Sticky Brick Junior by Sticky Brick Labs

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Can confirm the extra fine S&B Mighty screens work very well. I never realized how fine they were before.

Only thing I want now is a lightly longer mouthpiece as larger hits can iritate my lungs quite a bit

Also tried my first straight kief bowl on top some avb and it was amazing.
I am really liking doing one hitters with this guy and just blasting it hot and heavy once you have your technique down.

I'm using this guy more than my Mighty now it's crazy.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I'm still getting great performance with Junior. I've been pushing it's limits lately, which resulted in an episode of combustion.

I was using the fast draw technique. I was pushing it hard, which was fine, but then I let up on my draw speed for a moment. As soon as I did that I knew I made a mistake. I should have just stopped hitting it, I had already got a good hit.

The interesting thing is that when I opened it up the top of the load wasn't scorched. There was a hot spot but nothing more. The charred material was actually at the bottom of the bowl.

I think when I let up on my draw for a moment there must have been a backdraft of heat and oxygen coming from below the bowl that caused the combustion.

I had a similar incident happen earlier with my new Hydro add-on for the OG Brick. The moral of the story is if you're using the strong flame, fast draw, plugged carb technique, do not let up on your draw at all.

Always stop heating immediately and never slow down your draw speed drastically as this will suddenly increase the temperature in the bowl, making combustion likely.

This mostly applies when pushing the envelope going for the biggest hits. If you take small to medium size hits the fast draw technique is pretty foolproof in my experience.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Guys? How does it compare to the Lotus? Vapor wise and from a practical point of view? Is it really practical to have it in a pocket or smallwaist bag and have a quick session on the go or is it better for home use?
In my opinion it's small and practical enough for a pocket portable, but not necessarily for public use. It's not very stealthy is the only drawback, so it depends on the situation.

I've used it hiking and it was wonderful. It's great to bring along to a friend's house or party. It's so fast you could even sneak a quick toke outside of a bar for example.

6079Smith

Guys? How does it compare to the Lotus? Vapor wise and from a practical point of view? Is it really practical to have it in a pocket or smallwaist bag and have a quick session on the go or is it better for home use?
I don't leave home without it, having Brick quality vapor on adventures has been a game-changer for me. It's not the stealthiest of vapes to actually use.. it looks like you're doing exactly what you're doing, lol. Think combusting through a glass pipe, while corner-burning as it demands both hands and your full attention. You also would want to avoid direct sunlight, at least until you get to know your torch since it is hard to see and aim.

Where it positively shines is quick, on demand sessions. I can get where I want to be faster with Jr than any other portable, period. However many back to back monster rips are desired, Jr stands ready. Repacks are easy-peasy. I was sitting in a parked car recently and realized I had effortlessly hotboxed it in no time. You can also hit it and quit it in mere seconds- it's my fastest instant gratification portable, bar none. The glass does not get too hot, I was initially pleasantly surprised that it remains handy immediately after use. Unless one has shitty aim, I suppose. It's been nice to not worry about batteries in a hot vehicle, just pocket the torch.

The cap fits very nicely, I had pondered modding a gasket of some kind when I ordered but quickly found that it was not necessary. It still simply smells like wood after much use. With cap, it's virtually the same size as my Mighty and smaller once the Mighty is in it's case. I keep it in my back pocket, it sticks out but is in a hemp bag (Milaana bag) and covered by my shirt. Wouldn't want to sit on it. It may fit your front pocket, I suppose, depends how your clothes fit.

I was already a sucker for wooden, lifetime vapes.. I've added SBL products to that list, made this one a no-brainer for me

vapeape77

I would love to see some colored glass offered. Looks like I'll have to track down a local glass blower to make a black intake minus the flared end. With a black intake and my mflb dart stem I think I can basically make Jr look more like a tobacco pipe, lol ahnything that makes people think I am NOT smoking crack.

If your sitting in public I must admit Jr is not my go to vape, I am a paranoid type so I go with a smaller Alfa vape usually when out sitting around others. I wake and bake with Mighty/bubbler, then usually run Jr a few times a day and have the Alfa for stealth ecig look when out.

Last edited:

KeVo23

My bricks have put my VAS at ease for now....theyre so damn pretty and man do they perform! The jr is the hardest hitting portable when proper technique is used that i have come across
CGely5Q.jpg

hinglemccringleberry

I've been looking for an off-the-power-grid portable and this seems perfect!
A few questions :
Im into microdosing and am just wondering if Im better off packing 0.03's every time or if I can get away with packing, say, 0.15 and making it last a few days. How much ground/tamped herb does the chamber hold? (and are you even supposed to tamp it?)

