Discontinued Sublimator XLR

brucee10

RIP Cold Wall Tube. Courtesy of my Terrier darting across wires to go bark at thunder. Couldn't even snap a photo, I was so annoyed I just threw the mess out. Unfortunately the price makes it unfeasible for me to get a new one anytime soon. It was an amazing product while it lasted! Gonna go drown my sorrows in my busted up old Gear piece :cry:

Help me shop for a new setup in the meantime? What's popular / new in 45mm toppers these days?
We need to find a glass blower to do custom work.

brucee10

I paired a Silver Surfer glass wand with the FC-UFO and man what a combo. Air flow is really good and draw resistance is so low it's even easier to clear the Sub now. My new go to setup. :tup:
Good God man. That's a monster setup and a monster dose. I really need a water tool because my lungs are burning after watching that.

TerrorTwist

Vapor Demon
Good God man. That's a monster setup and a monster dose. I really need a water tool because my lungs are burning after watching that.
Thanks man! I am loving this setup with the Sub and you got that right those double deckers take hits to the next level! :D

TerrorTwist,

Teedub

Just touching in to say my sub is up and running again and f me this thing gets me so good. With my 2nd 240v evo out, ive been using my old cloud+ as backup and it ain't got shit on the sub. I've forgotten how good this lovely lady is.:zzz:

TerrorTwist

Vapor Demon
Yeah this thing is no joke... It really does hit you hard with its potency. That ultra milky easy to absorb expanded vapor combined with the most effortless extraction ever and the ability to collect sublimate oil and do herb as well as dab at the same time? The Sub is an amazing machine! :bowdown:

TerrorTwist,

neogitus

is it just me or has anyone else noticed over the past while that the sublimator.ca website has switched between USD and CAD currency like 4 times? I find it pretty weird as I assume a .ca Canadian company to be in Canadian currency. I ended up buying a second sublimator off their website months ago, I know for a fact the first one I got was in CAD so I wasn't paying much attention when I bought it and realized after it was US dollars and instead of 800 ish I paid 1100 ish for the same thing. Would have bought off pv had I known that. A month or 2 later I'm browsing the sub site and its in CAD again, was a little bit frustrated, now I check today its USD again, has anyone noticed this? IMO its pretty snakey as pv sells subs in cad for same price, are they just taking advantage of the ridiculous exchange rate and caking it or am I just crazy?

neogitus,

TurboVape

So I hunted high and low for weeks for a Sublimator here in the UK. Eventually, I gave up and then found one available in Germany. I've just been informed by the shipping company, that it's due for delivery tomorrow. Excited is an understatement :)

I just wondered if you guys had any tips for it's first use? I know I have to clean the atomiser beforehand, will it be sufficient to use alcohol cleaning wipes, or would I need to soak it in ISO? Any other advice would be greatly appreciated. I'll mainly be using herbs, but I do have some lovely shatter that I would like to try with the Sub.

By the way, I've ordered the XLR 2.0 version, with the 12" tube and the titanium apollo heater.

TurboVape,
Reactions: Poostuff

TurboVape

So I hunted high and low for weeks for a Sublimator here in the UK. Eventually, I gave up and then found one available in Germany. I've just been informed by the shipping company, that it's due for delivery tomorrow. Excited is an understatement :)

I just wondered if you guys had any tips for it's first use? I know I have to clean the atomiser beforehand, will it be sufficient to use alcohol cleaning wipes, or would I need to soak it in ISO? Any other advice would be greatly appreciated. I'll mainly be using herbs, but I do have some lovely shatter that I would like to try with the Sub.

By the way, I've ordered the XLR 2.0 version, with the 12" tube and the titanium apollo heater.

My Sublimator kit has just arrived :) Can't wait to get sub'in :D

TurboVape,

TurboVape

^^Please give us a review of what you think of your new purchase!

Well I've been using the Sublimator over the weekend. I have to be honest, I'm a little underwhelmed so far. But I think it's a case of getting used to the different kind of high. I was a heavy bong smoker, so I guess it will take time to get used to.

I do find I'm using more herb than I would do in bongs, but again this is probably due to tolerance or being used to the carcinogenics in the smoke. I'll give it a couple of weeks and see how I get on.

The vapour/gas is incredibly smooth, I can take much bigger hits than my bong, and not cough at all. I'm not really getting any flavour though. I do however find that my ABV is a very dark brown/black, it looks like coffee. I've only got the heating setting on 6, but am I doing something wrong. When I look at other Sublimator user's videos, their ABV is yellow or a very light brown.

Also, how long does the sublimate/reclaim take to start collecting. I've probably used around 20g of herbs through the Sub, but the section at the bottom for the reclaim is completely empty/dry.

TurboVape,

brucee10

Well I've been using the Sublimator over the weekend. I have to be honest, I'm a little underwhelmed so far. But I think it's a case of getting used to the different kind of high. I was a heavy bong smoker, so I guess it will take time to get used to.

I do find I'm using more herb than I would do in bongs, but again this is probably due to tolerance or being used to the carcinogenics in the smoke. I'll give it a couple of weeks and see how I get on.

The vapour/gas is incredibly smooth, I can take much bigger hits than my bong, and not cough at all. I'm not really getting any flavour though. I do however find that my ABV is a very dark brown/black, it looks like coffee. I've only got the heating setting on 6, but am I doing something wrong. When I look at other Sublimator user's videos, their ABV is yellow or a very light brown.

Also, how long does the sublimate/reclaim take to start collecting. I've probably used around 20g of herbs through the Sub, but the section at the bottom for the reclaim is completely empty/dry.

If you're a bong smoker, try this. I took the top of my 12" glass tube and added a choke tier to the bottom of my base launcher. It allows me to hit it like a bong and when I release the choke to clear it's a blast to the lungs. I'll take a photo when I get home.

brucee10,

TerrorTwist

Vapor Demon

Underwhelmed from the Sub? Usually when I take a huge double decker sub hit underwhelmed is the last thing on my mind! It's more along the lines of me face down on my bed dieing haha. Maybe you are not used to the high from vaping as much? That plus the sub is known to have a different sort of "high signature" then a traditional vape. Maybe because this thing takes cannabis and SUPER charges it! :lol:

If you want better flavor try lowering your temperature till your ABV comes out lighter in color. Also making sure both your heater and atomizer are heated up together long enough so that they reach thermal equilibrium is key. I usually turn my sub on and crank it to max for 10 mins or so then lower it to the green zone and wait another 10 mins or so just to speed up the heating process. Another thing to remember when hitting the sub is the harder/stronger you inhale the bigger and better the hit!

I hope you enjoy your new sub more! There is a little bit of a learning process with the sub like with anything but once you get it down and you experience what this thing can REALLY do in my opinion nothing compares. For me the Sub is the holy grail of vapes! :tup:

TerrorTwist,

TurboVape

Thanks for the reply guys. I have the Sub warming up on setting 4, so will see how i do :)

@brucee10
I've got the 12" plastic tube, with aluminum base. The glass wasn't in stock :/

@TerrorTwist
I think you're right about getting use to the different high. I've not tried a double decker yet though. I wanted to wait for the first batch of sublimate before I do :)

TerrorTwist

Vapor Demon
Thanks for the reply guys. I have the Sub warming up on setting 4, so will see how i do :)

@brucee10

@TerrorTwist
I think you're right about getting use to the different high. I've not tried a double decker yet though. I wanted to wait for the first batch of sublimate before I do :)

You are in for a treat when you finally do muhaha! :evil: When doing deckers though the temperature might have to be a little higher since you are dealing with concentrates. I usually set mine to 8 for double deckers but then again I am of the type that enjoy nearly killing himself every hit. :rofl: Speaking of double deckers I'm about to take one right now! Happy new year TurboVape, Subculture and FC cheers! YEEEEAH! :rockon:

TerrorTwist,

TurboVape

You are in for a treat when you finally do muhaha! :evil: When doing deckers though the temperature might have to be a little higher since you are dealing with concentrates. I usually set mine to 8 for double deckers but then again I am of the type that enjoy nearly killing himself every hit. :rofl: Speaking of double deckers I'm about to take one right now! Happy new year TurboVape, Subculture and FC cheers! YEEEEAH! :rockon:

See you on the other side :) Just loading up now.

brucee10

@brucee10

@TerrorTwist
I don't think plastic will change much at all. It's the carb and less air restriction that makes it a winner for me.

shaolinmilk

I'm on a mission to find the hardest hitter and I'm thinking about the Sub... For those who have the EVO and Sublimator, can you compare the differences in the potency of the vapour and the high you get from it?

shaolinmilk,

TurboVape

I'm on a mission to find the hardest hitter and I'm thinking about the Sub... For those who have the EVO and Sublimator, can you compare the differences in the potency of the vapour and the high you get from it?
I'm only on my 3rd or 4th day with the Sub. Coming from the Cloud EVO.

Taste of vapour was superior with the Cloud EVO, but that's using the dry mouthpiece as I don't have a Hydratube for it. However, I haven't found the correct temperature for me with the Sub yet. The vapour on the Sub (using the plasic 12" tube), is much smoother.

