Sticky Brick Junior by Sticky Brick Labs

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
How have these units held up over time? Has anyone ever needed to clean the bowls or air path inside the unit? Cause I know you shouldn’t be using ISO in it. Don’t own one. But that has turned me off, not being able to clean airpath in unit and bowl.
I mostly just get kief kind of fluff build up. Sometimes it can get sticky under the screen in the bowl, I just use a tool/pick to scrape it out. There isn't much of a airpath on the jr, it's a pretty easy cleaning job. Well, sometimes removing the screen is tricky.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Is Zippo butane a good choice for the SB and SBJ? It's what I have already for my vapcap torches and I'm just curious if I'll need to be on top of that and upgrade once I get one.

Last edited:
bossman,
Reactions: Whissmu

yourtokingbuddy

How have these units held up over time? Has anyone ever needed to clean the bowls or air path inside the unit? Cause I know you shouldn’t be using ISO in it. Don’t own one. But that has turned me off, not being able to clean airpath in unit and bowl.

I bought mine second hand and semi-regularly clean it with a barbed pipe cleaner through the air pathways and the herb chamber (BTW - You can keep it cleaner by using Storz and Bickle Dosing Capsules. Absolutely recommended in my opinion. Easier packing/unloading, less mess, less screen maintenance). I asked Sticky Brick Labs directly how to go about cleaning the airway and this is the response I got:

StickyBrickLabs on Reddit said:
As far as cleaning goes, you can get long wooden cotton swabs pretty cheap and they are very affective. We recommend hot water, but as long as you don’t touch the outside finish you can use iso alcohol on the swab. Just be sure to really squeeze the swan and don’t let any excess iso remain.

Whissmu

for me it is the only negative point of the bricks :\ ... its cleaning luckily I forget every time I release a great cleaning :sherlock:

I do not like to use more than paper:goon:, I form long strips and with the stick I rub, scrape and clean .. slow but necessary task every so often ... luckily I do not need to clean often and now that I have another brick I will take more time to clean it. If the task of cleaning is when I do just finished a bowl the cleaning time is shortened to half, with hot junior leaves everything better :rockon: !!

image.jpg

hopla

Having a Da Vinci IQ, i can only say the Sticky Brick is very easy to clean :D
Put your glass (rarely the intake as it is not dirty when you use pure butane) in Isopropanol and shake it! shake it baby!! (any Bowie fan in here?)
then the air path as some residue can fall of the screen (you feel it as you aspire then you'll clean to not experiment that sort of hassle again) some Q tips do the job efficiently (and you can blow some air from all the holes to drive those particles out of the air path too).
VapelifeX has a good (as always) video about cleaning the SB

Evilevile

986g5w.jpg

13z2zo5.jpg

Medium/Long A-maze cooler from shop.lamart.ch

I tried the small insert first, which fits better, but settled for the longer insert.

I also have a small screen under the mouthpiece and a ball of degummed hemp fibre under that.

I end up with smooth, cool, filtered vapor.
And nice clean looking reclaim in the mouthpiece.

Last edited:

hopla

I love the Sticky Brick Junior i only have an issue to get the same result over and over.
I think there could be a solution:
find a way to "harness" the torch to the in-take and secure the position once you found your sweet spot.
How could we "block" the torch lighter in front of the in-take with a sliding mechanism that would allow to chose between different positions of the lighter.
(the recommandation on another topic of a keck clip gave me the idea: so a keck like clip for a torch lighter?!? does that seem doable?)

StickyBricks

Manufacturer
Hi everyone, we wanted to announce the Restrictor Disc (which seems timely for the above discussion). We feel this is a substantial upgrade, especially for inexperienced users, but really for anyone. The Restrictor Disc will allow for a larger flame and less concern about technique. It will work in all existing devices and will ship with all of our products going forward. Some earlier units have a smaller hole from intake to bowl and the Restrictor can be flipped and inserted into the glass intake, rather then down towards the bowl area. Our goal was to make our devices more consistent and accessible while retaining the large clouds we are are known for. The Disc is easily removable for those that prefer more manual control or have their technique down. The Restrictor is essentially a T-Nut that you can find at most hardware stores. The difference is ours are 316 stainless steel which are made for high temperature situations. Most hardware stores (Home Depot, Lowe’s, etc) will only have zinc plated, which is not safe to use with high temps. We highly recommend NOT using any aluminum/nickel/zinc parts for our products. We want to get these out to our existing customers in a fair and cheap manner. The Restrictor Disc will be available on our site by the end of the week and we will be offering a two-pack for $4.50 shipped until the end of September. After September shipping will not be included.

