Strain for excessive fatigue?

TripMan

I got medicinal for other symptoms and for the most part I found good strains but one thing I can't solve is a strain for fatigue. I wake up with excessive fatigue for 3 years now. I've tried many high sativa strains but most of them put me to sleep. My doctor told me it should help with fatigue so I'm wondering if my fatigue is too much for weed to even counter it or if I'm just buying the wrong strains.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@TripMan Do you have access to CBD strains?
I've been reading about fatigue and cannabis.

Some folks have been successful with CBD strains as well as Sativas.
You said that the Sativas weren't working for you. You may need to keep searching.
You are right to stay away from Indicas.

Have you tried edibles?

By the way. Wecome to the forum.

Izan

I got medicinal for other symptoms and for the most part I found good strains but one thing I can't solve is a strain for fatigue. I wake up with excessive fatigue for 3 years now. I've tried many high sativa strains but most of them put me to sleep. My doctor told me it should help with fatigue so I'm wondering if my fatigue is too much for weed to even counter it or if I'm just buying the wrong strains.

Hi mate,
What device(s) are you using and at what temperatures?
I find low temp vaping/dabs have a more uplifting/head effect VS combustion or high temps/huge rips and clouds, that give me a body buzz /couch lock.

Good luck
I

HD Springer

The best strain I've ever had for an uplifting high was LSD. Lemon sour diesel. It's a very strong strain but some how I always was up and moving and had an extra pep to your step right after partaking. Really it was the first real time I ever noticed the "sativa" high. As a matter of fact if I over do it I can get a little bit on edge. Almost like it gets me too amped up. That was when it was all I had to use. And I used the shit out of it. Good luck. Hope you find those perfect strains you seek.
Peace.

TripMan

Hi mate,
What device(s) are you using and at what temperatures?
I find low temp vaping/dabs have a more uplifting/head effect VS combustion or high temps/huge rips and clouds, that give me a body buzz /couch lock.

Good luck
I

Was using a portable smite, but just ordered a standard cloud evo 5 min ago, plan to get some chinese glass for it.

@TripMan Do you have access to CBD strains?
I've been reading about fatigue and cannabis.

Some folks have been successful with CBD strains as well as Sativas.
You said that the Sativas weren't working for you. You may need to keep searching.
You are right to stay away from Indicas.

Have you tried edibles?

By the way. Wecome to the forum.

I smoke cbd everyday but I started mixing it with the high sativa strain now and still no difference. I haven't tried edibles yet though and have enough decarb to try my first time cooking it.

The best strain I've ever had for an uplifting high was LSD. Lemon sour diesel. It's a very strong strain but some how I always was up and moving and had an extra pep to your step right after partaking. Really it was the first real time I ever noticed the "sativa" high. As a matter of fact if I over do it I can get a little bit on edge. Almost like it gets me too amped up. That was when it was all I had to use. And I used the shit out of it. Good luck. Hope you find those perfect strains you seek.
Peace.

What feeling does it give? Right now I have to drink 3-4 cups of dark coffee to even get out of bed, that's how bad my fatigue currently is every morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
TripMan,

HD Springer

For myself I just almost absent minded like start doing things. Then next thing you know I'm hard at it. And I realize I'm high and I want to keep moving and going. It's not like doing speed or anywhere near that. It's a subtle growing energy. But its definitely there. And the more your active the more energy you feel. Not sure any sativa can give you what your looking for. But it would be worth looking into.

TripMan

For myself I just almost absent minded like start doing things. Then next thing you know I'm hard at it. And I realize I'm high and I want to keep moving and going. It's not like doing speed or anywhere near that. It's a subtle growing energy. But its definitely there. And the more your active the more energy you feel. Not sure any sativa can give you what your looking for. But it would be worth looking into.

That's what I want to feel too. Are you using high thc or low thc strain?

