• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Steele Concept Christmas Contest - FREE GIVEAWAY

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Is that the end of the contest? I have a few more movies that I wanted to mention, but didn't want to post them due to the rules of the contest. There are some great Christmas flicks that were never brought up.

Deadshort480,

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Is that the end of the contest? I have a few more movies that I wanted to mention, but didn't want to post them due to the rules of the contest. There are some great Christmas flicks that were never brought up.

You can mention some more movies now if you'd like. I looked back and saw your entry was Rudolph so that is your single entry that we count.

I'm off to an Xmas gathering ill try and announce a winner later this evening or tomorrow. Have a safe and happy holiday everyone.

Steele Concept,

lwien

^^ Now THAT was a teaser.

"Ok, I'm here, and the winner is......................after the break."

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Update: There are 52 total eligible Xmas movies. I wrote them all down and am going to a family gathering, imma give the list to family members and say pick your favorite, the movie with the most family selections will be the champion.

This is the fairest way to do it and my family knows I manufacture water pipes so most of them will think its cool... With the exception of a straightedge fat ol' old Scrooge there lol :). Eh gotta have one. Peace, love and happiness everyone.

Deadshort480

I don't think it was mentioned. Miracle on 34th Street is a timeless Christmas movie that I've enjoyed since I was a kid. Reindeer Games is such a bad movie that it makes a great Christmas movie. Surviving Christmas is another Ben Affleck Christmas debacle.

There is a short movie that I absolutely love, but I don't think many folks are even aware of its existence. I have watched Emmit Otter's Jugband Christmas every Christmas for as long as I can remember. It is almost as special to me as Rudolph is. I don't think I can go a Christmas without watching those two movies.

Deadshort480,

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
...and the Winner is... LWIEN! Congratulations and thanks for playing everyone.

Here are the results from our double-blind statistically significant study ;)

I asked a total of 12 people (including myself). These consisted of friends and family and here are the results:

A Christmas Story - 5 votes

Christmas Vacation - 2 votes

A Charlie Brown Christmas - 1 vote

It's a Wonderful Life - 1 vote

Love Actually - 1 vote

Frosty the Snowman - 1 vote

Mickey's Christmas Carol - 1 vote (This was my vote)

Mickey's Christmas Carol holds a special place in my heart due to nostalgia so I am a bit bias.

When it comes down to best Christmas movie... IMHO it's really a no brainer in terms of American Classics. You've got A Christmas Story and It's a Wonderful Life. It's a Wonderful Life is very long and isn't all about Xmas... It's a bit heavy but a rewarding watch. A Christmas Story just has so many highlights and quotable parts, it's a solid 8 on IMDB. An easy and enjoyable classic. These two though are the Xmas Heavy hitters IMHO.

I definitely want to see Love Actually, after a friend told me more about it.

The Year Without a Santa Claus is my favorite claymation along with Nestor the Long Eared Christmas Donkey (this ones is a bit tough for our modern "soft" children) Kinda like Bambi-esque in a way.

Christmas Vacation, Bad Santa, Elf and Harold and Kumar Xmas are excellent Xmas comedies.

Thanks everyone for participating.

Deadshort480

One of the finest Christmas movies for sure. It is playing constantly on at least one television all day at my folk's house on Christmas day.

Congrats, lwien! Pictures of your new setup will be necessary. Thank you so much to SC for the opportunity to win one of these awesome pieces. This has been a fun and really cool contest.

Merry Christmas to all you FCers.

Deadshort480,
Reactions: t-dub

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Big congrats to lwien!!

Congrats to Lwien our elderly brother! I think you'll love the SC+LSV combo, that's what I use for my daily driver. 1 hit TKO's with that combo for sure.

This Just In...

I couldn't in good faith give Lwien a unit, without rewarding another member for the Christmas movie I personally would have picked. It is with great pleasure I announce Hoops as our runner up prize. I wasn't planning on this but... I'm receiving a unit that a retailer is returning b/c of scratching (this was detailed in my thread) it's purely aesthetic and i'd like you to have it Hoops. It looks like you've got some dope ass glass, id like to see what you think of the SC.

Mickey's Christmas Carol for the mother ****** WIN!

Merry Christmas to all and all a good night :)

Decorated%20Christmas%20Tree.jpg

As a side note if you guys could do reviews, that'd be great.

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
One of the finest Christmas movies for sure. It is playing constantly on at least one television all day at my folk's house on Christmas day.

I know right? The funniest part was the movie was playing at my relatives house we were at and one of them was like... "I've never seen this movie" I was like "You've GOT to be kidding"

That's like not seeing Lion King or The Shawshank Redemption or something... UNFORGIVEABLE ;)

Deadshort480

That's awesome! Congrats to you as well Hoops! Very cool of you SC, very cool. I love FC.

Deadshort480,

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Wow, this really made my day Steve, thanks man. I would be proud and honored to put together a review of your piece as I've been following your thread for quite some time. Couldn't be happier.

No problem Hoops. Ya gotta be in in to win it baby :rockon:

Lwien - same deal Spock, Hendrix etc. you got it.

Thanks for playing everyone and stay fly FC.

Stone__Man

congrats to the winners. :clap:

and I repeat the waltons homecoming is a great movie, I think it also has 8 rating at imdb btw. It is probably one of the very best "depression era" movies ever made regardless of season.

I will assume most have not seen it, as no one else mention it, trust me when I say, make a point to view this movie, its pure golden Americanna , and will take you through many emotions.

Remember all, Christmas is supposed to be a celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ, not the commercial spectacle its become in America, folks spending money they don't have cause they feel "obligated" to spend spend spend. I will stop there before I get on a roll lol

Peace all, and thanks Steele Concept for giving back a little.

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Congrats to the winners. Lwien :ninja: 'd in for the win. That most definitely woulda been my pick if it hadn't been taken, as it was a classic at my house too of course lol

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
WOW !! I can finally graduate from my mini-beaker. Thanks a bunch SC. MUCH, MUCH appreciated !!
I think this is going to make my LSV very happy. :)

True story. Was rooting for you, ever since we were talking about the Mobius and SFV LHS.

I'm glad you won, as I think it will be a mutually beneficial relationship, for both of you. Congratulations and I will be looking forward to your impressions, once you receive it.

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Congratulations guys!

Not that I ever had any illusions I was in this to win it myself, but I can't help feeling a little disappointed in your taste of movies after this one, mr. Steele
stickpoke.gif
:p :lol:

Kudos for this great xmas contest nevertheless though :tup:

And thanks to everyone for all the movie tips too, I discovered at least a few new-to-me little gems in here.

OhTheAgony,
Reactions: Vicki
Top Bottom