Discontinued Splinter Z by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
https://cheapvaping.deals/?s=Reuleaux+

Has Reuleaux x3 for 37 and dual for 27 + shipping

I like the x3 with the Z l, don't have to worry about it tipping over

I prefer to set all of these down on their sides, The dual is great because it allows you to do that without the Z touching the table very nicely. I mean so would the 3 of course, but heavier

Papertrain2

I prefer to set all of these down on their sides, The dual is great because it allows you to do that without the Z touching the table very nicely. I mean so would the 3 of course, but heavier

They just look so nice and happy standing up nice and tall, like it's proud of its job and ready to go whenever. I just make sure I don't leave the stem in, in case something knocks it over. The rx3's shape/weight just feels better in the hand imo, easier to hold upside down with using the bong

Bazinga

I have asked this question before. I've received conflicting answers. I'm attempting to set up my RX3 Dual. The manual seems to indicate that I need to know what the heating element is made of. Is it nickel, stainless steel, titanium, mashed potatoes or something else?

Bazinga,
Reactions: Summer

SpaceManWalking

I have asked this question before. I've received conflicting answers. I'm attempting to set up my RX3 Dual. The manual seems to indicate that I need to know what the heating element is made of. Is it nickel, stainless steel, titanium, mashed potatoes or something else?

On my Gen3 Dual, I just use TCR mode set to 150. Locked resistance at .47 for my Z and use temps between 380 and 450.

SpaceManWalking,
Reactions: bossman

Bazinga

On my Gen3 Dual, I just use TCR mode set to 150. Locked resistance at .47 for my Z and use temps between 380 and 450.

Playing with the device I see TCR127. Is this what you are referring to? How do I change the resistance? Mine currently shows .71 coil.

Bazinga,

SpaceManWalking

Playing with the device I see TCR127. Is this what you are referring to? How do I change the resistance? Mine currently shows .71 coil.

I have Arctic Fox installed on mine so I'm not exactly sure how the stock software works. You should be able to adjust the '127' number. Increasing that number would make the coil hotter at the set temperature so 400 degrees at TCR 127 would be a cooler hit that 400 degrees at TCR 150. The resistance should be locked when the unit is at room temperature. Mine currently shows .47 at room temperature. On Arctic Fox, you can just hit the 'fire' button 4 times and adjust the settings of the current profile.

SpaceManWalking,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

You cannot go by the manual because this thing was not at all designed for what we are using it... I told you to ignore that material thing and just set TCR and lock Cold Resistance... Did you put custom firmware like Tubo, surmyevic, or arcticfox? You need to do that to set up TCR and have proper temp control with Splinter Z.... Find posts from @bossman, search by his user name and the word settings? I know you wanted him to help you specifically now that you have it, but he has posted so many times what to do already

TiSteamo

VAPEnsiero... sull'ali dorate...
etcpbw7w3fr41.jpg

shadowtrap

Is the zv2 worth the extra over the other models if I just want the best option?? I am far from VAS, last vape purchased was an underdog when they came out.
I think I'm set on a splinter with some mod, just trying to understand the versions. I'm not concerned about the dollar difference if the zv2 is superior. If there's a no brainer mod atm please point me to it. I feel like a dummy but man the landscape of Vapes has become vastly more complicated.
Anyways, if I want a semi portable to just grab, load with dry herb, rip a few times, be done without tearing up my throat, zv2 with whatever mod sounds like the best option these days.
I'm probably way over thinking it and would be happy with any 10 Vapes out there right now, just don't want a decent lriduct

shadowtrap,

SquirrelMaster

Is the zv2 worth the extra over the other models if I just want the best option?? I am far from VAS, last vape purchased was an underdog when they came out.
I think I'm set on a splinter with some mod, just trying to understand the versions. I'm not concerned about the dollar difference if the zv2 is superior. If there's a no brainer mod atm please point me to it. I feel like a dummy but man the landscape of Vapes has become vastly more complicated.
Anyways, if I want a semi portable to just grab, load with dry herb, rip a few times, be done without tearing up my throat, zv2 with whatever mod sounds like the best option these days.
I'm probably way over thinking it and would be happy with any 10 Vapes out there right now, just don't want a decent lriduct

The ZV2 over the regular Splinters? The US custom Z's are the most expensive option as they're made in the US with thicker German glass.

SquirrelMaster,

shadowtrap

Okay so are the custom z's like the canary, babinga, purple heart etc?
The customs all perform the same though, just aesthetic differences?

shadowtrap,
Reactions: eideal852

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Okay so are the custom z's like the canary, babinga, purple heart etc?
The customs all perform the same though, just aesthetic differences?
I recommend either the V2 or the ZV2, both in blackwood. You're correct that the the other Zs with different woods are customs. The customs use a thicker ground glass joint and are hand assembled by Ryan. They have a nice artisanal quality about them and perform great but they aren't better than the Chinese made ZV2 except insofar as the thicker glass makes them more durable.

Get the ZV2 if your priority is flavor and vapor quality. Get the V2 if your priority is fast heatup. Depending on your mod, config, and batteries the ZV2 can take a an extra hit to get warmed up but it's nothing major.