TripMan,

HD Springer

I'm pretty sure it's a high thc strain. But I have no real idea. I'm in a piece of shit state so all my mj use is under the table. I have heard it (LSD)talked about on tv so I know it's a fairly popular strain. It's the strongest smelling bud I've ever ever ever had. It's def. not a good travel bud.

Squiby

I am recovering from a severe poisoning which after almost a year's recovery, left me with very very little energy. I have been trying different strains and have found a few that do help.

The Green Crack strain does it for me. I always micro dose, a little bit will do you. If you can get some of this high energy strain, try a tiny amount and if after 15 you aren't up and about, try a wee bit more.

Durban Poison an original African Landrace and is very potent. It provides nice clean high energy. Again, tiny amounts do the trick. Once you are up and about, the Durban keeps you going like an Everready Battery.

Strawberry Cough is another high energy Sativa along with Super Jack.

I am always trying different Sativs and seeking out Landraces especially for high energy.

Good luck in finding the strain for you.

Last edited:

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Sometimes there's an underlying medical issue that is causing the fatigue, that needs to be addressed before cannabis can work its magic. 3 years is a pretty long time. Maybe consider having your doctor run extensive bloodwork etc. to rule out certain physical problems? If sativas are putting you to sleep, your system might be very taxed.

I've known a few people for reasons I don't understand, have an inverted effect from strains. That is, sativas make them drowsy and indicas relax their body and actually energize them. You could experiment with sativa/indica hybrids to see what works best for you. Best of luck.

TripMan

Sometimes there's an underlying medical issue that is causing the fatigue, that needs to be addressed before cannabis can work its magic. 3 years is a pretty long time. Maybe consider having your doctor run extensive bloodwork etc. to rule out certain physical problems? If sativas are putting you to sleep, your system might be very taxed.

I've known a few people for reasons I don't understand, have an inverted effect from strains. That is, sativas make them drowsy and indicas relax their body and actually energize them. You could experiment with sativa/indica hybrids to see what works best for you. Best of luck.

Been complaining about it for years but went to the doctor recently and told him about it. He sent me for a lot of tests including sleep study, trial with apap machine but nothing has helped. Even had a holter machine i had to walk around in for 2 days and my heart is perfect. So last thing I need now is an Brain MRI for some reason. So far I passed all the tests, apap/cpap machine makes no difference either.

Yeah I honestly haven't had the effect of sativa that everyone told me about, they seem to put me to sleep so maybe you are right, just wondering what's taxing it. Still I found a place that sells green crack so I'll try that as a last resort, I can't find LSD near me.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Sour diesel gives me a lot of energy, especially the concentrates. I love sativa edibles in the morning with my cbd oil. Coffee + sativa and I'm off to my daily grind =)

Splatterpop Circus

I have chronic fatigue syndrome and several other chronic illnesses that cause fatigue, so I've got some experience here. I've had some luck with indicas, if I'm lucky a couple puffs can help me stand up long enough to shower. Using more than that rarely helps me and tends to make things worse. I've had the best luck with green crack, but I haven't tried a whole lot of strains for fatigue.

Amphetamines, Ritalin/Concerta, or Nuvigil/Provigil might help you much more than cannabis - in my case stimulants tend to make me jittery and the crash can worsen my other issues, but they definitely give energy. Obviously be careful with that stuff, particularly speed and Ritalin.

If you don't already know the root cause of the fatigue, I'd also encourage you to look into possible conditions yourself, in my experience very, very few doctors are competent with chronic fatigue issues. Talk to your doc about a test for active eppstein-barr virus and cytomegalovirus (those probably aren't direct causes since your fatigue has lasted so long, but they can be indicative of chronic fatigue syndrome), and get tested for all the following if you haven't already: rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, multiple sclerosis, lyme disease, celiac disease, non-celiac gluten sensitivity, hypothyroidism, and fibromyalgia. That's just the stuff I can remember of course, I'm sure there's more. There's not really any test for chronic fatigue syndrome, but if all of those other tests come back negative that's probably the diagnosis you'll get. And of course if you already know what's causing it, you can ignore this paragraph. ;)

I hope you figure out a way to treat your fatigue!

