Discontinued Splinter Z by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max3334

TCR 120 is the way to go, in my opinion. SS is around 100, here's a mesh SS heater so the recommended TCR is around 120 as I understood.

Low atomizer? try to screw the Z not all the way in, not too hard into the 510.

Thanks, I appreciate it I ended up change the software to arctic fox the latest version because it has the auto fire function now and I fix the cut off time about 15sec. Now I have it set at tcr 120 40w 376 degree. It works it does say protection at times when on auto fire, but I read up that it’s nothing bad it just means it reach the desired temp. (So the thread say) The one other question I have now it I have the atomizer locked it at .438ohm at cold temp, I notice that some of the YouTuber had there atomizer lock at .24ohm and like .22ohm, I’m just curious why if you new?
Thanks again

Max3334,

Max3334

I only tried the Z on a DNA mod, and it had around 0.4 ohms so I guess you're ok

Ok, thanks do you mind me asking what temp you had it at, and does it make a difference on how much Vapor you get? and what wattage you were using it at?

These are the regular Splinter, not Z, values.

Ok good to know, thank you also appreciate your input, you don’t mind me asking if the temp makes a difference of how much vapor your get? As well as what wattage, And what would be a good temp to start off at?

Last edited by a moderator:
Max3334,

GoldenBud

Ok, thanks do you mind me asking what temp you had it at, and does it make a difference on how much Vapor you get? and what wattage you were using it at?
I used it at Power mod (Wattage mod) at 45W then 50W, with a DNA250 mod, so I don't know which temp it was, but I got some massive hits without any hotspots at all. I would get a DNA75 mod if I owned a Z myself. (cheaper than DNA250 and still accurate and reliable)

But I think your settings should be: TCR 120, temp starting from 190C, 50W.

GoldenBud,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I have my Z on a VT75D and I really like the combo, but it has been discontinued for a long time and is very hard (maybe nearly impossible) to find in stock.

GoldenBud

I have my Z on a VT75D and I really like the combo, but it has been discontinued for a long time and is very hard (maybe nearly impossible) to find in stock.
How much did it cost? seems like HCIGAR DNA75 is the bomb!

GoldenBud,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I got it really cheap, under $60 I think, but it is very hard to find now at any price. I was reticent at first due to a lack of vent holes in case there is a battery event (pretty much just the usb connection hole), but I am very careful with my batteries so that didn't stop me. I like the 2 battery triangular shape. Frankly, if I saw it somewhere for a reasonable price I would jump on it for a backup. I have a feeling that the future of flower vaping is the 510 connector world. My Splinter and my Splinter Z are my favorite battery vapes these days by far.

GoldenBud

I got it really cheap, under $60 I think, but it is very hard to find now at any price. I was reticent at first due to a lack of vent holes in case there is a battery event (pretty much just the usb connection hole), but I am very careful with my batteries so that didn't stop me. I like the 2 battery triangular shape. Frankly, if I saw it somewhere for a reasonable price I would jump on it for a backup. I have a feeling that the future of flower vaping is the 510 connector world. My Splinter and my Splinter Z are my favorite battery vapes these days by far.

there's a dna75 hcigar in aliexpress priced 58.5$ problem is it's only 1 battery ..

GoldenBud,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
If I didn't have this one I would probably get that. I think it is the one with a squonk tank (for eliquids) but I don't think you have to use it. A 1 battery DNA mode is better than no DNA mod. I really love how the DNA chip works.

cybrguy,
Reactions: bossman

Paperback Writer

Im a Rastaman not a Dreadlock
Hey everyone!

Was happy with my current set up of vapes and havent been on this forum for like 2 years! Of course VAS hit and learned about this fantastic vape and just pulled the trigger! Going to use it with a Coolfire 75w that I have from vaping nic previously and see how that works out. Love all the info shared in this thread

shervin2

The Two-Click Bowlshevik & Sticksimus Briximus
Just got mine a few days back and wow, RBT team, you nailed this. It's like an airizer on the go and it works flawlessly.

Running it on a high end G spec SX mini, and it feels like a kingslayer of sorts.

Also shout outs to Pete as always, he is good people.

david8613

Just got mine a few days back and wow, RBT team, you nailed this. It's like an airizer on the go and it works flawlessly.

Running it on a high end G spec SX mini, and it feels like a kingslayer of sorts.l

that mod looks so nice,

david8613,

shervin2

The Two-Click Bowlshevik & Sticksimus Briximus
Yea it is supposed to behave like a DNA250 or so, accurate mod
It feels great, feathers off nicely after about 5 seconds of holding it, then you just work it like a car, give it a bit of gas and more hot vapor comes out.

There totally is a different "high" to this than say a Dynavap or a Mighty which mixes the two heating types. It's more purer and the feel is definitely more physical.

Max3334

I used it at Power mod (Wattage mod) at 45W then 50W, with a DNA250 mod, so I don't know which temp it was, but I got some massive hits without any hotspots at all. I would get a DNA75 mod if I owned a Z myself. (cheaper than DNA250 and still accurate and reliable)

But I think your settings should be: TCR 120, temp starting from 190C, 50W.

Good to know maybe I’ll be getting one later on, thank you guys

sickmanfraud

Running it on a high end G spec SX mini, and it feels like a kingslayer of sorts.

If you are using the Splinter at 67 Watts be VERY VERY careful. I thought Splinters were not supposed to need/use at more than 50 Watts?

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: LAWTHEONE

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
He said he's using TC so it's not seeing that much power for very long. The surprising part is that it's a YiHi chipset, and so far the only reports we had were that those weren't suitable for on-demand convection vaping due to their built-in dry-hit protection.

If we can start recommending them (or at least this model, as YiHi have a rather larger range) then this opens new possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom