Sticky Brick Labs Vaporizer

C-weed

I truly hope that I did not offend you my friend....this vape is absolutely sexy as can be and has actually persuaded me from purchasing another well known vape that lists around the $700 range...so you should be very proud of yourself...I am just a picky person and love that smooth wood look of that dark walnut..wow! nothing but love for the Brick as I hope to soon be a member of the club.

GTAVaper

Not offended at all! I was on the fence about that one, and you just convinced me my original thought of not putting that one for retail was probably right. Thank you so much for the input and getting a walnut Brick!

Good call! I would be unhappy to receive a Sticky Brick with that wood surface in my order.

But some people may actually want that kind of surface texture ......so if you put it on the site wit a pic/description then I'm sure that it will find the right home where it will be loved :)

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
what's the weight capacity of a full chamber?
That's all subjective. If you wanted to though...I can see it holding a gr. EASILY!

In actuality I probably pack .25 or less. Vaping with it in smaller batches retains the flavor of an already great device even longer.

@StickyBricks you've made the right decision about the unit with worm holes.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I'm usually in the .05-.1 gram range. Sometimes I pack a luxurious .2 in the chamber. I think with my fluffy grind I could fit about a half a gram without packing it in. With a fine grind and packing I agree with @WakeAndVape that a gram might be possible.

I'm a cloud chaser that likes flavor, so I tend to like smaller loads in my vapes so I can have fresh more often. The Sticky Brick is easily capable of pumping out flavorful clouds with small amounts of material. Of course, the flavor and vapor density does increase with more material in the chamber.

sixstringsmash

So I just received my unit the other day so I don't have all the nuances down quite yet and this could be due to user error but I also seem to prefer lighter loads. Even without the advantage of flavor I just seem to prefer a smaller load because I have been noticing the larger loads don't vape quite as evenly and require some extra stirring compared to a smaller load. On a side note since were talking about our loads how do you guys prefer your grind size and do you pack your bowls down at all? I'm noticing that I seem to prefer a more coarse grind with this vape.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
My grind is about medium, maybe on the coarse side, and fluffy. I use the same grind for all my vaporizers, which are mostly convection.

I usually don't pack, if I do it is very lightly just to even out the height of the load.

I agree that small loads require less stirring. And the coarser the grind the less stirring necessary in my experience.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
So I just received my unit the other day so I don't have all the nuances down quite yet and this could be due to user error but I also seem to prefer lighter loads. Even without the advantage of flavor I just seem to prefer a smaller load because I have been noticing the larger loads don't vape quite as evenly and require some extra stirring compared to a smaller load. On a side note since were talking about our loads how do you guys prefer your grind size and do you pack your bowls down at all? I'm noticing that I seem to prefer a more coarse grind with this vape.
For me I don't have a specific grind ritual with this vape...it's very accommodating as long as the screen is covered.

If i have dry material already and I can find my finishing grinder....I'll go for the fine grind.

Doing so makes clouds the fastest and they are very dense.

But a deep fine pack also makes it more likely to char if not careful.

Under normal circumstances it's sticky...like the brick.

In which case, I'll do small nugs, hit it to dry them out and then finger crush and reload.

djchexxx

I just do a coarse grind and put just enough of material to cover the screen. That way you can just take one fat rip and clear it, or take a few smaller low temp hits and just shake the the brick around a little bit to "stir" it. As someone said before I like using the small frequent loads to constantly have the great taste :D

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I received my Xing torches the other day. It took me 18 days total to get them from China. I bought it based on @nondarb 's recommendation in the Daisy thread:
Speaking from experience with quite a few torch lighters including some bigger pricier brands like Firebird, Xicar and Scorch Torch I've got to say, sometimes you just get a turd. My vapman lighter has acted similarly to your honest brand and it's highly regarded.. all of the sudden it doesn't ignite well and the flame got sort of "bushy". Purging and installing a new piezo didn't yield better results unfortunately. Lots of folks swear by them and have used them for years.

Similarly one of the "power" type torches that originally came with the triihouse vapes has been nothing but trouble whereas the other I ordered has been excellent? (Still a steal at under $3!!)

My absolute best experiences have been with Xing brand www.dx.com/p/pear-shaped-1300-c-windproof-butane-jet-torch-lighter-grey-black-182723#.Vx0hmaAo7Fo , used one for 4+ months and never had a single issue. Very focused sharp flame, ignites first go. Have since ordered a few more all of which have been trouble free, granted not put through the paces just yet.

I half expect someone to order a Xing and it arrive DOA. I can hear it now, DAMN YOU NONDARB!!!!!

Sounds like the "jet" nozzle that disperses the gas was damaged, if you're feeling adventurous and kept your other dead torches you could likely swap jets. Its usually an easy swap, I've had this happen a time or two because I always remove the annoying protective guard!

Here is the Amazon listing I used: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005TOOI5A/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The picture is confusing, you only get one torch, and it's a random color. I bought three to get a variety of colors and have a couple backups. And also in case one was a dud. I ended up getting yellow, red, and grey. They all look good.

I've only used the grey so far, and it is perfect. My Eagle is a little weak, and my Torch brand is a little strong, plus it's started sputtering. The Xing can go as low or as high as I need. It has a great range of temperatures and seems like the ideal torch for the Sticky Brick.

There is a link in @nondarb 's post for a cheaper source, I just preferred to use Amazon since I already have an account.

Oogendoogan

The straight Zico torch I have from puffitup is awesome on a low setting. It's my go to for a pretty normal sesh, big hits, medium temp. I also got 4 bigger eagle torches for a great price from Amazon. I can't find the link but I found it in the daisy thread, it was 4 of them for like $9 and they are bigger than the ones that come with the brick, they have a much bigger flame and kinda look like a small Creme brulee torch. I can use these for higher temp hits. I can extract a good sized load in 2-3 hits every time with these. I only use the stock eagle for flavor and it works great, I can not see myself combusting with this torch if I tried.

Learning to use my brick better every day has been fun. I can pretty much just hold the flame in one place now and get huge rips, I only move the torch like an inch up or down to correct temperature. This is by far becoming the easiest to use butane vape I have tried. I can still taste a little wood in my walnut brick but it no longer covers the flavor of my herb at all. I can go from my EVO to the brick and the flavor is still amazing, I am still hoping that the wood can some how completely go away with time. I guess with a vape designed like this that may just be something to live with and its ok, this thing is great in so many ways because of the simple, wooden design. I guess we will find out because I'm still driving daily with the brick :tup: have a great day everyone. Thought I'd stop in while I had some time to talk bricks :wave:
Cheers,
Stay vaped :peace::leaf:

justvapin

Enthusiastic Cannabis Consumer
Over the weekend, I started poking around the holes under the bowl.....and my screen fell out. I haven't taken it out in a while because it basically stays clean. Anyway, when I looked at the area under the screen it was full of "debris".....I assume it was tiny particles of AVB that passed thru the screen (I do stir quite a bit, which creates a good bit of fine particles), but it looked like a pile of fine wood shavings darkened by heat. Anyway, I scraped it all out, and immediately noticed an improved airflow, and I think it allowed more of the herb flavor to shine through. I was amazed how much stuff was under that screen.

shaolinmilk

So the wood taste is completely gone from my walnut now (took a while). With the wood taste, the flavour was still good, however with it completely gone... it's honestly up there with the best of em. Not to mention, you get so damn medicated and the vapour is clean and satisfying from start to finish. None of my vapes can retain the flavour throughout a session like the Brick. It's honestly so damn satisfying!

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Over the weekend, I started poking around the holes under the bowl.....and my screen fell out. I haven't taken it out in a while because it basically stays clean. Anyway, when I looked at the area under the screen it was full of "debris".....I assume it was tiny particles of AVB that passed thru the screen (I do stir quite a bit, which creates a good bit of fine particles), but it looked like a pile of fine wood shavings darkened by heat. Anyway, I scraped it all out, and immediately noticed an improved airflow, and I think it allowed more of the herb flavor to shine through. I was amazed how much stuff was under that screen.
The mp section sometimes needs to be scraped on the bottom like that also, but it's usually more honey/resin than plant material.

subway13029

Yeah in my older version of the brick the screen was notorious for collecting the debris under it..and man o man sometimes you dont realize how much performance is actually struggling until you clean it and you have to back off that torch a lil..but it is a super easy vape to maintain..and oh yeah clouds...and flavor..

pandaphysics

My friend is borrowing my brick and I'm just realizing this is probably a problem with my brick.... mmm now I feel bad.

pandaphysics,
Reactions: Vapor_Eyes

djchexxx

Just wondering if anyone has found a way to use this with water while waiting for the hydrobrick?
+1 I think it would be cool if they could possibly just make a whip adapter.

Something like this but obviously just big enough to fit the mouthpiece hole. Not sure how much the hydro attachment will cost but this may be a cheaper option. Maybe some glassblowers on here can start making them?
arizer-elbow-adapter.jpg

lemmeadem

Found this on page 16 of the daisy thread - essential reading for this crowd imo.

'I had issues with charring in my bowl last week.The screen seemed fine from above.blowing through the carb hole i noticed quite a bit of restriction though.it turns out,that below the screen was choc full of resin.I removed the screen with a dab tool and emptied out quite a pile of dry dust.'

Everyone who's looking for info should head on over to the Daisy thread, maybe migrate some of the knowledge over to this thread?

Top Bottom