TripMan

I have chronic fatigue syndrome and several other chronic illnesses that cause fatigue, so I've got some experience here. I've had some luck with indicas, if I'm lucky a couple puffs can help me stand up long enough to shower. Using more than that rarely helps me and tends to make things worse. I've had the best luck with green crack, but I haven't tried a whole lot of strains for fatigue.

Amphetamines, Ritalin/Concerta, or Nuvigil/Provigil might help you much more than cannabis - in my case stimulants tend to make me jittery and the crash can worsen my other issues, but they definitely give energy. Obviously be careful with that stuff, particularly speed and Ritalin.

If you don't already know the root cause of the fatigue, I'd also encourage you to look into possible conditions yourself, in my experience very, very few doctors are competent with chronic fatigue issues. Talk to your doc about a test for active eppstein-barr virus and cytomegalovirus (those probably aren't direct causes since your fatigue has lasted so long, but they can be indicative of chronic fatigue syndrome), and get tested for all the following if you haven't already: rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, multiple sclerosis, lyme disease, celiac disease, non-celiac gluten sensitivity, hypothyroidism, and fibromyalgia. That's just the stuff I can remember of course, I'm sure there's more. There's not really any test for chronic fatigue syndrome, but if all of those other tests come back negative that's probably the diagnosis you'll get. And of course if you already know what's causing it, you can ignore this paragraph. ;)

I hope you figure out a way to treat your fatigue!

I'm similar with those medications and crash pretty badly, this is why I avoid any similar. I also get very bad migraines.
As for finding a diagnosis there is just too many terrible doctors. Hell it took me 9 years to get a hip injury diagnosed and to do that I had travel to Europe because doctors here started saying I would never get a diagnosis and that I will live with pain forever. The pain part might be true but the dislocations are gone.

As for fatigue now they are trying to say I have sleep apnea because of bone structure but I had the same bone structure 3 years ago and my sleep was perfect with no fatigue. My sleep is perfect now with fatigue. They gave me an APAP machine for trial but just as I told them it makes absolutely no difference with fatigue. One consistent symptom I've had since this fatigue started was sweating for no reason, in an air conditioned room I'll sweat profusely but apparently my thyroid is healthy.

I had a full blood work up done but I doubt any of those you mentioned were checked. I will get those from my doctor and see what's up. The only number that was very high was bilirubin and they told me that means nothing. Weird.

So what was your diagnosis and how long did it take for you to come to the conclusion. There's just too many factors to fatigue and feels like it'll take years to diagnose, especially in Canada where you have to wait months to see one doctor or do one test.

As for indica, how high thc % do you use and do you micro dose it?

Last edited:

Splatterpop Circus

So what was your diagnosis and how long did it take for you to come to the conclusion. There's just too many factors to fatigue and feels like it'll take years to diagnose, especially in Canada where you have to wait months to see one doctor or do one test.
I've got a handful of diagnoses for fatigue, but the main one is chronic fatigue syndrome. It took about 8 years to get CFS formally diagnosed, but that's partly because I didn't push very hard for a specific diagnosis, and because it's a diagnosis of exclusion like lwien said. There's likely other factors as my immune system is messed up and I have at least one autoimmune disease (plus a half dozen other chronic illnesses, most seemingly unrelated).

As far as CFS, the major defining feature of it as opposed to other fatigue-causing illnesses is post-exertional malaise; where you get extremely exhausted for days, weeks, or months after physical or mental exertion or stress. If stress/exertion doesn't seem to affect your fatigue, I'd say it's probably something else. If it does, especially if exercise makes your symptoms worse, CFS is a possibility (though other illnesses can do similar stuff, particularly with stress).

