Discontinued Splinter Z by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stonedbadger

Im loving this vape, so far im only using it in wattage mode on my wismec reuleaux rx gen3 300w.

What are the benefits of downloading the software and running it in tc mode?

Cheers

Stonedbadger,
Reactions: YaMon

SquirrelMaster

I finally ordered a Kooling Kit for my Z that should be in my hands tomorrow. The vapour with the stock stem can be a touch warm at times but wow the flavour! I couldn't decide between the XL8R and Jr so now I can compare.

I've been playing with Watt mode coming from using TCR exclusively since my Z arrived. I like it, it's a different more raw experience. 32w with a constant draw and fire is my sweet spot so far.

eideal852

I finally ordered a Kooling Kit for my Z that should be in my hands tomorrow. The vapour with the stock stem can be a touch warm at times but wow the flavour! I couldn't decide between the XL8R and Jr so now I can compare.

I've been playing with Watt mode coming from using TCR exclusively since my Z arrived. I like it, it's a different more raw experience. 32w with a constant draw and fire is my sweet spot so far.
Oh yeah, forgot but you remind me:
Ryan through in a King Cooling Kit (i cant not "c" the middle word, sorry) for the hassle of late communication/ repair woes. Which iin all honesty weren't all that much of an issue in the first place- I mean, I shipped on 5/31- tell that to the Grasshopper RMA thread!

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Im loving this vape, so far im only using it in wattage mode on my wismec reuleaux rx gen3 300w.

What are the benefits of downloading the software and running it in tc mode?

Cheers
Once you nail down a temperature you can set it and press and hold the fire button, no need to modulate the fire button. Your warm up may not take as long as TC mode goes to higher wattage for warm up and then modulates the fire button for you. At least as a fairly new novice to box mods that is my understanding and has been my experience.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I just posted in the other RBT threads, but here's a PSA for my SplinterZ brothers as well: Ryan is auctioning off some custom Milaana II on Instagram now, who knows what else he will be listing. Perhaps some brand new custom Z units too...?

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I know I’m a broken record but I love the Z, especially the custom, so much that it’s almost completely killed my VAS (only exceptions are the upcoming Firewood 6 and something like a Carta for dabs).

This has become so effortless for me to use, dry or through water. I use TC on a DNA mod and I’ve found I don’t need long presses to get the heater where I want it. I’ve gotten very good at reading the vapor coming through to tell me when to slow down, speed up, etc. I prefer less cloudy, more flavorful hits but when I want to bust my lungs the Z easily obliges.

My personal favorite way to use it is with the WPA adapter. Using temps between 385 and 395, I start drawing slow and I keep a finger on the stem as it passes into the WP. Once I feel that getting hot, I speed up my draw to get the air really moving. I probably hold the trigger for ~5 seconds total and draw for ~7-9 seconds. This method nets me huge, flavorful, completely smooth hits.

With all previous vapes, even ones I’ve loved, I’ve almost always looked for my next vaporizer once the honeymoon period has worn off. Now I look at most vapes and wonder what’s the point?

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
Oh yeah, forgot but you remind me:
Ryan through in a King Cooling Kit (i cant not "c" the middle word, sorry) for the hassle of late communication/ repair woes. Which iin all honesty weren't all that much of an issue in the first place- I mean, I shipped on 5/31- tell that to the Grasshopper RMA thread!

Hey don't you be dragging down the good name of grasshopper with some "great A customer service" from another company :razz:

We hoppers do things bit differently .. Frustration and anger just fuels us

Feeds us :evil:

KRnoS

I've been trying my Splinter Z on 33w-38w but getting poor results. Long hit, feathering the fire button so it doesn't cut off, and yet I get very whispy hits.

My ABV also doesn't get brown/dark brown. Only yellow-ish

I'll try again tonight but I can't understand how some people can be in the mid 20-30s and finish their bowl when I hit mine 5 times for yellow ABV

jbm

I've been trying my Splinter Z on 33w-38w but getting poor results. Long hit, feathering the fire button so it doesn't cut off, and yet I get very whispy hits.

I'll try again tonight but I can't understand how some people can be in the mid 20-30s and finish their bowl when I hit mine 5 times for yellow ABV
I generally run mine about 35w and get good results. How fast is your draw? I draw pretty slowly and get good vapor. Usually brown out in about 4 hits or so. I also rotate the stem between hits, which helps.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’

You probably need to slow down your draw.

KRnoS

I'll go slower tonight, but I feel like I've been going slow (not my first vaporizer). I'll report back

KRnoS,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
How are people keeping the heater screen clean?

Mine has a small area starting to go a light brown.

What would be the best way to clean it?
Cheers

With the splinter upside down, take an iso dampened qtip and gently swab the screen clean. I always take my first hits upside down to help seat the load so nothing falls out onto the heater screen.

mucsusn

60 going on 20
If you’re referring to the exterior wood, I always use my Underbutter, Bomb Ass Butter or Phatpiggie butter...they’re all beeswax/mineral oil blends. All of my wood vapes love the stuff. Butcher block conditioner from the hardware store works great also.

tonuzzi

Spoon Dogg
I've had my Splinters for a couple of months now and it did take me awhile to dial in my sweet spots for both. When I first purchased the Z I was using Wattage mode and did try TCR mode, now I only use TC mode exclusively.

I'm really digging TC mode and found these settings work excellent for me:

Splinter Z (US Custom) using Myevic firmware on a wismec R/X Gen 3
Temp Mode = 365F SS
Coil= SS .420 ohms
Watts 40
Fire button time extended to 20 seconds

Splinter Z (V2) using Myevic firmware on a wismec R/X Gen 3
Temp Mode = 365 SS
Coil= SS .390 ohms
Watts 40
Fire button time extended to 20 seconds

1st hit- Fire button is engaged for 15-20 seconds - the first 7 seconds will be for preheat, continue holding the fire button and begin inhaling slowly for 8-10 seconds. Release fire button but keep inhaling for 5 seconds

2nd hit - Fire button is engaged for 10-12 seconds - the first 3 seconds will be for preheat, continue holding the fire button and begin inhaling slowly for 5-10 seconds. Release fire button but keep inhaling for 5 seconds

3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th hit - Fire button is engaged for 10 seconds - no preheat required, hold the fire button and begin inhaling slowly for 5-10 seconds. Release fire button but keep inhaling for 5 seconds -

Beautiful!!

Love the Splinter Z!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom