• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Still undecided on gift. EQ or herbalAire?

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
I posted this question last week, and I still can't make up my mind! I want to buy a vape for my son for x-mas. He loves my Q and only uses bags with it. I would just buy another Q, but my concern was that my son breaks things easily. He just busted a pretty nice bong last week. The Q has a lot of glass that I foresee breaking.

The herbalAire was brought to my attention as a sturdier model that fills bags well and no glass. I was pretty much convinced I was going to go this route, but my wife made a good point. She wondered if he would still like the Q better, and ultimately not want to use the herbie.

So, here I am. I need to do this SOON, to get it by x-mas. Do I just buy another Q? It's a known performer for us, and we would then have a lot of interchangeable parts. Or do I go herbie and hope it fills bags as well or better than the Q, and that he falls in love with it.

Anyone? This is turning out to be a tough decision! I think selfishly I would like to buy the herbalAire, as it would give me another toy to play with.

I guess my question is, all things being equal (price is about the same), which vape is better for filling bags? Or, what vape is better for a 22 YO who is interested in mostly filling bags with thick vapor? Do you think he will be as happy with a herbie as we are with the Q?

Tstat,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
Tstat said:
I guess my question is, all things being equal (price is about the same), which vape is better for filling bags? Or, what vape is better for a 22 YO who is interested in mostly filling bags with thick vapor? Do you think he will be as happy with a herbie as we are with the Q?

How thick are the bags from the Q?, the herbie can get decently thick, but it is much thicker if you grind and use extra screens (it comes with screens that are a bit large for ground material) instead of going unground as intended.

Also choosing a higher temp can thicken up bags, but i usually err towards gradually increasing the temp and only the middle couple bags out of a crucible could really be called thick for me.

I'm pretty happy with the herbie and not looking further for bag filling, but at the same time, most of my use is the dbv, plus I'm not a die hard bag guy and haven't used the Q.

rabblerouser,

Nycdeisel

Of course, ANY vaporizer with moving parts(mainly pointing at bag vapes on this one) is going to have a higher chance of breaking. However, since he mostly wants bags, with as little glass as possible the HA seems like a better choice over the EQ for him.

PS: You're a cool father :cool:

Nycdeisel,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Hehe, thanks! The way I see it, I'd rather have him do this than drink, or smoke butts. When he was in HS I was not cool with it at all. I feel that "kids" should not do it. Mainly because they get caught easily and do stupid stuff. They tend to become unmotivated and use at the wrong or inappropriate times. He still does not understand daytime and nighttime varieties, LOL.

As far as bags go, he heats the Q up to 230, puts a tiny amount in the (raised) cyclone bowl and fills it up. The vapor is very thick. You could probably get more out of it, but it is such a small amount and at such a high temp, I just toss what's left.

Last night he filled a bag and it was taking forever. Once he was finally done, I took the elbow off, and it was just crudded up with resin. I don't use the bags, so I haven't looked at that elbow in a while. No wonder the bag was taking forever. All the pieces are soaking in 91% right now. Gonna try to get some oil, if the ISO evaporates correctly. So today it will be a PD day. No Q, hehe.

Oh yea...Q or Herbie? :peace:

Tstat,

Nycdeisel

I agree, cannabis is a hundred times safer then drinking or tobacco could ever be, I would feel the same way if I had kids of my own.

Nycdeisel,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I don't have the HA but from what I know about it, it seems to me that it's the better choice: no glass, no grinding, does bags nicely, and also what notmyrealUSERname said.

pakalolo,

OO

Technical Skeptical
i have an herbie, the pluses are that it's hard to break, it is small and lightweight, it's easy to know what temp you're at, and it is very consistent, it can be used with bag or whip, you don't break up the herb, it does very thorough extractions.

that being said, once you pack a crucible, you have to wait a bit to let it cool off, or dump it into an ashtray to let it cool, which takes about 30 seconds, sometimes the mouthpiece doesn't stay on (i contacted HA, they said they'd send me a new one, but it has already been a week EDIT: it came today and is perfect!), it tips over a shitton (especially if you add a larger, heavier whip), but the crucible is about medium sized, and can do small amounts, or large amounts.
BTW, it's easy to wash it too, and when i washed mine, i got about 5 hits of premium honey, and a bunch of lesser quality dark stuff.

OO,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Thanks everyone! Looks like I am going to with the HA...

Tstat,

steiner666

Serial vapist
well, i know i stopped by a bit late, as it sounds like you already made your decision. But i thought i'd still alleviate any of your doubts on HA's bag capabilities by posting a pic (from one of our other members) that shows what the HA can do with a crucible half-full of good herb at lower temps than most vapes (350F in this case):

goobagha.jpg

:brow: :o :ko:

You'll also have the added benefit of being able to run your EQ abv through the HA for more bags

:peace:

steiner666,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Wow. Great picture! Yea, if it can fill bags like that, then he is gonna LOVE it. Going to look on eBay right now for one :)

Tstat,

max

Out to lunch
Considering the reliability and versatility, along with a $170 delivered price on eBay, the HA is one of the very best vape buys on the market. :nod:

max,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Nice! Thanks everyone. I have not bought it yet, tomorrow for sure.

Tstat,

OO

Technical Skeptical
i have to say, never fill your bags like that, unless your goal is to punish your lungs.

mine get all asthmatic when they look like that.

OO,

nicelytoasted

Vaked Chemist
Nice pic, steiner!

Looks like a typical, weak, diluted, low vape to air bag, huh? :lol:

I find vape @ ~ 350F to be quite smooth and tasty, not hard on my lungs at all, especially through bub/water.

nicelytoasted,
Top Bottom