Pen Storm Vaporizer

Mr. Whitewall

I tried the top three, red was too harsh so I stay at purple most times.
...Most times was used on the go too so maybe need to grind it a bit better, true... Did try hops on it and worked more or less ok.

Yep, that was my initial thought, hopefully airflow would improve things somehow :suspicious:?
I also do like high temps!
Although there may be a flaw after all, it gets uncomfortably hot after two uses (I know it isn't a session vape, but since first load doesn't do it...).

that's why I dug your mod! I am also tired of those tiny screens getting clogged constantly... Plus they never stay in place for me; at some point it gets blocked by half the load getting sucked in between the screen and the mouthpiece :cry:.

Your english is fine to me! I'm not native either so please do your worst mate! :uhoh: :lol:

I really like it when it works!!! I have even used it to top off the buzz from my other desktop vapes when I've overdone them :rockon:in order to 'change signature'.

crazelee

1. is anyone know how to open Xmax v2 pro like photo below without destory it???because i put my flowermate v5s screen for test before but i cannot get it out without open the xmax v2:doh:, sorry for my bad english and thank you.:peace:
K3d3wig.jpg

crazelee,

VapeFiend.com

Retailer
I tried the top three, red was too harsh so I stay at purple most times.
...Most times was used on the go too so maybe need to grind it a bit better, true... Did try hops on it and worked more or less ok.

Yep, that was my initial thought, hopefully airflow would improve things somehow :suspicious:?
I also do like high temps!
Although there may be a flaw after all, it gets uncomfortably hot after two uses (I know it isn't a session vape, but since first load doesn't do it...).

that's why I dug your mod! I am also tired of those tiny screens getting clogged constantly... Plus they never stay in place for me; at some point it gets blocked by half the load getting sucked in between the screen and the mouthpiece :cry:.

Your english is fine to me! I'm not native either so please do your worst mate! :uhoh: :lol:

I really like it when it works!!! I have even used it to top off the buzz from my other desktop vapes when I've overdone them :rockon:in order to 'change signature'.

My advice would be to use it on the blue or green setting- you will get much better flavour and more from your herbs that way. The unit also won't get so hot, although I usually hold mine at the bottom where the battery is, this part doesn't get hot at all. There is also a Storm sleeve available that will make it easier to handle when it is hot.

VapeFiend.com

Retailer
I thought you guys would like to know that the STORM now has an improved operation system that is much simpler:

To turn on, press the button 3 times
To select temp, hold down the button
The light will now blink while it is heating up, and will be solid when it has reached temp.

This is now in line with the way most vapes work, and is exactly what our customers have been asking for, so we're happy to make these changes :-)

VapeFiend.com

Retailer
Probably not, but is it possible to upgrade the "older" versions software through the usb- port?

I'm afraid not :-( I wish it were!

But we will give 25% off the price of a new Storm to anyone who bought an original Storm. Just email us with your proof of purchase to enquire about this upgrade offer. Unfortunately we can only extend this offer to customers who bought directly from Vapefiend. One per customer only.

My Storm just arrived! Excited to get home from work later and test it out! Quick question though... Do you recommend a few burn off's before use?

Abraham_Vape _Helsing,
Okay so...

Charged

5 to 6 Burn off's on highest temp 220C (although only a slight 'new' smell in the chamber anyway)

First test of the Storm...

Used very Dry herb

Started low on 180C and progressed up to 210C

(Inhaled no more than three times on each temp)

180C - 190C - Great herb taste - No visible vapour
200C - 210C - Less herb taste - More Visible vapour
220C --------- No herb taste - Lots of vapour

No sign of combustion at all, light brown ABV

Glass mouth piece - Good size, allows a good amount of vapour to be inhaled very easily.

So... First impressions... it works well... I mean it REALLY works well :tup: :clap:

Last edited:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Abraham_Vape _Helsing the customer service and delivery times from @VapeFiend.com are second to none. IMO.
I mean it REALLY works well :tup: :clap:
it does that. I've used @Ruta's several times now and the Storm is far superior to my INH05. The white setting is too much for me and the ABV is always a consistent coffee color. No combustion and excellent cloud production. Lower temp. flavors blow the 05 out of the water.

@Abraham_Vape _Helsing the customer service and delivery times from @VapeFiend.com are second to none. IMO.

Completely agree!

Im going to experiment with the different temperatures on their own so will post my experience's of the effects soon. Yeah the white(220C) setting is quite harsh but would certainly satisfy people wanting visible vapour. I was surprised by how strong the flavours are at low temps!

I will also say this... it is going to make my herb last a long time!
When gradually upping the temp 180C - 220C I experienced strong effects that crept up on me slowly with such a small amount - 1 chamber packed loosely - I was done for the night :zzz:

EDC

Definitely keep your experiences coming guys, I'm very interested in this vaporizer as I like vapefiend and what they're about as a company.

Has anyone ran it through a full sized bubbler yet like the d020-d or the gb-187? I know It has a small one you can purchase as an attachment but I'd like to know if it can cloud up a real piece of glass.

Mr. China

I just ordered the Storm from vaposhop and am waiting to receive the unit. Can't wait!

I'm not a heavy user by any means but I have never really liked smoking. My friend got a volcano last year and due to some problems with my lungs I decided to quit smoking for good and get a vape. I first looked at the more expensive options but then decided to get the Storm as my first vape. I will share my experiences as soon as I get my hands on the device.:peace:

Had my Storm just over 2 weeks now... Used most days... My experience so far...

- Everything still works fine

- Tools provided have proved to be very useful, everything you need to clean regularly

- Battery life is great if only being used by one person and you remember to put it on charge after a session. After forgetting and having the battery die at a friends I Chose to buy an extra 18650 and double battery charger... sorted.

- Favourite temp setting(using glass mouthpiece) would be 200C(green light) as it produces enough vapour for me to satisfy the smoking feeling without being too harsh... 210C(purple) and 220C(white) i feel produces a lot more vapour however much more harsh/dry on the throat.

... In order to improve the quality of vapour at the highest temps 210C and 220C I bought a bubbler that is slightly bigger than the Budgie bubbler Vapefiend have on offer. It smoothed out the vapour at high temps and even seems to produce more vapour than usual, In my experience using the bubbler with the Storm made this device perfect for a heavy session. To attach the bubbler to the storm I placed it over the glass mouthpiece.

Last edited:

Jealousy

After a while of heavy use, I'm pretty pleased with the Storms performance. I'm getting even more consistent results with different amounts and strains. The heating performance hasn't degrated, more like it has gotten a bit more precise and there is absolutely no heating chamber- taste. Both batteries seem to have the original capacity and heating time has hasn't slowed down either.

If the vapes performance stays the same and the heating chamber doesn't start give off dull taste, I'm really pleased with this vapes value and performance. I'm this as my number one and only vape.

kushpuss

So i just got the storm vaporizer and it worked at first and latter wouldn't come on.. When clicked 5 times it wouldn't show any light but when clicked 3 times it would blink all the lights then go off, next when clicked again 3 times, it would blink the red light and go off.
I have charged it until the white light went out but it still won't come on.
I guess im gonna leave it on charge all night and check up on it from time to time..
Sadly im not currently happy with this product...

kushpuss,

UnshavenFish

So i just got the storm vaporizer and it worked at first and latter wouldn't come on.. When clicked 5 times it wouldn't show any light but when clicked 3 times it would blink all the lights then go off, next when clicked again 3 times, it would blink the red light and go off.
I have charged it until the white light went out but it still won't come on.
I guess im gonna leave it on charge all night and check up on it from time to time..
Sadly im not currently happy with this product...

They have changed from 5 clicks to 3 clicks with the newer version...

From a few posts back
I thought you guys would like to know that the STORM now has an improved operation system that is much simpler:

To turn on, press the button 3 times
To select temp, hold down the button
The light will now blink while it is heating up, and will be solid when it has reached temp.

This is now in line with the way most vapes work, and is exactly what our customers have been asking for, so we're happy to make these changes :-)

So the two versions are 5 clicks to turn on/off with 3 clicks to change temp

Or

3 clicks to turn on/off and hold to change temp

Could just be a low battery or mixing up the two version methods

Anyway welcome to FC :cheers: hoping you get it figured out, if not and there is a problem I'm sure vapefiend will lookafter you :nod:

Mr. China

Here's my initial thoughts about the device after about two weeks of use. All in all this is a great device considering the price range. Vapor quality is decent and the taste is good. I also feel the device is pretty efficient as you get decently with a quite small amount of herb. You do get the most out of the vape with the chamber fully filled, but it also works well with smaller amounts.

Battery life is ok. The light turns green after around five sessions on low-med temps indicating that there is less an 60% charge left. I have never drained the battery completely but I guess you get around ten five-minute sessions out of a full charge.

The biggest drawback of the device would be that it gets quite hot. You can actually burn your lips a little bit and most of my friends commented about this while using the device. I found that mot drawing on the end of the mouthpiece, but rather putting it a little bit deeper into your mouth helps alleviate this issue.

I also ordered the case with the storm logo on top which I think is pretty cool. It's also good for keeping cleaning tools with you on the go. One good thing about the Storm is that it doesn't really require that much cleaning. I haven't used the device too much but after 10+ sessions the vape is still quite fresh with me just brushing off the metal parts of the MP and the insides of the chamber.

All in all I'm really pleased with the device. I initially planned to get this as an entry level vape and save up fpr something fancier, but I think I will just with this one for now. Cheers!:peace:

Edit. I just thought of something. I'm living in a cold and dark place and am waiting for winter to pass. Last night I left the device in my car while at my GF's house and when coming home the device was cold and wouldn't heat up. It turned on fine but while selecting a temp it flashed red three times. After numerous attempts and warming up the vape in my hands I finally got it to heat up. I reckon this has something to do with the device or battery being too cold and we'll have to see how things pan out as the weather gets colder. BTW the battery indicator was white (full) when switching on the vape.

Last edited:

UnshavenFish

The biggest drawback of the device would be that it gets quite hot. You can actually burn your lips a little bit and most of my friends commented about this while using the device. I found that mot drawing on the end of the mouthpiece, but rather putting it a little bit deeper into your mouth helps alleviate this issue.

The sleeve does a good job at keeping the unit cooler to hold, I'm weird (don't feel it) when it come to heat but friends have confirmed this, also the glass mouthpiece or GonG can help with heat at the mouthpiece.

maybe others that are more sensitive to heat could comment here.

Top Bottom