Discontinued Splinter Z by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Okay. I bought the ZV2, now I'm buying the wismec rx gen 3 dual kit.
I did search your posts and found links, I also found it on the wismec website. What I'm not clear on, it looks like it doesn't come with the coil or cells.
Can I just buy the cells anywhere?
Is there a coil recommended or maybe there's a version that comes with coil I'm not seeing?
I read something about this only lasting for 2 or 3 sessions.. is there something else I buy to charge this part?
Really sorry if this is answered, I tried searching your posts with Wismec, if you or someone already explained all this and can send a link I'd be grateful.

Edit: I did find a version with a coil and a Gnome tank but I'm assuming I don't need the gnome tank and should probably just buy a coil separate?

2nd edit: just found the other thread specifically about box mods.. let me read through that one.. sorry if I jumped the gun

You do not need the tank or coil, those are atomizers for the mod, and you already have the Splinter as your atomizer! You just want the mod alone ideally, since anything else will be wasted for you. Batteries always come separate:
Buy a pair of LG HE4 or HG2, Samsung 25R or 30Q, at illumn.com or imr.com or lionwarehouse and grab a nitecore external charger as well.

You made the right choice with the Z, it is still instant on demand pure convection (I don't really consider the heat up different than the regular personally, though yes it does have more mass so yes that would take slightly longer to get going, but without comparing directly it's totally negligible imo) and the larger heater of the Z is just more capable overall. Another good reason to go with the Z is that it has a more standard 19/22 glass joint for potential aftermarket stems, whereas the regular Splinter is only 19/19 a totally specialized custom size... (Beware that there is also a standard 19/26 size that will not fit any Splinter, so be mindful when shopping for stems, Lamart and vgoodiez sell nub coolers that will fit and work well though!)

By the way another difference between the ZV2 and the custom units is that the customs use mica as the insulator plate in the heater, now the ZV2 uses a ceramic plate instead... No real difference in performance, but some people have a material preference nevertheless.

eideal852

Pretty safe to disregard @eideal852's comparison between the V1 and V2. He's my FC Splinter holmie for life but his units are seconds and freebies and he hasn't put the time into mod shopping or firmware upgrades. If you can budget even $35 for an rxg3d or a Sinuous Ravage from China there's no reason you can't get super even abv using the firmware and settings we've settled on.

Ouch! you aint lyin, but it's not like they're refurbs: my v1s indeed had a small, no-air-leak cracking in the wood, COSMETIC second, and the v2, one was the first unit, no issues, just a v2, while the other was indeed another win, but not with an issue, crack or otherwise. either way, at least there's no bias in regards to favoring one vs the other in regards to the pocket-dent.

While I havent gone on quite the hunt you have in regards to mods, I have certainly followed along:
Ive wismec'd (RX200/200s/300), evic vtwo, cuboid, Lostvape drone DNAc, and a smattering of randos (kanger friends whatever-mod) and Tubo/surmyevic/stock/ Zprofiled as appropriate, and for me, the preference to the v1 goes across the board. to be fair, if I only had a v2, I'm sure that I could get it dialed in (like we've been talking Mi2 vs Mi3), with all of the variance there are in regards to mods and settings on each... but it still remains; untweaked, v1 vs v2, el primero rules.

In any case, BOTH v1 and v2 are available on the site, and thanks to Cole (ThanksCole !) you can get em at an amazing price.

ehhhhhh, thats how mine do me, but regardless, despite my need to retort, @bossman is the one you should listen to. not kidding

shadowtrap

Alright so I'm gathering that no coil is needed with the box mod because the splinter will plug into it where the coil would go anyways. So I will order the wismec rxg3 dual "kit" (not sure what makes it a kit, doesn't seem like it includes anything but the box mod).
So now I'm just curious about charging, and if any specific 18650 batteries are needed.
I don't require temp control and will probably use stock firmware unless it's really recommended otherwise.

Edit: ah shit just saw shitsnacks response, seems to have answered my questions, thank you!!!!

shadowtrap,
Reactions: Summer

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Alright so I'm gathering that no coil is needed with the box mod because the splinter will plug into it where the coil would go anyways. So I will order the wismec rxg3 dual "kit" (not sure what makes it a kit, doesn't seem like it includes anything but the box mod).
So now I'm just curious about charging, and if any specific 18650 batteries are needed.
I don't require temp control and will probably use stock firmware unless it's really recommended otherwise.

Edit: ah shit just saw shitsnacks response, seems to have answered my questions, thank you!!!!
The kit means it'll include an ecig juice atomizer rather than just the mod itself. I'll get those if the deal is better but they serve no purpose for us. I like LG HG2, Sony VTC5A, or maybe VTC6. Have some Samsung 30Q that I'm more down on but it might just be time to put them out to pasture. I know Shit Snacks and others like them just fine.

Sorry @eideal852, I guess I wasn't up to date on your mod shopping. Send me a pm if you're ever of a mind to dial that Wismec or Drone in to see performance more like I'm used to. I'm sure there's some variance between units but I've setup a half dozen V2s now and never found them to hotspot worse than my last remaining V1. And none of them are as prone to hotspotting as my Milaana 3. Do you have a Z in the mix too and how even is it on your less random mods?

bossman,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The kit means it'll include an ecig juice atomizer rather than just the mod itself. I'll get those if the deal is better but they serve no purpose for us. I like LG HG2, Sony VTC5A, or maybe VTC6. Have some Samsung 30Q that I'm more down on but it might just be time to put them out to pasture. I know Shit Snacks and others like them just fine.

Sorry @eideal852, I guess I wasn't up to date on your mod shopping. Send me a pm if you're ever of a mind to dial that Wismec or Drone in to see performance more like I'm used to. I'm sure there's some variance between units but I've setup a half dozen V2s now and never found them to hotspot worse than my last remaining V1. And none of them are as prone to hotspotting as my Milaana 3. Do you have a Z in the mix too and how even is it on your less random mods?

30Q may have thicker wrapping too

eideal852

no sorry necessary. I’ve a v1z and a Wenge Z, I’m fonder of the Wenge, just ‘cause, but I feel like the v1z is as capable, and possibly outperforms it, if only slightly.
I only know that of the lot, I only have to really be “on” in regards to stem rotation to avoid bullseyeing w the v2s.

I will also add: it’s been a minute since I was at all scientific about it. Mostly a sneaky closet sesh or a late trip downstairs with one of them to watch something grown.

I’ve mostly let the splinters live on the mod they’re on for the most part: cuboid for the Wenge in wattage. Drone for the v1z w Z profile. Vtwo for the v1. Huh.
In any case, I mostly get in a groove and switch around less and less, using one most of the time. (Since I got my smart plug I’ve been 99% doggin!)
Anyhow. My v2s are currently in their boxes:(

do you keep a stable Of v2 and grab a different one with frequency?

eideal852,
Reactions: Summer

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
no sorry necessary. I’ve a v1z and a Wenge Z, I’m fonder of the Wenge, just ‘cause, but I feel like the v1z is as capable, and possibly outperforms it, if only slightly.
I only know that of the lot, I only have to really be “on” in regards to stem rotation to avoid bullseyeing w the v2s.

I will also add: it’s been a minute since I was at all scientific about it. Mostly a sneaky closet sesh or a late trip downstairs with one of them to watch something grown.

I’ve mostly let the splinters live on the mod they’re on for the most part: cuboid for the Wenge in wattage. Drone for the v1z w Z profile. Vtwo for the v1. Huh.
In any case, I mostly get in a groove and switch around less and less, using one most of the time. (Since I got my smart plug I’ve been 99% doggin!)
Anyhow. My v2s are currently in their boxes:(

do you keep a stable Of v2 and grab a different one with frequency?
I remember talking you into that Drone deal now. I keep my ZV1 on an amber Drone and my wenge Z on a black one. They have different feels with the wenge having less open draw resistance.

And no, I honestly do use my Zs way more, especially lately.

xer0

I didn't even know about the coupon code when I bought mine. lol

Eh I'm still excited for this one. I had actually been getting reacquainted with my Milaana over the last couple weeks and was kind of regretting cancelling my Zion pre-order. Looking forward to finally getting to try that heater.

SquirrelMaster

Last edited by a moderator:

glenCOCO

I didn't even know about the coupon code when I bought mine. lol

Eh I'm still excited for this one. I had actually been getting reacquainted with my Milaana over the last couple weeks and was kind of regretting cancelling my Zion pre-order. Looking forward to finally getting to try that heater.

There's a Zion going for $300 on u/entexchange right now

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
The links for the DNA profiles are gone and FCShare hasn't responded to tell me why but I had downloaded the files before so here they are in case anyone needs them.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/ej8...fzxrxp,j8uhcauhsgxsr62,c8dlufy0lc4o8yu/shared
If anyone has the profiles for other mods can you send them to me and at least they'll be altogether for anyone that needs them?
Pm me your email address and I'll send you the DNA non-c ecigprofiles. Good looking out man

jbm

I've got 2 at this point, probably don't need another, though the second one I bought at full price after having asked Cole if there were any sales coming up, to which he said there weren't. Like 2 weeks later they announced 30% off everything, dammit.

jbm,

shadowtrap

Happy 420 folks.... 30% discount store wide with the code thankscole now through 4/26

There are only about 35 US Splinter Z left with no plans of any additional production so get em before they are gone.

Hi RBT,
I placed my order yesterday, had the code in and then didn't end up ordering, when I did order later forgot to re-add the code.
Is there any way to apply it now?
I sent you an email as soon as I noticed it, would just cancel and create a new order but couldn't find a way to cancel..

shadowtrap,

Max3334

Hi, I have a splinter z custom, i was wondering if anyone has experience over time the air flow/ draw seem a little bit congested like it I have to draw harder. Any insight?

Max3334,

Max3334

@gingerbier @Hippie I usually pack it with a little space on top of the cap and I lightly tap it down. I just notice over time I feel like the draw is a bit more stuffy compared to when I first got it. I’m kinda thinking for the internet screen is light dirty or clogged from maybe fine debris.

Max3334,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
@gingerbier @Hippie I usually pack it with a little space on top of the cap and I lightly tap it down. I just notice over time I feel like the draw is a bit more stuffy compared to when I first got it. I’m kinda thinking for the internet screen is light dirty or clogged from maybe fine debris.
That all sounds right. My custom wenge is the tightest, followed by the bubinga custom, ZV2, and Zv1. I appreciate all of them and the range in draw resistance is pretty wide. Starting with a loose half pack will at least show you how much resistance is the vape Z's airflow and how much is your pack damming up. And yeah, I torch my screens every so often and at first I'm always like "Oh word?" at how much difference it makes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom