• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Sterling silver?

sativasam

NO SMOKING
I am planning to make a vaporizer that works on similar principles to the lotus; heating a metal plate with butane. But instead of using nickel, I would use sterling silver. As well as this the the bowl would be made of sterling silver.

Is this safe?

sativasam,

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
I too have wondered this (almost) exact thing!
Sadly, I don't have an answer to the question though.

A silver Lotus would be very cool though, so hopefully someone smart here will be able to provide an answer.

Copacetic,

sativasam

NO SMOKING
As with most heated metals, there is a potential issue of Metal Fume Fever...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_fume_fever

You'd need to speak with experts to know at what temps silver might release any toxic fumes.

Its melting point is nearly 1000c so that won't be an issue, but it is a very soft metal, that could easily be damaged with items such as stir tools.
My thoughts exactly after numerous google searches.

Another question which would have influence on the answer to said question is what temperature the butane lighter heats the plate up to in a certain time frame - for e.g 30 seconds?

sativasam,

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
Another question which would have influence on the answer to said question is what temperature the butane lighter heats the plate up to in a certain time frame - for e.g 30 seconds?
For sure, if used like the vapman, it might be possible for the user to melt things if torched for too long or release toxic gasses.

1DMF,

Bongologist

JoJo Woodworks
Accessory Maker
Silver has skyrocketed in price, though it's balanced out a little. I think it may work very well for what you want to do (though it will scratch easily) but the cost might be really high.

Bongologist,
Reactions: sativasam
Top Bottom