Storing ABV in Different Liquids

YourPalHal

THC Exploiter
Hey all!

I just had a quick thought while I was staring at my bag of ABV. . . Would it be smart to have a mason jar filled with either oil or glycerin whose sole purpose was storing my ABV? Every time I vaped I'd put the remaining ABV into the jar, and I'm wondering if, without heat, this would still work to extract. I figure this way I'll still have a bit of tincture or oil at all times, and it would just get more potent the longer I waited. . . Just a thought!

Note: I've heard that this works with alcohol, but as I'm not a drinker, I was wondering if this would work with any other solvent.

Thanks so much, and as always. . .

Peace and Happy Vaping!

YourPalHal,

lepstadder

Sorry i dont have an answer for you

maybe if you stored it over an incandescent bulb like an easy bake oven, lol

lepstadder,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I had thought about this awhile back. My worry was I only want to extract some things from the plant material. Like with QWISO, you don't soak too long to avoid extracting all the extra BS. I now use the same theory for my everclear tinctures and try not to let them soak longer than I really need to. Same with glycerin tincture but since it isn't as strong a solvent it does require more time and a little heat. I personally think it's better to store the ABV dry and then do my recipes from that. It is a personal preference thing I think.

Lo,
Top Bottom