Sticky Brick Junior by Sticky Brick Labs

vaporist4LIFE

Wondering if you guys have any advice, friend just got a jr.both of us are having trouble producing much vapor if any at all.we have tried different screens, flame length , torches (tried 5 so far , honest zico vapman scorch and few others)
The o rings seem loose but everything is airtight.qny suggestions for my friend?

duff

Well worn
I pack very small loads since it's so quick and the first couple of hits are so delicious.

Loose o-rings shouldn't matter.

It sounds like you're getting light hits so you are close. I typically start with the flame closer to the intake and gently move the torch back a bit once I feel the hit coming.

Keep trying. It's worth it.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
@vaporist4LIFE:
You mention trying different torches and flame lengths, have you tried slowing your draw speed?

Also, forgive me for pointing out the obvious, but are you covering the carb at the bottom of Junior's front side? Many prefer to keep it covered constantly. Covering the carb is almost required to start producing vapor, once the vapor is flowing you can use the carb to modulate the density if you like.

Do not cover the top hole on the right side of Junior if using dry herbs as you will likely combust. I only recommend covering the fresh air intake when using concentrates with the Sticky Banger or a S&B mesh concentrate pad.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Extremely slow,yes. Covering carb hole.i actually covered the top hole for fresh air and didn't even combust then. While drawing super slow with a long flame length.we are both pretty stumped an a little disappointed to be honest
It sounds like everything should be in order then. Forgive me for another obvious question, but you are loading your material on top of the screen, correct? That's the only other thing I could think of.

I'm sure you will have some official help soon. Sticky Brick Labs has amazing customer service, shout outs to @Slow Draw McGraw and @StickyBricks!

almost there

Funny story to share-
So I was sitting on this swing I made and I was having a relaxing moment with Jr. I haven't used the honest torch much since the scorch torch arrived so I thought to show it some love. Had it dialed up and took a big delicious draw. I confess to acting out the drama with my head all tilted back and eyes all closed:uhoh:. Anyway while I was being all stupid I felt this rush of heat on my lap and I had forgotten those honest torches maintain a flame for a few seconds after u release the trigger:doh:. I had it pointed right at my inner thigh :shrug:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Funny story to share-
So I was sitting on this swing I made and I was having a relaxing moment with Jr. I haven't used the honest torch much since the scorch torch arrived so I thought to show it some love. Had it dialed up and took a big delicious draw. I confess to acting out the drama with my head all tilted back and eyes all closed:uhoh:. Anyway while I was being all stupid I felt this rush of heat on my lap and I had forgotten those honest torches maintain a flame for a few seconds after u release the trigger:doh:. I had it pointed right at my inner thigh :shrug:

Honest? I do hope you dinna git "Scorched", Lad..., honestly. :nod:

HD Springer

Extremely slow,yes. Covering carb hole.i actually covered the top hole for fresh air and didn't even combust then. While drawing super slow with a long flame length.we are both pretty stumped an a little disappointed to be honest

I personally like to have a small flame and angle the flame down into the intake glass from one side to the other. I try to cover the entire opening with the flame. Start inhaling slowly until I feel the heat and then ramp up my draw until I'm done with the hit. I wouldn't say it works everytime but damn near. I found with the jr. The smaller the flame the better. But everyone is different. Good luck. Hope you get it working properly because it's a fucking blast to use.

Bdubbdiblets

Love my SBJ, no matter what new vape crush I get this thing will always have a spot..:bowdown:

When dialed amazing flavor and clouds. I swear sometimes the load is never going to end...and then abv is still very light when done. Lightest abv to biggest cloud ratio of all vapes of used..

So far.:razz:

:rockon:

Adobewan

Finally got a Sticky Brick Jr and finally caught up on this thread.
First and foremost, have to shout out a loud thanks to @Other Side for initiating me into the torch and wood club, and for much more. One of the truly cool souls on FC.
Also heartfelt thanks @kimura for the care given to the SBJ that would eventually be mine.
I'm such a fan of the high tech end of portables that I ignored this simple but oh so powerful side.
Well, Ka-POW!, the Sticky Brick Jr would be an eye opener for any vaporist who hasn't tried a torch and wood vape.

Pros:

It's easy to use.
Yes I have combusted once, charred a couple of times, but as long as you catch it quick and dump the char, it won't foul the piece, but it's rare.
The technique is fairly straight forward. Cover carp with ring fingertip, .5-1 inch flame rotated/swiveled just licking the interior of the intake, even draw(listen for the telltale roar of the heat channelling thru the intake tube) until heat and then pull flame back off intake to control, uncover carb to clear. Open, rotate lid to dock the opposite ends of the top magnetically(as suggested earlier), stir with metal spoon provided( to dock in the hole I clipped approx 1/4 inch off the end of the handle of the spoon with a needle nose pliers, to fit when the unit is closed. Love this convenience!!), and draw again. Repeat 2-7 times depending on length of draws, strain, and freshness/dryness of strain.
<On that note, being in So Cal, access to high quality material can be taken for granted. The quality of the material you vape will make the biggest difference. So for context sake, when I reflect on a vape like this, it's under the best conditions regarding material.>

It's cool.
Simple, elegant design and fun to use. The breakdown and build back process while loading and dumping is enjoyable. Love that it is entirely enclosed, love the form factor both open and closed.
Enviably simple design. The motto less is more is on full display here.

Flavor is, as stated, amazing.
It's just your material, nothing in the vapor path, and in the case of my spalted Maple, little to no wood taste. Back to basics, material + heat = joy.

It's powerful
As @Other Side taught me, the power of the torch, once you learn to use it(simpler than you may think) deserves some reverence. May be the closest vaping experience to smoking I've had.
The raw nature of flame roasted material made a difference that was new to me.

No 18650s(love you guys) to carry, you can get a torch and butane almost anywhere on the planet so all you have to worry about is material and your SBJ(be sure to clip and dock your spoon).

Cons:

This may have been mentioned, it's a material hog....
I think it was also mentioned that maybe it's just so enjoyable to use that the weaker willed of us get carried away(I'm looking at you Adobewan!). Once you get your technique down, it's as efficient a vape as I can imagine. You have total control over extraction. And as previously mentioned, it doesn't distinguish between load size as long as the screen is covered. So...

...it is NOT a material hog.
Guess I've yet to run into any cons other than "too likable"?.

Tip: This may sound nuts but make sure your flame is aiming into the intake. That can be hard to tell when the intake is positioned perpendicular to your eye-line, as in looking directly across the intake opening. I angle the intake 10° or so, so I can see that I'm aimed in as opposed to missing the intake.
As mentioned previously in the thread, there is a soft roar when the heat has a clear channel thru the tube and is roasting. Listen for it as you rotate/angle your flame in toward the intake.

Not sure who the original designer of this piece is, I believe @RastaBuddhaTao and Trilhouse were somewhere at the beginning of the process, and I see another company picking up the format on a new vape, but the original thinker behind this deserves some credit, some reward, or at least some love.

Sending love,
Adobewan

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom