Strains choice

ander

I have a short experience with MJ and no experience at all with the world of strains. In the past 3 years I think I have used a Sativa dominant strain, considering the effects. But since I vape the desire of adding some variety on effects and taste is growing... so I'm trying to identify 3 strains for multiple purposes:

1- A "low" THC, high CBD medical one.
2- An "all times", stimulant Sativa based one.
3- A more heavy, relaxing Indica based one.

After a long, vaporous research (and considering many aspects...) these are my choices:

1- Industrial Plant
2- Jack Herer
3- Blue Cheese

(I was also considering Haze, White Widow and Northern Lights... but the selected ones above seems to best suits my needs, for specific reasons that are not discussable on this board.)

So I'd really like to know what you, experienced vapers, think about this list. Any suggestion/direct experience is appreciated! Thanks

Last edited:
ander,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I'm not familiar with high CBD strains but I am a lover of sativa, balanced Hybrids and the occasional indica. I think you've made good choices but the cheese might not be to your tastes. I hear some complaints about the taste turning some off. If I were to replace the Cheese with another knock-you-on-you-ass Indica it would be Bubba Kush. It'll put you into a deep body high that grips you hard for the first hour or two.

My favourite stimulating strains are Green crack, XJ-13, and Strawberry cough. The XJ-13 is hybrid of JackH and G13 which offers a really clear headed high and relaxing body stone. I recently discovered this strain and it is easily in my top three.

I'm finding lately that hybrids are a better fit for what I want. Strains like Pink Kush, OG Kush and XJ-13 really have a dual personality to them. I prefer to have a more cerebral high with a slight body buzz since pure sativas can make me anxious and pure indicas glue me to my computer. I'm an artist and musician so I want a clear head and high energy while I'm trying to be creative.

The more indica biased hybrids I save for use with friends. The relaxing body stone and giddy head high make for a good start to an evening of fun. OG Kush is almost unmatched in my books for setting the right mood.

Last edited:

gangababa

From a local marijuana market, my Pennywise pop-top packaging label says 6.9% THC, 10.8% CBD
https://www.leafly.com/indica/pennywise
From Leafly.com
"Pennywise is a high-CBD indica cross between Harlequin and Jack the Ripper, a combination that lends this strain its killer clown name. Four phenotypes of this Stephen King-inspired strain exist, some of which have fingerlike buds while others appear more round. Notes of coffee and pepper lift from the purple-fringed flowers with undertones of lemon and bubblegum. Rich in the therapeutic compound CBD, Pennywise is especially effective in treating arthritis, PTSD, epilepsy, neurological disorders, and cancer symptoms. It contains a 1:1 ratio of CBD and THC, so the psychoactive effects are milder and more relaxing. Jack the Ripper’s cerebrally focused effects are detectable in Pennywise’s genes as euphoria and mental clarity take over with an invigorating buzz. Pennywise flowers in ..."

The Stranger

Account Closed
I'm not familiar with high CBD strains but I am a lover of sativa, balanced Hybrids and the occasional indica. I think you've made good choices but the cheese might not be to your tastes. I hear some complaints about the taste turning some off. If I were to replace the Cheese with another knock-you-on-you-ass Indica it would be Bubba Kush. It'll put you into a deep body high that grips you hard for the first hour or two.

My favourite stimulating strains are Green crack, XJ-13, and Strawberry cough. The XJ-13 is hybrid of JackH and G13 which offers a really clear headed high and relaxing body stone. I recently discovered this strain and it is easily in my top three.

I'm finding lately that hybrids are a better fit for what I want. Strains like Pink Kush, OG Kush and XJ-13 really have a dual personality to them. I prefer to have a more cerebral high with a slight body buzz since pure sativas can make me anxious and pure indicas glue me to my computer. I'm an artist and musician so I want a clear head and high energy while I'm trying to be creative.

The more indica biased hybrids I save for use with friends. The relaxing body stone and giddy head high make for a good start to an evening of fun. OG Kush is almost unmatched in my books for setting the right mood.
I'm always in search of the strain that'll keep me focused and creative also, as an artist of sorts. So thanks for your suggestions!

The Stranger,
Reactions: Winegums

ander

1- Industrial Plant
Correction: the strain is called Industrial Plant CBD (a cross between the original "Industrial Plant" and a "pure CBD" strain. Result: THC around 5%, CBD around 13%), and it is not reviewed on Leafly.

I'm not familiar with high CBD strains but I am a lover of sativa, balanced Hybrids and the occasional indica.
I think we have pretty the same tastes... and I'm very curious to try one of this high CBD strains.

Medical note:
I'm discovering that my... "personal strain" is more medically effective than I thought: I've (finally) persuaded my girlfriend to give it a try, and today she won the weekly attack of migraine without the usual dose of Metamizole drug... with only 3 little pulls of vapor at around 190°C (and with no side effects!). This attack causes pain and specially a bad feeling that makes her unable to think clearly or even talk. After 20 minutes a mild pain was still present, but all the other symptoms were magically dissolved. A great victory for alternative medicine here!!! And I think that a more aimed strain will do an even better job.
Anyway, I wonder what's the composition of this versatile strain... a hybrid, Sativa dominant for sure... as the tree grows wide and reaches the 3 meters at the end of his (glorious!) life.

Thanks guys for the other suggestions. Leafly is really a gluttonous site... that could bring to madness... especially if you are living in illegal countries..!

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I feel I should report back on the XJ-13. While it's a tasty strain with good effects, I'm finding it has serious short term memory issues. I've never had a strain that has made me forget the first half of what I was explaining until this. I don't enjoy it at all as I'm a deep thinker and this fucks with that.

Winegums,

ander

I feel I should report back on the XJ-13. While it's a tasty strain with good effects, I'm finding it has serious short term memory issues. I've never had a strain that has made me forget the first half of what I was explaining until this. I don't enjoy it at all as I'm a deep thinker and this fucks with that.
Thanks for reporting. Sure it could be subjective... but I can only hope the Jack Herer strain (one of my choices, and parent of the XJ-13) doesn't have the same heavy drawback...

ander,

ander

In any case, I'm not a great thinker... I was a heavy (and paranoid) thinker in the past. But in these times, at thought, I prefer his antagonist: the instinct! ;)

Last edited:
ander,
Reactions: Amoreena

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I got the same experience, not with this strain but with an indoor Euphoria, maybe cause I was a bit tired in my body/mind but effects was so strong it was trully unpleasant!

High was similar to acid in the way I was feeling the goodies coming in my brain like a tsunami, but comparison stops here . Maybe it was THCV or I suspected the grower used a lot of chemicals (although weed didn't tasted like that) but the main reason comes from me, I wanted to be very stone so Euphoria makes me very high.

I would like to see some "high THCV" contents weeds and seeds, but I read some reports about how special and anxious is the THCV high...any thoughts?

PPN,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
It might be worth your while also taking notes on particular farmers if you are able. One type of strain from one farmer could be different from another farmer depending how your cannabis is grown.

I've noticed the taste even vary a bit, dependent on the amount and quality of the terpenes I would imagine. Of course one plant might turn out slightly different than another plant. Depending where you go - such as a dispensary I wonder if sometimes, occasionally there is a mix up in the strains.

My favorites change from time to time. My fav strains today are are.

Sativa dominate hybrid - Dairy Queen
heavy Indica for sleep and pain - Hindu Kush, GrapeApe
indica dominate hybrid - Platinum Girl Scout Cookie / Gorilla Glue
I prefer indicate dominate hybrids.

I didn't include a high CBD strain because I don't have one.

Last edited:

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
1) i use Pennywise. The phenotype i have is a 1 to 1 CBD to THC ratio.

2) i like Agent Orange and Vortex for uplifting effects, including mood enhancement.

3) Gorilla Glue #4 is my current go to. For me, most kush dominate hybrids are good for evening use. I also like to use hash and concentrates in the evening

ander

Thanks guys for all these good hints, now I'm ready to make my choices...

ander,

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
Cheese is a very boring unispiring high and gets old fast but tasty if done right.

Best high balanced uplifting high is super silver haze all day, also known as amnesia haze / super lemon haze etc.

Of course everyone loves og as well.

VapourHaze,
Reactions: friedrich

ander

Cheese is a very boring unispiring high and gets old fast but tasty if done right.
I was somewhat attracted by the Blue Cheese strain... maybe because some times ago I've tried a wonderful blue cheese fermented with berries... strong but delicious.
So I think that I will need a strong taste strain... boring and uninspiring you say... so I hope it will make me sleep well, at least..!
Best high balanced uplifting high is super silver haze all day, also known as amnesia haze / super lemon haze etc.
Not so far from Jack Herer... am I wrong..?
Of course everyone loves og as well.
Original Gangster? Oh yeah... It's in my wishlist.

Last edited:
ander,

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
I was somewhat attracted by the Blue Cheese strain... maybe because some times ago I've tried a wonderful blue cheese fermented with berries... strong but delicious.
So I think that I will need a strong taste strain... boring and uninspiring you say... so I hope it will make me sleep well, at least..!

Not so far from Jack Herer... am I wrong..?

Original Gangster? Oh yeah... It's in my wishlist.

Ye cheese is tasty just a bland high imo however where i am we get a lot of averagely grown cheese.

Ye Jack is very similar to super silver haze etc. An okd school blend of haze skunk and northern lights.

The world has gone crazy for og kush!

VapourHaze,
Reactions: ander

BD9

Okay, so I haven't medicated in 20 years. Then, it was party, party, party...
Now I just want pain relief without having to turn to pharmaceutical opiates. I also want to be able to sleep without pharmaceuticals.
But, I live in a medicinally unfriendly state. Hmm, did that make sense? I wasn't sure how to phrase it. So I'm at the hands of what I can get. So far it seems non strain specific.
I'm also worried about how it will affect me. I've read about a strain called Laughing Buddha that sounds like a nice introductory strain for a nice wake and bake that will allow me to still function with mild pain relief. Then for sleeping and heavier pain relief I'm looking at Kush's. OG and Bubba.

Any thoughts are much appreciated.

@ander, thanks for starting this thread.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
.....I've read about a strain called Laughing Buddha that sounds like a nice introductory strain for a nice wake and bake that will allow me to still function with mild pain relief. Then for sleeping and heavier pain relief I'm looking at Kush's. OG and Bubba.

Any thoughts are much appreciated.

@ander, thanks for starting this thread.

If you aren't prone to THC anxiety, Strawberry Cough is a really euphoric/uplifting strain for a wake and vape. I just finished a bowl with my Mighty and it's a lovely cerebral high, I can feel a slight smile at the corners of my mouth right now. You might have an issue with the strength of it or even finding it but the good thing is there's lots of sativas that are great for mornings as well.

PS: OG and Bubba are really good for that feeling like you're sinking into your chair. I need to track some down for 420!

Top Bottom