• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

StemPod by MPL

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
@Summer: right, I get your point. I much prefer glass myself. But when it protrudes like that and when it's thinner on top of that, it's begging to get broken! :)

Ok, best way to use wax with this one. Just direct on coils?

Hell no mate! This is a dry herbs vaporizer. Better get a DT, CeraWax, Saionara or Motar attachment for concentrates. Otherwise you could maybe use a concentrate pad of some kind, hemp fiber, cotton or mixing with ABV or herb and put that in the bowl while cranking the temperature up.

But direct contact with metal coils would taste burnt and gross.

Summer

Long Island, NY
From Dan's published stream yesterday.

Showed this wooden cover for the Evic made by mistvape. He said it has a nice feel; makes the mod feel less boxy. http://www.mistvaporizer.com/

stem3_LI.jpg
stem2.jpg

stem7.jpg
stem8.jpg

The wooden stem is a prototype. The smaller airpath provides a little restriction that reduces harshness. You can also use it through water.

stem.jpg
stem5.jpg
stem1.jpg

Dan showed this mod in a story. It's the Geek Aegis. Coincidentally, I was just looking at this yesterday. This mod is shockproof & waterproof, so coupled with the SP, you got yourself a durable unit for outside activities like fishing.

dans_mod.jpg

And, lastly, on a personal note: Dan got a hair cut by about 3"(?), but it's still long. And we got to see his girlfriend. She's really cute.

Last edited:

HerbieVonVapster

From Dan's published stream yesterday.

Showed this wooden cover for the Evic made by mistvape. He said it has a nice feel; makes the mod feel less boxy. http://www.mistvaporizer.com/

Interesting not sure if adding wood to metal adds or distracts from look? I like the feel of wood more but stempods has a more modern theme with the silver and black silicon.

Glad see more items and choices thou coming out for 510 mods. Just not sure if that's one for me.

Look wise I enjoy stempod with something more modern looking like the wismec sinuous p80.
Lately I been running the coil of the month and had it on the lost vape paranormal due to those coil needing higher wattage. Like the look of that combo a lot.

142c744.jpg

jardri

Vapor Dreams
After a little odissey I received my Stempod today. I haven´t tried the unit yet but I can say that the wooden stashbox it comes with is huge, much more than i thought. I can also see that Dan did a little burnoff of the coils before sending and it´s a detail I appreciate because it comes perfectly placed and gives confidence for the noobs, like me, who are new to this boxmod world. Will update with more info once I make an in-depth review.

PoopMachine

Got my RX300, no difference sadly. Still not a wisp of vapor from this thing in either TC or wattage mode.

Im gonna play around with the TCR value later today and see if that helps but Im about to give up on this thing.

I gotta admit, I am pretty disappointed with this product. I kind of figured as long as it was in testing it would be spot on and Ive tried it on 3 difference mods with the exact same results... nothing.

For those of you that its working for, thats great. For me, its about to go in a drawer or in the marketplace.

HerbieVonVapster

Got my RX300, no difference sadly. Still not a wisp of vapor from this thing in either TC or wattage mode.

Im gonna play around with the TCR value later today and see if that helps but Im about to give up on this thing.

I gotta admit, I am pretty disappointed with this product. I kind of figured as long as it was in testing it would be spot on and Ive tried it on 3 difference mods with the exact same results... nothing.

For those of you that its working for, thats great. For me, its about to go in a drawer or in the marketplace.

Are the coils getting hot? Sounds like a bad coil if not working on 3 different mods.

What firmware are you using? AF software runs on the RX300 I would load that first and get it working. Once have it working then consider something like FJ or sur_evic for cruise.

https://nfeteam.org

Have not been reading the thread so it might have been said... but are the screws tight on the coil?

jardri

Vapor Dreams
I am testing my new Stempod and I cant set a tcr value over 200 in my mod. Why is it? Also when using Tc in ss mode my mod says short and does not mantain any wattage. In power mode it works flawlessly. Could my boxmod be deffective?

jardri,
Reactions: BigJr48

supershredderdan

Manufacturer
I am testing my new Stempod and I cant set a tcr value over 200 in my mod. Why is it? Also when using Tc in ss mode my mod says short and does not mantain any wattage. In power mode it works flawlessly. Could my boxmod be deffective?
What box mod? The default is profile won't work as that's going off the coil temp rather than the temp of the load, not sure why the tcr won't go past 200

PoopMachine

Are the coils getting hot? Sounds like a bad coil if not working on 3 different mods.

What firmware are you using? AF software runs on the RX300 I would load that first and get it working. Once have it working then consider something like FJ or sur_evic for cruise.

https://nfeteam.org

Have not been reading the thread so it might have been said... but are the screws tight on the coil?

The coils get hot. You can see them glow. The unit gets hot. It just produces zero vapor.

Ive bought extra coils and tried a set of those as well.

Ive played with airflow and that hasnt really done anything for me either.

Im currently running AF on the RX300. I set up a TC profile and a wattage profile and tried them both.

Admittedly I dont know much about modboxes and setting them up but I have some other 510 stuff (Divine Tribe, Sai, Source, etc) and that stuff works okay. This is the only dry herb vape I have for a 510 box and I cant get it to do anything. The concentrate stuff works like a champ.

PoopMachine,

HerbieVonVapster

Try importing this file into AF. Copy below into text editor or note pad the save with a CSV ext. Under material file pick on you don't use these instead.

"Temperature (degF)","Electrical Resistivity"

I

supershredderdan

Manufacturer
The coils get hot. You can see them glow. The unit gets hot. It just produces zero vapor.

Ive bought extra coils and tried a set of those as well.

Ive played with airflow and that hasnt really done anything for me either.

Im currently running AF on the RX300. I set up a TC profile and a wattage profile and tried them both.

Admittedly I dont know much about modboxes and setting them up but I have some other 510 stuff (Divine Tribe, Sai, Source, etc) and that stuff works okay. This is the only dry herb vape I have for a 510 box and I cant get it to do anything. The concentrate stuff works like a champ.
What's your airflow at and how long are your pulls

supershredderdan,

Hippie

Yay - Delivery Day :nod::clap:
It looks sweet sat on my shiny new Invoke with a 27mm heat sink

I tried a few more 4.5 wrap builds round my 6x2mm stick ....
22/32 clapton wire was nice to build with but a bit too glowy for my liking
28*2/32 fused clapton wire was very similar

So now I'm using .... Super Juggernaut wire!!!! :rockon:
It says (28 + 32)*24 + 0.1*0.5 on the packet which I think is 28/32 clapton wire laid next to 24 gauge round wire and wrapped in a 0.1 x .05mm ribbon.
It's nice wire to build with and settled to about 0.14 ohms quickly, which I'm hoping will lead better battery life compared to the Super Clapton.
It ran surprisingly well at 220W in TC mode lol (new mod) and sat there kind of purring at temp just on the edge of glowing as the stock Invoke firmware pulsed the power to maintain the temp. At a slightly more reserved 70W max power setting it's very samey, pulsing on the edge of glowing, after taking a little longer to get up to heat altho still waay quicker than the Super Clapton build on the Cuboid.
Under heavy load it holds temp well but it onscreen it says it's drawing upto 55W to do that so I'm not sure there's gonna be any power saving, time will tell tho I guess as that amount of glow is OK for me I think so I'm gonna keep it on for a few days for further testing while I try out the other firmware options :science:

gleck0de

Sincerely,

Something is not right. Users can't replicate experiences and this device is much too dependant on tinkering and randomly falling onto correct settings. I do realize with the world of MODs that performance will vary, but this device should not be sold as "ready to go". It's a DIY device in the purest form, and a lot of effort is left on the user to faciliate its correct usage.

I'm not being difficcult, but I've been with this device for well over 3 weeks, trying to make it my daily driver for its slim style appeal. Zero.

It will perform, but cranking 60watts or glowing red-red coils is not the correct approach.

I made a mistake with this device. I bougth a DNA250C mod, a Tubo Evic Wooden Stem, S&B Capsules, an Alan wood stem, a cooling fin... the device underperforms.

Please rethink, reread.

gleck0de,
Reactions: Dubmonkey

jardri

Vapor Dreams
I am having a good experience since the beginning. I use 42,5 W airflow almost closed and I pull at a medium speed. I get good taste and good vapor and if I want it denser I just have to pull slower. I am using the stock coils and mouthpiece and a shitty mod. Coils dont glow while using.

But I dislike 2 things:

First the capsules didnt work as expected. Didnt fit well and didnt give enough vapor.

Second the oil the stashbox is treated with smells like rotten, it is very unpleasant and affects the taste of the stempod so i have to keep things out of the wood. The first day the taste was awful even after a deep cleaning.

Edit: One thing i noticed is that i have to push the stem to the bottom or the oring will lift it a little and the performance will decrease. This may be causing the issues commented above.

Last edited:
My StemPod ended up in the 'drawer'. :(

No offense guys but the Splinter killed the StemPod.

The Good:

The StemPod presentation was awesome (wood case especially). The customer service was incredible. The build quality was tip top (no rattles or other mfgr defects). Standard size stems and adapters. I believe (IME) all those things are missing from anything you buy from RBT. However, the Splinter vape is just simply better (for me).

The constant changing of the air ports in the Stempod (caused by the outer sleeve twisting) were out of the question. You definitely need a way to LOCK that outer sleeve from spinning. That is the single biggest thing that put the vape into the dreaded 'drawer'.

I also didn't like the way the O-ring locks onto the stem and pulls the sleeve off. However, there were options to remove that O-ring (that I did not try) and if the sleeve was stabilized, the problem of the O-ring might heal itself.

I think the StemPod took a tiny bit more learning curve but, Overall, I believe, (eventually) you can probably get equal performance out of either vape.

I also think the StemPod is a bit more stealthy and, I actually like the look better (just personal opinion there). Interchangeable coils... very nice.

Overall an incredible company with a very nice product......

It's that damned outer sleeve.

Top Bottom