• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Sublimator XLR

Tony Timeless

I am really getting interested in this device :)

But unfortunately - safety-concerns due to the hot heater are still persisting and that's the only real reason NOT to buy at the moment . So, maybe someone here can help me out here that would be great!

1. With the heat shield on the Apollo, is it still possible to place it onto the metal-stand which is included? Somewhere I have read that the shield should be used as the stand itself, but wouldn't make this the whole thing much more prone to tip over??

2. Does the atomizer and the heating element always need to be plugged when doing a session with the Sub? Or in other words: When I fill up the (cold) atomizer with herb and then plug the heater onto it - how long do this have to be connected to reach the adjusted temperature? I've read that the atomizer needs to be as hot as the heater and therefore the metal-handle i guess but how long does it take?

3. Any further ideas / recommendations for keeping the Sub plugged but safe? Like @zippy , my cats always seem to give my vaporizers a wide berth, but you never know especially with something so hot.

I am still not sure if I can find an easy solution for keeping the device plugged throughout the day (to not always have to wait 20mins) and having not to worry ;)

And.. some performance questions:
Unfortunately, I have not been able to ever test a Sub so, please excuse my ignorance!

1. how about draw restriction? Am I right, that this will not be a concern for me here? I have liked the draw-behaviour from a Cloud EVo the best so far - I know that it is also depending from the glass I am using but how about the Sub? Does the percolator from my bubbler will free flow when inhaling through this device?

2. Efficiency! I like to micro-dose my cannabis, so is this device 100% suited for amounts like 0,03 ? On the other hand, will I also be able to put let's say 0.3 into the atomizer and therefore get more hits?

3. Temperature range. Sorry, i am sure i could have searched the website for this, anyway: Am I right, that the device is capable of whether low temperatures as well of pretty high? Will it definitely combust on 10 even if I inhale super super fast? Random thoughts here, sorry :)

I think that's it for the moment. I am so sorry for my english , i hope it was not too terrible for you reading all this ;)

cheers!

edit: I've forgot one question, sorry:

4. Can I do any harm to the device when I unplug it with the XLR adapter while its hot? So let's say emergency I quickly have to put away the sub, will it be safe to just unplug on the XLR? Or do I have to - switch off the device, let it cool, etc. ? Thanks :)

Last edited:
Tony Timeless,
Reactions: showman

C-weed

I have a reclaim catcher from Oregon Glass Blower and one from a guy on ebay who does customs. They both let a little oil into the tube between fittings and get fully coated in amber after a while. I'll take photos tonight after I do my water change.
I would love to see this.....

C-weed,

zippy

I am really getting interested in this device :)

But unfortunately - safety-concerns due to the hot heater are still persisting and that's the only real reason NOT to buy at the moment . So, maybe someone here can help me out here that would be great!

1. With the heat shield on the Apollo, is it still possible to place it onto the metal-stand which is included? Somewhere I have read that the shield should be used as the stand itself, but wouldn't make this the whole thing much more prone to tip over??

2. Does the atomizer and the heating element always need to be plugged when doing a session with the Sub? Or in other words: When I fill up the (cold) atomizer with herb and then plug the heater onto it - how long do this have to be connected to reach the adjusted temperature? I've read that the atomizer needs to be as hot as the heater and therefore the metal-handle i guess but how long does it take?

3. Any further ideas / recommendations for keeping the Sub plugged but safe? Like @zippy , my cats always seem to give my vaporizers a wide berth, but you never know especially with something so hot.

I am still not sure if I can find an easy solution for keeping the device plugged throughout the day (to not always have to wait 20mins) and having not to worry ;)

And.. some performance questions:
Unfortunately, I have not been able to ever test a Sub so, please excuse my ignorance!

1. how about draw restriction? Am I right, that this will not be a concern for me here? I have liked the draw-behaviour from a Cloud EVo the best so far - I know that it is also depending from the glass I am using but how about the Sub? Does the percolator from my bubbler will free flow when inhaling through this device?

2. Efficiency! I like to micro-dose my cannabis, so is this device 100% suited for amounts like 0,03 ? On the other hand, will I also be able to put let's say 0.3 into the atomizer and therefore get more hits?

3. Temperature range. Sorry, i am sure i could have searched the website for this, anyway: Am I right, that the device is capable of whether low temperatures as well of pretty high? Will it definitely combust on 10 even if I inhale super super fast? Random thoughts here, sorry :)

I think that's it for the moment. I am so sorry for my english , i hope it was not too terrible for you reading all this ;)

cheers!

edit: I've forgot one question, sorry:

4. Can I do any harm to the device when I unplug it with the XLR adapter while its hot? So let's say emergency I quickly have to put away the sub, will it be safe to just unplug on the XLR? Or do I have to - switch off the device, let it cool, etc. ? Thanks :)

1 I do not have a heat shield on my Dabmaster or Nail Head.. I have never burned myself either, i have when using a normal enail though.

2 The Heater and atomiser need to be together when the sub is switched on, or you not get the thermal equilibrium for it to work and extract properly. Don't put the herb in and wait for it to heat to use. WAIT for it to heat up then use.

3 Just have it somewhere sensible seems to work for me.When i take my first hit and hits after i Double Tap the monkey controller to re-set the timer, it soon becomes part of the routine ...

PERFORMANCE

1 It is a bit restricted to use . I smoked daily for 25 years and can still extract fully using 1 long draw so not an issue for me and my wheezy lungs..

2 The sub seems to work best with around .1 . If you use to much or little it can scorch sometimes. It is very efficient it is a tiny pinch to use to vape...

3 it does have quite a useable range of heat to use. The green zones it does not really combust but it does come out very roasted. The red zone it does seem to scorch more. I do double deckers around 8/9 and it works without combusting , Higher i use for just oils.

4 I have had to take mine apart when hot and have done this. It better to unplug the monkey controller and keep the xlr connected imho..

zippy,

bellas

PlanetVape said they will be shipping out units with the newest Monkey Controller next week. It will only have 3 heat settings instead of the usual. Haven't seen it yet but I do have a XLR 2.0 on pre order for next week when they ship. I haven't read anything online about this so far so I thought I would share. Will post again after.
I have two cats (one blind) and I don't have any concerns about them getting burned. I'm more worried about them breaking glass. Which has happened.. They like to attack the Volcano bags (must be the sound)
I own the EVO, Volcano, LSV, SSV, Da Buddha, Mighty, Daisy, Vapcap and Haze 3. Can do some comparisons if anyone is interested.

brucee10

PlanetVape said they will be shipping out units with the newest Monkey Controller next week. It will only have 3 heat settings instead of the usual. Haven't seen it yet but I do have a XLR 2.0 on pre order for next week when they ship. I haven't read anything online about this so far so I thought I would share. Will post again after.
I have two cats (one blind) and I don't have any concerns about them getting burned. I'm more worried about them breaking glass. Which has happened.. They like to attack the Volcano bags (must be the sound)
I own the EVO, Volcano, LSV, SSV, Da Buddha, Mighty, Daisy, Vapcap and Haze 3. Can do some comparisons if anyone is interested.

I wonder if that's the one with 3 different timers or the one that is with the digital display?

Razor

Thanks. I would put pics of mine up, but I had a recent blow out. Got way too.. sublimated and forgot to
Put the screen back in..... a few times. Now my amber has a layer of material in it. My stem without any side holes actually catches most of it and then it drips into the bottom of my catcher.
7969c634c15aefde1e40caada0a9c766.jpg

Here's a pic of the catcher at least

I changed the down stem to a slightly longer one with no holes.

christohari

I wonder if that's the one with 3 different timers or the one that is with the digital display?
that would be great if it was the digital controller, but i think the 3 settings may refer to the latest monkey controller 2.0 where supposedly you can set the auto-off timer at 1,2,or 3 hours shutoff. i dont own that particular controller, however i saw a video on IG/youtube not long ago showcasing that particular 2.0 model.

christohari,

shaolinmilk

So I got to try this unit over the weekend at the Lifted Expo with Enrico and whenever I asked him what kind of heating does this use... he kept saying "Beyond Vaporization". LMAO! I was shocked that they allowed you to vape in the convection; didn't bring anything with me, however Enrico did let me try some of his bud and shatter on the Sublimator ($900 and $1100 model respectively).

Let me just say... the $1100 (Newest type of bong they have) does not milk. The guy with Enrico explained it to me stating how the bong was designed to not milk and I found it kinda weird, but whatever. The dab hit on it was delicious and on point; the flavour was as good as you can get from a dab IMO. I took a flower hit out of the $900 model (Sativa strain - not sure what it was exactly) and the flavour was immense. I feel like it was on par with my EVO and Supreme V3 in terms of flavour, however it fell short in terms of potency and the punch it gives when compared to my Supreme V3. I think it gives a bigger punch than my EVO, however the peak high is about the same. Again, I only used it for an hour so these are just my initial impressions.

