Sticky Brick Labs Favorite Munchies Contest!

grokit

well-worn member
ipe46LR.jpg

almost there

YES! Please share the bone broth process, as well.

You are eating real food! I salute you!! BLESS YOU beyond belief for saving money the RIGHT way!!

**happy dancing**

Oh, you should win. My opinion. there ya go.

Please don't vote for this, this is just for fun(my entry is post #91)

Thanks for your kind words, so here it is my process of making Tonkontsu Miso Ramen. As a little bit of background info- Tonkotsu ramen is a thick pork based soup thats popular in the southern region of Japan known as Kuushu prefecture. The broth is much heavier and richer than the other popular styles of ramen. To me there is no greater soul food than hot delicious broth that's been made from scratch and takes hours to boil. This is just made from the stuff I saved in the freezer(bones from last week's pernil, seafood shells), onion, garlic, dried shiitake mushrooms, seaweed, and ginger.
GcNrUBb.jpg

Boiled for 2 hours, I used a chopstick to scoop out all the marrow from the bones and tossed all the shells and bones after.
ggN9CjI.jpg

After that I add miso paste, soy sauce, white pepper till I like the flavor
GjJwl4l.jpg

Once the broth is done it's ladled into liter size tupperware to be used for however long it would last. A typical pot would yield 6 to 7 containers of soup, each container holds enough broth for 2 servings. This is one version of a finished product, depending on what vegetables, pickles or meat I have it will always be different. In this one I added sliced pork belly, scallions,pickled bamboo shoots and a sheet of seaweed
HsLxo7e.jpg

Here you go another low cost, nutritious meal that will taste as fine as any meal you can pay for. The cost of the broth was minimal, almost all the ingredients were recycled. The cost of a bag of fresh ramen is $4 for 8 servings, anything else you garnish with is at your discretion.

It was tough as hell not having work and not being able to take my girls to restaurants. I knew every week's sale circular by memory and circulate between the 4 supermarkets by me. These were my efforts in being a house dad and I cherish all these memories. I'm happy to say I've been working solid for a few months but I go back to these dishes always because they keep me humble and they are my soul food.

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
Sunsweet Chopped Dates ... by the fistful.
125gk9c.jpg

I eat a few fistfuls and I am good.
They are good also in steel cut oats, and mixed into any generic brownie mix.
(we use olive oil in place of vegetable oil, and we separate the yolk from egg and use 1/3 of the yolk)
The chopped dates makes it so delightful, one would never recognize the missing ingredients.

I however like them plain!

Philreal187

On a chilly and rainy sunday evening with nothing to do the vapes will all get a turn. Once the munchies start to call the creativity is activated. When opening the cupboard and searching up and down you realize no part of you is ready to cook. After another scan of the shelves a decision was made!

yWOnJwb.jpg

Chocolate, peanut, cream, vegan and full of GMO ;)

Now after that snack and another session it's time for a night cap.

8NsfICx.jpg

Thanks @StickyBricks and @Slow Draw McGraw for this fun delicious contest!!

rosedale

wow! WOW! please invite me over, I dream about meals like this:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:. Can you tell me how to cook chicken like that in a grill? The color is perfect

Sure thing. First you have to cut out the backbone so you can lay it flat (google spatchcock). Otherwise the white meat will be dry before the dark meat cooks. Then cook it indirectly (no heat directly below the bird, so move the coals to the side if you have a kettle grill or turn one of your burners off if you have gas) at 375 until the breast meat reads 160 in the deepest part (probably 1 - 1.5 hours). Let it rest for about 10 minutes before you cut into it.

As a bonus, this gives you at least an hour to stand outside enjoying a drink or a toke before you come inside with the bird being treated like a conquering hero from your family and/or friends.

Good luck!

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Have had it in a long time,but since a kid banana flambe was my favorite thing to watch and eat for a very long time :D ... I think it unlocked my pyropassion lately. I rarely eat other animal products except good chocolate,so maybe thats why i gave up on it.Thx for this contest ,it reminded me of my long lost passion and rediscover it in a new way :). Totally doing this as soon as i get my hands on some ripe 'nanas.

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
Thank you everyone for participating in our Contest! It was fun reading all the delicious munchies everyone posted! It's also fun to give back to the FC community.

Our finalists are:

1. @SSVUN~YAH with 30 likes
2. @Enchantre with 22 likes
3. @banana_republic with 22 likes
4. @VAPEHUNTER with 20 likes
5. @snackmaster with 20 likes
6. @bounce5 with 19 likes
7. @HSIHP with 19 likes
8. @Winegums with 19 likes
9. @invertedisdead with 19 likes

We had 5 People tie for the 10th spot with 18 likes and we decided to include them in the drawing as well
A) @Shit Snacks
B) @muunch
C) @Hjalmark
D) @Joaon
E) @DieHard

Results are being uploaded to YouTube as we speak. I will upload as soon as it's done!

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
The winner of the Sticky Brick Labs Favorite Munchies Contest is:

Congratulations @Hjalmark!
You are the winner of the Sticky Brick Labs Favorite Munchies Contest!

We truly appreciate everyone's participation and all the fun provided over the last few weeks! All the tasty and healthy treat ideas will keep me and @StickyBricks busy!

Thank You so much

Sticky Brick Labs

Top Bottom