Storage Solutions (Refrigeration, Jars/Containers, Humidity, etc.)

JCat

Accessory Maker
Just purchased the following for storage/refrigeration:

https://www.newair.com/products/cc-100

cc-100-3_900x.jpg

Just wondering what everyone is using for storage solutions.

Personally I'm using the following:
- various sized mason jars for flower
- 6mL glass containers w/ silicone lids for rosin
- Boveda 62% RH packs

Squiby

Just wondering what everyone is using for storage solutions.

Personally I'm using the following:
- various sized mason jars for flower
- 6mL glass containers w/ silicone lids for rosin
- Boveda 62% RH packs

For flowers I use mason jars with a boveda pack, 62% or 59%, an oxygen pack, vacuum sealed and stored in a cabinet in a cool dark area.

Concentrates are stored in tiny miron glass jars, inside a glass sealed snap lock container inside the fridge. I've not noticed any deterioration in either and some of my stash is two years old.

JCat

Accessory Maker
Looks pretty cool, I have seen a lot of IG mentions of an upcoming Peltier-based (I believe) fridge called the TerpKooler that looks to be priced similarly.

https://www.instagram.com/terpkooler/
Yeah ... it's essentially just a wine fridge. Since the price was so good that I got on this ($250 CAD shipped after taxes for an open box one with full warranty) I went with the actual cigar one with the Spanish cedar shelves/drawer and hygrometer.

Otherwise I was looking at this one for about the same price:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/NutriChef-C...Steel-Wine-Cigar-Cooler-PKTECC40/372620535473

LongDraw

All of these look pretty cool. I definetly love gadgets, and am getting close to not really have anything else to add to my toys haha. Pretty set on my favorite devices, storage, like mason jars or the brand jyarz, etc.

Checked out the terpkooler but not released yet. Looks very nice.

Also found a curidor fridge as well, which looked good and is available now.

I like the above two since they use glass shelves rather than wood. I can't find any video reviews of the curidor yet. Will have to look some more, not sure if it is fairly new or not, just suprised nothing came up after a quick search.

From what i read on the above, I would think somethign that can regulate humidity on its own would be really nice. It looked like all the above you had to manually manage humidity, i am guessing by packs like boveda, etc.

howie105

Just wondering what everyone is using for storage solutions......Various jars and a dark locker in a cool basement.

howie105,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Dabtanian

Flower:
- Mason jars.
- Jyarz (glass).
- Boveda packs.

Concentrate:
- Jyarz (silicone).
- Terptrap.
- Small silicone & glass jars.

Flowers kept in a dark cupboard and con's are kept in fridge.

I do keep pondering a small battery powered insulin cooler for cons out and about at events in summer, but then i remember i live in uk and not cali and most of the time its really not that warm here....

Last edited:

JCat

Accessory Maker
From what i read on the above, I would think somethign that can regulate humidity on its own would be really nice. It looked like all the above you had to manually manage humidity, i am guessing by packs like boveda, etc.
The NewAir CC-100 I ordered has a "moisture container" included. You can add water or sponge to the container, and you bring the RH of the entire unit to 5% above the desired humidity to start, then you put your stuff in there.

You could then for example use a large Boveda pack (or multiples) to maintain RH of the entire unit. That's one of the advantages of the cigar cooler units vs a wine cooler ... they are sealed so you can control the RH. The NewAir one has Spanish cedar shelves/drawer which helps maintain the overall RH once initially balanced.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Mason jars with boveda or boost 62's + hygrometer for storage. Cvault x-small for day flower use, no bovedas. Various large glass dab jars from my old caregiver for rosin and hash. The room is kept between 50-70F depending on the time of the year. I notice the lower temps also seem to lower the humidity levels in the jars by a couple points. Anytime I open the jar it stinks up the whole room!

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
All of these look pretty cool. I definetly love gadgets, and am getting close to not really have anything else to add to my toys haha. Pretty set on my favorite devices, storage, like mason jars or the brand jyarz, etc.

Checked out the terpkooler but not released yet. Looks very nice.

Also found a curidor fridge as well, which looked good and is available now.

I like the above two since they use glass shelves rather than wood. I can't find any video reviews of the curidor yet. Will have to look some more, not sure if it is fairly new or not, just suprised nothing came up after a quick search.

Ok Terpkooler pre-orders on up!

$199 for this week instead of $299! I got my order in.

And yes, you have to manually control humidity.

LongDraw

I usually just order from amazon. did recently again. they now have come in resealbe bags which is nice. The very first set, can't remember where i got them from, but were not in resealble bags. No issues though cause you just put them in one. Should be able to find multiple percentages as well through amazon or the boveda website.

Squiby

Where do folks get the 62% Boveda packs?
Yeah, me too. I get my Bodeva packs from Amazon. I usually get the 62% but I prefer the 58% when they're occasionally available.

Do you vaccum seal the jars in a bag or do you extract the air from jars somehow?
I don't use bags or plastic of any kind. Mason jars are available in several sizes, ranging from 125ml to a couple gallons. I extract oxygen from the jars in two ways.

So I fill the smallest mason jar that will accommodate my dried and cured bud so that the amount of oxygen in the jar is minimized. I add a Bodeva pack and a oxygen absorber. Then I vacuum seal the mason jar. The process is that you place the snap lid on the jar. The lid is covered by a foodsaver vacuum cover. The vacuum sealer makes a connection on top and it sucks out the oxygen creating a vacuum and the Snap lid becomes sealed against the jar. The foodsaver comes off and then the screw lid is tightened onto the jar.

When you go to open the jar, you unscrew the lid and then use something to break the vacuum from the Snap lid. It always makes that swooshing noise.

The oxygen pack is just a failsafe. It will absorb residual oxygen and create a tighter vacuum inside the jar.

So you can use either, or, or both the oxygen packs and the foodsaver mason jar vacuum sealers to extract oxygen and vacuum pack bud.

Verax

MasonJar

125ml Mason Jars for me with either a 62% or 58% small boveda pack inside. I find 125ml just right for storing 3.5 or 7 gram weed you can buy off the Ontario Government's website (ocs.ca). Not too big so there is less oxygen inside the jar and a small sized boveda fits right inside.

01.jpg

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I only use Boveda packs in my C-Vaults which all have a little pocket to hold the packs above the herb.
For those of you who use jars, etc. is it okay if the packs touch the herbs?
Does that keep the herbs from being evenly humidified? (I have no idea what the correct terminology is - hopefully you get what I am saying!)

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
I put packs in mason jars all the time and store herb for many months and never have a problem with proper humidification. The packs can touch your herb...makes no difference...at least, in my experience. :nod:

As long as the packs are never compromised through being torn, you should be good to go. :tup:

Verax

This is WAY more light than usual in the vape dungeon, but had to for better pics. :) I've been using this setup for about 4 months now. Freezer for really long term storage, and in here for all the potential "daily drivers".

I currently organize by effect. Top shelf is energetic, second is hybrids, 3rd is night time / sedentary, bottom is CBD, and other products.

20191007-DSC04857.jpg

Top Bottom