I definitely recommend both the long and short cooling stems. I never use the included short straight stems because they don't cool enough for the big hits I prefer (ten to fifteen second draw time, typically).

Last edited:

eideal852

I recommend either the V2 or the ZV2, both in blackwood. You're correct that the the other Zs with different woods are customs. The customs use a thicker ground glass joint and are hand assembled by Ryan. They have a nice artisanal quality about them and perform great but they aren't better than the Chinese made ZV2 except insofar as the thicker glass makes them more durable.

Get the ZV2 if your priority is flavor and vapor quality. Get the V2 if your priority is fast heatup. Depending on your mod, config, and batteries the ZV2 can take a an extra hit to get warmed up but it's nothing major.

I definitely recommend both the long and short cooling stems. I never use the included short straight stems because they don't cool enough for the big hits I prefer (ten to fifteen second draw time, typically).
Agree all around other than I like v1 vs the v2.
Though whether there's any arount I dont know.

eideal852,

shadowtrap

Okay thanks. Bossman I know you answered some questions for me before so I appreciate it.
I usually like 5-7 second hits. So as I understand, with the ZV2, I would just let it warm by holding the button on the mod for 6 seconds or so before hitting, then continue holding while I take a rip? And it would be good for my case?
I will have to find a good place to get the mod. And I'll definitely pick up the recommended stem for more cooling.

Agree all around other than I like v1 vs the v2.
Though whether there's any arount I dont know.
Eideal, can you say why you prefer the v1 to the v2? And do you mean the zv1 over the ZV2?

Last edited by a moderator:
shadowtrap,

eideal852

Eideal, can you say why you prefer the v1 to the v2? And do you mean the zv1 over the ZV2?
Ive had two v1s and two v2s (this is plural v1/v2, not Zs). I gave away one of the v1s and wish I hadn't. Both my v2s are scorchers. It may be because my "learner" splinters were the v1, and maybe I need to just do the work with the v2 model. In any case, both v1 were even abv, no scorch. BOTH v2 hot spot and not as even abv. but ymmv, I know @bossman doesnt have the same experience.

eideal852,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Okay thanks. Bossman I know you answered some questions for me before so I appreciate it.
I usually like 5-7 second hits. So as I understand, with the ZV2, I would just let it warm by holding the button on the mod for 6 seconds or so before hitting, then continue holding while I take a rip? And it would be good for my case?
I will have to find a good place to get the mod. And I'll definitely pick up the recommended stem for more cooling.
The Zs are still good for shorter hits. Depending on the mod config and whether you use wattage or TC you might have to hit the button for five seconds a few times to heat soak it. Honestly my Zs on the venerable Wismec RX Gen3 Dual don't have any trouble making vapor right from a cold start these days. The V2 or V1 is a smaller heater so it reaches temp more quickly and isn't as power hungry. The tradeoff is that the ceiling for flavor isn't as high.

Pretty safe to disregard @eideal852's comparison between the V1 and V2. He's my FC Splinter holmie for life but his units are seconds and freebies and he hasn't put the time into mod shopping or firmware upgrades. If you can budget even $35 for an rxg3d or a Sinuous Ravage from China there's no reason you can't get super even abv using the firmware and settings we've settled on.

shadowtrap

Okay. I bought the ZV2, now I'm buying the wismec rx gen 3 dual kit.
I did search your posts and found links, I also found it on the wismec website. What I'm not clear on, it looks like it doesn't come with the coil or cells.
Can I just buy the cells anywhere?
Is there a coil recommended or maybe there's a version that comes with coil I'm not seeing?
I read something about this only lasting for 2 or 3 sessions.. is there something else I buy to charge this part?
Really sorry if this is answered, I tried searching your posts with Wismec, if you or someone already explained all this and can send a link I'd be grateful.

Edit: I did find a version with a coil and a Gnome tank but I'm assuming I don't need the gnome tank and should probably just buy a coil separate?

2nd edit: just found the other thread specifically about box mods.. let me read through that one.. sorry if I jumped the gun

Last edited:
shadowtrap,

Bazinga

Bossman pointed me to the Splinter(s) Z V2 and they are now my daily vape. I found the Splinter to offer cooler vapor than even my Mighty. Not much to clean. I was warned there is a a learning curve to adjust the Splinter to suit one's style. After some adjustments in technique I can tell you Splinter is very easy to use. I was hoping for a good deal to acquire another on a 420 sale but I did not see one. I don't need another one but would not turn down one offered at a good sale price.

androponic

vaped.
Bossman pointed me to the Splinter(s) Z V2 and they are now my daily vape. I found the Splinter to offer cooler vapor than even my Mighty. Not much to clean. I was warned there is a a learning curve to adjust the Splinter to suit one's style. After some adjustments in technique I can tell you Splinter is very easy to use. I was hoping for a good deal to acquire another on a 420 sale but I did not see one. I don't need another one but would not turn down one offered at a good sale price.

still 30% off on his store, code is thankscole and a splinter Z V2 is 83.30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom