• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Spry Vaporizer

PoopMachine

This is more of a dab rig but since the Errlectric has its own thread and this is something different, I thought Id put up a thread about it. I saw their prototypes at The Cannabis Cup, unfortunately I didnt get to see them working.

img1.jpg

The Prodigy is a revolutionary vapor rig that brings together everything you love about vaporizing. In a simple, convenient, all-in-one wireless system, the Prodigy bridges the gap between traditional glass water pipes and e-nails.

The Prodigy looks like a traditional water pipe or bong, but it’s much more than that. With an all-electric heating system, custom integrated medical-grade titanium nail, and full temperature control, the Prodigy has all the features you would expect from a modern day vaporizer with the convenience of a simple water pipe.

No torches, no cumbersome attachments, and easy to clean, the Prodigy is the result of years of research and using products that simply did not make sense.

They had a pre-order for $420 at the show. I think they said retail on it was around $750.00. I talked to them about the device for a while so I might be able to answer any questions.

tepictoton

Any idea if this would come/work with their nail that also vaporizes herbs? That would make it a lot more interesting in my humble opinion.

How does this thing work? Any user videos?

How is the heat created? Are electronis seperated from air path?

thanks for sharing

tepictoton,

PoopMachine

Its battery powered and charges "wirelessly." They said there will also be different percs and necks that can be swapped out. I also know its not made in the US. When I spoke to the guys designing it, I specifically asked them and they laughed at me and said "We wanted to sell it for less than $2000 so its made in China."

Its strictly an oil vaporizer.. has a TI nail that heats up VERY quickly. I shoulda linked their website. Ive been meaning to post this since we got back and I couldnt remember the name of the damn thing. I pulled the pamphlets we brought back with us last night just to find the name of it.

Check their website for more info:
http://feelspry.com/

MikeInMiami

After browsing the website, I noticed they say you only get 30 minutes of usage before you need to recharge the battery. Kinda a deal breaker for me. And you know companies tend to fluff those numbers in their favor.

But a cool concept none the less, I would love to see some usage vids.

MikeInMiami,

PoopMachine

After browsing the website, I noticed they say you only get 30 minutes of usage before you need to recharge the battery. Kinda a deal breaker for me. And you know companies tend to fluff those numbers in their favor.

But a cool concept none the less, I would love to see some usage vids.

I hung out at their booth at the cup a LONG time and they had shatter there but never put either of the units into use. I was kind of sad about that.

PoopMachine,

MikeInMiami

I hung out at their booth at the cup a LONG time and they had shatter there but never put either of the units into use. I was kind of sad about that.
yeah that's a shame, I'd like to hear someone's first hand experience with one. Did you get to hold/examine it? If so, did it feel like a quality piece of kit? I'm also a little disappointed they don't have any videos on their site.

MikeInMiami,

PoopMachine

yeah that's a shame, I'd like to hear someone's first hand experience with one. Did you get to hold/examine it? If so, did it feel like a quality piece of kit? I'm also a little disappointed they don't have any videos on their site.

It was about like you'd expect. Mrs P joked that it was the Mr Coffee of Dabs. Its a very neat idea and its strictly an e-nail so I think the battery life of 30 minutes will be pretty decent because apparently it heats up in seconds.

They told me that they had just gotten the prototypes the day before and one of them was having issues. They had a white one and a black one.

My big concern would be cleaning them. Resin is hard to get off and you cant use anything really strong with plastic.

Still, its a neat idea. They said they were going to put like LEDs all around the base so it looked like a disco light.

PoopMachine,

MikeInMiami

@PoopMachine interesting. Still, for the price I think it's just not quite there. For $400 bucks you could buy a rig, nail, torch, dabber/carb cap and have cash to spare. For the full $750 asking price, just get an herbalizer, it does everything you'll ever need.

Vape Dr.

I am very interested in the Prodigy.
I am looking into it. I saw it at the cup and wish I could have tried it.
It looks very promising to me. It has so much going for it.

Fingers crossed!

Vape Dr.,
Reactions: grokit

PoopMachine

Its a little disappointing theyre still showing off the same prototype from a few months ago.

Personally, I have to question if this product will ever see the light of day. They talked about a late summer launch with replaceable necks and percs and theyre still carrying that same prototype around that they have at the cup.

PoopMachine,
Reactions: Dr200

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I'm starting to get used to high priced vapes, and if they bring something new or special to the table they can be worth it. From an end user standpoint, this thing seems to take all the bad things about dabbing out of the way...burns, wires and fires, etc. A battery operated bong nail you can just pass around? That's fucking brilliant! I hope the nail isn't too exposed so as to minimize hot surfaces. If they can come up with a swappable bowl for herbs (the unit goes from 1 to 1000 degrees) I think it would have the ultimate feature set. Of course, it has to work really well, too!

PoopMachine

I just cant see that thing not having all kinds of issues, at least for the 1st gen. I envision it going like VapeXHale but maybe Ill be wrong.

PoopMachine,

Detonator

can we see the prototype do a dab? what are the spec? How many volt lipo they got in there? can I borrow 750$

Detonator,

PoopMachine

I stood at their booth for an hour at the Cup and they never did demonstrate the unit. They had all kinds of concentrates sitting there to show off the unit supposedly but never turned it on the whole time I was at the booth.

PoopMachine,

grokit

well-worn member
I stood at their booth for an hour at the Cup and they never did demonstrate the unit. They had all kinds of concentrates sitting there to show off the unit supposedly but never turned it on the whole time I was at the booth.
Well that's disappointing :nope:

grokit,

PoopMachine

Well that's disappointing :nope:

Yea... its a neat idea and maybe it will take off but I see it like VXH. I expect their first product to be okay but have quality issues. If they make it through the first round, maybe Gen 2 will be better.

I can at least say Ive seen it.. right now thats as rare as seeing a white elephant.

MiDabs

Got a chance to talk with the ryens and actually use the rig the first day of the Denver cup. Worked well. Tasted good. Platter was a bit small but all in all enough that I pre-ordered one although they have since returned that money due to delays. Great group of guys as well glad to see a company delay a product because it isn't perfect rather than taking my money and giving me something not worth it.

Top Bottom