• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Splinter Z by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Don't you still have the Splinter Z your own? Your sig says you have a Quilted Maple one!?

Hogni,
Reactions: Summer
A few people in this thread have asked about the size of the mouthpiece. So far, I have not seen an answer. However, the picture on page 2 shows what looks to me to be the same short mouthpiece that is used on the current Splinter.

Yes?

Hackerman,

little maggie

Another vape from RBT? Was there a coupon I missed? I have 0 self control. I wish there was a vape library where I could rent a vape for a couple of months and then try another. I don't have any friends that vape so I have way too many for 1 person. My efforts to help them stop combustion have failed. (I ordered purple)

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
Another vape from RBT? Was there a coupon I missed? I have 0 self control. I wish there was a vape library where I could rent a vape for a couple of months and then try another. I don't have any friends that vape so I have way too many for 1 person. My efforts to help them stop combustion have failed. (I ordered purple)
Coupon STEPH for 15% off.

Cheesequake,

kuzko

A few people in this thread have asked about the size of the mouthpiece. So far, I have not seen an answer. However, the picture on page 2 shows what looks to me to be the same short mouthpiece that is used on the current Splinter.

Yes?

I believe 15/17 is the same as the 19/19 but not 100% sure. I’ll ask if I catch one of Ryan’s streams.

kuzko,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Pretty sure it's fairly substantial, it's like 2-3 splinter heaters stacked together. Splinter heater fairly small compared to Milaana/Zion

The difference in the overall size of the unit seems slight, but the increase in performance and vapor quality is no slight upgrade.

IAmKrazy2,
Reactions: Easywider

TheRobbo

Yes?

I have been informed by RBT CS rep Stephanie that the Splinter Z joint is the same 19/22 that the Milaana and older Splinters use so it is compatible with older stems.

Only the new Splinters have the new joint in order to keep the form factor smaller and reduce clearance from heater.

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I thought my VAS was cured after getting my EVO and E-Nano.
And it was for like a year.
Then I saw the Musa vape and it sparked the VAS again and I was planning to get one in the future.
Then I saw the Splinter and that got me even more interested, wooden body, glass airpath, on demand convection and powered by box mods that I already have.
People were even saying it also has huge performance, almost like a desktop.
That's a win-win-win-win-win!
The Splinter check basically everything I want from a vape.
And now there's even a twice as powerful version?
That's another 1st place in my wishlist replaced!
There were 2 EU ads in the Classified section that I was really considering responding to, but now I'm glad I didn't.
The Splinter Z will be my first RBT vape and that's going to be great.

Here are some of my questions:

1) It seems to me like it is similar size to E-Nano, just slightly smaller in all three dimension, is that correct? Is there a photo with them side-by-side?

2) How many holes does it have? Is that variable unit to unit? Batch to batch?

3) And now to basically my only issue I can think of about this vape:

Why is the bowl slightly shortened version of 18mm? Why not a regular 18mm? It could mean few extra milimeters in length of the vape, but IMO that would be totally worth it. I have a ton of 18mm glassware, it would be SO GREAT to be able to use it directly.
Since the Z is already a bigger version, the few extra milimeters shouldn't hurt, right?
It that can't be done, then fine, it will be like a E-Nano, one stem-bowl, and one bowl-to-18mm male to connect to glass. But E-Nano couldn't make a 18mm bowl happen even it it wanted since it's bowl is way too different, but i believe the Splinter can do it.

Last edited:
Seek,

Summer

Long Island, NY
@Seek

#1: The Splinter is about 50mm in height; 1/2 that of the nano. & the Splinter Z is about 1/3 more in height that the Splinter, so what, about 67mm. The nano is 48mm in diameter while the Splinter is 32 - 33mm. Sorry cheap dollar store ruler.

#2:
I hope I can express this correctly. The 2 hole version is the version that will be appropriate for most people. The 4 hole version is the high airflow version for those who want to rip at high wattage through water to get those HUGE clouds (he demo'd both the 2 & 4 hole versions), & it's especially great for dabbing. You can use the holes like carbs & cover 1 or 2 of them to build up initial heat. He said something about airflow & backflow, but it went over my head. He said to knock down the airflow on the 4 hole, you can insert corks in the holes. He said the best option would be some type of rotating airflow ring, but he's far from that type of upgrade, if at all. He just decided during the stream that he may include corks with the 4-hole to block the extra airflow when desired. Although I predominantly use my Splinter through water, I don't dab & my lungs can't handle high wattage (too hot) or voluminous vapor. So I'm a 2-hole Splinter/Z for sure.

