• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Strain differences

Stark Heimdall

Hi everyone, I am in a situation where I have to choose 2 strains to get for half a year between 4, and I can't taste them before. (Don't ask why please, it makes me sad) They offer me this 4:
Skunk
Jack Herer
White Widow
Critical.

I am starting to vape (long time smoker) with an e-Nano, and prefer the high part than the stone part, so I guess sativa dominant strains are my best bet. What would you pick and why?

Sorry for my english, it is not my native language.

Stark Heimdall,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
If the last one is "Critical Mass" I think it's just the old "Big Bud" (or at least what the Dutch called Big Bud at some point, which had nothing to do with the US version, which was already controversial) and it's not a very good strain apart from yield (so none of your concerns)

White Widow was bred for potency and unless you get the original, all Dutch variants tends to be way more on the indica side than what they claim.

The original Skunk #1 was 3/4 sativa but then the Dutch diluted it with afghanis (an unfortunate trend in the way they "breed") but it should be more heady than the two others.

Then Jack has the most sativa in it, it's for some people the pinnacle of Sensi Seeds breeding. Beware that the high can be racey / paranoid at times depending on the cut used and how well it was brought to maturity.

I'd choose JH and SK1 personally.

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
What kind of screwed up situation requires you to choose half-a-year's supply without seeing or smelling it? He won't even comp you a gram of each to help you decide?

I'd pick Jack, and also Widow. I like WW because it is pretty indica-heavy for a hybrid, and will balance the Herer. I'd also try and pick a new supplier, unless he's giving you an incredible discount on six months of meds. But I realize an individual's situation may not allow that.

SpaceCoyote

Hi, my first post here!
While I'm still a newbie to all the varieties out there, I've had the chance to try almost 30 different strains this year (thank you Colorado :bowdown::leaf:)and my favorite by far has been Super Skunk. The effects seem to last almost twice as long as others, a beautiful long-lasting high :love: Great smell too.
If your Skunk option is anything like it, I think you'll be happy :tup:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Jilly Bean is a strain high in CBD and high in THC. A very good strain for pain I've found. I bought it at a mmj Farmers's Market that they have in the area where I live. A real gold mine. I hadn't been able to find it a the regular dispensaries that I use. This a pic of the last of it. I'm told no more until October.:huh:

Last edited:

gangababa

Ahh!!!!

October. I remember it well, if not fondly, from decades past, in the not-so-good-old days of summer droughts before the ship sailed in from afar with the years harvest.

gangababa,
Reactions: CarolKing

cityslang

A taste on the tongue
I've not tried Jack Herer had jacks cleaner, jack the ripper etc. It has great reviews.

Skunk as mentioned got reworked in the late 80s supposedly to reduce the smell of it. Still a decent all round strain.

white widow I love but it's not very fashionable much over here.

critucal+ again is this dinafems re branded and crossed big bud? If so it's a nice indica strain but not too strong.

I'd suggest you have access to one sativa high and one indica high. white widow and the jack would be the 2 I'd choose based on reviews of Jack and the relatives I've tried.

cityslang,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I really like Jack Herer and the Jack crosses I've come across, J-1 being my favorite cross and a top sativa for sure. I've also had some coma-inducing WW even in my pre-MMJ days. I have to also suggest Jack/WW as the two I'd pick.

Quetzalcoatl,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Just this past May I've been able to go to mmj dispensaries. I've been trying out different strains. I had heard so much about Grand Daddy Purple. I bought some two different times to try it out. I don't like the flavor of if. I didn't think it stood out far as getting medicated goes. I was disappointed. I don't think I will get it again.

CarolKing,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Getting some really good Grape Kush from a recreational dispensary in Colorado right now. Used it tonight while the FC fantasy football draft was going on.

Gonzo,
Top Bottom