Sticky Brick Junior by Sticky Brick Labs

Zow237

What size are these screens? Was going to stop at my local shop to grab some or order some online but idk what will fit. Thanks in advance

KDJZ

Weird problem, my sticky brick jr has all of a sudden become really inefficient, to the point where combusting the same amount hits way harder. It worked great before and I haven't changed my technique or lighter, any ideas?

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
What size are these screens? Was going to stop at my local shop to grab some or order some online but idk what will fit. Thanks in advance
Screen size is 5/8
Weird problem, my sticky brick jr has all of a sudden become really inefficient, to the point where combusting the same amount hits way harder. It worked great before and I haven't changed my technique or lighter, any ideas?
I agree with @almost there
I would definitely change the screen or thoroughly clean it.

KDJZ

Yeah I've tried replacing the screen too, no go. It doesn't feel clogged or anything, I get plenty of airflow but very little vapor

almost there

Thanks for the replies, same :leaf: and everything and I've plugged and blown thru all the holes to check for clogs/leaks. I'll go thru everything with a cotton swab and warm water/alcohol again and see if anything changes
only a guess but does your torch sputter? I was using the Honest torch from the Jr and at higher settings it will sometimes shoot out a big jet for a sec when I tilt it too much. I had scorching a few times before I turned it way down. It happens so fast, the first few times I couldn't make sense of the scorching. If you have another torch handy give it a go.

Last edited:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
With torches sometimes you just get a dud, even with normally good torches. My favorite torch is this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Degree-Angle-Flames-Butane-Lighter/dp/B005TOOI5A

They seem to be very reliable, and they have a wide range for the flame adjustment which makes it easy to get both the low temp hits and those huge clouds too.

I ordered a couple extra for spares and in case I got a dud. Mine came from China so it took a while to arrive, I think it was 18 days.

I hope you get it figured out @KDJZ!

Waldorulez

Well I buy 5 torch lighters for like 9 dollars an there good sometimes the torches get sediment in it jets an make a weird long flame blowing air when the torches is off cleans them up an the flame comes back as new I didn't know that till a buddy showed me

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
eurSCSG.jpg

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks very helpful and thats what I was thinking to I should use a small flame if i was going to pack it full.

I was able to try it tonight a friend of mine came by and had a good butane torch so we tried it, wow will need more testing but i cant believe how hard this hits. I used to use glass pipes or bongs and since i switched to a digital vape I often wondered if i get the same stoned as I used to, well this reminded me of the stoned I used to get using glass pipes or bongs. In a good way, I love the technology of a digital but it might be hard to ever use my digital again given the quality of high this gives me. If i ever want a digital vape that gives me a high like this maybe i would have to spend more on a mighty or volcano? But i can say from two hits I have tried this really hit hard and reminded me of days using a pipe or bong. No combustion but i would like it toned down a bit but will have to experiment more when I get my butane over a few sessions, as mentioned a smaller flame will be key, I am thinking half an inch?

Now i am curious if any portable digital vape can hit like this such as a mighty?

Welcome to the club dude, you've found out "high tech" vaping's dirty little secret: there doesn't actually need to be any tech involved at all to get some of the best results vs smoking

Seriously the signature here is unreal and unlikely to be matched by the Mighty (which isn't even pure convection, certainly not instant on demand) and Volcano is better for groups with it's giant bowl. Digital wise, Grasshopper (and seemingly Tubo) can get close, other desktops like 7thFloor and log vapes too, Halogen vapes and Cloud Evo... But most still can't match the StickyBrick vapor hit for hit, the closest I have experienced is with RBT vapes as Milaana and Zion (MistVape kinda too, though not quite as "unleashed") are almost like electric Bricks in their signatures, perhaps related to their more manual analog nature despite being battery powered... I'd Highly recommend Milaana as a great Brick companion, some other vapes would be pretty great too, including a second Brick :brow:

Last edited:

Montell

I am just curious i am having trouble consistently vaping. I thought I had the flame length down packed and then I brought it over to a friends, we vaped outside and it was about 7 Celsius (It was a chilly night but it was a new house and he didnt want to indoors). With my current flame length we had trouble getting hits so i turned it up, and then it worked better, but at home indoors if i use that flame i tend to scorch it.

I just cant think why it was inconsistent. Again my first time using a butane vape, not sure what can impact the results.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I am just curious i am having trouble consistently vaping. I thought I had the flame length down packed and then I brought it over to a friends, we vaped outside and it was about 7 Celsius (It was a chilly night but it was a new house and he didnt want to indoors). With my current flame length we had trouble getting hits so i turned it up, and then it worked better, but at home indoors if i use that flame i tend to scorch it.

I just cant think why it was inconsistent. Again my first time using a butane vape, not sure what can impact the results.
It sounds like you are picking it up just fine.

The way it works, the torch flame heats up the air around it as it enters the chamber through the intake. If the temperature in your surroundings is lower, you will have to increase the torch size to account for that and heat up the incoming air to the desired temperature. If it's 20° colder outside your vape will be running 20° cooler as well.

You did well to increase the flame size, and it's also good that you understand you would not want to use that same size flame indoors.

Montell

Thanks for the help, one other thought I also do grind very fine with my grinder, the guy whose place i was at had a much coarser grind, does the grind effect flame length and how easily it will vape? If i have a coarse grind should i turn the flame up or would that not matter?

I wish I could spend a bunch of time experimenting but i typically vape only on weekends and this thing usually gets me high enough one or two sessions and im done for the night :) So I still have not got in as much practice as i would like.

duff

Well worn
If i have a coarse grind should i turn the flame up or would that not matter?
My SBJ doesn't seem to care how finely ground my material is.

That looks like a delicious dinner @almost there!

Welcome to the club dude, you've found out "high tech" vaping's dirty little secret: there doesn't actually need to be any tech involved at all to get some of the best results vs smoking
Amen.
Still the tastiest vape out there IMO.

Top Bottom