Strains - Can't tell a difference..

1150A

Recently got my MMJ card out here and have a few different strains to try..

GDP
G13 x Cherry Pie
Kraken
Blue Dream
Sunset Sherbert
Sour Diesel

BUT, I honestly cannot tell the differences in effects.. and I want to! I do however notice differences in taste. These are "mids" and "top-shelf.." At this point, I'm thinking I may be better off saving money and buying whatever is cheap..

Last edited:
1150A,
Reactions: snamuh

MinnBobber

Recently got my MMJ card out here and have a few different strains to try..

GDP
G13 x Cherry Pie
Kraken
Blue Dream
Sunset Sherbert
Sour Diesel

BUT, I honestly cannot tell the differences in effects.. and I want to! I do however notice differences in taste. These are "mids" and "top-shelf.." At this point, I'm thinking I may be better off saving money and buying whatever is cheap..

So what vaporizer do you use?
Some give a better taste experience than others

MinnBobber,
Reactions: CarolKing

CG420

Over the horizon u can see the edges of the Earth
Try doing a week off of vaporizing or limiting your intake. I'd lower my dosage each day and figure out when it's necessary to vape. After about a week or so, you will be able to taste it more profoundly and the high is more defined at least for me that is. Hybrids help me with the dosage limit since I can feel both sativa/indica effects when vaped. Also, not all strains are what they say they are at the shops nowadays. Really depends if it is lab tested. If it is, you're most likely gonna get the taste. That's how I go about finding my strains to taste lately. If it's not tested, I'd go with my nose most times.

CG420,
Reactions: Radio

Chainfire

I too, I also have problems discerning the effects of indica vs sativa. I've gone through a lot of strains such as blueberry, Girl Scout cookies, Grand Daddy purple, blue dream etc etc..

I actually may need to back off on the strength, because I find myself getting very cold and some time shaking. I know the coldness comes from low blood sugar, a side effect of herb.

could this be because of my choices? I generally always pick up girl scout cookies.

Chainfire,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Funny to find this thread right after i had a strain mishap last night.

I have Fire OG currently for daytime use and Herijuana for night. The former hard hitting, but very uplifting and energetic. The latter a body slam, relaxing, pain relief.

By accident I vaped the Fire OG before bed and the second my head hit the pillow, I knew I was going to be up for quite a while...

And I was...:doh:

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
One thing I find helpful suggesting to friends who have difficulty discerning effects from one strain to another is to vape only a very small amount - just enough to get an obvious effect - but not too much to get blasted. One should then be able to discern the more subtle differences between the strains.

slick

I too, I also have problems discerning the effects of indica vs sativa. I've gone through a lot of strains such as blueberry, Girl Scout cookies, Grand Daddy purple, blue dream etc etc..

I actually may need to back off on the strength, because I find myself getting very cold and some time shaking. I know the coldness comes from low blood sugar, a side effect of herb.

could this be because of my choices? I generally always pick up girl scout cookies.

Bit off topic but I have to ask, is that true about the shaking and low blood sugar? I always thought it was just shivering from getting cold. I usually take a hot shower and it stops.

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Bit off topic but I have to ask, is that true about the shaking and low blood sugar? I always thought it was just shivering from getting cold. I usually take a hot shower and it stops.
I wasn't aware that vape lowered my blood sugar.. that sucks..

lwien

I used to have that happen to me too but it hasn't happened to me in years.

I don't think it's low blood sugar. I've gotten the shakes from low blood sugar before but those shakes didn't feel like I was cold. The shakes that I used to get from weed felt like I was definitely shaking from being cold even if I was in a normal temp room.

Two totally different feelings.

Last edited:

MinnBobber

I wasn't aware that vape lowered my blood sugar.. that sucks..

I don't know if it lowers your blood sugar but know about getting a "whitey" from taking in way too much cannabis. The recommended "treatment" is pound down really sugary drinks so maybe it does or maybe that sugar is to somehow bind to the cannabis/ mitigate the high???

MinnBobber,

grokit

well-worn member
Certain batches of any strain could contain fungus spores, which can lower your body temperature, especially if you are in a damp cold environment. Along with other reactions to the fungal invasion.

Last edited:
grokit,
Reactions: Snappo

Radio

stay true to yourselves
I get the 'shaking' in my chest and body when I inhale for a loooong time (20 seconds+ in one inhale). My whole body starts shaking in a strange way but it's nothing too prevelant. I usually just take it as an indicator that my lungs are at full capacity :lol:
Is that what you guys&girls are talking about or am I thinking of something different? First post of the morning, bit scattered ;p

Radio,

slick

I get the 'shaking' in my chest and body when I inhale for a loooong time (20 seconds+ in one inhale). My whole body starts shaking in a strange way but it's nothing too prevelant. I usually just take it as an indicator that my lungs are at full capacity :lol:

It's definitely a full body shivering. It's stars 5ish minutes after and stops if I get warm or with time, maybe 45 mins? Maybe it's due to some vasodilation in the extremities, my wife notes that my hands/feet are in fact freezing.

slick,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Radio

stay true to yourselves

It's definitely a full body shivering. It's stars 5ish minutes after and stops if I get warm or with time, maybe 45 mins? Maybe it's due to some vasodilation in the extremities, my wife notes that my hands/feet are in fact freezing.
How bizzare. Mine is very temporary and not comparable to what you experience.. Possibly a mild epileptic reaction? o.o Who the fuck knows. I hope you get that sorted out man. Maybe jump in a warm bath next time to let it settle? I can't think of anything more relaxing than a vape in a hot bath!

Radio,
Top Bottom