Whoops, I meant to say sativas, not indicas. I'm not sure of the THC percentage as the stuff I had the best luck with (Green Crack) ran out; I'm currently using 17% THCA Blue Dream and that does okay. I do microdose; I'll load about 0.04g into my Nano and take two puffs every couple of hours. It doesn't make me high but it helps a bit with fatigue. The best energizing effect I've had is from much higher doses, but that's not feasible for me at the moment and it makes me pretty worthless once it wears off.

One consistent symptom I've had since this fatigue started was sweating for no reason, in an air conditioned room I'll sweat profusely but apparently my thyroid is healthy.
I've heard about temperature sensitivity in MS and fibro, but I don't know much about it. That sounds like a good clue though. Never heard of it with chronic fatigue syndrome, but that doesn't mean it's not a possibility either.

duckTape

I'm similar with those medications and crash pretty badly, this is why I avoid any similar. I also get very bad migraines.
As for finding a diagnosis there is just too many terrible doctors. Hell it took me 9 years to get a hip injury diagnosed and to do that I had travel to Europe because doctors here started saying I would never get a diagnosis and that I will live with pain forever. The pain part might be true but the dislocations are gone.

As for fatigue now they are trying to say I have sleep apnea because of bone structure but I had the same bone structure 3 years ago and my sleep was perfect with no fatigue. My sleep is perfect now with fatigue. They gave me an APAP machine for trial but just as I told them it makes absolutely no difference with fatigue. One consistent symptom I've had since this fatigue started was sweating for no reason, in an air conditioned room I'll sweat profusely but apparently my thyroid is healthy.

I had a full blood work up done but I doubt any of those you mentioned were checked. I will get those from my doctor and see what's up. The only number that was very high was bilirubin and they told me that means nothing. Weird.

Have you been checked for lymes disease? Fatigue, sudden sweats and thyroid problems without actually finding any thing wrong the thyroids sounds much like my situation.

But of course it can be something else, just want to know if you have gotten it checked.

And I want to add something, not directly to you TripMan but everyone;

If you have fatigue, stay away from coffee etc! It's most likely one of the last things you need to get better.

Just sayin' ;)

OldOyler

Fire it again. I can still find the ground.
Peace.

Yup, Sour Diesel (original version specifically, lemon works as well) is my big "go to". (If I smell fuel in my dankity, I smell energy!)

I generally follow the genetics as of late to find my desired effects, rather than just sativa/indica (of course now science determined that Afghani is genetically distinct third type, ruderalis aside, and called that type "Kush"), and found that anything descended from skunk phenos (like Skunk #1) or mixed with it energizes me. (Someone mentioned Green Crack - same thing, GC is Skunk #1 mom and unknown dad, the kush-dominant version that I like called Green Crush is Afghani dad x Skunk #1 mom, the Kush adds a calm to the energy boost for me, nicely balanced imo).

And my other energizing favorite, Jack Herer, is a triple cross that includes a Shiva Skunk!

Peace and energy to everyone!

lwien

Something else to consider is making yourself a salad. While there are many great strains mentioned in this thread, it's been my experience that most times, when you mix two different strains together, the end result very often is that the sum is much better than the parts.

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Something else to consider is making yourself a salad. While there are many great strains mentioned in this thread, it's been my experience that most times, when you mix two different strains together, the end result very often is that the sum is much better than the parts.

That's a really good way to help conserve medicine too. Get four strains-- A,B,C,D. Then try all different combinations A+B, A+C, A+D, B+C, A+B+C, etc... It helps effects stay up and tolerance stay down. Ones successfully mixed--"Original" OG Kush, Jack Herer, Space Queen, Trainwreck.

lwien

Yup. Recently, I just got two strains I never tried before, Gorilla Glue #4 which is a sativa dominate hybrid and White Reclure, an indica dominate hybrid. Tried them both separately and while totally different from one another, both were great. Then I mixed 'em together. WOWZA !!!! :o

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
For fatigue, Super Silver Haze. I stay away from this one or I don't sleep.

Top Bottom