• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Splinter Z by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonuzzi

Spoon Dogg
Hey guys! I have a question for you. What would be the best way to get the oil out of a XL8R stem in a form that I can vape? I use Q-tips but they of course don't get all the nooks and crannies.

Soak the stem in ISO. Fill a jar up with ISO and let it soak for a couple of hours (I let it soak overnight). Works perfect for me

tonuzzi,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Hey guys! I have a question for you. What would be the best way to get the oil out of a XL8R stem in a form that I can vape? I use Q-tips but they of course don't get all the nooks and crannies.
Being the thrifty (cheap?) guy that I am I like to get as much out of my goods as possible and it always hurts a little to see all of that oil deposited in glass wasted. Like @tonuzzi I have a tendency to clean my glass by soaking it in ISO and it IS possible to evaporate that ISO and scrape up the goodness. However, that goodness is not so good, I'd even say it's kinda nasty and I find the taste so bad that vaping it by normal means is somewhat unpleasant. So it normally does get wasted here.
I have seen others recommend what @mucsusn has suggested, heating something high fat like whole cows milk or coconut milk to melt the oil and then drinking it and have thought that is worth trying but I haven't tried it yet. The milk around here is always fat free. (That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it)

mucsusn

60 going on 20
Being the thrifty (cheap?) guy that I am I like to get as much out of my goods as possible and it always hurts a little to see all of that oil deposited in glass wasted. Like @tonuzzi I have a tendency to clean my glass by soaking it in ISO and it IS possible to evaporate that ISO and scrape up the goodness. However, that goodness is not so good, I'd even say it's kinda nasty and I find the taste so bad that vaping it by normal means is somewhat unpleasant. So it normally does get wasted here.
I have seen others recommend what @mucsusn has suggested, heating something high fat like whole cows milk or coconut milk to melt the oil and then drinking it and have thought that is worth trying but I haven't tried it yet. The milk around here is always fat free. (That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it)
Try it... with a nice sticky amber stem, it’ll be the best hot chocolate you’ve ever had. I believe @beyond6strings will stipulate to the same view.

I’ve also infused some olive oil with glass stems and VC condensers. Then just make a long pasta and add sautéed garlic, parm and fresh basil. Fuck yeah...

Last edited:

Hippie

I got myself the Splinter Z and the Wismec RX Gen3 dual mod, but I can't get it to work. I have the my_evic software installed, but it's not heating at all. Any advice? My guess is is either the mod is incorrectly set or the Splinter Z is DOA. I'm totally new to mods, so hoping it's some rookie mistake.

Before moving on to temp control I would test the mod and Zed by finding your preferred wattage setting and usage method first
For me that's about 35w with an initial pre heat of about 5 seconds

Drug

Before moving on to temp control I would test the mod and Zed by finding your preferred wattage setting and usage method first
For me that's about 35w with an initial pre heat of about 5 seconds

Thanks, this (after a revert to the factory firmware) did the trick.

Gonna look into other modes some other time.

What is the measured resistance showing on your Mod of your Splinter Z? What temperature do you have set? Remember these temperatures are arrived at from calculations derived from assumptions based upon a change in resistance, in other words they are not thermometer accurate, but will give you a way to measure and repeat a desired result at a. later date. Have you tried just wattage mode yet?
I tried wattage mode first but encountered similar issues, however this seems to work now. Guess it's gonna take some getting used to. Pulling some decent clouds though, so it's all good now

Penny Wise

Try it... with a nice sticky amber stem, it’ll be the best hot chocolate you’ve ever had. I believe @beyond6strings will stipulate to the same view.

I’ve also infused some olive oil with glass stems and VC condensers. Then just make a long pasta and add sautéed garlic, parm and fresh basil. Fuck yeah...

I just added up all the weed I've bought since I got my Splinter and deducting my husband's usage I've put about an ounce through my XL8R stem. Is it wise to do all of that in one dose of milk?...Something tells me that most people don't let their stems get that dirty because they don't consume as much as I do.

Penny Wise

I’m a fan of a milk boil, yhen mixing in a pack of cocoa. If you’ve got a resiny stem, it will get you right.
Haha yooooo, I did it. I haven't been this blitzed in a looooong time. Thanks for the tip about mixing cocoa in, I put a couple ounces of moka pot "espresso" in with it and some sugar. Cannamocha, my friends all laughed at me and called me Starbuds.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@RastaBuddhaTao I sent you my custom Z in for repair on the 25th and can’t get any answers on the turnaround time. Can you PM with an answer?

