Pen Storm Vaporizer

Jealousy

I use the bubblerMp 99% of the time, but when I use the silicon mouthpiece, it doesn't get too hot to use. The unit itself does get hot though when I do 2 or more full sessions on the hottest settings. The draw with the silicon mouthpiece gets so dry and hot so I don't like using it, but the material itself doesn't overheat to uncomfortable level at all on my opinion. Maybe I just haven't used it enough. I recommend the bubblermp for supercool hits even on the hottest setting :)

ep221718

Ive had the Atmos Astra for about a year now. Im actually on my 2nd. The 1st I dropped in the toilet. The 2nd is dying out on me. Its not charging and Im starting to get a plastic taste while Im vaping. I opened my 1st unit up and noticed that the circuit board,wires,and a plastic piece is exposed.I think I know exactly were that plastic tatse is coming from. Also I noticed that when I blow into the unit,vapor comes out of the side holes/vents. The Astra has potential. However the Xmax V2 Pro and the Storm Vaporizer has picked up the slack and have made vast improvements. Im really interested in the Storm. Can someone from Vapefiend please breakdown how the airpath is isolated. Also Im in the US. Is it possible to get the Storm kit on or before 11/24

Jealousy

However the Xmax V2 Pro and the Storm Vaporizer has picked up the slack and have made vast improvements. Im really interested in the Storm. Can someone from Vapefiend please breakdown how the airpath is isolated.

Couldn't find any other pics, but page 6 has this post http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/storm-vaporizer.17773/page-6#post-854037

You can see that it seems that the electronics are below the heating part and the air is taken only from the side holes.

Jealousy,

VapeFiend.com

Retailer
Thanks for the feedback everyone! We find that hot lips can also be prevented by use of the glass mouthpiece. The glass mouthpiece features a wider bore so you can also take bigger rips :-)

The electronics in the Storm are sealed behind a high-temp safe silicone shield.

You can choose express shipping @ep221718, but standard shipping usually only takes 5 days anyway. PlanetVape has some, but they don't appear to be on his website...

Mr. China

I will have to order and try out the other mouthpieces at some point. For now the standard MP is working rather well and I like the stealthiness.:rolleyes:

Another of the downsides with this particular vape (and other pen vapes I guess) is that the diameter of the chamber is quite small. This means that loading the vape is a bit of hassle. Do you guys have any tips or tricks for loading the device? Thus far I have been using a piece of paper as a funnel.

Last edited:

Jealousy

Another of the downsides with this particular vape (and other pen vapes I guess) is that the diameter of the chamber is quite small. This means that loading the vape is a bit of hassle. Do you guys have any tips or tricks for loading the device? Thus far I have been using a piece of paper as a funnel.

I use the funnel that came with the bubblerMP, its just the right size, especially when you cut the "pipe" part so it's just the "cone". I made a similar size cone from a piece of paper and tape, couldn't be easier to load it.

Philreal187

As far as I know the x mas is not the storm. Who knows if this guy tried to clean it while hot and melted something in the chamber that you can't see.

That being said when I first got my haze 2.5 and was doing a burn off with the silicone lids I got about two 5 minute max temp burn off with visible gas. I think its something you use your best judgment when doing a burn off and once the vape is broken in it won't have any notice able taste. Electrics and Chinese are common and offend high quality but unfortunately there is also the opposite and very unsafe practices. Bottom line I would trust vape fiend not to put out and sell a questionable product.

mikeben

As far as I know the x mas is not the storm. Who knows if this guy tried to clean it while hot and melted something in the chamber that you can't see.

That being said when I first got my haze 2.5 and was doing a burn off with the silicone lids I got about two 5 minute max temp burn off with visible gas. I think its something you use your best judgment when doing a burn off and once the vape is broken in it won't have any notice able taste. Electrics and Chinese are common and offend high quality but unfortunately there is also the opposite and very unsafe practices. Bottom line I would trust vape fiend not to put out and sell a questionable product.
I trust your judgment on @VapeFiend.com too. They seem like too good of company to put out something they wouldn't stand behind. Mine has not arrived yet, but again I am sure it is going to be a big step up from the V2 Pro and really I'm very interested to try a pen of quality with this and the Dabstorm.

NorVape

Vape Rictim
I've been looking for a electronic Vape to replace my PnP as a Party Vape - a Vape you can just turn on and pass to anyone.

Been waiting for this Vape to age a bit, and after reading through this thread (and also because of my previous top notch experiences with @VapeFiend) I just said fuck it and bought it with the glass tool adapter and carrying case.

I also bought a resin bullet. IDK if Igot the right one but hey.

pdxbuckets

Edit. I just thought of something. I'm living in a cold and dark place and am waiting for winter to pass. Last night I left the device in my car while at my GF's house and when coming home the device was cold and wouldn't heat up. It turned on fine but while selecting a temp it flashed red three times. After numerous attempts and warming up the vape in my hands I finally got it to heat up. I reckon this has something to do with the device or battery being too cold and we'll have to see how things pan out as the weather gets colder. BTW the battery indicator was white (full) when switching on the vape.

Xmax owner here, just corroborating that the unit doesn't like the cold. It's not the battery, as I've brought warm batteries in and it still doesn't work. Perhaps there's a temperature sensor? The fastest way I've found to warm it up is to blow into the USB port. Then again, I haven't tried just blowing into the mouthpiece, figuring that the thing is supposed to have a sealed electronics path. Anyway, one or two breaths gets it going.

Jealousy

I have had no problems using the Storm in cold weather( minus 2 degrees, meaning a bit of snow). Battery does run out fairly quick, but I have one spare battery.

Edit: I have the version with 5 clicks to turn on and 3 clicks to change temp.

VapeFiend.com

Retailer
Here in England it is bloody freezing at the moment, and our Storms are all working fine- that's not to say that cold weather doesn't affect electronics, but I haven't experienced this problem with the Storm.

I would always recommend a good 10 minutes burn-off at the highest setting with any vaporizer, mainly because there may be dust or oil in the unit from the manufacturing process that may taint flavour if not burned off. In our experience 10 minutes clears this. Not sure what the video @ep221718 posted shows, but it's probably better off in the X-Max 2 thread. We have not encountered anything like this with the Storm.

mikeben

Got my Storm today waiting for a charge up. Looks really nice and versatile.

OK here's my verdict. WAY better than the old V2 pro 3 and more than I thought a Pen could do for me. OK first the downsides. I hate auto shut off on any vaporizer. It really drives me up a wall when a vaporizer cuts out on me while I am in the middle of a session. This is not a small chamber and I filled it up about 80 percent which gave me a good 15 min vape time. However getting it back on and where I wanted it two or three times was annoying to say the least. I'm glad they cut it down to three buttons to turn it back on, however I think it should work like their Dabstorm and not have to be turned back on during a session unless it is turned off. Second the rubber mouthpiece is awful tasting and doesn't draw well.

Other than that this is a darn good vaporizer, and it offers as much as a lot of portables. It really is more of a very small portable than a pen really. The tank is fairly large for something this size, and I found it very easy to clean out. I put a piece of Crafty SS pad on top of my load so my mouthpieces didn't get cloaged up and this really was amazingly clean to use. The glass mouthpiece is very nice flavor wise. Night and day from the rubber. I think I just like glass. My EVO and I are great friends, my Underdog gets a lot of time with his glass stems and my Haze only knows from it's glass stem as well.

Being that I like glass I really enjoyed the mini bubbler stem included in my Storm package. It is a bit hard to get the water out of it afterwards (any advice @VapeFiend.com , but I really like the whole idea of it. So much so I went and purchased one made for the Dabstorm too. The temp settings are done well. Got fully extracted ABV, good flavor with the bubbler to the end. Sweet spot in the middle.

All in all too bad more people in the USA do not know about the Storm. For the price point and style it's a very worthy item. The battery did fine the whole time I used it 15-20 min.

Last edited by a moderator:

Philreal187

I received a miss delivery note yesterday after work and knew it was the highly anticipated Storm vape package. So this morning I hoped out of bed and b lined it straight to the post office. I got hope and found this...

Whats inside all these beautiful packaging will have to be tested at a later time. I'm moving my girlfriend today in to our house as well as its her birthday, so I can't ditch to play with all these new great options. But I can't wait to break these vapes in!!!

I was so excited about the bubbler mp that I filled it up right away and had the same question as @mikeben about getting the water out. I just blew into the piece and it worked but was thinking I must be missing something.

Anyways @VapeFiend.com this is by far the greatest winnings I have ever received and I can not tell you how much I honestly appreciate this package. Thank you sir!!

Philreal187

I'm sorry for a double post mod please feel free to combine with last post I just can't edit.

Okay I was in a rush this morning and wanted to get the storm on the charger. When fussing with it before hand I put the battery in backwards :doh:

So my question while its charging does it have any lights lit? I read the manual and understand it will flash white 10 times onced charge but nothing on a consistent light.

Thanks in advance

:peace:

Philreal187,
Reactions: DDave

VapeFiend.com

Retailer
The light will go out when the Storm is fully charged, otherwise it will show red, green or white, depending on the level of charge in the battery!

