Gear Starting/Ending weights (Raw Material)

Sidereally

Hi,
OK, I have a 710 Tech Stainless Steel Quarter Pound tube.
I pack it with 112 grams of prepared starting material, pack it down (not TOO tight)
Run 6 cans of Power 5 through it, let the 'tane boil off, then scrape up, purge, and weigh.
9.9 grams (Call it 10 grams for this thread)

I also empty my tubes almost immediately (Still cold) (I find that helps keep it cleaner, longer)

So, I empty the tube into a ziplock, let that sit for a day to let the butane completely boil off, then weighed the result the other day.
81 grams of spent weed in the bag.

To start over:
112 grams (Starting weight)
Minus 10 grams (BHO Yield)
Equals 102 grams. (In theory)
Minus 81 grams (Actual ending weight of raw material)
Equals 21 grams.?????
I understand some wax's & Lipids were lost in purging, but THIS much? (20%?)

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...

Sidereally,

Sidereally

Fresh, I buy the jar shake from a dispensary here in Denver, dry enough to roll a doob, or pack a bowl and it would smoke fine. (grown well enough that the ash is white)
So, I'd say probably 10-15% moisture (Denver is High Arid Desert.)
On a 1-10 scale I'd say 7 on the dank/sticky side, but like I said, definitely dry enough to smoke as plain weed. (My brother in law is NOT a connoisseur, but he said he'd smoke that shit all day long for $50/z)

But I've also seen this with older raw material (15-20% weight disappearance.)
I only started weighing the ending weight out of boredom, but then the results kinda freaked me out, so I figured I'd ask around.

Sidereally,

Sidereally

IMG_0175.JPG
IMG_0176.JPG
IMG_0177.JPG
IMG_0179.JPG

Sidereally,
Reactions: 215z

Sidereally

Tell you what, I'll blast one single ounce tomorrow, and take weight shots of everything, the starting OZ, the purged BHO and the blasted material.
Maybe breaking down from a Qupe to an OZ might help (I've posted this question at a few places hoping GW would check in and read.)

DabComa

Stuck in Dab Coma
For running 112 g of flowers, even shake you should get more then 10 g of oil, I would think at least.

I run 28 g of premium flower, and get 5-7 grams varying slightly, but the end weights always add up properly.

Just to throw it in there, I pack as tight as I possibly can in my tube, the longer it takes the butane to get through the tube when I start blasting, the more thoroughly I feel that goodies are being grabbed. If butane comes out instantly upon blasting, how do you expect a reaction to occur?

Jared

Cannabis Enthusiast
I looked up the dispensary you got that from and if you're paying 160/oz like the menu says for the shake you should absolutely be getting more than 10g oil...I would think even with not so great trim you should be getting more than that. I usually get around 4-6g from mid shelf oz of nug so with a qp of shake you should be getting wayyyyyy more than 10. I'd try blasting smaller amounts and packing it tighter. When I pack my oz tube I usually pack it as tight as I can within reason. Sometimes it takes so long for the butane to start running out that I think something has gone wrong but eventually it'll start spraying out that beautiful gold.

Last edited:
Top Bottom