The Splinter is rated for a 30-sec. draw & 50 watts max, although very rarely have I seen anyone go over a 20 sec. draw (that's a long time & good lungs would be necessary) & don't know of anyone going as high as 50W. I would think that the Z would have a slightly higher wattage limit. Next stream, I'll ask Ryan what the Splinter Z's upper wattage limit is & if there are different wattage limits for the 2 vs 4-hole Splinter & Splinter Z. If anyone watches a stream before I do, please ask & post.

I only surmise that right now the Zs being sold have 2 holes although the website pics of the different woods being sold show either 2 or 4 holes on the Zs. We'll also have to ask about this in the next streams.

#3: The 19/22 was the joint size Ryan used for the Milaana & Zion. I highly doubt that he didn't go with a 19/26 because of a difference of 4mm as it wouldn't have any impact on the height of the the Mi or Zion. We can ask about this too just for informational purposes.

*But whatever you do, do not shove a 19/26 into the Splinter Z as it will dislodge the heater screen.

Edited to add:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmH6_s4lUrR/?taken-by=ss_vapeacademy

https://www.instagram.com/p/Blv_yaFFvMH/?taken-by=ss_vapeacademy

Last edited:

Easywider

Simple is the way
VAS activated, Really hope theres going to be an option for Canadian's. Fingers crossed that Herbcafe gets some stock. Just need to figure out how to unglue this splinter from my hand.

Summer

Long Island, NY
Not only did they go fast, I don't think Ryan listed that many. I'm wanted a light wood, but there only was maple -- not my fav. When I heard there was a discount code I was gonna settle for it, but 12 hours later they were gone. I'm pretty sure Ryan said in his stream that there were only a few maples made and that he's not gonna use maple again. Unfortunately, I didn't hear why as the stream kept freezing. I wanted to get one so bad that I was gonna further settle for Purple Heart :rolleyes: & that too was OOS. I just dislike brown & red woods. So, I'm out of luck until he produces more which I don't know if it's gonna be that soon as he said that he had to get Splinter & Milaana stock out to retailers in Canada, & EDU(?) I think -- AFTER he produces a shitload of glass stem. So sadly for me if may be a while. :(

analytika

Not only did they go fast, I don't think Ryan listed that many. I'm wanted a light wood, but there only was maple -- not my fav. When I heard there was a discount code I was gonna settle for it, but 12 hours later they were gone. I'm pretty sure Ryan said in his stream that there were only a few maples made and that he's not gonna use maple again. Unfortunately, I didn't hear why as the stream kept freezing. I wanted to get one so bad that I was gonna further settle for Purple Heart :rolleyes: & that too was OOS. I just dislike brown & red woods. So, I'm out of luck until he produces more which I don't know if it's gonna be that soon as he said that he had to get Splinter & Milaana stock out to retailers in Canada, & EDU(?) I think -- AFTER he produces a shitload of glass stem. So sadly for me if may be a while. :(

https://www.rastabuddhatao.com/product-p/zplcw.htm

it's not too late @Summer
https://www.rastabuddhatao.com/product-p/zplcw.htm

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
VAS is strong here! Need a RBT device! Any chance to get the Splinter Z or a Milaana 2 in Europe?

Alex3oe,
Reactions: Hogni

Summer

Long Island, NY
Excuse me @analytika, please stop being your usual naysayer & debbie downer. It's tiresome & played out. My post was in reply to your post linking 1 of the available 2 wood-type Zs left. I mentioned that what he listed went fast as only the brown & red woods are still available which I don't care for; hence I didn't order at this time. The other woods were gone in 1 day, so yeah, they went fast, albeit, that Ryan only posted a limited amount in this 1st offering. No one here is that stupid as not to check out the website if they are interested in purchasing.

Had you watched Ryan's stream yesterday, you'd have no doubt that his business is gonna wind up being successful. He's in the process of setting up material procurement, he's got his manufacturing supply chain set up, he's expanding his distribution & he's in the process stocking the website & various retailers with inventory. Ryan makes a quality product so he's gonna be fine.

Last edited:

little maggie

I bought mine last night- are bubinga and lacewood too brown for you? I'm not sure what wood is not some shade of brown other than red or purple wood ones. They are still available. I bought red mainly because I don't have wood in that color although I'd prefer it as an accent.
Are the splinters listed as US the original model? Lots of those available and the splinter even with the milaana heater is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom