Steps to Fuck Combustion

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Hello everybody!

As i mentioned here and there, my girlfriend has quit tobacco but still smokes joints as much as she uses the MFLB. And i can tell she is having a harder time than i did, even though i wasn't successfull the first few tries, i eventually and with the help of a shiny buddha, managed to just vaporize.

Thinking about her quitting saga has me wondering about the necessary steps for a successfull fuck on combustion. These are some of the things i did when i transitioned.

Phase 1:

- Stop smoking plain tobacco aka cigarettes (this is the main reason why you can't quit, nicotine!)

- If you don't then start exercising daily (a 20min walk is better than nothing, believe me)

- Don't stay up late (i always vape more in the evening and i always smoked more as well)

- Don't go places where you usually smoke or drink (same reason as above)

- If you are a coffee and cigarette kind of person, switch to tea for a while and only drink coffee without a smoke (coffee is addictive too and the smell alone makes me want to smoke, even now! I don't because i know it is just a suggestion, i would not enjoy it)

- Get a good desktop vaporizer (DBV - HA) and/or a good portable (Solo - INH)
( This is critical for a easier transition, if you cant get both it is best. If not, get the desktop and combust when outside)

- Break smoking patterns, meaning: identify situations or places where you know you always combust there and avoid them as much as you can.

Phase 2:

- For a successfull transition you need to really stop combusting, you can't keep doing both because you will never fully quit and after a while just revert back.

- Keep doing what you did on phase 1

- Don't quit because you did not do something in phase 1, this will happen many times.

- Quit cigarette and joint smoking for at least three days. Be sure to have good weed and don't stress if you can't make it to three days.

- Each time you try to quit for three days and don't make it, try again.

- If you keep doing this, combustion will taste worse everytime you fail to quit, making it easier and easier to only vaporize.

- By now, you should have a portable that allows you to vaporize everywhere. This is especially important in this phase since when you are out of the house or somewhere you can't vaporize, it is easier to smoke tobacco or roll a joint and be done with it.

Phase 3:

- You managed to quit for three days in a row without failing. Now you just have to keep quitting.

- I did an entry in an ios app that counts days and says "stop continuing" because i stopped to continue to smoke.
I wrote that because i feel i still haven't quit completely because after more than 8 months i still have combustion urges, they are worse when i'm drunk or partying or in a smoking environment. Reminding me of how long i have gone, helps me keep going.

- By now you should slowly start getting some habits back from Phase 1, slowly!! It is difficult to have self control when you are drunk and excited. It is difficult as well when other habits became that way along with smoking. (coffee and a cigarette anyone? :D)

This was written taking into account my life, personality and my experience of quitting cigs and then joints to only vaporize. Feel free to add on my advice or offer different perspectives. I am sure there are other stuff i forgot/haven't tried that are equally/more effective.

And remember, fuck combustion. ;)

Edward Hyde

before 2 months i quit tobaco and combusted only weed.before one month i quit combusting completely when i got my vapo and before some days i smoked from a friends joint and i realised that combustion tastes like shit + it has different effect than vapin. it feels like getting high from vaping is more of a headhigh compared to combustion that pins me down on the couch. + after smoking from that one joint next morning i had a bad throat + that bad nasty spit in the morning.

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Phase 1: Collect vaporizers
Phase 2: ???
Phase 3: Profit

Lol but seriously, I was able to easily switch to vaping because I was able to quit cigs w/ an e-cig, which I still use and love. After about 2 weeks of not smoking cigs and still combusting herb, the switch seemed like the only way to go. And I never looked back!! :)

3 years combustion free this December and I feel better than ever!!!

LumeKa

I quit combusting in a single phase : bought an e-cig and a vaporizer at the same time.
That's quite an easy (and enjoyable) path.
I need to buy a portable now, but dunno yet which one to take as I need something that can vaporise hash & weed. It is pretty hard to find good weed where I live (sadly).

LumeKa,
Reactions: harmudge

vorrange

Vapor.wise
before 2 months i quit tobaco and combusted only weed.before one month i quit combusting completely when i got my vapo and before some days i smoked from a friends joint and i realised that combustion tastes like shit + it has different effect than vapin. it feels like getting high from vaping is more of a headhigh compared to combustion that pins me down on the couch. + after smoking from that one joint next morning i had a bad throat + that bad nasty spit in the morning.

Totally agree, i did combust 2-3 times after quitting, one of the times it was a pure joint and everytime it left me with a bad taste and some harshness in my throat.

Phase 1: Collect vaporizers
Phase 2: ???
Phase 3: Profit

Lol but seriously, I was able to easily switch to vaping because I was able to quit cigs w/ an e-cig, which I still use and love. After about 2 weeks of not smoking cigs and still combusting herb, the switch seemed like the only way to go. And I never looked back!! :)

3 years combustion free this December and I feel better than ever!!!

I am trying to convince her to use e-cigs for an easier transition but she is not convinced yet. :/ I have another problem though, where i live we don't use weed pure usually, just roll it with tobacco.
And for those who have been through the same, weed tastes like shit alone if you are used to smoke it with tobacco. So, that is an advantage for you american folks who do just weed or just tobacco.

I quit combusting in a single phase : bought an e-cig and a vaporizer at the same time.
I need to buy a portable now, but dunno yet which one to take as I need something that can vaporise hash & weed. It is pretty hard to find good weed where I live (sadly).

The solo can vaporize both. Although i use mine with some herb and then i just crumble the hash as it gets softer. Do you have that kind of hash you have to heat with a lighter to soften it before crumbling? With that one it is a little more difficult, i only tried it with my DaVinci. It worked but not perfectly, the hash stuck in the sides of the bowl and it was difficult to clean. With the softer hash it is easier anytime.. i use mine with the Wychwood as well.

vorrange,

LumeKa

I am trying to convince her to use e-cigs for an easier transition but she is not convinced yet. :/
Only a matter of finding the right flavour imo. We have a really nice brand of liquids in France which is called VDLV : only natural fruit flavors, once you've tried it, you're caught!

The solo can vaporize both. Although i use mine with some herb and then i just crumble the hash as it gets softer. Do you have that kind of hash you have to heat with a lighter to soften it before crumbling? With that one it is a little more difficult, i only tried it with my DaVinci. It worked but not perfectly, the hash stuck in the sides of the bowl and it was difficult to clean. With the softer hash it is easier anytime.. i use mine with the Wychwood as well.

I've been looking to the Solo and Thermovape products, didn't make my choice yet but I'm not in a hurry as I used to smoke (and now vaping) mostly at home.
The hash we find here is exactly the one you're talking about (from Marocco), pureness is variable. Some are easy to vaporise with my SSV others aren't. For the cleaning process I don't mind as long as I can put ISO in the bowl.

LumeKa,

vorrange

Vapor.wise

Don't know really. The close i can call it is a fishy ash flavour. This is true if you are used to smoke together.

I can tell you that 4 months after i stopped combusting i tried a water pipe with some mj alone and it still had that nasty combusting smell and taste but it did not taste that bad. Not even close to when i was regularly smoking joints and smoked weed on a pipe.

vorrange,

thesoloman

i recommend getting an arizer solo for a great portable, i love mine

thesoloman,

ilikesnacks

i havent been able to stop combusting, but it might be because i havent found the right tool yet. i really enjoy bongs and i'd really like to try out a vapexhale unit, but the only things i've really sat down with are the solo and the mflb, which don't really hit the spot for me.

ilikesnacks,

thesoloman

i havent been able to stop combusting, but it might be because i havent found the right tool yet. i really enjoy bongs and i'd really like to try out a vapexhale unit, but the only things i've really sat down with are the solo and the mflb, which don't really hit the spot for me.
not lovin the solo? wow hahha thats a first in my journey of converting combusters lol. my buddy has the mflb and i personally don't see how it can apease anyone's urge to get high. however my solo after a bowl or two always puts right where i wanna be.

thesoloman,

vorrange

Vapor.wise

Why don't they hit the spot? Perhaps a desktop unit like the DBV will be more to your liking, but honestly i think you could manage just fine with the Solo as the main unit and the mflb just for stealth. I can tell you that you don't need a Cloud to quit combusting, it has arrived after many of us were long gone with combusting..

vorrange,
Reactions: Puffers

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Why don't they hit the spot? Perhaps a desktop unit like the DBV will be more to your liking, but honestly i think you could manage just fine with the Solo as the main unit and the mflb just for stealth. I can tell you that you don't need a Cloud to quit combusting, it has arrived since many of us were long gone with combusting..

I second the recommendation of a solid desktop. i fucked combustion for about 2 months with just a Mflb, then I got my ssv and my eyes were opened wide with big dense tasty vapor clouds. Now I hardly use my LB although I am vaping on a trench now lol. I perfer those big clouds that my ssv, oil pen and dabbing give me. Although the first time I vaped I realized how superior it was to combustion and after a cpl weeks of using the LB combusting tasted like shit to me. The superior taste, efficiency, and stealth made it easy for me to fuck combustion. I was smoking cigars when I combusted but quit cold turkey when I got the LB. I really only smoked cigars to cover my combustion anymore anyway. My names Puffers and I have been fucking combustion for over a year and half :lol:

:peace:
Puff

Puffers,
Reactions: vorrange

ilikesnacks

i do like the solo, it works well but and its good in a pinch or to conserve your stash but it just doesn't deliver the same intense high as a bong does - and rightfully so, as it isn't one, but that's the sort of high i'm looking for so its very far from being my daily driver.

i feel like i need to try a desktop vape to get something similar to the more intense stone i get from ripping a bong - i only suggested the cloud because that seems to be the closest, but i've heard good things about other desktops as well. i'm just weary of spending more money in search of a high that i might not get from vaping at all. but the whole reason i'm here is because i really like the IDEA of vaping and i'm curious to hear about how others find their highs compare.

also, i've really been enjoying this Double Thai lately, i need to check out other strains with Thai genetics.

ilikesnacks,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
i do like the solo, it works well but and its good in a pinch or to conserve your stash but it just doesn't deliver the same intense high as a bong does - and rightfully so, as it isn't one, but that's the sort of high i'm looking for so its very far from being my daily driver.

i feel like i need to try a desktop vape to get something similar to the more intense stone i get from ripping a bong - i only suggested the cloud because that seems to be the closest, but i've heard good things about other desktops as well. i'm just weary of spending more money in search of a high that i might not get from vaping at all. but the whole reason i'm here is because i really like the IDEA of vaping and i'm curious to hear about how others find their highs compare.

also, i've really been enjoying this Double Thai lately, i need to check out other strains with Thai genetics.

First of all, the high from smoking is different from the high in vaporizing and the high when eating. To me, vaporizing is somewhere in between. It is more intense than smoking since it lasts longer and higher, but it is more in the head than in the body since you absorb more thc than with smoking.

How many Solo stems did you do in a row? Maybe just one is not enough for you..

I honestly believe that 99% will prefer vaping over smoking because you can replicate close to the same sensations as with smoking minus the cough, the smell of smoke and the tar in your lungs.

So, if i were you, i would buy a desktop. Or just do two or three Solo stems in a row.. if you are not high as a motherfucker, then there is something wrong going on.

vorrange,
Reactions: Puffers

ilikesnacks

right, if i sit down and do a few stems i'll get plenty high... but it takes forever, as opposed to a hit from a bong. i definitely think a desktop unit would be my next move but when you say things about how the high is longer and more intense with vaping are you talking about using a solo? because while i find that to be the case when comparing the solo to smoking a joint, i don't find that it compares to a bong.

i dont smoke anything other than pot so its not like i'm in love with combustion, i really think i should try a desktop setup but everyone seems way more psyched on the solo than i am and it makes me wonder.

ilikesnacks,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
It is not the same as smoking, it is better than smoking. After a while i did not get high anymore, i just got relaxed. With vaporizing i get hiiiigh, everytime!

Vaporizing also takes longer to kick in, usually about 15min but with time you learn to feel it as soon as you hit it. You learn the high.