Potency. Initially I was underwhelmed with the Sublimator, the high was on par with the EVO, but required more herb. However, I had a hit just now and the high was extremely strong for 40 minutes. I had to lie down :) Definitely the hardest hit from a vape that I've experienced. I used a much smaller amount, but inhaled a lot stronger, seemed to do the trick! A little early for me to say, but I think the Sublimator will easily win once I'm used to it. Interestingly, with this high I had nice body effects, that I don't normally have with vaporizers.

So as I say, to early to be sure, but at the moment the Sub has delivered the better and stronger high. Wait till I try a double decker though :)

brucee10

I've had an Evo for two or three years now and it's in a box. It worked very well, but between the basket screens and my crummy hydratube, it just became work. If I have a very tasty strain, I might break out the dry tube for a day or two, but the sublimator still is my daily. It hits harder for me and fits my style better.

TerrorTwist

Vapor Demon
I'm only on my 3rd or 4th day with the Sub. Coming from the Cloud EVO.

Taste of vapour was superior with the Cloud EVO, but that's using the dry mouthpiece as I don't have a Hydratube for it. However, I haven't found the correct temperature for me with the Sub yet. The vapour on the Sub (using the plasic 12" tube), is much smoother.

Potency. Initially I was underwhelmed with the Sublimator, the high was on par with the EVO, but required more herb. However, I had a hit just now and the high was extremely strong for 40 minutes. I had to lie down :) Definitely the hardest hit from a vape that I've experienced. I used a much smaller amount, but inhaled a lot stronger, seemed to do the trick! A little early for me to say, but I think the Sublimator will easily win once I'm used to it. Interestingly, with this high I had nice body effects, that I don't normally have with vaporizers.

So as I say, to early to be sure, but at the moment the Sub has delivered the better and stronger high. Wait till I try a double decker though :)

It's interesting you say that you had nice body effects that you don't normally have with a vaporizer. Because some people I noticed seem to be under the impression the sub only gives you the head high when that's not the case. Especially if you use sublimate oil.

Last edited:
TerrorTwist,

Teedub

I've gotten into the habit of torching my ti apollo to heat it up quicker, works really well I just concentrate the flame on the main chunk of metal that screws onto the heating element whilst the unit is on max. The sub heats up extremely quick this way.

It seems to me I'm only really heating up metal so no biggy, but I was curious non the less. I don't want to cook out my heater or something. I don't blast the atomizer as it burns the residue inside, it heats up nicely from being in contact with the torched apollo.

I was wondering if anyone else does this or if its a bad idea?

Teedub,

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer
I had a hit just now and the high was extremely strong for 40 minutes. I had to lie down :) Definitely the hardest hit from a vape that I've experienced. I used a much smaller amount, but inhaled a lot stronger, seemed to do the trick! A little early for me to say, but I think the Sublimator will easily win once I'm used to it. Interestingly, with this high I had nice body effects, that I don't normally have with vaporizers.
Hi TurboVape, yes less is more with the Sub.... recommended load size is only 0.1 grams and the harder you hit it the better it works.

I've gotten into the habit of torching my ti apollo to heat it up quicker, works really well I just concentrate the flame on the main chunk of metal that screws onto the heating element whilst the unit is on max. The sub heats up extremely quick this way.

It seems to me I'm only really heating up metal so no biggy, but I was curious non the less. I don't want to cook out my heater or something. I don't blast the atomizer as it burns the residue inside, it heats up nicely from being in contact with the torched apollo.

I was wondering if anyone else does this or if its a bad idea?
Hi Teedub, the problem with doing that is torches hit 2500F which depending on how long you heat for will definitely damage your Apollo. Also part of the Sublimators magic comes from thermal equilibrium between your Apollo and atomizer, when heating with a torch on the Apollo only your atomizer is remaining way too cool for the magic to properly occur.

PV

Teedub

The atomizer is attached during torching, just no direct torching to the atomizer. The atomizer actually heats up to the usual temp as a normal heat up, equilibrium is perfect. I monitor it with an Ir thermometer.

I can accept the direct heat from the torch is not a good thing for the heating element but again the torch is in contact with the large mass of ti, not in direct contact with the heating element. I'ts just another heat source like a quick external turbo blast haha.

I'm not going to do it everyday but its handy in a rush. Thanks for the reply though Pv.

Teedub,

OldFolksSmoke

Hi TurboVape, yes less is more with the Sub.... recommended load size is only 0.1 grams and the harder you hit it the better it works.

Hi Teedub, the problem with doing that is torches hit 2500F which depending on how long you heat for will definitely damage your Apollo. Also part of the Sublimators magic comes from thermal equilibrium between your Apollo and atomizer, when heating with a torch on the Apollo only your atomizer is remaining way too cool for the magic to properly occur.

PV

PlanetVape,

When will your store have the Sublimator kits for sale again?

All options show as unavailable

OldFolksSmoke,
Reactions: bellas
Top Bottom