hopla

Hi everyone, we wanted to announce the Restrictor Disc (which seems timely for the above discussion). We feel this is a substantial upgrade, especially for inexperienced users, but really for anyone. The Restrictor Disc will allow for a larger flame and less concern about technique. It will work in all existing devices and will ship with all of our products going forward. Some earlier units have a smaller hole from intake to bowl and the Restrictor can be flipped and inserted into the glass intake, rather then down towards the bowl area. Our goal was to make our devices more consistent and accessible while retaining the large clouds we are are known for. The Disc is easily removable for those that prefer more manual control or have their technique down. The Restrictor is essentially a T-Nut that you can find at most hardware stores. The difference is ours are 316 stainless steel which are made for high temperature situations. Most hardware stores (Home Depot, Lowe’s, etc) will only have zinc plated, which is not safe to use with high temps. We highly recommend NOT using any aluminum/nickel/zinc parts for our products. We want to get these out to our existing customers in a fair and cheap manner. The Restrictor Disc will be available on our site by the end of the week and we will be offering a two-pack for $4.50 shipped until the end of September. After September shipping will not be included.
Seems very interesting.
A picture would have helped though :haw:

hopla,

Vapeur Rogue

Est. 2013- Never Lookin' Back
The Restrictor Disc will be available on our site by the end of the week and we will be offering a two-pack for $4.50 shipped until the end of September. After September shipping will not be included.

Timing is everything! My Jr. just shipped yesterday! (Not that I am complaining about service mind you, SBL has already gone above and beyond for me) Will the Disc be easily adjustable (for those of us who like versatility?) -IE: sometimes I have the energy to enjoy the ritual of manual vapes, sometimes I just need to get things done.

hopla

On Instagram Stickybricklabs has posted this:
2wfp7iv.png

So instead of the "harness" solution to block the torch in a desired position in front of the intake, it seems they opted for the forgiving solution: you can use a bigger flame, only a tiny amount of it will pass through the restrictor disc.
Clever.

Last edited:

That's great news. My Sticky Brick went into the drawer right after purchase. Was never able to master the technique. Hopefully, this will bring it back to life.

StickyBricks

Manufacturer
The Restrictor Disc is easily removable. No mechanical ability necessary, just drop it in or dump it out of the intake. We will be trying to get these to our international retail partners as soon as possible. If our international customers order directly from us there will be an additional shipping charge but we will work with you to keep the cost as cheap as possible. We want our customers to have these so every effort is being made to get them to our retailers.

hopla

Something i noticed: usually when i don't get the usual satisfactory result is when i lowered the flame (or it faded by itself).
So StickyBrick's solution should be the best one: go with a bigger flame without the concern about combusting your material.
Let's hope Vaposhop or Vapefiend.uk will have it soon (as i get taxed too much for items coming from the USA, lastly 47€ for a 115€ Elev8r order :goon: )

I don't know you guys but as my abv with the SB jr is always on the brighter side of brown i can usually use it with my Dynavap for a second session (more of the time only 1 good hit)

Last edited:

Sm

Hey SBJ nation I am a new member here, nothing I have tried rocks the flavor and clouds more than with a SBJ ON SUCH A PORTABLE UNIT. For those that have problems with accidental combustion just put a VAPCAP screen under the glass intake as a diffuser and Bammmmmmm ! Turn up the heat with no issues. I am sure the SB new t nut is good but the VAPCAP screen has small slits on it to spread the heat out evenly on the flower. JUST MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.
Both the Vapcap screen are either Stainless steel or titanium and made for the heat.

MonkeyTime

Hey SBJ nation I am a new member here, nothing I have tried rocks the flavor and clouds more than with a SBJ ON SUCH A PORTABLE UNIT. For those that have problems with accidental combustion just put a VAPCAP screen under the glass intake as a diffuser and Bammmmmmm ! Turn up the heat with no issues. I am sure the SB new t nut is good but the VAPCAP screen has small slits on it to spread the heat out evenly on the flower. JUST MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.
Both the Vapcap screen are either Stainless steel or titanium and made for the heat.

Welcome aboard Sm, great first post!

I've tried SS screens down there, but not a VC one, and it's about time for some cleaning...... might have to try this :clap:

Top Bottom