Subforums or tagged threads for the model-specific forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qbit

cannabanana
Yeah so a couple of you might have noticed that some of the threads in the model-specific vaporizer forum are getting kinda long. Four threads with posts numbering in the four figures, and others well on their way.

Long threads like this can be a bit of a daunting experience for new arrivals to the forum (or even those who've been here for a while). There's a lot of great stuff in these threads, but it's relatively inaccessible.

I've read/scanned the entire PD thread, but I don't remember it all, and it's messy trying to search for little tips and info when I can only vaguely remember the context. And I know that anything I post in such a thread will be soon, more or less, buried. For the newcomer who doesn't know what he/she doesn't know, and therefore often won't know what to search for, the collective wisdom is even more difficult to absorb.

I don't see these threads growing any shorter, or this forum any smaller. So I'm hypothesizing about the idea of having subforums for popular models, or tagged threads with different view options. This way, you can have more new topics for dealing with the minutiae of each of the various vapes, but still be able to gather all the threads for any specific model with ease. And you could simply have a superforum or 'all thread's view' default, so it doesn't feel like the tribe is getting split up.

I'm not sure what exactly can or should be done, if anything - there may well be factors I haven't though of. And of course it's all up to Vtac in the end, but it seems to me that the subject might be worthy of discussion. :)

Qbit,

StickyShisha2

:2c: i agree :D

its fun to run a search and find out that the word you're looking for is somewhere in a 75 page thread.

StickyShisha2,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom