Straight Strains verus Salads

lwien

Which do you like better?

For me, it always seems that the sum is stronger than the parts, that is, salads are more potent than straight strains. I guess it's because that one strain makes up for the weaknesses in another, and every strain does have certain weakness in the ratio of THC to CBN's to CBD's.

My current salad is Jack Herer, and Skywalker OG. Although both great strains in their own right, when I mix them, the results are fantastic.

lwien,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Salads are saaweet in the vape. I love it when you've got some friends around and everyone has different herb and you just take a tiny bit of everyone's and mix it together. It's hard for me to tell if it's getting me much higher because I'm not super exact about it, but the flavors get intense.

bluntfaced,

Pappy

shmaporist
lwien said:
Which do you like better?

For me, it always seems that the sum is stronger than the parts, that is, salads are more potent than straight strains. I guess it's because that one strain makes up for the weaknesses in another, and every strain does have certain weakness in the ratio of THC to CBN's to CBD's.

My current salad is Jack Herer, and Skywalker OG. Although both great strains in their own right, when I mix them, the results are fantastic.
I'll have to experiment with salads. I usually use a single strain because I know its characteristics. Although with Jack Herer and Skywalker OG I don't see how you can go wrong. :o

Pappy,

hereatlast

I've grown away from salads all together when vaping. Like Pappy I love to 'research' each strain I get and if possible do some side-to-side taste/high/color testing. If I was more informed of my product and its background I'm sure I'd like to do a little more mixing, as of now I even (tooth)brush my grinder clean when switching from one strain to another.

hereatlast,

the ob

all good in the hood.
I think the salads are important because it seems like I get used to a particular strain very quickly. variety is the spice of life......

the ob,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
hereatlast said:
I've grown away from salads all together when vaping. Like Pappy I love to 'research' each strain I get and if possible do some side-to-side taste/high/color testing. If I was more informed of my product and its background I'm sure I'd like to do a little more mixing, as of now I even (tooth)brush my grinder clean when switching from one strain to another.
Wow, you sound a lot like me. I have OCD, so I am always very articulate like that as well. :D

I also would rather vap each strain individually. That way I can distinguish each strains unique attributes. The only time I mix strains is when one strain might be too Indica dominant, so I'll mix it with a Sativa dominant strain so that I don't get as tired.

Also, only vaping one strain at a time, and being able to switch strains, helps me with tolerance.

Vicki,

wolf torn

I like salads when I'm home relaxing

will do straight if I'm on the go....just wanting a functional high

wolf torn,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I like salads too! I don't get fancy disp stuffs but I do like to make salads here & there.

Variety, spice of life and all ;)

Lo,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Well, fortunately for you all your salads are almost always med grade. I keep my strains seperate as such -

Mids - SV or VG (Dont usually save ABV)

Meds - MZ. (It makes em last longer as well as takes less) I save this ABV for my brownies.

I used to make salads with mids/meds but also came to realize that it burned through my meds still too quickly for my liking.

AGBeer,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
the only time I like doing salads is when I am going for that stoned feel. other than that I stick to one strain to get high and remain functional.
Salads always get me way too high, or I get just flat out stoned. Salads are for having fun.... one strain alone is for medicating.

DevoTheStrange,

dainbramage0

I guess I'd be a hybrid - I'm a fan of researching the strains, but once the research has been done its time to mix em up and go to salad town!

May I suggest using a fine tipped artists paint brush to clean out your (coffee) grinders instead of the commonly used toothbrush approach, its easier to get into tight places.

dainbramage0,

jimbo

winterize
I prefer vaping strains individually but on occasion will grind up a four or five strain salad just to change things up :D

jimbo,
Top Bottom