit or miss purchasing from the sub but I didn't mind. Maybe because this is the best desktop vape I have personally ever used so far (I only had the EVO before this but have been using it for the past 2 days and it just isn't the same for me).

For my next purchase I will get a Herborizer Ti and will run these two head to head to finally get a definite answer on which is better (well to me). I am starting to lean towards the Herborizer Ti due to the heating time (5 minutes if I am correct?). Maybe someone should start a thread comparing the best of the best desktop vapes on the market today :p

I would love to see a comparison made between these two vapes. As a big Herborizer Ti fan i can't help but look over to the Sublimator side, wondering how it could be any better than my Ti is!

The fact that the Ti cost less than half the price and is compatible with any glass, is IMO its biggest advantages, the 5 minute heating time (you are correct) and better handling are also a plus.
Lastly, cleaning on the Ti is a breeze, things i have read on the Sublimator made it sound like it needed more upkeep.

Still, i would love to give one a go, see if Sublimating is better than Herborizing!

Top Bottom