Also, the thing seemed very big and it definitely needs to be stationary. The cleaning seemed alright, but I feel like you can easily burn yourself if you're not careful (same thing with my Supreme V3 and to a much lesser extent the EVO).

showman

Can anyone comment on the glassware available on the Sublimator site? Thinking of finally stepping up to a full sublimator (I have an eliminator, the torch-fired Sub), but have no real idea of the differences between the following 4 glass kits:
https://sublimator.ca/product/the-45mm-master-kit-aries/
https://sublimator.ca/product/the-45mm-master-kit-coldwall/
https://sublimator.ca/product/the-45mm-master-kit-perc-bubbler/
https://sublimator.ca/product/glass-master-kit/

To the previous poster, which bongs are you referrring to?

showman,

showman

The eliminator is in stock but can someone tell me how long it takes to torch to reach optimal temperature?

About 30 seconds. The Eliminator is very fast to heat.

I have to say, though, I don't really care for it for Flowers, as it can combust your herbs if you heat too long. For Oil, it's excellent.

showman,

christohari

Can anyone comment on the glassware available on the Sublimator site? Thinking of finally stepping up to a full sublimator (I have an eliminator, the torch-fired Sub), but have no real idea of the differences between the following 4 glass kits:
https://sublimator.ca/product/the-45mm-master-kit-aries/
https://sublimator.ca/product/the-45mm-master-kit-coldwall/
https://sublimator.ca/product/the-45mm-master-kit-perc-bubbler/
https://sublimator.ca/product/glass-master-kit/

To the previous poster, which bongs are you referrring to?
If you prefer the vapor WITHOUT water filtration, as i do, then def. get the Coldwall (you can fill it with ice, nice cold vapor) system or Kyrogenic (built in condensor) from PV http://www.planetvape.ca/sublimator-kryogenic-condenser-coil-45mm-glass-tube.html. Otherwise id rec. getting the perc bubbler (the ONLY one with native water filtration btw). I believe all the master kits have the same customize menu when ordering, so you can order which heaters you prefer (let me know if you need advice on this). If by some by chance you end up getting the regular master kit, i actually prefer the 3" chamber (thicker vapor, easier to clear) vs the 9" tube. To comment on the Aries, its just basically a tube as well.

christohari,

showman

If you prefer the vapor WITHOUT water filtration, as i do, then def. get the Coldwall (you can fill it with ice, nice cold vapor) system or Kyrogenic (built in condensor) from PV http://www.planetvape.ca/sublimator-kryogenic-condenser-coil-45mm-glass-tube.html. Otherwise id rec. getting the perc bubbler (the ONLY one with native water filtration btw). I believe all the master kits have the same customize menu when ordering, so you can order which heaters you prefer (let me know if you need advice on this). If by some by chance you end up getting the regular master kit, i actually prefer the 3" chamber (thicker vapor, easier to clear) vs the 9" tube. To comment on the Aries, its just basically a tube as well.

Thanks! I was thinking of getting the Nail with the Carb Cab to use for Oil, probably with the 45 mm Cold Wall Kit! Although that Kyrogenic looks interesting too...

christohari

Thanks! I was thinking of getting the Nail with the Carb Cab to use for Oil, probably with the 45 mm Cold Wall Kit! Although that Kyrogenic looks interesting too...
The carb cap with oils works great, i do rec. getting the Nail v4 w/ carb cap or the Flower (Apollo) heater, depending on use. I dont think you can carb cap the Dabmaster (correct me if im wrong), and this makes it totally worth it for oils. Now you can also use them for either or but def. best results for their intended purpose. As for that kryogenic glass, please post results if you end up getting one. Otherwise i will be getting one in July and can give a comparsion to the Coldwall as well.

christohari,

christohari

Is anyone using this as just a dab rig?
i also use it primarily as a dab rig, i break out the Apollo heater maybe about 20% of the time. But the v4 Nail with carb cap is my main go-to above all vapes. Ive even heard that a quartz dish is in the works as well.

christohari,
Reactions: DrNick420

DrNick420

i also use it primarily as a dab rig, i break out the Apollo heater maybe about 20% of the time. But the v4 Nail with carb cap is my main go-to above all vapes. Ive even heard that a quartz dish is in the works as well.
damn. Now I want to wait and see.... huge quartz fan here

Top Bottom