• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Sticky Brick Labs Vaporizer

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Heater number 2!

20160818_170206_zpsegq6upwu.jpg

20160818_170218_zpskpza8pjt.jpg

20160818_170244_zpslwa19roh.jpg

20160818_170200_zpsunmby4q8.jpg

More to come, one of which I'll leave you with a hint...He's an Italian plumber with piranha plant problem and a brother who helps but hasn't figured out yet that wearing white after labor labor day isn't cool!

The brothers are also know for getting high and racing karts around like idiots!

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

2bbf9j.jpg

Always wanted to take a shot at one of these. First try at a set.....

@Xchadb - I'd be honored brotha :rockon:
20160818_195405_zpsjpvevfsi.jpg

20160818_195353_zpswryo0u7p.jpg

20160818_195346_zpshpvksdrd.jpg

20160818_195330_zps5mtnvoy0.jpg

20160818_195312_zpsn2jkvec0.jpg

You guys are really killing it with this glass, great work! You're getting my Brick all excited...

dOj4fsW.jpg

lemmeadem

Sorry about before guys, it's been a Sticky week. XD

The pic (I don't have it on me right now) was of my air with the solo short stem in place of the intake glass on the brick. 10/10 vapor experience with the carbs covered.

Also rubbed some beeswax into this sucker after my last session. :D gr8 thymes all round!

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I have gotten the impression from what I have seen and read about it that it should actually do good double duty, big enough bowl that it could session for a group of people, but also pure convection (I am a convection loving guy) so easy enough to hit and walk away, come back later.
You are correct sir. I usually use my Brick as a one (or two) hitter. That's how I use most of my vapes, microdosing as needed.

On the other hand, there's nothing like having a brick session while watching tv. Load that big bowl up nice and full, kick back, and let the good times roll... :science:

bengaltiger

So I want to decide whether or not to save up for the Sticky Brick.

For those who have used it, how is the vapor quality and consistency compared to the e-nano, and how hard is it to accidentally combust? And can it fit in a pocket or small bag? Also, how good is the provided lighter, and what brands of butane do you use (this would be my first butane lighter)? And if there are any cons/learning curve, let me know too! How much better is it than other butane vapes?

ghost

\
For those who have used it, how is the vapor quality and consistency compared to the e-nano

Nice, though if we are comparing it to a ceramic element plug in vape, I would say it is more comparable to something like the Buddha Vape/SSV. I actually liken it to a portable butane powered DBV. Like the DBV, the bigger bowl size might seem intimidating, but giving it a stir after each hit makes a bowl last a while, and is surprisingly efficient.

how hard is it to accidentally combust?

Once you get your technique down, it is pretty hard to combust. You might get a little singing (sp?) in the middle of a bowl, but no real full on combustion.

And can it fit in a pocket or small bag?

Small bag, yes. Pocket, no...unless you got some big pockets, lol.

Also, how good is the provided lighter

Not that good, but can get the job done. I like the "honest" brand lighters. (like the ones that come with the Lotus package)

what brands of butane do you use

I'm running my last cans of old Vector 5x, but as far as stuff available now, I like Lucienne and Newport personally.

if there are any cons/learning curve, let me know too!

Remember the carb hole. I like to do about 2 second with the carb covered, and then alternate feathering a second each uncovered and covered 2 or 3 times. Also, as your lighter gets lower on butane you will have to move the lighter closer, as the flame gets lower.

How much better is it than other butane vapes?

I only have a Vapman and Lotus in addition to the Brick, but I prefer the Brick. Vapman is conduction, and tends to get the herb touching the metal almost burnt. The Lotus is good, but in mine one of the holes is a hotspot, so I have to rotate it as I hit it to avoid combusting under that particular hole.

I got one of the very first Bricks available on PIU, so mine is not the greatest build-wise, as you might expect from the first round of any product (blocks don't line up, glass has many imperfections, holes drilled uneven, etc) though looking through the thread it seems a lot of that seems to be remedied in the recent versions. Not to mention the things I listed above are aesthetic and don't effect function, functionally it is great.

A lot of vapes that I get I expect to use a lot, but don't end up using nearly as much as I had envisioned. The Brick is the opposite, I actually use it a lot more than I had anticipated originally.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
A lot of vapes that I get I expect to use a lot, but don't end up using nearly as much as I had envisioned. The Brick is the opposite, I actually use it a lot more than I had anticipated originally.
That's actually something I've been meaning to post and keep forgetting. I bought the Sticky Brick to use as a "special occasion" vape. It seemed like the perfect piece of functional art for that purpose.

It ended up being so amazing that I use it daily, and it's been overtaking my nano in usage lately.

@bengaltiger:
I find the vapor quality to be as good as the nano, the flavor isn't as good but the brick is smoother and can give bigger hits. The brick is also more suited to sessions, it has a much bigger bowl than the nano.

Its very hard to combust unless you get greedy going for too long/big of a hit, or if you never stir, have a flame that's too strong, or use the higher screen mod. In normal operation I don't have to worry about combustion at all.

In my opinion it is very easy to use and it had a small learning curve for me. The visible vapor in the mouthpiece helps a lot with that.

I don't have much experience with other butane vapes but I do know the brick is the fastest butane vape and one of the fastest vapes period as far as the time it takes to produce vapor from "cold". With proper technique and a strong flame you can get nearly instant vapor production, and even at its slowest it takes maybe 5 seconds to create vapor.

I couldn't recommend the Brick enough. I think it's one of the best vapes on the market today, butane or electric. The Sticky Brick Junior is on the way soon, and is much more portable:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/sticky-brick-junior-by-sticky-brick-labs.22355/

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
I come back from vacation and catch up on a few things whilst I've been off the radar and I have to say that of all the FC news I have caught up on this is the one that has overwhelmed my emotions, I must be going soft in my old age.
@StickyBricks and @mvapes collaboration. I don't know what to say without using the foul language I now reserve for the appropriate thread.
I am seriously made up for the pair of you the combination of wood and glass looks good anyways but MV's work takes glass to a new dimension.
Then to see @Xchadb's work and the possibility of himself and MV doing some stuff. WOW.
I love it all and wish all three of you the best of times.

justvapin

Enthusiastic Cannabis Consumer
Took the Brick to a cabin this weekend. Had three friends there that have basically never vaped, but are heavy combusters. I also had the Milaana and FF2.

The Brick was the star of the show. These guys were flattened by it. It was so much fun showing them how to use it. And then the effects. They were all blown away. All of them combust heavily, yet only one joint was smoked the entire weekend. At least one of them is going to buy a Brick immediately. He couldn't get enough of it. Pretty sure he will be converted. After hitting the Brick, none of them wanted to mess with the other vapes at all, or smoke.

Love the Brick.

Last edited:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Took the Brick to a cabin this weekend. Had three friends there that have basically never vaped, but are heavy combusters. I also had the Milaana and FF2.

The Brick was the star of the show.
That's awesome! How was the learning curve for them? I found the Brick really easy to use personally. I still haven't had the opportunity to let anyone else try it out yet. To be honest I worry about noobs combusting in my precious brick, but it's such a cool vape that I want to share the love with others anyway.

justvapin

Enthusiastic Cannabis Consumer
That's awesome! How was the learning curve for them? I found the Brick really easy to use personally. I still haven't had the opportunity to let anyone else try it out yet. To be honest I worry about noobs combusting in my precious brick, but it's such a cool vape that I want to share the love with others anyway.
For all but one of them, I never let them touch the torch. I handled the heat, which allowed me to make sure there were no accidental combustion events. The guy that it going to buy one, however, took to it so well that I was comfortable handing him the torch and letting him go to it. He had the technique down immediately, and enjoyed the experience immensely.

Love the Brick.

Last edited:

Philreal187

First thought.. "WOW that mario one is sick, oh shit it's got that tube plant on the bottom!!"

Seriously though all of that glass is outstanding and above and beyond any customized choices out there. Really love where this is all going guys!!!

GTAVaper

A while back I had posted that the mouthpiece was a no-go for me and that would mean that it would be relegated to usage only through a water piece.

Within minutes of my post, and actually before I finished editing it, I received a PM from @StickyBricks about my post that was truly unexpected and demonstrated incredible customer service and the desire to create the best Sticky Brick experience for every one of his customers.

I had asked @StickyBricks if it was alright that I post the contents of the PM and he was OK with it........and I decided to wait until the time was right to share it.....which is today.

So here it is, from August 4th, 2016............

@StickyBricks :

"I sincerely hope no one rips you up on the thread, I think your critiscm is well founded. Technique will come and the vapor should be cool, BUT, if the MP isn't working for you, let me get one built for you this weekend. Do you prefer it coming to a point like a spoon style bowl or more trumpet/flare style? No worries on cost, if the current mouthpiece doesn't work for you then you need something that does and that's my job. Hit me with your address and I'll get something mailed out Monday."

@GTAVaper :

Blown away by your response!
I was just editing my post again as a result.

I will post a couple of pics with the Brick mouthpiece beside a couple of mouthpieces in the thread and I don't know if something like that is possible with the existing MP since I am not a glassworker and am clueless as to what is possible.

But I won't say what you have offered to do for me right now.....although I could if you want me to.

But after it is made then I am sure that others would love to purchase one as an option; and I sure would love to show it off in posts in this thread and let people know what you did for me.

I had meant to get to sleep earlier but I think I can pictures up in about 20min or so. Again......your response was completely unexpected and really blew me away.

Have a great night!

@StickyBricks

Once you have it you are certainly free to post pics, or do whatever you want honestly. The only reason I pm'd you instead of replying on the thread was respect for your privacy, so if you feel the need to share this you certainly can, but it's not necessary. I am simply treating my customers how I want to be treated. This is one of the perks of dealing with an actual small business, personal service.

Any pics you have to give me an idea of what you like will help. Even links to dhgate will work just fine to give me a ballpark to work from.

Today I just received a package in the mail as a result of that PM and a new flared mouthpiece ended up at my door.

Well I can say that it works very well and also feels very comfortable against the lips. In a later PM, @StickyBricks told me that after trying it out, his wife now wanted one. I highly recommend this kind of mouthpiece for anyone as a highly comfortable alternative :)

Also, now that a couple of incredibly talented glassmakers are on board for aftermarket glass options for the Brick, I would love to see what exotic flared mouthpieces other Brick owners might be ordering ........and posting pics of afterward of course :rockon:

I won't apologize.......I love a well flared mouthpiece......it makes the whole experience so much more pleasurable :tup:

And now without any further ado ;) ...........

4mNYVFm.jpg

The photo that @StickyBricks sent me prior to mailing out the new mouthpiece, next two are my pics.

WLNDuNs.jpg

W58TByt.jpg

Thanks a ton @StickyBricks, I loved the vape, both how it looked as well as how it performed but the mouthpiece turned it into a water piece vape for me.........and I was looking for something smooth, and almost instant convection that could be hit without a water piece.

This new mouthpiece completely resolves the issues that I had with the original mouthpiece and also really feels amazing in use

I would just like to send out a symphony of "slow claps" in appreciation for the awesome customer service that @StickyBricks has provided in response to making this vape work for me.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

OK.....pretend that they are slow claps....lol.....or just keep hitting your Brick until they become slow claps ;) :D

Last edited:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
A while back I had posted that the mouthpiece was a no-go for me and that would mean that it would be relegated to usage only through a water piece.

Within minutes of my post, and actually before I finished editing it, I received a PM from @StickyBricks about my post that was truly unexpected and demonstrated incredible customer service and the desire to create the best Sticky Brick experience for every one of his customers.

I had asked @StickyBricks if it was alright that I post the contents of the PM and he was OK with it........and I decided to wait until the time was right to share it.....which is today.

So here it is, from August 4th, 2016............

@StickyBricks :

"I sincerely hope no one rips you up on the thread, I think your critiscm is well founded. Technique will come and the vapor should be cool, BUT, if the MP isn't working for you, let me get one built for you this weekend. Do you prefer it coming to a point like a spoon style bowl or more trumpet/flare style? No worries on cost, if the current mouthpiece doesn't work for you then you need something that does and that's my job. Hit me with your address and I'll get something mailed out Monday."

@GTAVaper :

Blown away by your response!
I was just editing my post again as a result.

I will post a couple of pics with the Brick mouthpiece beside a couple of mouthpieces in the thread and I don't know if something like that is possible with the existing MP since I am not a glassworker and am clueless as to what is possible.

But I won't say what you have offered to do for me right now.....although I could if you want me to.

But after it is made then I am sure that others would love to purchase one as an option; and I sure would love to show it off in posts in this thread and let people know what you did for me.

I had meant to get to sleep earlier but I think I can pictures up in about 20min or so. Again......your response was completely unexpected and really blew me away.

Have a great night!

@StickyBricks

Once you have it you are certainly free to post pics, or do whatever you want honestly. The only reason I pm'd you instead of replying on the thread was respect for your privacy, so if you feel the need to share this you certainly can, but it's not necessary. I am simply treating my customers how I want to be treated. This is one of the perks of dealing with an actual small business, personal service.

Any pics you have to give me an idea of what you like will help. Even links to dhgate will work just fine to give me a ballpark to work from.

Well, today I just received a package in the mail as a result of that PM and a new flared mouthpiece ended up at my door.

Well I can say that it works very well and also feels very comfortable against the lips. In a later PM, @StickyBricks told me that after trying it out, his wife now wanted one. I highly recommend this kind of mouthpiece for anyone as a highly comfortable alternative :)

Also, now that a couple of incredibly talented glassmakers are on board for aftermarket glass options for the Brick, I would love to see what exotic flared mouthpieces other Brick owners might be ordering ........and posting pics of afterward of course :rockon:

I won't apologize.......I love a well flared mouthpiece......it makes the whole experience so much more pleasurable :tup:

And now without any further ado ;) ...........

4mNYVFm.jpg

The photo that @StickyBricks sent me prior to mailing out the new mouthpiece, next two are my pics.

WLNDuNs.jpg

W58TByt.jpg

Thanks a ton @StickyBricks, I loved the vape, both how it looked as well as how it performed but the mouthpiece turned it into a water piece vape......and I was looking for something smooth that could be hit without a water piece.

But this new mouthpiece completely resolves the issues that I had with the original mouthpiece and also really feels amazing in use.
I'm so glad you can finally enjoy the Brick fully @GTAVaper. :D

It really is a fantastic vape, made all the more fantastic when taking into consideration the customer service you encountered!

pushpaw

So I got my new Sticky Brick yesterday. I actually arrived on Saturday but I always have things shipped to my work since where I live is plagued by 'porch pirates' so I don't ship to my home unless I know for sure I will be there when packages show up. Knowing it was in my work mailbox all weekend was a little maddening, but I somehow survived.

First impressions: Nice feel to it. Glass is definitely sturdy. Fit and finish could be a little better, the various wood pieces don't fit together perfectly flush but I am not bothered by this. They certainly fit together well enough. Torch arrived pre-filled, which I wasn't expecting.

I loaded some Girl Scout Cookies in it and tried my first go. Not much vapor and strong wood flavor. I remembered reading someone else saying that they had some wood bits in the intake hole so I checked and sure enough, a couple big chunks were half blocking the hole under the glass stem, so I used the stir stick to gently get them out of there. Tried again, still only light vapor but much much less wood taste this time.

I did notice something, though, and I wanted to ask about this: The intake hole in the wood, under the glass tube where you hold the torch, is not centered. It is over on side right at the inside edge of the glass tube. It is not blocked by the glass at all, but is right at the edge of the glass and so there is a fair bit of wood right under the intake tube, and not just hole. (I will take a picture and post it later if you want, or if my description is not making sense.) After just a few attempted hits I can see that the wood that is visible under the tube there is already scorched. Is this normal, or is this one drilled funky? Since I am still working on technique I cannot tell if it is having any effect on how the device is supposed to work.

I did manage one good hit so far, with vapor on par or at least close to what I've seen in videos online. I had a couple that were ok and a few that were wispy. I'm trying various things like adjusting the torch a bit, going slow then faster on the draw, etc. I think I noticed that feathering the carb a bit actually increases vapor production, but I had to stop experimenting as I had gotten pretty baked. So that part is definitely working! :tup:

I do think I will like the Brick a lot once I get my technique down.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I did notice something, though, and I wanted to ask about this: The intake hole in the wood, under the glass tube where you hold the torch, is not centered. It is over on side right at the inside edge of the glass tube. It is not blocked by the glass at all, but is right at the edge of the glass and so there is a fair bit of wood right under the intake tube, and not just hole. (I will take a picture and post it later if you want, or if my description is not making sense.) After just a few attempted hits I can see that the wood that is visible under the tube there is already scorched. Is this normal, or is this one drilled funky? Since I am still working on technique I cannot tell if it is having any effect on how the device is supposed to work.
My unit looks the same, I never noticed before. It's like the hole is too small, at first I thought it was just centered wrong.

SVctyZT.jpg

If it's affecting performance negatively than I can't tell because I love the way the Brick performs. The thought of it performing better is intriguing. The obstruction might be focusing the heat too much, perhaps I could stir less if it wasn't there, maybe even extract more of the load at once.

It's also possible that the hole might need to be that small to focus the heat properly. I'm curious if other people have the same issue. Perhaps it is part of the design. Being off center could also help create turbulence which could actually cause less hot spots in the bowl.

I'm tempted to try to carefully drill it out but I can't risk messing up my precious Brick! :love:

pushpaw

My unit looks the same, I never noticed before. It's like the hole is too small, at first I thought it was just centered wrong.

SVctyZT.jpg

If it's affecting performance negatively than I can't tell because I love the way the Brick performs. The thought of it performing better is intriguing. The obstruction might be focusing the heat too much, perhaps I could stir less if it wasn't there, maybe even extract more of the load at once.

It's also possible that the hole might need to be that small to focus the heat properly. I'm curious if other people have the same issue. Perhaps it is part of the design. Being off center could also help create turbulence which could actually cause less hot spots in the bowl.

I'm tempted to try to carefully drill it out but I can't risk messing up my precious Brick! :love:

Yep, that is exactly what mine is looking like, thanks for the pic. I did have the thought that maybe it was off center on purpose to create some kind of airflow effect, but the char I was seeing made me less certain. I would guess that the charred bit will eventually get as charred as it can, and so maybe the Brick has a legit 'burn in' period haha. I am not bothered by a tiny bit of char, at least as long as that is an intended part of the design. I don't want to taste burnt wood forever, though, but that doesn't seem to be the case for you or others. I had already read that there may be a bit of woodiness for the first few bowls, and that is fine.

I can't wait to get home from work and give it another go. It's all freshly loaded (Sunset Sherbert this time) and ready for me.

Top Bottom