Discontinued Splinter Z by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Paired with an XL8R, this is my first portable that does not have me wanting. Power on demand with a three battery mod. If you know of any other battery powered portables in this league, please chime in. I try not to turn my FlowerPot on before 7 PM, and the Z is a good bridge to carry me through a quiet Sunday.

Easywider

Simple is the way
Splinter Z arrived today with an XL8R :rockon: Had a few stems, first sesh all I could get was nice flavourful wisps. Adjusted settings for the 19/19 stem length, much better now. Still some tweaking left, Im liking it more as I use it though. :razz: I find I have to pull harder on the Z then the OG splinter to get vapour flowing.

Lazy Lighting

Paired with an XL8R, this is my first portable that does not have me wanting. Power on demand with a three battery mod. If you know of any other battery powered portables in this league, please chime in. I try not to turn my FlowerPot on before 7 PM, and the Z is a good bridge to carry me through a quiet Sunday.
I hear that. The z is total VAS killer.

analytika

Splinter Z arrived today with an XL8R :rockon: Had a few stems, first sesh all I could get was nice flavourful wisps. Adjusted settings for the 19/19 stem length, much better now. Still some tweaking left, Im liking it more as I use it though. :razz: I find I have to pull harder on the Z then the OG splinter to get vapour flowing.
It's a mistake to use the XL8R before you get to know the vape at least a smidgen.

CL52613

There is nothing currently available in convection vaporizers that can compete with the quantity and quality of the Splinters. I only own the Splinter Z, and had this been the first vaporizer purchase, it would have been the only purchase. This darn thing is incredible, for flavorful monster quantity vapor it can cook you. With the box mods, minimum 2-Cell, the Splinter Z can give you exactly what you and when you want it. This is the only vaporizer I will be using. I hear you saying, yeah but sometimes you just want a different experience. The Splinter Z is honestly without rival; powerful, versatile, consistent, and delivers what you want. Flavor sipper or cloud chaser, this will deliver, and be better than you expected. Fantastic. I have a dual cell DNA mod though I am totally ignorant about all it can do. I only know to adjust the watts; which I start at 37W.

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
@CL52613, I share the exact same accolades you bestow on the Splinter Z. ... And, I give the exact same accolades to the Ghost equally. They give completely different highs & vaping experiences, but both are magnificent. I think anyone who has the Splinter Z would love the Ghost & vice versa. I think everyone who has 1, has to, imo, own the other. If I could only have these 2 vapes, I could be happy with that for the rest of my vaping life. I truly feel blessed to have found my 2 HGs (i.e. Gholy Grails) right at the beginning of my entrance into the vaping world.

Last edited:
Summer,
Reactions: bossman

Easywider

Simple is the way
It's a mistake to use the XL8R before you get to know the vape at least a smidgen.

We'll It's been the best mistake that i've been able to make all year! :rockon: I run only in TC so no risk of combustion. I get what your saying though, it would be like sex for the first time with 13 condoms on. Nobody would know what the hell was happening. With the XL8R i'm able to take the same length and size of rip that I can on any of my water pieces. It's just incredible, can't wait for some Canadian retailers to stock long and short so I can stock up.

The Splinter Z is honestly without rival; powerful, versatile, consistent, and delivers what you want. Flavor sipper or cloud chaser, this will deliver, and be better than you expected. Fantastic.

The truth has been spoken :bowdown:

I think anyone who has the Splinter Z would love the Ghost & vice versa. I think everyone who has 1, has to, imo, own the other. If I could only have these 2 vapes, I could be happy with that for the rest of my vaping life.

Stop it! I don't have an MV1 and the Z is supposed to be my VAS killer :uhoh:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
12_monkeys_button_initiate_splinter_sequence-rd23e5575da71484aa6974dcfec884d39_k94rf_307.jpg

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Who else wants a XL8R short or even normal length? Ryan does not have any in stock and the store seems neglected as he is busy shipping orders. SneakyPete has glass tubes that are similar called 3D AirFlow or something like that. Hate to cut Ryan off, but I really would like a short version of the XL8R! STill waiting for him to replenish 4 hole Splinter Zs so I may get one for Jamaica! Yes mon! Irie!

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
My Z is tracking for delivery tomorrow and this week was the finest so far for my og Splinter. Using suggested settings from @Ctipp22 got my Splinter performing like never before running Arctic Fox on my Invoke 220 and yesterday the best got better when I switched it to the rx gen3 dual with the same settings. Actually, I think I'm still using recommended settings from his prior post.

@YaMon I do want an XL8R but I'm hoping for a sale price and a replenished stock of the standard length one. I'm impressed how big and comfy the clouds are with just the short plain jane stem that came with it though.

Ctipp22

My Z is tracking for delivery tomorrow and this week was the finest so far for my og Splinter. Using suggested settings from @Ctipp22 got my Splinter performing like never before running Arctic Fox on my Invoke 220 and yesterday the best got better when I switched it to the rx gen3 dual with the same settings. Actually, I think I'm still using recommended settings from his prior post.

