Storing your ABV

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
I was trying to find a solid answer on here and wasn't successful. I'm curious to find out how people store their ABV, I personally have been storing a few months worth in a zip-lock bag. Just curious to know how other people store theirs and if it matters how it is stored or not.

AgentofChaos,

PerseusStoned

I store mine in an old cream cheese container (post-cleaning of course) in a dark cabinet. It can affect the Thc degradation but I (obviously) don't really think it matters very much.

PerseusStoned,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
i dump my vapor poop into a small cup and dump it outside when full. i've tried re-vaping the poop and it just doesn't work and smells bad, too. my Bud Toaster is too efficient at extracting the actives.

Hippie Dickie,

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
Hippie Dickie said:
i dump my vapor poop into a small cup and dump it outside when full. i've tried re-vaping the poop and it just doesn't work and smells bad, too. my Bud Toaster is too efficient at extracting the actives.
That's unfortunate, what did you try making and how much duff did you use? I haven't tried cooking with it yet but I am really anxious to.

AgentofChaos,
Reactions: Kesli_47

MacRadish

I dump each sessions ABV into a quart Ball jar that is 3/4 full with Everclear. When full I double boil for about an hour. Strain. Continue double boiling. When it starts getting syrupy I stop. I then gently boil some water, melt two sticks of butter, add the syrup and slowly cook off any remaing alcohol. Following the standard directions for making cannabutter, I then make Eagle Brand Magic Cookie Bars that WILL toast you.

True story about my first batch:

Gave my neighbor ONE. Told him to eat about a quarter of it as I had no idea blah blah blah. 2:30 AM I get a call from him asking me all worried like if I spiked his cookie "with acid man 'cause I'm startin' to trip my balls off and I knew you wouldn't do that but then my heart started palpitating and I didn't know what to do so I called ya" I calmy assured him it's nothing but TH and asked if he ate the whole thing. He did.
That morning I wake up and there is an IM from the girlfriend of a co-worker who I also gave one too and issued the same warning. The IM is from around 2AM. She tells me my co-worker is power puking, seeing Buddha (he's Vietnamese) and keeps asking if he is still alive and/or if he is still breathing. NOT COOL she goes on to type. Yea, my fault. He too ate the whole thing.

I hear 4 out of 10 ppl don't really get off too well on edibles. I also hear 1 out of 10 get REALLY off. I eat one with milk when I get home from work and what I notice is my arthritis pain is subdued about 2 hours later.

MacRadish,
Reactions: Simon S

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
MacRadish said:
I hear 4 out of 10 ppl don't really get off too well on edibles. I also hear 1 out of 10 get REALLY off. I eat one with milk when I get home from work and what I notice is my arthritis pain is subdued about 2 hours later.
It's kinda neat that you say this; when I vape, I find that I have to vape about every 2 hours for arthritis pain to stay away. When I eat an edible (eh, bad English....sorry), the pain stays away for about 12 hours total. The first time I ate a brownie I didn't handle it too well though.

Tom

(so I guess I will make chocolate potatoe chip cookies with my ABV)

tdavie,

MacRadish

tdavie said:
the pain stays away for about 12 hours total. The first time I ate a brownie I didn't handle it too well though.
Yep. Takes longer to come on but the lack of pain lasts much longer.

Another story.

My wife does not use TH. Never has. She has constant knee pain in both knees. One day I convinced her to try a medible from a place that was intially clueless about dosage per brownie. She ate 1/4 of it and got so f'd up she could barely speak much less walk. She absolutely cannot handle the effects of TH on the brain. However, she was pain free for the following 5 days! She would rather be in pain then high though. So we need to find the correct dosage where it curves the pain but does not cross the line to the brain. At the moment, she is a little gun shy about trying another medible. Especially now after hearing the story of my co-worker and neighbor on what I'm making.

MacRadish,
Top Bottom