I would buy the desktop as well but, no point in waiting really.

vorrange,

SunnyHours

Hell I'm in the same boat as you...although I can deal with not combusting with just my Solo I still long for something else...and that something else may very well be the Cloud :drool:

I still choke on a good hit from a solo...but it takes a slow and long pull to get that with the Solo.
Pretty sure the Cloud will 100% convert me to Vapor (that and a nicotine e-cig)

SunnyHours,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
For me, it was
Step 1: get a SSV
Step 1b: Combustion FUCKED :tup:

I've never been a cig smoker though.
I always used to smoke bongs, but was never such a fan of the harshness I'd feel in my throat and lungs...
Vapor is just so smooth and tasty :D
... when you say things about how the high is longer and more intense with vaping are you talking about using a solo? because while i find that to be the case when comparing the solo to smoking a joint, i don't find that it compares to a bong.
I find my Solo gets me just as high as my other vapes, by the time I've finished 1 stem at 7 through a bubbler I'm usually feeling pretty :ko:
It is a bit slower, but I don't find the high itself to be diminished with the solo.
:2c:

LumeKa

To me the subtlety would be that with combusting I get stone after a strong rise (quick heartbeat). With a bong it is quite the same with a stronger rise (don't know if "rise" is the proper word).
With vaping everything is way much more smooth, getting high seems to be almost natural.
So if you expect to have the same effect it could be disappointing.
Give vaping a real try, after a while you will probably (as it's my case) not like the rise and taste of combusting anymore.

Edward Hyde

To me the subtlety would be that with combusting I get stone after a strong rise (quick heartbeat). With a bong it is quite the same with a stronger rise (don't know if "rise" is the proper word).
With vaping everything is way much more smooth, getting high seems to be almost natural.
So if you expect to have the same effect it could be disappointing.
Give vaping a real try, after a while you will probably (as it's my case) not like the rise and taste of combusting anymore.

100% agreed...:nod:

Edward Hyde,

thesoloman

right, if i sit down and do a few stems i'll get plenty high... but it takes forever, as opposed to a hit from a bong. i definitely think a desktop unit would be my next move but when you say things about how the high is longer and more intense with vaping are you talking about using a solo? because while i find that to be the case when comparing the solo to smoking a joint, i don't find that it compares to a bong.

i dont smoke anything other than pot so its not like i'm in love with combustion, i really think i should try a desktop setup but everyone seems way more psyched on the solo than i am and it makes me wonder.
I also have a Arizer Extreem Q, it fills of a bag and has the whip attachment, it will get you more ripped faster because it has a larger bowl, my buddy loves my extreem q, whenever he come over he'll pack it as full as the bowl will let him pack it, close to a 1g ground, then let it sit on around 190C for about 5 mins and then fill up a bag on fan sped 1, which will give a vapor bag that you cant see through. When im looking for that fulfilling rip like you described, ill pack m solo with .3 (bomb calli danks) then let it warm up to heat level 4. I let my solo sit for about 2 mins one heated, then i get out a stopwatch, and after taking the deepest breaths i can (to oxygenate my blood) i time myself as i start inhaling by slowly ripping it and maintain that pace until my lungs are full, usually i can take drag for about 1 min 10 seconds. If you can do that 2 hits in a row and still aren't satisfied then i may agree that the solo isn't for you. But until you've tried it with the method i described above you have not fully experienced the solo. After the two hits it should be cashed or close to it.
Hope this helps you get that extra high you've been wanting.

thesoloman,
Reactions: tangodoll

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind

Have you hooked your solo up to a bong? After vapor bonging exclusively for months the wispy clouds of my mflb just kinda keep me goin now a days. Then when I get home I can load up the ssv and take that huge vapor bong rip that makes your brain flip flop, eyes close and face feel flush from that massive dose of thc. My ssv can deliver vapor so thick it's damn near like taking a dab if somethin like that can't get you ripped I don't know what will.

Puffers,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
ilikesnacks, have you read my OP? To make a successfull transition you have to stop combusting for a while, this is my experience and the general experience at FC for the best results. Also, i don't know your tolerance but vapor guys have it pretty low, in general. I suggest you get an Ed Stem and a DBV. The Ed stem because it has a bigger bowl and the DBV because it is the best big hitter at the price IMO.

Soooo, after all this talk about vaporizers, i would like to get back on topic guys. :cool: And the topic is Steps to Fuck Combustion, not Best Vaporizers to Fuck Combustion (maybe do a thread about it). ;)

vorrange,

ilikesnacks

sorry, i didnt mean to hijack your thread! thanks everyone, i'll take everything said under advisement.

i did try exclusively vaping for a few months and i do prefer vaping in terms of taste and cleanliness.. but i dont get the same satisfaction from it.

vaping still has a place in my routine but i haven't been able to convert fully.

ilikesnacks,
Top Bottom