I saw that photo of the char spot and it made me think about hardwoods and softwoods. IDK anything about Cedar and Walnut, but I know that maple is softer and less dense than something like oak, so if this vape is getting a char spot down in there, I'd rather have the denser wood if this is something I plan on keeping and enjoying every day for many years.

Edit - it looks like cedar is a softwood and walnut is a hardwood. Well I know which one I'm getting! Maple can go either way.

Last edited:

StickyBricks

Manufacturer
Cedar is the softest hardwood we would use and we are using Spanish cedar which is quite a bit more dense then aromatic cedar. We have tried pecan, box alder, and a few other softer hardwoods, but scorching and/or residual taste eliminated those choices. We feel very comfortable with our wood selection and have no problem offering a lifetime warranty on any species we offer. Oak is one of the most dense common hardwoods, but rock maple is right up there and we will be offering that as a choice at some point for some devices.

As a side note, our supply of Spanish cedar and spalted maple is quickly running out and we most likely will not be making the Junior in that flavor much longer.

imamcfatty

Anybody have any suggestions for the best technique (with regards to bowl packing, bowl size, stem orientation, drag speed, other possible customizations, etc) for getting the most efficient use out of my flower?

I feel like I might be going through bowls rather quickly but have nothing to compare to as the brick is my first experience with vaporizers. I usually pack about two pinches worth to cover the screen and add an extra small layer on top.

Also does anybody have an estimate for the gram weight of a full bowl in the Brick Jr. (just inline with the crease where the iron ring pops into)? I want to monitor my usage but I don't have a scale to measure for myself.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Anybody have any suggestions for the best technique (with regards to bowl packing, bowl size, stem orientation, drag speed, other possible customizations, etc) for getting the most efficient use out of my flower?

I feel like I might be going through bowls rather quickly but have nothing to compare to as the brick is my first experience with vaporizers. I usually pack about two pinches worth to cover the screen and add an extra small layer on top.

Also does anybody have an estimate for the gram weight of a full bowl in the Brick Jr. (just inline with the crease where the iron ring pops into)? I want to monitor my usage but I don't have a scale to measure for myself.
With a medium grind and a fluffy pack, I can fit about .2 grams in the chamber. A finer grind and tamping can easily double that.

The Junior can be very efficient, just like all the Sticky Vapes. I have to be honest though, I go through a lot of material with my Stickies because I like using them so much. The large chamber is just so tempting to fill...

The 100% pure convection means you can pack it full, take one massive face-melting hit, and come back to a perfectly even green bowl hours later.

I used to use small loads sometimes, just covering the screen. I find I actually get more out of it by packing it full and taking a big hit. That could last me an hour or two best case Ontario. So one bowl could last me all day easily, or several days of light use. That never happens though, I just like using these vapes too much!

imamcfatty

With a medium grind and a fluffy pack, I can fit about .2 grams in the chamber. A finer grind and tamping can easily double that.

The Junior can be very efficient, just like all the Sticky Vapes. I have to be honest though, I go through a lot of material with my Stickies because I like using them so much. The large chamber is just so tempting to fill...

The 100% pure convection means you can pack it full, take one massive face-melting hit, and come back to a perfectly even green bowl hours later.

I used to use small loads sometimes, just covering the screen. I find I actually get more out of it by packing it full and taking a big hit. That could last me an hour or two best case Ontario. So one bowl could last me all day easily, or several days of light use. That never happens though, I just like using these vapes too much!

Thanks for the tips! The weight estimate will help me portion out my stash accordingly. My next question would be about an Instagram video I've seen from a member here. I'm pretty sure I've seen the same peripheral being used by others on different vaporizers. If anybody can help identify the peripheral being used, any other attachments necessary to make it work, and maybe a link to purchase, that would be great. Also, any recommendations for a different water attachment, possibly smaller in size compared to the one in the video, would be very helpful.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLhDilXDJMo/?taken-by=paytonpenn

I've been really interested in customizing my brick with a sick stem and intake such as with the Slyme- styled one from a few pages back in the thread. Would most smoking glass shops have these kinds of customized stems available? Or if the dimensions can be provided, would typical glass shops be able to produce a customized stem for me?

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Thanks for the tips! The weight estimate will help me portion out my stash accordingly. My next question would be about an Instagram video I've seen from a member here. I'm pretty sure I've seen the same peripheral being used by others on different vaporizers. If anybody can help identify the peripheral being used, any other attachments necessary to make it work, and maybe a link to purchase, that would be great. Also, any recommendations for a different water attachment, possibly smaller in size compared to the one in the video, would be very helpful.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLhDilXDJMo/?taken-by=paytonpenn

I've been really interested in customizing my brick with a sick stem and intake such as with the Slyme- styled one from a few pages back in the thread. Would most smoking glass shops have these kinds of customized stems available? Or if the dimensions can be provided, would typical glass shops be able to produce a customized stem for me?

Have a look here:
http://en.dhgate.com/product/produc...22,108,3#hp1507_reit-3-5|null:108:r0103355675

Don't know the seller or if you can get one like this some $ cheaper, but that's what you might wanna look for / start with. :)

@paytonpenn Nice clip! :). What kind of adapter did you use to attach the water tool?

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I love the junior so much...I just wish it came with an invisibility cloak...I use it in public and when people notice what I'm doing they are visually intrigued!

A black man with a beard (a potential Muslim in the eyes of the ignorant)...bending down to light something with a torch...fishy.

I just can't bring myself to the point of leaving it at home!

vapen00b

Biggest shout-out to @StickyBricks for unbelievable customer service.
I now can confirm that the walnut has no wooden taste issues - and I'm already saving up for a Maxx.
Guys being on the fence - get on it! If you're looking for a butane powered instant full convection unit, this is gold!
Some hours ago I had the biggest and most massive hit of my life with this one. I was coughing so hard, I had to run for some water to moisten my throat to continue exhaling and gaining breath again... WOW. That was insane. Such a hit dry... Good that I sat on a chair while using it - it would have floored me.
Craziest part was when I took a look at the bowl. Even greenish-light brown, NO CHARRING... WTF?!!?
INSANE!
(Biggest hit until then was a GH @ max thru water - this one was DRY and on another level!!!)

Used @Vapor_Eyes technique, paired with some torch movement: Held the outer flame at a distance and drew on the slower side, then approached the flame to the intake a bit and accelerated draw when I felt there was something more going on and going further with the torch, hard continuous draw.

ZZZZZaaaaaaPPPPPPP:whoa: .... held in:rolleyes:... almost chokin:o... and exhaaaaaaaaaaalee... tried to breath in.. coughcoughcough... vapor everywhere.. shit.. need air, need water.. exhaaaalee coughcoughcough...vaaaaaporrrrrr.... gulp gulp gulp.. breath in - breath out.. still vapor, and even more coming. Shit, what's this? Yes, I know, it's still vaaaaaaapoooooorrrraaaaahhhhh-- coughcoughcough... breathing in--- BIG SMILE:haw:... relaxxxxxxx:smug:

:ko::ko::ko::ko::ko:-rating!!!

Pure taste throughout the hit. This is the real deal Sticky Bricks Experience everyone is talking about... I'm so thankful, I feel blessed with this one !!!:bowdown:
Can't wait to get big brother Maxx.:nod:

It's weird this one only has 24 pages... Grab your cash and go for a walnut,guys!:2c::rockon:

Love and peace
:peace:

Last edited:

507E

My bricks have put my VAS at ease for now....theyre so damn pretty and man do they perform! The jr is the hardest hitting portable when proper technique is used that i have come across
CGely5Q.jpg
Can anyone let me know what kind of wood these stickybricks are made from. I'm getting ready to purchase and im having a hard time making my mind up. Im torn between the Maple and cedar. Thanks!

vapen00b

Can anyone let me know what kind of wood these stickybricks are made from. I'm getting ready to purchase and im having a hard time making my mind up. Im torn between the Maple and cedar. Thanks!
Those are walnut. I'd strongly recommend a walnut if you're sensitive to taste. Walnut changed the game for me. And won! :D

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
Can someone explain the proper way to use the carb hole? Is the technique different than using the carb on a bubbler pipe? Is using it optional?
You can leave it plugged the entire time if you choose.
I throttle the carb so to speak. In one hit, I cover and release 3 times. Just my technique I found to my liking. Some people plug the carb altogether. I only prefer plugging the carb on the hydrobrick. Releasing and covering the carb during a hit can help you surf vapor temps.

Last edited:
Top Bottom