@YaMon I do want an XL8R but I'm hoping for a sale price and a replenished stock of the standard length one. I'm impressed how big and comfy the clouds are with just the short plain jane stem that came with it though.
Try on the gen 3 TCR 155 40 watts 380 degrees .22ohms locked. Tcr can be a little different on each splinter so move down by 5 if too hot up by 5 if too cold.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Awesome, thanks @Ctipp22! I haven't locked the resistance for anything yet and the reading has been fluctuating from .25to .28. I need to learn what this stuff means eventually but I'm grateful to just be copying you for now.

Edit: this is the resistance on my og Splinter I'm talking about since the Z hasn't arrived yet. Thanks for the helpful info below on the Z, @YaMon!

Second edit: the wismec wasn't popping for me at 380 to 400 so l left the Ctipp settings but with resistance locked to .24 instead of .22 and was back in business. Again, this is the OG Splinter. Sorry for adding any noise to the thread.

Last edited:

Hollabackatcha

I would love a XL8R for my Z 2 hole. I been using a couple 110mm 19/22 from 420EDC. I know how it sounds but I am loving the extra length, lol.

Hollabackatcha,

CL52613

I know I am a card carrying AARP member and get confused when besieged with all the technological advances we are making on so many fronts. So please indulge my ignorance in regard to one of accessories for the Milaana and Splinter family of vaporizers. What is the deal with XL8R? Isn't this a variation of the ELEV8R; the standalone butane powered vaporizer, made by 7th Floor? What is the XL8R supposed to do? I have yet to find the Splinter Z vape too hot or harsh. Heck even when I get spaced out and lay on the fire button too long, the vapor does not feel hot, even though it tastes funky. I also wonder why the MV1, costing almost $400.00, having a very tedious loading method, sporadic vapor production, and overly complex operating sequence is considered similar to the Splinters. I bought the MV1 when they were first released, you may recall there was a lot of problems considered to be software related; but even when it did produce good quality vapor, it was a very high maintenance endeavor. Maybe the MV1 has been modified and performs more consistently now, but I do not believe it can perform like the Splinters. The Splinters can produce the wispy flavorful rips flavor chasers desire all day long, just like the MV1; but it can also produce those "cough up a lung" type of rips that once were only available to smokers. I am not a shill for the Splinters, but I do believe they are the most completely satisfying vaporizer available regardless of what kind of vapor you want. The only drawback is its portability, but the Arizers, MV1, Mighty, and quite a few others are not so portable either. Again, just one old man's opinion...

JCat

Accessory Maker
Getting excited to try mine out :) ... should be here on Christmas Eve (assuming Canada Post doesn't fuck that one up ... so in other words there's a possibility it gets here for Christmas Eve :) )

Anyways ... the main reason for it is my trip to Jamaica @ the end of January/early Feb. Should hopefully do the job and I'll even be able to get legal dispensary cannabis while in Jamaica! (looks like it will be closer to what I'm used to then what I had to settle for last time I was in Jamaica)

Summer

Long Island, NY
II also wonder why the MV1, costing almost $400.00, having a very tedious loading method, sporadic vapor production, and overly complex operating sequence is considered similar to the Splinters. I bought the MV1 when they were first released, you may recall there was a lot of problems considered to be software related; but even when it did produce good quality vapor, it was a very high maintenance endeavor. Maybe the MV1 has been modified and performs more consistently now, but I do not believe it can perform like the Splinters. The Splinters can produce the wispy flavorful rips flavor chasers desire all day long, just like the MV1; but it can also produce those "cough up a lung" type of rips that once were only available to smokers.

Personally, I don't find the crucible loading system or maintenance tedious at all. I have 2 of the new 1.4 firmware versions of the Ghost (SB & Chrome) & there's nothing sporadic at all about the vapor production no matter what grind I use. I find the vapor consistent crucible to crucible & vape to vape. Like the Splinter, I can get wispy flavorful hit at levels 1 & 2 & cough-my-lungs-out hits at level 4 & 5. Just take a look at Troy's (420vapezone) videos. Running at levels 4 & 5, he gets plenty of cough-his-lungs out hits.

@YaMon, I have the NVFP on my w/l cause I already know that it's performance will equal these.

What is the XL8R supposed to do? I have yet to find the Splinter Z vape too hot or harsh. Heck even when I get spaced out and lay on the fire button too long, the vapor does not feel hot

The little pinch holes (for lack of a better terminology) cause the vapor to cool down when it comes in contact with them. It's based on lab quality DISTILLATION COLUMN CONDENSER VIGREUX. ← LINK.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fractionating_column

I use the Splinter through water predominantly. Unlike you, dry, I can't use the regular Milaana long stem as the vapor is too harsh for me in my throat & upper chest, but find it surprisingly comfortable using the XL8r dry. I find the small XL8r to be better than the standard long stem, but no where near as good as the long one. Every mfr. seems to be coming out with them. Off-hand, Elev8r started the craze, Stempod is working on one, the Imp (using glass beads instead) & there are a couple of others I can't recall off the top of my head.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom