• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

StemPod by MPL

Summer

Long Island, NY
Not sure how long I can live for, the StemPod been wrecking me lately and it's hard to hold out for more, but I'll probably sacrifice my sanity for the good of the StemPod.

Well, whether your demise is physical or mental, all I can say is "Goodbye, AJ! Thanks for everything you done for us." :lol: Just be sure you post those vids & do that livestream before your final exit. ;)

Edited to add: Maybe you could get your big cloud-blowing, coughing friend do some hits for us. :brow:

Depending on the manufacturer they use the a preset TCR value for either 304, 316, 317, 316L or 317L stainless steel and just call it SS
As they're all quite close it doesn't make much difference in my experience

Last OT mod question. So being crystal clear, no matter what the mfr. presets the TC SS value for, TC SS mode will work for all the values. Correct? Now is there any advantage of TC SS over wattage?

Last edited:

Hippie

These are the SS TCR values in question

SS316L: 0.00092

SS316: 0.000915

SS317L: 0.00088

SS317: 0.000875

SS304: 0.00105

The 316, 316L, 317 and 317L TCR values are that close it makes little difference if it's not the right one.

I'm gonna body swerve the wattage question as not to confuse the issue, as you still need to set the wattage in temp control mode anyways.
Temp control is really a power cut off when the coil reaches the set temperature (calculated from its changing resistance) and it re-applies power again when the coil has cooled below a set point. Onscreen they switch between temp protect (denoting that it's reached the set temperature) and the temperature reading of the coil if it's below the set temperature, to give you some idea of what it's doing.
In TC mode the wattage equates to how fast the coil is heated. ie The more power you apply the quicker it'll heat up BUT you can overshoot the required temperature if the wattage is set too high.
So in practice most TC ecig users set the wattage a little higher than required and start with a low temperature setting and keep increasing it until they get the vapour production they want.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Right, excepted what you describe only applies to the crap stock TC algo as found in joyetech/eleaf/wismec and possibly even lesser known brands.

When using better chipsets, or just upgrading your firmware to ArticFox/myevic/tuboevic with the above-mentioned brands, you get a much smoother and efficient PI(D) mode where the power is continuously changed in real-time, not just a mere and crude on-off switching (well obviously if it's PWM under the hood it's still on-off switching technically, but you get the idea)

AJS

Calm Consistency
Sorry for the double post.

StemPod held up though my week of beta testing flawlessly. Went through my daily routine and StemPod never failed to meet the needs of the situation at hand . Quick hits, super rips, cold starts, , flavor rips, session vaping, performed them all great. My super rips weren't even at the highest temp, I could probably still bump up 20-30 degrees and get dark brown abv but this is already too much for me as it is. Check out the last super rip video: https://instagram.com/p/BkdaKn5FHDr/

Thanks for letting me test Dan!

AJS

Calm Consistency
Thanks a lot for your reviews, very instructive, @AJS

BTW why are you turning the device while toking??

@supershredderdan , good job! Will there come some changes after beta-testing or are pre-order batch devices the same as the betas have in use?
It's something I've done since my Nano and LSV days. If it is easy to do, I see no reason not to to ensure I get the most even abv possible.

supershredderdan

Manufacturer
Thanks a lot for your reviews, very instructive, @AJS

BTW why are you turning the device while toking??

@supershredderdan , good job! Will there come some changes after beta-testing or are pre-order batch devices the same as the betas have in use?
the launch batch will be mostly the same as the beta devices but with a few small cosmetic and ease of use changes. Function and features in the beta prototype are representative of the final units.

jimsmith90210

Who Is Nate?
Watching this thread closely now...

It looks like my eLeaf iStick Pico 75W won't work with the Stempod, as the attachment is too wide (Pico can handle 23mm-24mm max). I'm considering an Evic Primo Mini 80W.

Thanks!

The maker of the Stempod told me is will work fine on a Pico 75w, just need a heat sink.

jimsmith90210,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
He takes his big hits seriously, his seshes consist of packing a nug in a bowl. Ripping it for flavor. Flipping it, ripping again, more flavor and dries out the herb. Crumbles to a powder then rips the shit out of it and gets some of the biggest hits you've seen.

Sounds like my kind of guy. That's how I hit Herbie and anything else that can take it. Whole nugs rule!

jimsmith90210

Who Is Nate?
I'm already missing it :(

Curious how well you think the Stempod does the "unregulated thing" like a Milaana or Lil' Bud.

I know you're not doing direct comparisons of devices, but I'm just talking about that type of a device.

jimsmith90210,

Summer

Long Island, NY
It looks like heat sinks come in slightly different sizes so I have some research to do.

It really doesn't matter unless you are using it on small mod like the Pico where only a 22mm will fit. I'd probably just go with that and be done with it. That way you can still use it on a larger mod if you want but have the flexibility to go smaller too.

Check out www.fasttech.com

Summer,

RelaxedNow

Looks good, so I just placed my order, but I haven’t picked up a mod yet. Given my desire to use funkyjunky’s firmware, two-battery capacity, and wanting to avoid bothering with ArcticFox, I think I’ll order a VTC Dual. Any comments, pro or con, on that choice? Better options?

RelaxedNow,
Reactions: cpk

RelaxedNow

This is just my preference in a mod -- my :2c:. Only thing I don't know is which mods will run funkyjunky's software. Anyone have a link to a list?

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/w...onvection-510-vapes.25465/page-8#post-1272899

Thanks to both of you for your replies. Plenty of info at those links to get me started. :tup:

fogbank

Thanks, I ordered a Kepler 22mm heat sink off of eBay for about $6. There are many less expensive offers on eBay but they all come from China and take up to a month to deliver. If my eBay purchase doesn't work out I will check Fasttech.

At this point I'm really leaning towards pre-ordering the Stempod. I just need a little "nudge" before I click the "order" button. The more I read on this thread the closer I get...

Top Bottom