And about the bubbler mouthpiece: you guys figured it out. Just remove the mouthpiece from the vaporizer and blow down into the bubbler to remove the water.

NorVape

Vape Rictim
Got it today! Thanks for the little bubbler MP :)

So far it works great with both herbs and hashish. Better with herbs, but I'm guessing it comes down to tech as well.

This is not going to be a daily driver for me, but it's gonna be a handy little portable for social situations etc. It also seems very solid and easy to maintain.

I held my Pinnacle Pro in one hand, and the Storm in the other. The PnP was a rather expensive vape when it came out, what - two years ago? This is a rather cheap vape in 2015 and it feels so much more solid. PnP for some reasons hits harder though.

VapeFiend.com

Retailer
Got it today! Thanks for the little bubbler MP :)

So far it works great with both herbs and hashish. Better with herbs, but I'm guessing it comes down to tech as well.

This is not going to be a daily driver for me, but it's gonna be a handy little portable for social situations etc. It also seems very solid and easy to maintain.

I held my Pinnacle Pro in one hand, and the Storm in the other. The PnP was a rather expensive vape when it came out, what - two years ago? This is a rather cheap vape in 2015 and it feels so much more solid. PnP for some reasons hits harder though.

Thanks for the feedback! I think if you try the Storm with the glass mouthpiece you might find it hits just as hard as the Pinnacle Pro!

Philreal187

So after a solid week of just using the Storm I think I want to voice my opinion.

First off thank you @VapeFiend.com for picking me as one of the winners this was such an awesome surprise!!!

A9awY9C.jpg

I started off by changing my battery up and reading the user manual. I was a little confused with the single button and multi clicks but got the hang of it quick. So once charged I packed it up and turned it on for two 5 minute max heat burn offs as recommended. Then I was off to testing this vape. I packed it up started low and worked through the temperature settings. The settings are nicely spread and each provide a great response from the herb. I found I prefer starting on temp two, and working up to temp 5. I generally do two cycles with each pack to get everything out of the herb. After finishing on temp 5 the abv is an even dark brown exactly how I like it!! I did start to drop a tiny screen on top of my packed herb to help keep the mp screen clean. I believe it also helps get more dense hits since it compresses the herb a bit more. The battery life isn't too bad I seem to get about 8 five minute sessions before I charge it.

The bubbler mp is great and can actually be stored away with water still in it for travels. I really enjoyed the hits through this mp. I never did try the all silicone/rubber mp yet I just like the glass and bubbler ones so much! Also with the glass mp it doubles as a wpa and works perfectly!

Over all the this vape gives great hits and is simple to use and share. My first portable was the pnp so this vape was very natural to me. I would say this is the pnp upgrade we all wanted!! Every issue that the pnp had the Storm seems to have addressed and fixed which makes for a kick ass vape. From a interchargeable batteries, to a mp that fits snug but easy to remove. On top of that the an amazing low price. I would feel comfortable recommending the Storm to anyone who wants a stealthy portable. Lots of bang for your buck! I really believe this is a vape that should not get over looked and would find a slot in many peoples line up.

Here is a size comparison bc this is a compact vape.
Rea8eSZ.jpg

I forgot to mention even if it seems dumb the packaging is amazing everything has very nice foam fitted cases.

The only thing I would have liked to see was pass thru charging so it can be used while charging. This is me trying to nit pick bc the reality is u can have a back up battery charged ready to swap once one dies.

Awesome job on this vaporizer @VapeFiend.com I really like it.

Once again thanks for picking me as one of the winners. I will certainly continue enjoying the Storm!!!

Last edited:

NorVape

Vape Rictim
I agree with all you said. Have anyone tried herb in the bullets btw?

That's one of the things that I really like with the PnP, which was also my first portable. First vape actually.

Philreal187

I have not tried any in the bullet. But I imagine with a screen in there it should work. I will have to done some experimenting and get back.

I also really loved the bullet system too. I picked up the haze with its can to fill that void. I wish I still had a pnp bullet around to try and see if if fits, that could be cool if they did work.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I tried a dry herb bullet from my Flowermate v3.0Air and it works very well!

Although the provided bullet which comes with the Storm is designed for wax, I never tried it with dry herbs, but Vapefiend is selling a solid concentrates capsule/bullet/cup with holes on the bottom...maybe it works well with flowers as well!

NorVape

Vape Rictim
I have that one! I must remember to try it. There's a little screen in it, so maybe I should try it half full with screen in the middle, and wholly filled bullet w/o the the middle.

Top Bottom