StemPod by MPL

TNT_error

Good news for those using the following mods that want cruise control. FJ firmware is good but this allows similar features and supports addition mods.
  • Joyetech
    • eVic VTC Mini
    • eVic VTC Dual
    • eVic VTwo Mini
    • eVic VTwo
    • eVic AIO
    • eVic Basic
    • eGrip II / Light
    • Cuboid
    • Cuboid Mini
    • Cuboid 200
    • Evic Primo v1 / v2
    • Evic Primo mini
    • Evic Primo SE
  • Wismec
    • Presa TC75W
    • Presa TC100W
    • Reuleaux RX75
    • Reuleaux RX200S
    • Reuleaux RX2/3
    • Reuleaux RXmini
    • Reuleaux RX300
    • Sinuous + Predator 228W
    • Reuleaux RX Gen3
    • Reuleaux RX Gen3 Dual
    • RX2 20700
    • Sinuous P80
    • Sinuous FJ200
    • RX2 21700
  • Eleaf
    • Invoke
    • iKuu
    • Vaponaute La Petite Box

Currently with my wismec sinuous 80 only thing not working right are side led. Nice that they still work and in cruise are extra added safety feature. Sadly now only I can choice one color for lights. Use to change color depending on battery level.

For $30 bucks I'm really pleased with it's performance with the stempod.
With the stempod under $100 bucks currently. Just add this mod and have yourself a kickass 130 dollar convection regulated or unregulated user choiceable vaporizer. I think it's worth the cost.

With this new firmware I highly recommend it with the stempod. Between way it fires using the side panel, size, led lights to remind you if still in cruise.

Add the highly customizable software you can get great hits. Not DNA quality but not bad at all. All the setting are adjustable on the mod, you really can't go wrong.

Personally I feel they make a nice look combo together and find it's even pocketable. Took it hiking was perfect could take a hit and slide in front pocket easy when finished or passed other hiker.

24zgbd1.jpg

Anyways off to try a new coil from the mad rabbit premade wheel. Liked the staggered coil 0.30 ohms but ready to try something new. Next up is Alien Clapton coil 0.28ohms. So far listed ohms seem right on these with the 2 coils reading half of listed value on mod. This wheel was $16 free shipping on eBay. Use seller so 2-3 days delivery.
Thought this as a good way to get a feel of styles of different coils without spending a lot.

evliquids_madrabbit_coil_wheel.jpg

Still debating on this coil kit- Thoughts?
61m4p-kWmTL._SL1001_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Complete-Diagonal-Scissors-Screwdriver-Tweezers/dp/B07CKL6ZTF/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1534104418&sr=8-14&keywords=coil+making+kit&refinements=p_72:2661618011
I have a similar kit for my ecig vapes. That's a legit kit, and has the essentials .I find that you mostly just need the meter, winders, and maybe the tweezers. The rest we should have laying around somewhere. There are better coil winders though .You should check out the products from coilmaster .They got it all.

HerbieVonVapster

I am looking at several mods to pair it with.

Vapecige Creator DNA 75C (DNA Chip 75W dual 18650)
Vapresso Polar (Omni 4.0 chip - 220W dual 1850)
Vapresso Armour Pro (Omni 4.0 chip - 100W single battery 18650, 20700, 21700)
Voopoo Drag (Gene chip 157 W - dual 18650)

I am thinking that the DNA will have the best TCR usage but it goes for about $120 CAD if you can find it since it is out of stock most places and then the other alternative for a DNA 75C would be the LostVape Mirage which I think is about $150 CAD.

You can't really go wrong with the DNA.
Also heard the vapor drag is good.

If you went for something else would suggest looking into something can run AF FJ or MircoSur SME software that I forgot to link above.

https://github.com/MicroSur/sur_myevic

The more I been playing with this MircoSur software the more I'm really liking it.
It's does a good job allowing me AF and Escribe setting. Easy to adjust all the setting within the mod. It offers many extra things not available in escribe or AF. Worth a look if your mod can run it.

Altho it's not as good as a DNA chip it does a decent job of mimicking some of the DNA performance. You can pick up most of the listed mods above for a reasonable price.

I use stempod almost 100% time now on the wismec sinuous 80. Really been enjoy the small size portability of this small mod over my DNA mod.

Granted the stempod is more my travel vaporizer and for out and about. Now if was my main home vaporizer it be worth buying a full time DNA for it.

So far I really been enjoying this combo. Now with MircoSur software offering cruise, on mod settings and close to the DNA performance on a $30 mod I'm super happy.

If looking for a great little travel setup this is one I would recommend. Grab a wooden stem and you have a reasonably priced sturdy vaporizer. With out any glass not much other than mod to break. Can slip it in a pocket side light are handy. For camping, hiking outdoor use it can take a drop or two. Worse case I'm out $30 bucks for mod.

supershredderdan

Manufacturer
You can't really go wrong with the DNA.
Also heard the vapor drag is good.

If you went for something else would suggest looking into something can run AF FJ or MircoSur SME software that I forgot to link above.

https://github.com/MicroSur/sur_myevic

The more I been playing with this MircoSur software the more I'm really liking it.
It's does a good job allowing me AF and Escribe setting. Easy to adjust all the setting within the mod. It offers many extra things not available in escribe or AF. Worth a look if your mod can run it.

Altho it's not as good as a DNA chip it does a decent job of mimicking some of the DNA performance. You can pick up most of the listed mods above for a reasonable price.

I use stempod almost 100% time now on the wismec sinuous 80. Really been enjoy the small size portability of this small mod over my DNA mod.

Granted the stempod is more my travel vaporizer and for out and about. Now if was my main home vaporizer it be worth buying a full time DNA for it.

So far I really been enjoying this combo. Now with MircoSur software offering cruise, on mod settings and close to the DNA performance on a $30 mod I'm super happy.

If looking for a great little travel setup this is one I would recommend. Grab a wooden stem and you have a reasonably priced sturdy vaporizer. With out any glass not much other than mod to break. Can slip it in a pocket side light are handy. For camping, hiking outdoor use it can take a drop or two. Worse case I'm out $30 bucks for mod.
Just downloaded this on my sinuous p80, is there any way to set the cruise/afire to something more deliberate than a short button hold? I find a double click is safe enough to not happen accidentally. Cool software though thanks for sharing!

HerbieVonVapster

Just downloaded this on my sinuous p80, is there any way to set the cruise/afire to something more deliberate than a short button hold? I find a double click is safe enough to not happen accidentally. Cool software though thanks for sharing!

The best instruction for SME are the Russian one in the link. Explains all the settings and what they do. Some of the 3d screens adds some neat effect.

The one in english are old so need use translator browser add-on

https://github.com/MicroSur/sur_myevic/blob/master/README_ru.md

kuzko

Received my Stempod today, I’m planning on testing it out tonight.

Is anyone using theirs on a Lost Vape Therion 75c? I’m wondering what the best TC settings are for this mod.

b0

Cloudy...
StemPod on his way!!

Gonna search the settings for AF to be ready when it arrives...:razz:

Edit: I remember reading somewhere that with the new coils there is no TC, is that true?

duff

Well worn
Been using the Stempod with the o-ring today just to see if I can get as good results as without the o-ring. I love how tightly the o-ring holds all stems so I'd really prefer to use it.

Once I changed the screen to a rimless one the results have been very good.
No drop off in production and flavor might actually be a little better. Although I'm not sure on that.

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
What is the diameter of the StemPod? Is the silicone outer skin removable? Trying to find a side box mod for this....

Haze Mister,

fogbank

Hm, if it's a clean break you might be able to use a keck clip you have laying around @fogbank. Or potentially a DIY keck clip out of a paper clip somehow? :hmm:

As far as a replacement stem, there's not many materials you can "safely" use. Someone did use a titanium nail as a stem for their SP a couple pages back though.

Not a clean break, unfortunately, but thanks for the tip.

I sent a PM to @supershredderdan for a new stem (I appreciate the friendly service!).

Here is the humm.. the owl?

2nbaluu.jpg

Can you tell me where you got the stem in this picture? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

cpk

Brother of the Leaf
What are some of the basics settings for the notch coils that are shipping as parts ordered ? I am really surprised to see these as the unit shipped with clapton coils.

cpk,

ray_b

Been using the Stempod with the o-ring today just to see if I can get as good results as without the o-ring. I love how tightly the o-ring holds all stems so I'd really prefer to use it.
Yeah, I like the fit the o-ring provides too and I prefer it.

Has anyone had any experience with the Omni 4.0 chip or the Gene chip?

I have no direct experience with either board but I did research and consider buying the Vaporesso Polar, VooPoo Drag, and VooPoo Too. There appears to be some firmware problems with the Polar, this reviewer, who regularly tests TC mode on his review mods, says that TC/TCR works but the settings are out of whack. There's also reports of excessive watts right at start up in VW mode, look for the review by YouTube reviewer PBusardo.

By all accounts both VooPoo mods are great in TC mode with on-board programming of custom curves. I've been looking at buying a Drag for a while now. When the price dropped to $37US I was going to pull the trigger when I found out about the new Modefined Lyra box mod for only $40US. Modefined is a sister company to or owned by Lost Vape of DNA mod renown. The Lyra is a nice mod with fantastic TC/TCR. It's very bare bones, no custom curves, no different preheat settings but it doesn't need them, it's works great as is.

You may also want to check out box mods from Smoant, their mods do TC/TCR right. I own the Charon Mini and Battlestar Mini and I'm very pleased with both. Other FCers have reported good experiences with the Smoant Cylon and Knight.

Here's one of my favored water rigs for use with the StemPod for minimal flavor loss.

OiqzAwfL_o.jpg

qKHdIWyM_o.jpg

Last edited:

b0

Cloudy...
What are some of the basics settings for the notch coils that are shipping as parts ordered ? I am really surprised to see these as the unit shipped with clapton coils.

I ordered the extra coils expecting the new ones, hope I don't get the notch ones :doh:

b0,

kuzko

That's what I have. I like nickel 200 around 30w (give or take) and set the temp between 340-390. Enjoy!
[/QUOTE]

Thank you! This is working out well so far. A little bit less thick vapor than 35W in power mode.

I was setting it at ss316 at first because that’s what I kept reading to use but I was getting no vapor at all. The nickel 200 seems to work much better.

fogbank

I ordered the extra coils expecting the new ones, hope I don't get the notch ones :doh:

I asked Dan to include extra coils with my original StemPod order, but they did not come. I asked him about it and he sent them right away. My StemPod came with the Clapton coils installed, but I received the notched coils as extras. Personally I don't mind because it's just one more option to try.

I can attest to the performance of the Clapton coils. I've been very pleased with the performance of my SP. I'm running it on an Eleaf Pico 75W which is running the AF firmware. I set the StemPod profile to 35w initially, but just bumped it to 40w. I'm sure that I will have more testing\tweaking to do before I'm satisfied.

How are others managing the o-ring? I would prefer to have a snug fit with my stem, but the o-ring seems tricky to seat and it doesn't stay in place when I remove the stem.

almost there

I asked Dan to include extra coils with my original StemPod order, but they did not come. I asked him about it and he sent them right away. My StemPod came with the Clapton coils installed, but I received the notched coils as extras. Personally I don't mind because it's just one more option to try.

I can attest to the performance of the Clapton coils. I've been very pleased with the performance of my SP. I'm running it on an Eleaf Pico 75W which is running the AF firmware. I set the StemPod profile to 35w initially, but just bumped it to 40w. I'm sure that I will have more testing\tweaking to do before I'm satisfied.

How are others managing the o-ring? I would prefer to have a snug fit with my stem, but the o-ring seems tricky to seat and it doesn't stay in place when I remove the stem.
I’ve only did an initial fitting while having the o ring and I toke it off right after. My stems feel totally secure without it so I don’t feel the need to put it back

HerbieVonVapster

What is the diameter of the StemPod? Is the silicone outer skin removable? Trying to find a side box mod for this....

26mm wide on the metal, 27.5 mm around the silicon. The silicon is removable. So far I haven't found anything it fits on SBS mod wise.

That's what I have. I like nickel 200 around 30w (give or take) and set the temp between 340-390. Enjoy!

The coils are SS 316L. I only run my stempod only in TC. Running a set of Allen Clapton coils resistance locked 0.15 ohm 50watts and temperature set at 385.

Kinda surpriced it running in TC mode under the nickel setting for you. How well is the temperature scaling? Would think with resistance being very different btw nickel and SS it wouldn't be performing at its best.

Have you tried the 316 in materials? I have some 316L material csv file if needed in fcshare file.

Or use this 316L one.

"Temperature (degF)","Electrical Resistivity"

Copy to notepad the save as a csv ext.

Under material in escribe you can highlight the coil material. It show you a graph of how the resistance changes with temperature. Notice how different 316SS is compared to nickel. You can import above file on that screen.

Here is nickel just to show difference between these material to better explain this. Notice how different the resistance value are? The first number is temperature second is the resistance so in below 212 is temp second numbers 1.3542 is resistance.

"Temperature (degF)","Electrical Resistivity"

Since mods uses these value to plot accurate temperatures its important to use the correct material settings. Along with running thermal case analyzer in Escribe.

Hope this helps there's tons of info on DNA and other mods. How to set them up and other useful info links etc in the last couple pages of below linked thread. Not going get into how TCR works compared to using coil material. Its lot to type and already covered below.
Hint ones a curve others a line :)

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/tc-box-mods-firmware-discussions-and-customizing.23742/

Last edited:
HerbieVonVapster,
Reactions: KeroZen

Summer

Long Island, NY
Dan, just did a fun, IG livestream & he just published it. He double-deckered a S&B dosing cap on top of a herb basket which is sitting in an 18mm gong. So after he exhausts the capsule, he finishes up the basket. Cool! I think he connoted that it was the closest to FP vapor as the SP can get. The FP 2 hit vapor = the SP 4 hit vapor. Anyway, in case I'm wrong, don't quote me.
canabis.gif
Watch the replay for yourself. And, Dan, does some guitar strumming within. :clap:

Shoot, forgot to say, he discussed the direction he's taking with the SP & MP. Worth joining IG for, imo. :nod: ;) And no, @Hogni, I'm not doing a Summer summarization this time. :lol:

Last edited:

ray_b

From the original StemPod instructions, settings for notch coils:

TCR=285; 35-40 watts; temperature range 360-420 (varies by material density and load size)

Summer

Long Island, NY
Thanks to BobCat on the VLF:

*Saturday's marathon 4hr 5minute stream. Stempod begins 29 minute mark & follow this through to the 60 min. mark. During this time he goes over to the Tubo & then back again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AopRUA_ZtUc

And then, further in, he goes back to the StemPod again with & w/o a j-hook, but I can't find it for the life of me in the stream.

Last edited:

sickmanfraud

How do you get the o ring back in? Mine came out with a stem and I can't get it back in.

sickmanfraud,
Top Bottom