I think RBT is on the road now? Saw something on Instagram, may be why warranty repairs haven't been active lately with even VGZ having trouble reaching him. I think it is a music/weed festival tour in an airstream if I'm not mistaken

RBTSyndi

Company Rep
Company Rep
I think RBT is on the road now? Saw something on Instagram, may be why warranty repairs haven't been active lately with even VGZ having trouble reaching him. I think it is a music/weed festival tour in an airstream if I'm not mistaken
Hey there, yes it was a music festival . RBT had a great time , met great folks while educating and promoting the health benefits of vaporization. Email cyndi@rastabuddhatao.com and I’d be happy to help in anyway that I can!

RBTSyndi

Company Rep
Company Rep
Heya, I have emailed you as well, but thanks for responding to some here.

Hope we can get this sorted! welcome.
I’m sure we can , I appreciate your patience as we’re in process of getting everything worked through and up to speed. Thank you

@RastaBuddhaTao I sent you my custom Z in for repair on the 25th and can’t get any answers on the turnaround time. Can you PM with an answer?
Hi there Ryan is working on getting them all caught up in the next day or so , some were sent without any info , please email me your info and I will look into it . Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

Chingas

My Z? came. Did I get sent the wrong one? Resistance is .24 and the height is just over 2 inches. I checked my order and I did order a Z v2. The bottom of the box says "v2 qc".

Last edited:

eideal852

Yep, I got sent a regular Splinter on accident. 12:30 in the morning and @VGOODIEZ got back to me and fixed the shipping error. That's some good CS. It sucks to look at this and not get to hit it. Oh well.
Just sucks you didn’t notice till you’d run a bowl through it. :nod:

eideal852,

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Received my replacement Purple Heart Z. My lord this is a thing of beauty. It feels lighter than the Chinese Z, and the wood is a sight to behold.

Screwed it into my DNA mod, set the temp for 330, and let ‘er rip. This feels completely effortless now. The best vape I’ve ever tried now feels even better. Superb.

tonuzzi

Spoon Dogg
Received my replacement Purple Heart Z. My lord this is a thing of beauty. It feels lighter than the Chinese Z, and the wood is a sight to behold.

Screwed it into my DNA mod, set the temp for 330, and let ‘er rip. This feels completely effortless now. The best vape I’ve ever tried now feels even better. Superb.

Absolutely @Monk Debate, totally agree with you. I love my US Purple Heart Z, she hits great and no hot spots. I prefer it over my Chinese Splinter V2.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Absolutely @Monk Debate, totally agree with you. I love my US Purple Heart Z, she hits great and no hot spots. I prefer it over my Chinese Splinter V2.
My V2 is set to run hot on a rxg3d and is surprisingly even considering it can cache a bowl in four big hits at unrealistically low temps. I have a V1 and Z on dna mods and the V2 is still doing work. The cranked settings make it ideal for dense hits and rapid extraction when flavor isn't the priority.
IMG-20190618-205850.jpg

Last edited:

eideal852

My V2 is set to run hot on a rxg3d and is surprisingly even considering it can cache a bowl in four big hits at unrealistically low temps. I have a V1 and Z on dna mods and the V2 is still doing work. The cranked settings make it ideal for dense hits and rapid extraction when flavor isn't the priority.
IMG-20190618-205850.jpg
damn I fucked up and shoulda worked w you on a DNA trade...does the wismec dna ever get device too hot error? thought it was just my rx200s but the older rx200 gets it too if I pay attention, moreso with the Zs, (china and us)

eideal852,
Reactions: bossman

almost there

Has anyone else notice there's quite a lot more draw resistance to the Z as compared to the splinter? The thought was as lingering in the back of my mind but I had tucked the splinters away for a little bit. Been using both this week and I can tell easily the Z has a more restrictive draw. Heater screen is clean and I'm using the same stem to eliminate variables in the comparison.

almost there,
Reactions: paehtod

Hammahead

Maybe you're comparing a 2-hole to a 4-hole unit? Like your regular Splinter has four and the Z has two?

Hammahead,
Reactions: Summer
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom