Gear Store your concentrate?

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Questions:

1. What is the best thing I can buy in the real world (not internet, need it immediately) to store concentrates? Assume it's either Hash or Oil, and a small amount about 5 grams.

2. Does anyone know what the potency drop off is? Like 1 week - half as potent etc?

3. Is there anything one can do to prolong the potency, freezing, airtight, etc?

I didn't see a topic for this question in "Concentrates"...

sessnet,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
1. I like keeping mine in little glass dishes. Without the internet I'd start with looking for
a) a glass dappen dish- beauty supplies store or a nail bar maybe. These sometimes come with a loose lid.
b) a glass tea-light candle holder, and then wrap with foil/paper/cling-film or something for a lid, and then on to 3.
Or c), if you're looking for something more secure and transportable maybe contact lens boxes from the pharmacy? I'm not familiar with contacts, but it's the first thing that springs to mind available in every town.

2. I've no idea, although it will be environmentally dependent, as well as dependent on the starting oil, so there will be no 'correct' answer IMO. Measureable over weeks, noticeable over months I expect.

3. Heat, light and air (oxygen specifically) aren't your friends. I would keep it in the dark freezer. Vacuum packed or packaged in a protective O2 free atmosphere would be even better.

They are my thoughts. :2c:

WatTyler,

weedemon

enthusiast
container options:
shot glass, egg cup holder, the glass lid off a candle (Clean it first!), parchment paper, glass mason jars (my go to storage device in all sizes for herbs.) If you have a headshop around ask for 1 dram or even half dram vials. i use those and then keep them in a tin away from heat, light, and moisture.

I think Mr Tyler, has taken care of the rest for you :)

weedemon,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
I'm surprised theres no graph/scientific data on #2..

Thanks for the advice dudes. Looks like off to the beauty supply store to look for some type of small, all-glass container.

sessnet,

Zipsort

This is what I use. $3 at walmart

IMG_0969.jpg

Zipsort,

Sour Deez

i store my dish along with other oil on folded parchment paper in a mason jar on its side, works great.

To preserve potency, i would say use same guidelines as buds. Airtight container, dark space.

Sour Deez,
Reactions: EyeFonez

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Each run in a separated Ppaper, all "in bulk" in an air tight glass container in the freezer!

FLskwat,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
IME i find that the best way to store your concentrates is in your head by keeping warm memories of the good times they gave you.. !:p
I never buy/make more than i need so i don't loose potency but if it happens.. I just store in the freezer in a parchment paper in tin foil.. I like tinfoil because it get really cold very fast :).
Qwet,qwiso,bho can be done in 5-10 minutes if you are prepared :)

Abysmal Vapor,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Abysmal Vapor said:
IME i find that the best way to store your concentrates is in your head by keeping warm memories of the good times they gave you.. !:p
I never buy/make more than i need so i don't loose potency but if it happens.. I just store in the freezer in a parchment paper in tin foil.. I like tinfoil because it get really cold very fast :).
Qwet,qwiso,bho can be done in 5-10 minutes if you are prepared :)

Lol "in your head". Best thing I read this week.

sessnet,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
^^^ lol, agreed !

However, the homefront doesn't allow 'private time' often, so make larger batch runs.

I have a cold storage and some small rounds ammo cases, so I put them either in very small masons then into the ammo case and into the storage. I've had some stored as long as 8 months (both qwiso or BHO), and havn't noticed a difference (other than compared to when its day 1 <--- the best), of potency nor taste.

Before getting purpose specialty sealed containers, I was using those tiny delicatessen mini jam jars, and they worked ok for a while.

smokum,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
whatever you do. i don't see the reason of storing it on the SURFACE of anything but parchment paper. It wont stick to it at all really, unless its some super nasty qwiso with a lot of plant matter or somethin.

its definitely a pet peeve of mine to see that oil sittin on the side of the dish stuck where i cant get to it easily. parchment and wrapped up inside a mason jar or somethin is the way to go.

MarcellusWiley,

stroh

errl enthusiast
i keep my oil in dishes, dont really notice much degradation as i always shoot for shatter/harder oils, and i always consume it within a week or two (i only do small runs)

stroh,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
I like the blue (or amber) oil containers - but the ones that THC Scientific started selling have necks.

I would like to find a small glass jar - with no neck. Only thing I can think of is possibly some small face make-up product that you would go digging in with your finger. Maybe some expensive Oil-Of-Olay container or something.

I am going to scout out some beauty stores like I promised before and hope to find something cool.

sessnet,

druminfected

sessnet said:
I like the blue (or amber) oil containers - but the ones that THC Scientific started selling have necks.

I would like to find a small glass jar - with no neck. Only thing I can think of is possibly some small face make-up product that you would go digging in with your finger. Maybe some expensive Oil-Of-Olay container or something.

I am going to scout out some beauty stores like I promised before and hope to find something cool.

just seen the assortment of THC concentrate jars and they are pretty cheap, considering i just bought one from another site that almost cost double in price :/

I know what kinda jars your talking about though, and seen them in a couple of videos on youtube at a few dispensaries, I'm kinda interested too but these 5ml ones I got are pretty nice. the neck isn't so bad since the container is so small. You usually using a tool anyway with concentrates rather than ur finger, but yeh depends on the concentrate.

druminfected,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
The neck is VERY subtle on those blue violive (or whatever they're called) bottles, i have no problems getting various concentrates out of the few that I have

SF Giant,

dibdab

I use a 5ml VioLiv jar and it works great for everyday use on the go. They also make bigger jars if the 5ml isn't enough.

dibdab,

niall

There's a post somewhere in these forums about a small glass vial supplier - can't seem to find it via Search though, anyone know who they were? I think the poster recommended their blue screw bottles for concentrates as they were tiny...

niall,

Fulvic

I use parchment baking cups and store them in polypropylene specimen containers, if the concentrate is to be used. I also store my concentrates as an ethanol extract in the freezer and vacuum evaporate when needed. It's much more stable this way, so I can stock up.

Fulvic,

Fulvic

Nearly all of my lab equipment has been ordered through Thomas Scientific. I use Leakbuster specimen containers (90 mL), caps are secured/removed with a quarter turn.

Leakbuster-specimen-container-500-3000-W9S.jpg

The dimensions are perfect for two baking cups, but I wouldn't recommend them for storing concentrate without parchment. You might find what you're looking for at SKS Bottle.

Fulvic,

my name is erl

I know where your mama parks your house!
i wouldn't worry about it so much. i've had oil kept in shitty plastic 1/8th containers stay strong over a year. i prefer small glass jars, not much bigger than you intend to contain

my name is erl,
Top Bottom